Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) (39500 Views)

Body Parts Of A Dead Woman At Oshodi Railway (Graphic Pics) / The New Abuja-Kaduna Train/Railway Station: See The Beauty And Comfort (video) / A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Intendy: 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is the train TAN gave us

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Godson201333(m): 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
We just need to learn how to stop doing things manually ...rip to the 4 lost fingers.
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
INTROVERT:

Let's see what improvements GMB would add on the existing structure. grin

What existing structure ?
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by sunsewa: 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
INTROVERT:
All aboard.... this train thread is riding to front page.. grin grin

Sorry OP

CC.. lalasticlala

Take it easy,there is limit in something's.
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
Abba999:

Your Headline should have been that An Engineer Looses his Four fingers fixing the derailed Train.

Please Nigerians stop being selfish. Learn to be humanitarian.

Nobody is selfish here..... just narrated what happened
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Calbarian(m): 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
Last year, I rode on the new coaches a couple of times Apapa and Iddo in Lagos to ijoko in Ogun state and once to Ibadan. There were different stops to drop off and pick up passengers at Yaba, Mushin, Oshodi, Ikeja and Agbado. They were quite enjoyable trips when compared to my initial expectations. The coaches were fully airconditioned, there were docks to charge mobile devices and the conductors were courteous.

However, there were old (probably from the colonial era) coaches at cheaper rates also. The previous administration did well to resuscitate the railways. I hope the current administration will improve upon this resuscitation and restore the confidence that Nigerians once had in the railways.

4 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
misreal:
we get new president no mean say we get new Nigeria.lol.

Lols...... e go beta
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by tolugar: 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
Thank your God it's nt in thick bush

RIP to those fingers.

Hopes its nt the Eba fingers.

Owsh
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. My ribs hurt for laughing out loud! grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. The nation is a comedy in all ramifications! What a place indeed!

I cry!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry :' (
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Tex42(m): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
What was the op expecting when he boarded a Naija train? To share similar experience with people who fly first class on fly emirate or Qatar airways!.

@op...when next you travel on a Naija train, don't 4get to go with your gas cooker, food stuff,... May come in handy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by ocelot2006(m): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
At least GEJ rescusitated the once comatose rail system. BTW, don't derailments also occur in even modern countries, some with disastrous consequences?
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by ocelot2006(m): 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Intendy:
This is the train TAN gave us

And which one did previous regimes (GMB inclusive) give us?
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Sheriff19: 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Minet16:
OP good one there for such information. In my opinion, I feel that there should be a way whereby this news can get to the government, just as the OP implies, blaming M. A or MRS. B won't make any diffrence. Sorry for that honourable engineer tho, this kind happens when there's a wavering of duty. It is the priority of government to fix that train, but because there was a wavering of duty the poor guy got injured. God please help this government settle all this in this regime. So Nigeria can be a better place.

#@MINET16

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by ibro360(m): 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
dats transformation
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by focus7: 10:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Unfortunately the engineer from Enugu might be one of the numerous people from the south east that one Jonathan to continue with his fake transformation program. Anyway, I pity his condition.

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by no1madman(m): 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
u called dis shittttttttttt a Train. . .suicide mission!
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by MPSA(m): 11:38pm On Jun 25, 2015
I am crying for my African Continent, This is a bad news for Africa angry cry cry

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by DProdigy15(m): 11:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
Tanx for ur life @Kay my guy, that is transformation
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 26, 2015
MPSA:
I am crying for my African Continent, This is a bad news for Africa angry cry cry
Africa is a backward sh*thole including South Africa with its Township squalor. I can't condescend so low to this kinda life all of you like to live. What a disgusting sight! Ptui!
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Emmy4Naija: 2:15am On Jun 26, 2015
The poor Engineer didn't work by the rules ; Don't put your hand where you won't put your dick. One of the vital rule of safety
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Emmy4Naija: 2:22am On Jun 26, 2015
Folks just for the records, derailing of trains is not peculiar to Nigeria. In the USA couple of months ago, train derailed killed and injured people.
Let's be sensible in criticising the past administration of GEJ that resuscitated the rail transport after thirty something years of comatose.
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Abayor7: 4:18am On Jun 26, 2015
INTROVERT:

Sorry OP

CC.. lalasticlala

What cheat do you use to get the ftc undecided
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by romeo(m): 4:32am On Jun 26, 2015
You had all the pictures except the pictures of the crushed fingers. LIAR!!! Nobody's finger was crushed, but you had to say that to spice up the story

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by eazy1990: 4:57am On Jun 26, 2015
That was GEJ transformation
INTROVERT:

Sorry OP

CC.. lalasticlala
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Sheggy13(m): 6:53am On Jun 26, 2015
anonimi:

The scientifically systematic democrat who transformed our country was rejected in favour of the change agents of NO direction.

The signs of REGRESSION engendered by Brainless Booboo is what you are seeing now.
You ought to hide your head in shame on a thread like this; but u Tanoids are shameless anyway, so I'm not the least surprised. I thought ur scam master GEJ transformed the rail sector lol. Somebody's four fingers have paid for the celebrated scam.
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by miky(m): 7:02am On Jun 26, 2015
change is here, so expect bullet proof train in two weeks lol
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by imran90(m): 8:24am On Jun 26, 2015
Funny... But it's nothing to compare with my own experience. Offa kware state to kaduna state it nothing to write about.
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by McPhilz8(m): 8:40am On Jun 26, 2015
INTROVERT:

Sorry OP

CC.. lalasticlala
come o. .'em send yu? undecided
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by iswallker(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2015
laidesmen217:

I woke up as early as 5am this morning in order to catch the train by 7am. On reaching the Enugu train station, we waited for the train till some minutes past 8am before it arrived from Kafanchan where it started it's journey. We boarded the train and left for port Harcourt meanwhile I was going to Aba.

The Locomotive train first stopped at Agabani sub-station to pick four(4) passengers and left immediately but before we could know what is happening, two(2) coaches from the train DERAILED(moved off tracks) and that was when I know say yawa don gas!

They had to call Engineers from Enugu station who came after about 40mins with their Jacks to pull the coaches back to track. We thought it's something that will take just like an hour but up till 3:42pm, it was not yet fixed.

It was a horrible experience today cos one of the Engineers lost four of his fingers today when the jack use in lifting the coaches mistakenly slipped off and the heavy duty coach landed on the guys fingers.... it took up to 5mins before the could pull it up but by then, the guys fingers were gone cos it flattened and crushed the bones. when I saw what happened, I simply carried my bag and left the train. I pray the guy gets well soon and government should look into his case.

I have to forfeit my money and go back to Enugu with bus.

Please government should know how best to improve the train situation in Nigeria cos with what I saw today, we still have a long way to go.

4 fingers kwa...wetin come remain of the hand.. grin

the photo showing the coach on gravel is hilarious...na land train be dis oo... grin

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Intendy: 8:53am On Jun 26, 2015
ocelot2006:

And which one did previous regimes (GMB inclusive) give us?
don't just do things 4 d sake of doing it.peoples life is at stake. safety first.hope you know this is not the first time? the cost is even bogus.story 4 another day
Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by MPSA(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2015
all4naija:

Africa is a backward sh*thole including South Africa with its Township squalor. I can't condescend so low to this kinda life all of you like to live. W
hat a disgusting sight! Ptui!

We don't have trains like that in SA, All4feces keep on dreaming. I am using gautrain from Pretoria to Johannesburg, not the one I see from the pictures. Sad news for Africa"Mr Kiwi P*lish" grin

3 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) by Sagamite(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
Jonathan is gone - Could you please direct your blame game to Buhari, please.

Americans stopped blaming George Bush for the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan the moment he left.
Thank you.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Where did you get your moronic "fact" that Americans stopped blaming Bush when he left?

From the stewpid brain in your arsse?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Kicked Off Turkish Flight For Assaulting Air Hostess (Pics, Video) / Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? / 14 Funny Lagos Traffic And Auto Slangs With Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.