Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages (12397 Views)

Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by edwife(f): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
I've always known what you mean my sister, it's very obvious.

There's actually a handful of women on here who know what feminism is really about and it's just sad seeing the movement being used as it is on here.

I know you almost don't like feminists btw.tongue grin

An angel like me? grin i don't hate people,i just can't stand aggressiveness and pretenders.If i didn't like feminists will i be talking with you? grin

You can't preach something here and not live by it,some of the stuff you talk about i relate with but there are some that totally parallel to my values.

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by steppin: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
slimmy05:
Read the thread again and type a response that suits.
Type a response that suits? Wtf!
You asked for an opinion, she gave you hers, but it wasn't what you were expecting, so it's bullshit to you.
If you want to cook, wash your wife's panties, that's your business.

2 Likes

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
edwife:

An angel like me? grin i don't hate people,i just can't stand aggressiveness and pretenders.If i didn't like feminists will i be talking with you? grin

You can't preach something here and not live by it,some of the stuff you talk about i relate with but there are some that totally parallel to my values.
I was just messing with you though.wink

It's almost like to be a feminist means being rude and aggressive towards men and any woman who doesn't agree with you, but that's not it at all, although I must admit that most non-feminist women(let me put it that way) make it very hard to reason with themgrin

I can understand and respect your stand.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by edwife(f): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
I was just messing with you though.wink

It's almost like to be a feminist means being rude and aggressive towards men and any woman who doesn't agree with you, but that's not it at all, although I must admit that most non-feminist women(let me put it that way) make it very hard to reason with themgrin

I can understand and respect your stand.

Thanks,i will keep reading and understand what feminism is all about but it's going to take me a while to get there cheesyembarassedtongue

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2015
FrancisTony:

Number one rude woman in this section is a non-feminist.
That Lolagirl.

Don't be deceived by her pretentious submissiveness. I understand someone not agreeing with people but the way she goes about, abusing other people is an opposite of what she claims; being a good christian.
She exudes frustration....
Honestly? I don't even know who you are referring to but I'm guessing it's lady who had it out with vicky, I only noticed her that day if that's who you mean.

The main issue is with the so called feminists who don't even know what they are on about, many of them make the movement look like a men hating club, I do understand though that most of the world's problems were and is till being caused by men grin, however that doesn't mean women don't have faults too, it would be nice if blames be apportioned rightfully according to every case, not twisting everything to blame the man even when it's clear he isn't at fault.

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
edwife:

Thanks,i will keep reading and understand what feminism is all about but it's going to take me a while to get there cheesyembarassedtongue
You are welcome.

We'll get there.wink
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by edwife(f): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Honestly? I don't even know who you are referring to but I'm guessing it's lady who had it out with vicky, I only noticed her that day if that's who you mean.

The main issue is with the so called feminists who don't even know what they are on about, many of them make the movement look like a men hating club, I do understand though that most of the world's problems were and is till being caused by men grin, however that doesn't mean women don't have faults too, it would be nice if blames be apportioned rightfully according to every case, not twisting everything to blame the man even when it's clear he isn't at fault.

You see why i say i relate with you? You real and drop it like it is.

This is Nairaland,a cyber space.The real world is way too different from this, and that is the one thing i never understand.

Well as long as there are people like you,we still have hope cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Yes, the Vicky girl looked for her trouble.
But I've had my own share of attack from her even though I never mentioned her - she depicts "Angry black woman"....
And I have seen where she attacked some women too.

There's another one that attack Coco..candy both directly and indirectly.
You can see who are the real trouble-makers. grin
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
Why are we blaming feminism for people's aggressive nature or character?? A feminist can be ignorant, a murderer, a pedophile, a liar, a christian, an animal rights activist, a doctor, a school teacher, a house wife and a non-feminist can also be all of the above.

How do y'all know who is pretending to be a real feminist on NL and who isn't? Most especially, why the fvck does anyone care about what goes on in other people's personal lives??
I am not a feminist God, neither are any of you, you hold no right on who can claim to be a feminist and who can't.

I don't think I was the one that called freecocoa out on the "superiority whatever" but I'll add my 2 cents anyway. I have seen you say things like, "not all who claim to be feminists on NL are feminist" (And I know you are not talking about trolls). The problem with that statement is that it is divisive and as feminists, we don't need that. Your statement on this thread is different from your usual statements because it doesn't strip anybody of their feminism but it suggest that some feminist can in fact be ignorant. And education can solve ignorance. Give your sisters a little hand instead of telling them they are not worthy to call themselves feminists because that is what it translates to at the end of the day.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by crackhaus: 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2015

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
FrancisTony:

But I've had my own share of attack from her even though I never mentioned her - she depicts "Angry black woman"....

Lol @ the angry black woman reference, that's wickid.grin

Anyways, I know how the fights on here can get personal so I won't waste my time on that.

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
FrancisTony:

Don't mind all these people that want to judge feminism based on what a 17yr old girl does. Where are they when men that are 3x your age attack you for doing nothing but having a different opinion?? Why are they not judging non-feminists by the aggressive anti-feminist male groups on this section? Why are they not judging non-feminists by the young aggressive kids at the romance section. These people would look for anything to justify their hate for feminism.

Where are they with their laughter and peaceful balderdash when a young boy like yourself gets attacked by grown a*ss men and called all sorts of names?? Where are they??
Nairaland is the most hostile website for feminists; yet we are the ones they tag with aggression. These are the same women that would praise anti-feminists for their insults, these are the same women that would encourage these bulldogs to create insult apps because they are so awesome at being insolent. Yet, feminists on NL are rude and aggressive. PUH-Lease!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by edwife(f): 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
crackhaus:

grin grin grin

Unfollow thread

Frecocoa was great talking maturely with you,see you cool

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by crackhaus: 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
edwife:

grin grin grin
Unfollow thread

Frecocoa was great talking maturely with you,see you cool
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:
Why are we blaming feminism for people's aggressive nature or character?? A feminist can be ignorant, a murderer, a pedophile, a liar, a christian, an animal rights activist, a doctor, a school teacher, a house wife and a non-feminist can also be all of the above.

How do y'all know who is pretending to be a real feminist on NL and who isn't? Most especially, why the fvck does anyone care about what goes on in other people's personal lives??
I am not a feminist God, neither are any of you, you hold no right on who can claim to be a feminist and who can't.

I don't think I was the one that called freecocoa out on the "superiority whatever" but I'll add my 2 cents anyway. I have seen you say things like, "not all who claim to be feminists on NL are feminist" (And I know you are not talking about trolls). The problem with that statement is that it is divisive and as feminists, we don't need that. Your statement on this thread is different from your usual statements because it doesn't strip anybody of their feminism but it suggest that some feminist can in fact be ignorant. And education can solve ignorance. Give your sisters a little hand instead of telling them they are not worthy to call themselves feminists because that is what it translates to at the end of the day.
You don't seem to get the point, I am not a god when it comes to feminism also and that's very far from what this is about.

Now, I do know that a feminist can be all the above mentioned and more, but when you are championing a course, aren't you supposed to walk in line with what you are supposed to stand for? I don't think anyone has said people shouldn't claim feminist, saying that not all who claim to be is, is actually a statement of fact, just like saying not everyone who claims to be a christian is.

The reason why I seem to have a problem with the people being referred to on here is, that they make it seem their attitude is as a result of being feminists and feminism, is something I am very passionate about.

You say that education is what's needed but how do you educate people, who don't think they need to be educated because the probably know better than you? Try engaging one and you get called names for it. You say the statement is divisive and isn't needed but I disagree as it will be foolhardy and counterproductive to associate oneself with just anyone who calls themselves feminists especially when it's obvious, you don't even stand in the same place on the matter.

You don't expect me to be in cahoots with a pedophile or murderer because they go by the title 'feminist' now do you?

N.B I don't care what goes on in anyone's personal life offline, I speak based on NL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
edwife:

You see why i say i relate with you? You real and drop it like it is.

This is Nairaland,a cyber space.The real world is way too different from this, and that is the one thing i never understand.

Well as long as there are people like you,we still have hope cheesy

Aww, my head is biging, thank you dear.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
FrancisTony:

I think she has a personality disorder. grin grin grin grin grin

Preach one on a thread, Preach differently on another.....

N'a people wey they take this place serious.
sometimes after my whiskey I type some kin thing I won't even remember I typed until someone quotes me when I'm sober grin

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
Chillisauce:

sometimes after my whiskey I type some kin thing I won't even remember I typed until someone quotes me when I'm sober grin

I'll really miss you if you or I ever leave NL, you are one hell of a woman.grin

Too funny.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:

Now, I do know that a feminist can be all the above mentioned and more, but when you are championing a course, aren't you supposed to walk in line with what you are supposed to stand for? I don't think anyone has said people shouldn't claim feminist, saying that not all who claim to be is, is actually a statement of fact, just like saying not everyone who claims to be a christian is.

Unlike normal causes, feminism seem to be a little different because what it does is give women a choice. Someone can be a house-wife and still be a feminist as long as he/she does not believe all women should be constrained to home duties. Someone can adhere to gender roles without believing in it. It doesn't make them less of a feminist.

The reason why I seem to have a problem with the people being referred to on here is, that they make it seem their attitude is as a result of being feminists and feminism, is something I am very passionate about.
How do they make it seem that way?? I have never seen a feminist on NL even slightly insinuate that they are aggressive because they are feminists. Do non-feminists make it seem like their attitude is as a result of being non-feminists?? Do anti-feminists make it seem that way too??

You cannot blame people for how YOU choose to interpret their message.

Try engaging one and you get called names for it. You say the statement is divisive and isn't needed but I disagree as it will be foolhardy and counterproductive to associate oneself with just anyone who calls themselves feminists especially when it's obvious, you don't even stand in the same place on the matter.
Nobody is asking you to associate yourself with someone who you don't agree with. I am not aware of any feminist cabal or cult on NL. I think you might want to strip yourself of the feminist title too if you think feminists agree on all feminist issues.

You don't expect me to be in cahoots with a pedophile or murder because they go by the title 'feminist' now do you?
I can agree with feminist on feminist issue and still disagree with that same feminist on other issues that does not have to do with gender equality. It's very simple.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by armyofone(m): 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Say no to enabling. I see no reason why everyone wouldn't contribute to house chores. Mangina and wopeni.s should both have their hands on deck.
Lay things out at the onset of the relationship.
One of things we are looking into at the moment is who will be making the bed grin we both agreed who got up last grin
I so hate unmade bed so I'm always making my bed but you are not gonna run away from that chore too. Flimsy yeah, but I'm looking out for down the road.

1 Like

Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
I'll really miss you if you or I ever leave NL, you are one hell of a woman.grin

Too funny.

But it's true Na. cheesy
then consider others that smoke ganja, frustrated by life, the dummies (those ones that take 45th position out of 46 in primary schools), the půssy sniffers.
All in this place arguing.
My dear, it's not easy .
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Ewuro4: 8:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
The F word again?
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Ewuro4: 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
@Original Post... WHATEVER ROCKS MY/ OTHERS BOAT ... If onlookers have a problem with how I treat my hubby & vice versa, they can look the other way. I don't live to please anyone.

I don't do gender role shait.. We roll differently in my hood.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Kimoni: 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
Chillisauce:

grin grin grin

You should go into comedy
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 8:38pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Unlike normal causes, feminism seem to be a little different because what it does is give women a choice. Someone can be a house-wife and still be a feminist as long as he/she does not believe all women should be constrained to home duties. Someone can adhere to gender roles without believing in it. It doesn't make them less of a feminist.

How do they make it seem that way?? I have never seen a feminist on NL even slightly insinuate that they are aggressive because they are feminists. Do non-feminists make it seem like their attitude is as a result of being non-feminists?? Do anti-feminists make it seem that way too??

You cannot blame people for how YOU choose to interpret their message.

Nobody is asking you to associate yourself with someone who you don't agree with. I am not aware of any feminist cabal or cult on NL. I think you might want to strip yourself of the feminist title too if you think feminists agree on all feminist issues.

I can agree with feminist on feminist issue and still disagree with that same feminist on other issues that does not have to do with gender equality. It's very simple.
1. I get you on that, what am saying is, there are certain issues where your stand as a feminist is not suppose to waver, especially on gender roles, you don't only be feminist when it suits you, you are either a feminist or you are not.

2. You need to be more attentive then, there are actually some messages which are self explanatory and need not be interpreted by oneself or somebody else. When a person says " I am a feminist therefore don't care what you think", what do you understand by that?

3. You are either lying or really have never cared about your sisters on here/what they do, like I already said, I am very passionate about the cause and try to pay attention to people who believe in it too on here. It's not even about feminist issues as virtually all the thread on this section, come down to feminism in the end, really crazy I must say.

4.I'm not a babe on here sholly, ofcourse I do know how/where to say what on issues. The main point is, understanding what the movement is about and working in accordance with it, it's true you can't tell people how to do themselves but atleast, the goal is one I believe, no?
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by freecocoa(f): 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
Chillisauce:

But it's true Na. cheesy
then consider others that smoke ganja, frustrated by life, the dummies (those ones that take 45th position out of 46 in primary schools), the půssy sniffers.
All in this place arguing.
My dear, it's not easy .
You are right anyways, I have since learnt how to pick on here.

In all, it is a crazily beautiful place.grin
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
crackhaus:
I know she is a model.What is her name?
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by SirShymexx: 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
Like seriously, what's so special and difficult in women cooking?

If the woman were to have kids, won't she cook for them?

If she's going to cook for them, and cook for herself - then what's special in adding an extra portion for her other half? undecided

Any woman that can't cook and doesn't want to cook for her partner should please stay in her parent's house and not get married. She's definitely going to be a terrible mum.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
@Misssclassy: You are online, yet avoiding this thread like a plague. Were you trolling? Do you believe in gender roles??

Freecocoa: It is reflex for me to call out people that call NL feminists fake or pseudo-feminists because most are non-feminists who are ignorant of the feminist cause. Maybe you do have a point and I need to pay close attention. BTW, the first few sentences in my 2nd post was not directed at you.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by BABE3: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
all4naija:

I know she is a model.What is her name?

cara delevingne. Love her.
Re: Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
SirShymexx:
Like seriously, what's so special and difficult in men cooking?

If the man were to have kids, won't he cook for them?

If he's going to cook for them, and cook for himself - then what's special in adding an extra portion for his other half? undecided

Any man that can't cook and doesn't want to cook for his partner should please stay in his parent's house and not get married. He's definitely going to be a terrible dad.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Nigerians With English Surnames / How Do You Treat Your Maid? / High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.