Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? (21975 Views)

I Got A Job On Nairaland / 70k Job In Abuja: Advice Needed! / Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Ooasis(m): 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
kindly take time to read through and Pardon my errors pls.

I found myself in a situation where I need an advice.
I have a job on the mainland which pays 50k and I spend no transport at all. I started working there three months after my youth service with 45k, I wasn't satisfied with the job so I started searching for another, it(new job) wasn't coming so I decided to change my mindset and continue this for a while, after my grudges complaints to which the organization says they are not satisfied with my output and that they even wanted to lay me off, (which I knw is just gimmicks as I knw that I am there best staff) I got a raise to 50k after almost a year.
Why I don't like the job.
1. No productivity for a while now, not much jobs bringing in cash for the organization and I ain't happy doing nothing and earning at month end. I have talked to them about how to improve but they seem to want to move at there pace.
2. After the we want to lay you off saga, I feel like I really need to take my exit while the ovation is still loud.
3. I believe I need to change environment and meet new people, since here isn't interesting anymore, the workplace is not appalling and I am tired of the petty shits
4. The 50k salary will always make future job bargain allow recruiters look down on me and offer ridiculous pay.

I got a new job on the island 70k and I will be spending transport of 15k.
New environment, nice work environment and high career prospect cos it's an international organization with new challenges.

Cons
Thinking of traffic, the not to expectation salary and fear of uncertainty, kindly advice me what you think I should do.

Thanks, you may just have saved a life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Habisoye: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
Guy move to the international organization..am sure there u wi be able 2develop a career...forget abt traffic and uncertainty..u'r a man nah!

U might be lucky 2speak 2a colleague 2scort with afta somtimes..And as am ssing it u wi be expose to influences and connections since its on the island and an international org...

Kindly specify the org name and ur the post they'r putting u 2help us give u more motivations..

Congratulations Bro

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Pweetymoi1: 6:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
Nothing venture, nothing win. Go for new job where you can learn n dev yourself, very important.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Yemz213(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
bros,I will advise you to go for the new job...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Ooasis(m): 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
Thanks @ habisoye, I am looking forward to getting lift also, the uncertainty ain't a big deal I am a guy like you said. But the name of the organization I may not be able to publish due to certain reasons, but it's a group and I get to be the inventory and maintenance personnel. Thanks anyway.
@ pweetymoi1 thanks for the encouragement.
Yemz213 thanks for your contribution.

I really appreciate this family, am grateful for the word of advice, encouragement and about six sarcasms grin. I won't disappoint you fellas. Thanks.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ooasis:

I got a new job on the island 70k and I will be spending transport of 15k.
New environment, nice work environment and high career prospect cos it's an international organization with new challenges.

There in...lies your answer.

Nothing good comes easy. You either stay where you are and remain unproductive to yourself, or down the cons of the new job and look towards the future.

The big goons have their sad tales of beginnings too. Look at the future, and from what you've narrated, if the new job would give you skills that would as well be beneficial to you in future, take it!

It's not all about the present bro, neither is it all about pay, especially when you're just starting off. Good luck.

11 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by superior1: 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Prospect is of paramount importance, go for the 70k job

2 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by donbrowser(m): 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Remember fuel crisis

2 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Don't calculate the transport, Take that bold step TODAY and you will smile when you remember youur YESTERDAY. Don't be a sissy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by oluwatansho(m): 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
hummmm.

..........wait i dey come.....
come again.......
......no vex..... yeah am back
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Aikon: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Weigh both.

Which one will provide you with experience needed to help you advance in your career?

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by shaboti: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hmm
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by seedorfg(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
50k noni
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Kufie(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Both grin

Ok, I'll be honest now

I'll say you should go for the job on the island. Wanna know why? You've already said it that you'll be in a better place. Better place = better people. Better people = better you. Yeah you'll be having 5K extra as take home at the end of the month but the opportunities you stand to gain may be worth more than a few months or a year (maybe) of your extra 5k. Before you take my advice, listen to others too. Wish you the best.

Kufre U.

5 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by allanphash7(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Use ur tongue to count ur teeth

3 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by INTERMAN: 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
K means kobo na not thousands. Abi you guys have forgotten kobo ni.
I poo on introvert 's head.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by INTROVERT(f): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by sexaddict08(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
those are not criteria... the criteria is PROSPECTS. I made the mistake last year n I'm still paying for it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by uzo200(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Oga no accept any one, these niggers can sack you any time, just hustle on your entrepreneurial skills, if you have none, come let me show you the way...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by thefakestan: 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
70k just remember to take a book along with u, every morning, cos u'll be sleeping on ur way to work.
But a challenging environment is always good for your growth rather than staying in a place with little growth.

ThefakeStan

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Go start your new job already!

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by boolet: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Depends on prospects either jobs hold. From what you wrote abt either, the new one is better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by lovinhubby2wife(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Abeg go with the 50k and save yourself from avoidable stress

6 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
That of 70k go get more future and prospect. Thank me later

Free Forex Signal
www.aheadmarket.com

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by adorablepepple(f): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
undecided you can do both now as per hardworking guy. Let's know the name of the organisation you are leaving so that someone else will take your place oo.
#jobfinders alerts

10 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Exponental(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
consider 2 things: personal developments and stress attached.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by toluine56(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
One advice.
Job security first before money.
Goodluck
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by LordBaelish: 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2015

Life's chess mate, not checkers.
Money won't buy you connections and a career like an item in shoprite. Besides by the law of conduction, it's better to roll with those you intend to be or at least aim to be around their circles.

Now your watch begins....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by rozayx5(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
shocked

take he offer on the island and get exposed to big connections

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
I'll advice you take the 70k job. Accept the new challenge. I'm a living witness

2 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by ehispapa(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
Prospect my friend...Prospect. think of the Job that have prospect. Dont you have a dream where you want to be in the next 5 years? Think first of job satisfaction and the intrinsic environment. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Go for the island job but you may end up moving from job to another but it is better sha new environment, new challenge, new opportunity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

They Finally Almost Had My Shadow. Pls Learn From This. / How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity / N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.