Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Oya Review This Website! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Oya Review This Website! (2100 Views)

I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me / Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / Who Did This Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2009
Hey Guyz, i mean my fans people like Yawa-ti-de & Honourable DHTML this people are one in a million. smiley
I just finish with one of my web project, please guyz kindly check it out

Website URL : [ www.lincolncollegeliberia.com ]
NB: All Criticism are welcome, now tell me what you think?
Re: Oya Review This Website! by yawatide(f): 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2009
1) http://www.lincolncollegeliberia.com/photo.html - your photos are bleeding thru the background in FF. Something tells me you set the height of the light blue area, hence the bleed thru. As a matter of fact, I think I am write, courtesy of this code:
<div id="left" style="width: 516px; height: 289px"> on http://www.lincolncollegeliberia.com/partner.html

Remove the height attribute and let the page flow naturally.

2) http://www.lincolncollegeliberia.com/contact.html doesn't validate and consequently forwards me to http://pub43.bravenet.com/emailfwd/senddata.php and you also have a yahoo address listed. Why? The light blue background is also non-existent.

3) http://lincolncollegeliberia.com/study.html - too long. Why not have a "back to top" link after so many links.

4) You are using the xhtml transitional dtd yet your code doesn't validate (for example: <br> instead of
)

5) Consider using one of the many javascript libraries (jquery, mootools, etc) for a more interactive gallery.

Good luck!
Re: Oya Review This Website! by nitation(m): 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2009
I was chatting with a friend not long ago and he said, "Nitation do you know marquee tag was outdated in 1999"?

Do you guys think
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

1) http://www.lincolncollegeliberia.com/photo.html - your photos are bleeding thru the background in FF. Something tells me you set the height of the light blue area, hence the bleed thru. As a matter of fact, I think I am write, courtesy of this code:
<div id="left" style="width: 516px; height: 289px"> on http://www.lincolncollegeliberia.com/partner.html

Remove the height attribute and let the page flow naturally.

2) http://www.lincolncollegeliberia.com/contact.html doesn't validate and consequently forwards me to http://pub43.bravenet.com/emailfwd/senddata.php and you also have a yahoo address listed. Why? The light blue background is also non-existent.

3) http://lincolncollegeliberia.com/study.html - too long. Why not have a "back to top" link after so many links.

4) You are using the xhtml transitional dtd yet your code doesn't validate (for example: <br> instead of
)

5) Consider using one of the many javascript libraries (jquery, mootools, etc) for a more interactive gallery.

Good luck!

. . hahaha, seriously you are funny, grin  anyway i know Yawa post is strictly for bizness not personal
"dat wat i learn from u today". . .as for the above pages mention i will look into it later.

Thanks a million. wink

nitation:

I was chatting with a friend not long ago and he said, "Nitation do you know marquee tag was outdated in 1999"?

Do you guys think
. . .Lol this is hilarious, as for you its updated but here is like "flash" no "javascript" hot cake grin
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2009
I must tell you friend , your site is displaying horribly ( your marquee + the contact page ) on my IE V 7, your layout also look different when viewed on my Mozilla , find something to do to that pls ( probably coz you edited a template grin ) or Missuse of all these funny DREAMWEAVERS! , Hmm , ( funny enough that you copied your contact US page ! lol thats why its not working ! ) i can help you out with that if you want ! thou , am not a JAVASCRIPT Guru , but , i can booast of PHP well , for JAVASCRIPT CAll this function this=><DHTML> DHTML </DHTML> lol
sorry i figured out too much ! I am a newbie too ,
contact me for the php thing if you think you might need me but for the Code JAVASCRIPTING THING , abeg call who the honour is due to tongue,
send me a msg on my website .
www.segsalerty.com
Re: Oya Review This Website! by yawatide(f): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2009
sega,

I don't click on mailto links and so proceeded to go to your "contact" page so as to contact you. What I got was a blank page.

Just an FYI
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2009
Yes , my contact page is blank for now , but scrolling down on my website , you will see the Quick message form , thats my temporary contact page grin!
i am hutsleing for money to Upgrade my Hosting plan coz of the futures i want to include in my next Update ma , i am working on it !
You can just fill the Quick message form on my Homepage and i shall your message here ! [Note] - an auto response will be also sent to your email [$email] provided immediately grin
atleast am improving!
Thanks ma
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 1:12am On Feb 28, 2009
Shut up dere, Mr. man as a newbie u should give honour to whom honour is due, hehehe.
Segsalerty i like your yarnis keep it up, if u can help me code a contact page i will kindly
apprecite that, thanks.

yawa-ti-de:

sega,

I don't click on mailto links and so proceeded to go to your "contact" page so as to contact you. What I got was a blank page.

Just an FYI
. . .same with me too, leave the guy na "Oversabi dey worry em" lol grin
Re: Oya Review This Website! by cvibe: 1:41am On Feb 28, 2009
ztyle

Your URL is to long.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 1:44am On Feb 28, 2009
cvibe:

ztyle

Your URL is to long.
Sorry dude, that's how my client want it?
what about yours below?  grin

@YAWA

Good luck!

I'm havinq serious problem with Mootools?
http://lincolncollegeliberia.com/photo.html

Check it out embarassed
Re: Oya Review This Website! by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 28, 2009
@poster, i am just seeing this for the first time. Next time we chat online, i will see what i can do. Meanwhile
i just posted a topic concerning how to convert from html to xhtml
without actually writing codes.
You may find that useful. I will give you the analyses result online with some solutions as well - need to censor my posts.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2009
@ all,  expecially @Poster
I see that its either my mouth is smelling or somehow by letting you know whats wrong with your site when viewed on different platform of browsers ! cant you do something to that ? and by telling you how i figured out the source of your side coding ? ( is that also a crime )? maybe am jumping telling you i can fix your form for you coz you just copied verbatin the codes from the Template or whatever , thats why your ( forms looks like -----> <form method="post" action="www.website.come/php" /> , forgive me as a newbiee! i wont do that anymore ,
am out , i better keep my mouth shut next time
Re: Oya Review This Website! by yawatide(f): 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2009
zstyle,

I just checked out the photos page and must confess that but for a tiny flaw (the borders around your content area, as they exist on the home page, don't exist on the photos page), I am impressed. See, such cool effects can make me, and I am sure others, forget about other issues with your site. It is very interactive indeed. I am happy you have learned something grin

I don't see any issues with what you have used. What mootools issues were/are you having? Keep us posted. The only things I would point out are:

1) Remove that, "Click here" and add an actual photo AND
2) Replace if possible the green "next" and "previous" links with actual images to the same effect. It shouldn't be that hard to find the links and replace them in the code.

Once again, good job.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2009
1) Remove that, "Click here" and add an actual photo AND
2) Replace if possible the green "next" and "previous" links with actual images to the same effect. It shouldn't be that hard to find the links and replace them in the code.
. . .Thanks yawa grin . . .u makinq me proud here i dey feel like OBJ. as for the photo effect, i used "Backbozfile" javascript, mootools was givinq shit, then i try the alternative. i don't it's will be nice editinq the script by replace files, its okay like that, as for the button "Click Here" i design it myself so make dey use their brain click em. smiley
Re: Oya Review This Website! by TechPros(m): 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2009
@poster

on a seriious note
i feel you should give more attention to your Design [ page not impressive ].
try and work on that not neccessary for this site but for upcoming site  wink. lastly segsalerty is right, your site is not displaying well in some major browser. do something about that , it is very important.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2009
Tech Pros:

@poster

on a seriious note
i feel you should give more attention to your Design [ page not impressive ].
try and work on that not neccessary for this site but for upcoming site wink. lastly segsalerty is right, your site is not displaying well in some major browser. do something about that , it is very important.

. . Thanks for your comment, but what do u suggest? the best view is IE 6 & dat's what i'm usinq, if u can help me to fix the "Browser issue" please do. Once again Thanks smiley
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2009
Thanks Mr Tech Pros grin I am really grad someone Noticed my comment! but , i doubt i will talk in here again , its like people are under-rated here ! Nobody knows all , grin grin grin grin grin grin grin but for me , i learned my lesson here and will always keep my mouth shut ! but, on a more serious note , This is a forum where everyone should be ======== tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Oya Review This Website! by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 01, 2009
@Segsa, what is the meaning of all that? you have given good advices so far - just keep it up. I faced a similar crises too when i first came to NL some years ago, i became inactive, did not make any post for about a year or two (due to some embarrasment) before i eventually came back (from dynamicdrive and elsewhere).

What i just notice about this board is that there is rating, some people's advices are best taken, while some - their mauth is smelling. embarassed embarassed

@poster: erhm, try to go through the advices posted to you even if you think the mauth of the poster is smelling or even if the post is laud mauted(like me) tongue
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 12:22pm On Mar 01, 2009
Thanks Dhtml , i agree to what you said , and it sucks am being underated! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed its paining me , maybe me too need to go and come back(<yoruba> agbo to tadi meyin , agbara lo lo muwa </yoruba> ) grin grin
am going now! shocked
Re: Oya Review This Website! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2009
Berra stay here and continue doing the good job. Dont worry, you rating will increase soon enough.

lenu-pa.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="yoruba"?>
<vernacula>
<yoruba>
<arakurin>segalert</arakurin>
<lati>dhtml</lati>
<oro>Ma Se Binu Si Won</oro>
<pele>
Emi ti mi o ni enu oro tele - mo ti wa lenu-pa ni ile olowo yi!
Enu mi sufe bi kettle!
</pele>
</yoruba>
</vernacula>

And the xml is valid too. Encoded in yoruba. . .
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy LOL
I am staying ! wink i'll continue to learn and share Ideas
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2009
*Long Yawn* . . . its okay, the client just finish payment & i'm off for shoppinq. . see ya!! grin
Re: Oya Review This Website! by dgreatrock(m): 10:16am On Mar 02, 2009
while shopping, ask them to give you digital photographs, such will appear sharper than what we have here.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 10:30am On Mar 02, 2009
dgreatrock:

while shopping, ask them to give you digital photographs, such will appear sharper than what we have here.
. .  .lol  grin, dats how my client want it na, the main thinq is that i have the ego!! & i'm done with his work.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by dgreatrock(m): 10:43am On Mar 02, 2009
lipsrsealed
ok o!
he who pays da webmaster, dictates da tune.
lol
happy shopping.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2009
. . .Okay i hear you.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by yawatide(f): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2009
delitine,

no offense (and I know it depends on "the eye of the beholder") but with respect to the "pure online" website, I beg to differ.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2009
Uhmmm , i wont talk, Its now COMPETITION time , right ? proffessional and Non-Proffesional sites? huh ? well, let me no comment on those sites you <yoruba> TAKA </youruba> with mr delitine! let me no talk because i know my mouth will definately be smelling ! pls sir DHTML / Yawatide , pls help me talk ontop those websites they are <yoruba> TAKA ING </youruba> with , try to open them site for Mozilla / IE 7 and see ! pls help me view them source codes coz i no like how the think dey come up on my slow server ! why still using TABLE TABLE ! i never talk ooo , pls help me talk ! coz my mouth dey smell ,
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2009
. . .then shut up na grin
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2009
Ok ooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin i just no dey like Fumble ni , thats why ! shocked shocked shocked my mouth is already shut ! but , like the needs Rating ! but , i wont rate anyone but for your own work that i see , Its cool enough !
but , wont talk about his and his friends own lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Oya Review This Website! by yawatide(f): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2009
I don't think it is nice to say, "it is what the client wants" or "he who pays the webmaster dictates the tune". I mean, by that standard, if the client wants a 500MB logo on his site and is paying N1m for it, we should give it to him right? WRONG!

We are not just code monkeys. Our job is to use our knowledge base to advise the client as well. How many times has a client come up to you and say, "this is how I want it but you are the expert and that is why we are hiring u. You know best wat needs to be done and how", or something to that effect? If they haven't ask you that then I dare say you are not being recognized for what you do or you haven't presented yourself well. I hear that statement pretty much all the time.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by OmniPotens(m): 5:33pm On Mar 02, 2009
Two things I'll like to point out here.

1) As the rule of this forum points out, posts must be in English and not vernacular. Please kindly take note of this and adhere.

2) This forum is meant for all. No one is holding your fingers from clicking at your mouse or typing on your keyboard. It is free-for-all so all is expected to comment. If you want to choose who is to comment on your posts and who shouldn't, then get them on YIM or anywhere you deem fit then communicate with them.

Kindly take note of these and adhere to them, please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng / Disadvantages Of .NG Domain Names? / Help! Google Doesn't Crawl And Index My Posts Automatically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.