Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,953 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:18 AM

First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 (15042 Views)

I'm Still Devastated - Late Dr Stella Adadevoh's Son Recounts Mum’s Last Moment / Stella and Jet creams.....Did U? / Ikemba Ojukwu Pix The First Nigerian To Driv A Rolls Royce At Oxford University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by mochafella(m): 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2006
Looks like we have the first Nigerian to experience space, she's a female teenager too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5364722.stm
A 17-year-old schoolgirl is to become the first Nigerian to experience a space flight when she takes off from the Kennedy Space Center on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Seun(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2006
Her name is Stella Felix from the South East. I hope she continues to achieve newsworthy feats.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by nilla(f): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2006
thats really cool.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Raymand(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2006
Great! WOW! grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by dekin(m): 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2006
its suppose to be a space flight simmulation not realy going to d moon per-say. anyways half bread they say, big up sista
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Shentz(f): 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2006
woow
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2006
Now this is awesome but Isn't she scared? smiley Make us proud sis cool
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by momoney1(m): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2006
first Nigerian? does it mean no Nigerian was among the team when "SAT 1"was launched in the space?
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by mochafella(m): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2006
mo money:

first Nigerian? does it mean no Nigerian was among the team when "SAT 1"was launched in the space?

"SAT 1" was just a satellite, no humans were launched along with it, so she is the first Nigerian.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2006
Point of correction to you'll, she's not actually going to space but she is to experience what it feels like to be in space, it's called zero-gravity flight. (you guys makes it sound as if she's the first Nigerian in space  undecided) Am not excited about this because it's no big deal, i think anyone can process a way of going on this kind of flight, it might just cost you some good amount of dough. Anyone know a show called "Jackass", it's a crazy show where they do lots of crazy, nonsense and retarded stuffs, but yet still very cool and intersting to watch (i actually love their show). They had an episode where they went through zero-gravity flight and started vomiting on themselves while going through zero-gravity flight, it was cool watching their nasty vomit floating in the air in zero gravity.

My point is that since they could let some crazy guys do some crazy stunts with a Navy aircraft, they would as well let anyone who has the dough to sh*t on their aircraft. Am happy for her because of the experience but not excited because it's not really a great record.

A little more on zero-gravity flight: It's when a regular airplane is cleared of all its content (excluding the pilot area) and packed with people in the created space, they then take off to a high altitude where the pilot then nosedive the aircraft to wards the earth on a freefall. what the passengers experience is what's call zero gravity, which is what one experiences in space. (didn't you guys take physics in high school  grin)

2 Likes

Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by twinkledew(f): 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2006
wow. good.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by segedoo(m): 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2006
she's from my Alma mata - Moremi high school, OAU, Ile-ife.
ope o
something to be proud of since i left the skool in 1995!!!!!
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2006
Thats great !
This is one Giant step for Africa man !
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by walel: 12:10am On Sep 21, 2006
@ Segedoo man dey go Moremi High School? na wa oh i thot with that kin name na girls only he for be not co-ed anyhow be proud of ur Alma-Mater even if the name na Olori, LOL
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by IroroRoyal(f): 2:51am On Sep 21, 2006
WOW!WOW! good job girl, UP NIGERIA,
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by iice(f): 3:28am On Sep 21, 2006
Cool cool
I always wanted to experience the zero-gravity thing, i shall put that in ma list
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Hotstepper(f): 4:13am On Sep 21, 2006
read it and thought it is good for her, am happy for her
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by kimba(m): 4:43am On Sep 21, 2006
Abeg, make unna dey read something well before scaring us o,

note:
She will fly at an altitude of 10 km (6 miles) on G-Force One, before dropping, giving a few minutes of weightlessness.

Its more of a as-if-I-was-in-space stuff, but all the same, its all good, she could be inspired to become an Astronaut someday.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 6:05am On Sep 21, 2006
segedoo:

she's from my Alma mata - Moremi high school, OAU, Ile-ife.
ope o
something to be proud of since i left the school in 1995!!!!!
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
JosBoy4Lif:

Thats great !
This is one Giant step for Africa man !
Radiant:

Now this is awesome but Isn't she scared? smiley Make us proud sis cool
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by aloib(f): 7:08am On Sep 21, 2006
hmm cool, ave fun
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by kinzolic(m): 10:02am On Sep 21, 2006
cool
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 11:32am On Sep 21, 2006
Ladex take time o grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by numen(m): 11:39am On Sep 21, 2006
dats cool. though i think its a simulation rather than the real travel. anyway its gonna be a nice experience for her.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Scorpio(f): 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2006
ladex142:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
lol,,i feel ur pain tho.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by tianshie(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2006
Didn't anybody read what Ladex wrote?

IT-IS-JUST-A-SIMULATION! SIMULATION!SIMULATION!!

She isn't going to space! NOT GOING TO SPACE!!

The tiltle of the thread is totally erroneous!

Na wa for pipol o,jeez!
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by iice(f): 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2006
Some of us read what ladex wrote lol
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by mukina2: 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2006
nigerians are always the first for everything in west africa wink
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Jalal(m): 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2006
The initiator of this post should pls correct the title its only a

S
I
M
U
L tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
A
T
I
O
N
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by queene(f): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2006
nice smiley
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Christino(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2006
How can she be the first.

All them Iya Oshoronga and Abija and dem Ogboni people have toured the planets, haba grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by kay4suree(m): 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2006
grin I think she is a doll grin grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2006
iice:

Some of us read what l[b]atex [/b]wrote lol
hahaahan! which one be that now sad cool
Christino:

How can she be the first.

All them Iya Oshoronga and Abija and them Ogboni people have toured the planets, haba grin
lol, true, true, true grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best HOUSE DESIGN 3D & INTERIORS IN NIGERIAL CALL 08069253261 / What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? / One Injured As Explosion Rocks Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.