Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! (1960 Views)

Frozen Snails For Sale. / Nigerian Customs Destroy N11.5m Worth Of Frozen Products In Edo (photos) / Pictures.snailmeat Cleaned With Lime In Qty. (peppered And Frozen) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! by uzygirl(f): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/24/asia/china-smuggled-meat/
http://www.financetwitter.com/2015/06/china-latest-food-scandal-rotting-forty-year-old-meat-for-dinner-tables.html

Rotting, frozen meat was from the 1970's

China seizes smuggled frozen meat in month-long crackdown
Some batches said to date back to the 1970s

Some 800 tonnes of smuggled frozen meat have been seized by Chinese authorities, including one batch dating from the 1970s, state media reported.

The meat was bound for restaurants, retailers and supermarkets in Hunan province, where it was found, and other Chinese provinces and major cities, according to a report from Xinhua, China's state news agency, on Tuesday.

The meat, which included poultry and beef, was confiscated on June 1 and was worth 10 million yuan ($1.6 million), the English-language China Daily said.

Decades-old meat

Some packages were rotten and others were around 40 years old -- packed and stamped at the height of China's Cultural Revolution.e China Daily report quoted unnamed experts as saying that, as long as frozen meat shows no signs of thawing, customers can't tell fresh meat from meat that is decades old.

"The products fully filled an entire compartment. It was really smelly, and I nearly threw up when I opened the door," the China Daily quoted Zhang Tao, a local official, as saying.

Re: China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! by uzygirl(f): 7:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Abeg, from which country are we importing that N660billion chicken? I wan know oh shocked
Re: China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! by felixzo1(m): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is a serious one
Re: China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! by digitalnaira: 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
How is this posible?
Re: China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
... and when our government makes a move to ban chicken importation, you and I complain about it. Who knows how long those Chicken, Titus and Cote fish we buy per kilo have spent in ice? Some of them are probably older than the eaters. . . lol. Imagine eating fish and chicken that's older than you. . . I think i'll just stick to goat meat for now. . . this is nauseating.

2 Likes

Re: China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! by uzygirl(f): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
digitalnaira:
How is this posible?

That's what I will like to know too, how did they miss it all these years. God help us

nairalandist:
... Some of them are probably older than the eaters. . . lol. Imagine eating fish and chicken that's older than you. . . I think i'll just stick to goat meat for now. . . .

Goat and live chicken supported all d way, nah only more money. Imported tins dey cheap wella grin
Re: China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! by benosky(m): 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Another reason y i wont stop buying a live chicken home to slaughter it myself.

1 Like

Re: China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! by pretydiva(f): 7:02am On Jun 29, 2015
Gosh..dis is so barbaric. Buh sm people r heartless I swear.
Re: China Siezes "For Sale" Frozen Meat Dated 40 Years Ago!! Pictures!!! by Houseofglam7(f): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2015
shocked

Hmmmmm.... Really nauseating

(1) (Reply)

Abacha Recipe Must See(photo) / 20 Foods That Cause Bloating / How To Make Homemade Pasta (step By Step)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.