Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. (5794 Views)

List Of New Words Added To The English Dictionary In 2016 / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / I Saw This In My Student's Note Book Today. Who Can Explain Please? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by SenR(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
No english dictionary has been able to
explain the difference between the two words
"COMPLETE" and "FINISHED".

Some people say there is no difference between
the two words "COMPLETE" and "FINISHED".

But for me, there is,

When you marry the right woman for you, then
you are COMPLETE but when you marry the wrong
woman you are FINISHED!
When your wife catches you with another woman,
then you are COMPLETELY FINISHED and when your
wife loves shopping so much that she drains your account,
then your FINISHED COMPLETELY!!!

Please feel free to add yours...

Note: I stand to be corrected.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Datas121(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
Lolzzz

3 Likes

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by demmy0325(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Old news.. undecided

5 Likes

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by enoqueen: 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ok.
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by zyzxx(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
hahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by mysticgal(f): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
SenR:
No english dictionary has been able to explain the difference between the two words "COMPLETE" and "FINISHED".
Some people say there is no difference between the two words "COMPLETE" and "FINISHED".
But for me, there is,
When you marry the right woman for you, then you are COMPLETE but when you marry the wrong woman you are FINISHED! When your wife catches you with another woman, then you are COMPLETELY FINISHED and when your wife loves shopping so much that she drains your account, then your FINISHED COMPLETELY!!!

you stole my dp meme.anyway pay for copyright. now!!!undecided

7 Likes

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
OP NICE 1
SenR:
No english dictionary has been able to explain the difference between the two words "COMPLETE" and "FINISHED".
Some people say there is no difference between the two words "COMPLETE" and "FINISHED".
But for me, there is,
When you marry the right woman for you, then you are COMPLETE but when you marry the wrong woman you are FINISHED! When your wife catches you with another woman, then you are COMPLETELY FINISHED and when your wife loves shopping so much that she drains your account, then your FINISHED COMPLETELY!!!

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by rerhji(m): 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
lmao if u re fooled by ur gf ur finished if u re fooled by ur wify u re completely finished
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by raphaelgreg(m): 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
Heard dat wen I was little
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by free2ryhme: 10:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
SenR:

But for me, there is,

woman you are FINISHED!

the use of these words are contextual nothing special about what you are saying
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by ShakurM(m): 11:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
Easy

A. I'm a complete man. cool

B. I'm a finished man. embarassed

Like 4 A

Share 4 B

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by suremanpatriot: 1:09am On Jun 26, 2015
OK LEARN ...COMPLETE AND FINISHED both have similar definitive meanings but can be differentiated based on contextual meanings. wink

2 Likes

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by adioolayi(m): 3:21am On Jun 26, 2015
SenR:

But for me, there is,

woman you are FINISHED!

Why Centered Your Definitions Around Women?

When you marry right man for you..you are COMPLETE but when you marry wrong Man you are FINISHED.
when your man catches you with another man, then you are COMPLETELY FINISHED and when your man is so lazy, you do the work, pay the bills including house rent, children school fee e.t.c then you are FINISHED COMPLETELY grin

1 Like

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Abayor7: 4:49am On Jun 26, 2015
SenR:

But for me, there is,

woman you are FINISHED!

I smell an internet newbie lipsrsealed
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 26, 2015
LoLz
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by LEOSIRSIR(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2015
Make I learn english small.. Waiting for the English guru
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Ewizard(m): 8:58am On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
Old news.. undecided

lyk yesterdays paper..grin
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 26, 2015
A don knw say na finish and complete...
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Abayor7:

I smell an internet newbie lipsrsealed
Same here... maybe he just see am on FB
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 26, 2015
adioolayi:

Why Centered Your Definitions Around Women?

When you marry right man for you..you are COMPLETE but when you marry wrong Man you are FINISHED.
when your man catches you with another man, then you are COMPLETELY FINISHED and when your man is so lazy, you do the work, pay the bills including house rent, children school fee e.t.c then you are FINISHED COMPLETELY grin
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by dulal27: 10:04am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by dulal27: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by infokingboss(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
You are very funny. I tot this was intellectual. Lol
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by nonsom(m): 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
FINISH IS PURELY DIFFERENT FROM COMPLETE. Ok listen; something may be finished but never be complete. eg. one may complete an academic year but will never finished the program. do you see any different.

1 Like

Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Hollawaley(m): 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
@ op you are complete.If you stammer don't tell a Naija girl calabar in particular she has a big toe. Hit like if you get
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by Tmex(m): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
same ni
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by holar2ge(m): 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
mysticgal:
you stole my dp meme.anyway pay for copyright. now!!!undecided

Are you Obiora's Sister
Re: See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. by modskiller(m): 5:38am On Jun 27, 2015
They should be used to qualify naija girls

(1) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University 3rd Batch Release / Oau 2013/2014 Ex-predites / The Nigerian Educational Sector Is Finished, This Is An S.S.2 Student Sheet PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.