Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) (42341 Views)

AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / AY's '30 Days In Atlanta' Recognized By Guinness World Records 2017 / Ay 30 Days In Atlanta Wins 4 Awards At Golden Movie Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by babiskinado(m): 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
You're just a hater. Bleh

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by femi4: 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
bukatyne:

Hubby and I looked at ourselves like ok, what next when it was done cheesy

I can relate
Change your dp, we are fasting.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by busket(m): 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
Your keke no get fuel.. undecided.. It seems U jst watchd the movie.. This Ur opinion is so late..
the movie was dope but all what this guy said were all true.
ay was wack and d roles he played and the story lines were poor.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
vizkiz:

he is working on the part2
he had better not!!!! angry I'm yet to get over the boredom of the first one...jeeeezzz

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by skyps(m): 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
Honestly, i was disappointed after watching the movie

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by dozymars(m): 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
The real movie was the Hyping. We all paid for the hyping and not the story.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by femi4: 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.
JJC! By their post, you shall know them
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Kazrem(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Truly the movie is over hyped. A girlfriend updated her bbm when she watched the movie and it was like the movie is the best in the millennium. When a friend told me he had watched it and i asked of his opinion he too hyped it. Though I got the story line of the movie - some things that Nigerians do which is not suppose to be - but to me the movie is over hyped. The title and perception of the movie didn't portray comedy.
However, I like the comedies in it, especially when he was in the plane and that scene where Ramson Noah mother prayed for them.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by vizkiz: 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
booqee:
he had better not!!!! angry I'm yet to get over the boredom of the first one...jeeeezzz

wicked! grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by anselm791(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
naijaboiy:
Film has long come and gone.

And he has made his money undecided

True, but you can only pull that poo once. I hope he made a lot of money to last him the whole of his acting career, cause as far as I'm concerned he's done.

6 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ajf(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Crap movie with crappy jokes! And impossible scenarios that some people with low IQ find interesting...

8 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by fejikudz(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
i haven't even watch the movie
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by endowednicky(f): 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
I hated that part where he said"I cover my yanch with the blood of Jesus" ,it didn't just rhyme @ all.......

4 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by othenok(f): 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
You are so right. I and hubby were so disappointed when we went to watch it. We actually left before it ended.

It's unfortunate that we don't have Movie reviewers in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ElFenomeno1: 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nonsense movie.
I am sure it made a loss.....
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Besto(m): 2:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
asin ehn

not even only the movie alone.. my neighbors being delta boiz... after dem watch the movie finish.. any of dia comic talks days after... they will just be shouting Warrr! Warri!! Warri!!!.

Like so 1enta my huz wan come dey shout warri.. i jokingly told him to stfu jor... wetin a. y over hyped movie dey cause....
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by portaableg(f): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
Stupid,uninteresting, waste of personalities and over-hyped of 30 days of want to do everything in a movie.

4 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by emmykk(m): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

Didn't jst watch it. Av watched it a dozen times, jst decided to open a thread on it now
you watch it dozen times.if it did not meet ur taste or qualification of what you wrote why did you watch it dozen times..

On the joke aspect in the film where he was employed....the film was not about AY jokes or focus on joke otherwise the time aloted to that session would have been longer to him to crack ur ribs,rather the general theme of the film si all joke.

Mercy johnson killing me at 30days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by skedy1(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
That movie is annoying! The most annoying actor is AY! Didn't even borther to watch it in full,just had a glance and left it for them! Got pisssed up instantly.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by STEVENcrack(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

Didn't jst watch it. Av watched it a dozen times, jst decided to open a thread on it now
The movie is over hyped and u av watched it a dozen times...hmmmm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Karlebolu(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
If the movie + the hype is better than Half of a yellow son + the hype then I rate it 9.0/10.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ManiCypher(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
EXACTLY..I DIDNT QUITE SEE D HYYPE IN THAT MOVIE....ITS SO FREAKING WACK

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ksbusari(m): 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Seriously.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by shikshark: 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
well na torrent downloader suffer the consequence.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Besto(m): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
endowednicky:
I hated that part where he said"I cover my yanch with the blood of Jesus" ,it didn't just rhyme @ all.......

asin ehnn.. when my elder brother laffed uncontrollable at that part... i just mute in anger.. if to say na my younger brother... i for sound him head..

6 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by rightthing276: 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Very dry and over hyped movie....I'm still drinking water to regain the moisture I lost to the dryness of the movie...

ThankGod for Alaba boys way help me reduce the amount way I for waste for Cinema

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ixora3(f): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Badbelle people.com.sha everyone is entitiled to their own opinion

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Kentrasso(f): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

CC: lalasticlala, tosyne2much and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

Who cares? I haven't laughed so hard at a Nigerian comedy like I did when I watched it. The movie was genuinely funny and thats what everybody shares

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Goodnuel: 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

Go get a copy of it, watch it n give ur assessment
Is it free??
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by STEVENcrack(m): 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
endowednicky:
Only a gay would understand that area..sorrie o.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kingthreat(m): 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
babiskinado:
You're just a hater. Bleh

People like you have never watched a good movie. Mediocre movies like 30 days in atlanta is not just it.

6 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ifeoluwasegun(m): 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Anyway, anyhow, whichever way, he don make his money. Its a movie of course...

And wait ooo, neither do I know what OP means ooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Korean Season Film Gist / BBNaija: Hard Ike After Humping Mercy / BBNaija: Food Vendor (Ewa Agoyin Seller) Seeks Votes To Support Whitemoney (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.