Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) (42334 Views)

AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / AY's '30 Days In Atlanta' Recognized By Guinness World Records 2017 / Ay 30 Days In Atlanta Wins 4 Awards At Golden Movie Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by BenBradley(m): 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
Totally agree with u OP! I've never been so ashamed of AY ...Ramsey Noah contributed in making it crap too...
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by OBALORLA(m): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
Afonja of 'october1' is finnier than AY and NOAH put together.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by OBALORLA(m): 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
Afonja of 'october1' is funnier than AY and NOAH put together.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by mop4: 12:12am On Jun 27, 2015
OP totally right...... espcially were e was calling Obama name was so uncalled for..... annoying movie
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by meccuno: 4:43am On Jun 27, 2015
eyeview:
My wife and I watched the movie just once but our disappointment lasted for almost a week. We were waiting for the high point of the movie till it ended. We were really wondering what the hype was all about.
I turned to some of my friends to ask about the movie, just wanted to be sure that it wasn't me who had lost my sense of humour and they all opened up on how flat and 'over hyped' the movie was.
Infact someone suggested that those who paid the initial exhorbitant fees at the cinema should have started a riot there and then for a refund or atleast some change.
I just feel the AY guy just gave the movie the needed hype and by the time you realize it,it would be too late cos you would have parted with cash.
lolz....u are even funnier than Ay.....AY isn't that funny....the reason why I like him is that he never gives up,hardworking and has good packaging......no comedian in Nigeria has the kind of marketing strategy the guy has.....that's why I like him...

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by StObaino1(m): 4:54am On Jun 27, 2015
Most disappointing movie I have ever watched considering what I passed through to get it and my high expectations.. I slept off severally... the dude has made his money anyway.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by clans(f): 5:20am On Jun 27, 2015
Thought I was the only one who thought it wasn't funny. I couldn't even watch the video to the end. It was such a bore
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by queebeediva(f): 6:02am On Jun 27, 2015
A lot of thing went totally wrong with that movie in fact so many unessary scen again to me I didn't even laugh to tell you the movie whack but again he made a lot of money so? Abeg I prefer my edges of paradise.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 27, 2015
Omotayor123:

True.. But I like the praying scene sha grin
Can't even remember it
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 27, 2015
queebeediva:
A lot of thing went totally wrong with that movie in fact so many unessary scen again to me I didn't even laugh to tell you the movie whack but again he made a lot of money so? Abeg I prefer my edges of paradise.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by LILYCHERISH(f): 7:09am On Jun 27, 2015
Every tin u guys said are ok but i also tink dat the pigin english does nt suite Ramsey's mouth, he was too serious 4 dat kind of english. AY Featured d stars he likes, nt d ones dat suite d role but i tink he shud hv featured d stars gud 4 d role nt d ones he like. I tink RMD is d man of d movie, his part suite his character.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by LILYCHERISH(f): 7:11am On Jun 27, 2015
Every tin u guys said are ok but i also tink dat the pigin english does nt suite Ramsey's mouth, he was too serious 4 dat kind of english. AY Featured d stars he likes, nt d ones dat suite d role but i tink he shud hv featured d stars gud 4 d role nt d ones he like. I tink RMD is d man of d movie, his part suite his character.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2015
I don't really buy Nigeria movies, but I got interested in ay's film and October first after they raked in awards last year. Oct 1st was a high class movie but 30days is just there. Storyline isn't bad but I expected a suspense filled movie like Oct 1.

I paid so much to buy the movies. I would have waited for normal fees if I knew it was a normal movie. Please, how is half of a yellow sun cos that's my next and I don't want to pay much and get crap.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 8:37am On Jun 27, 2015
Freemanan:

Can't even remember it
You mean you can't remember the scene where Akpors A.Y.'s mum was praying for them

"Holy ghost fire strangle them
grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 27, 2015
Omotayor123:

You mean you can't remember the scene where Akpors A.Y.'s mum was praying for them

"Holy ghost fire strangle them
grin
Okay okay.... That mother tho... ROTFL

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by justi4jesu(f): 9:23am On Jun 27, 2015
Teeboy15:

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

CC: lalasticlal.a, tosyne2muc.h and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

I been wan call you bad belle but.hmmm........You still be bad belle sha cos i enjoyed the movie but it was partially over-hyped cos i expected more than what i watched grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2015
The movie was hyped so also is this thread
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by pakatifeanyi(m): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2015
The movie is nonsense, I didn't find it funny at all,I am beginning to wonder y it won an award
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kodlins(f): 10:34am On Jun 27, 2015
I HATE that Movie
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by gody4god: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2015
That's true.. AY wasn't fit for that movie. Bovi would have done better... It was a good movie but not AY's
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by XtraSmooth404: 11:28am On Jun 27, 2015
Just like Akpororo said during presidential gala night, if you didn't find the movie funny, then your problems must be bigger than his effort. There are some loopholes though, especially the Lekki garden scene where he was screaming 'Warri! Warri!...' Guys in Warri don't act that way. Abeg the guy tried, I even like the artists he used.

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kinglekan: 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
Omotayor123:
The dancing scene was not just it for me too.
As in ehnn!!
I just tire for AY. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kinglekan: 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
Just like Akpororo said during presidential gala night, if you didn't find the movie funny, then your problems must be bigger than his effort. There are some loopholes though, especially the Lekki garden scene where he was screaming 'Warri! Warri!...' Guys in Warri don't act that way. Abeg the guy tried, I even like the artists he used.

No one is saying he didn't try bro. It was overhyped. A couple of Kunle Afolayan's movies like Phone swap, October 31st would take it to the cleaners any day, anytime.

Ay shouldn't have played a major role in the movie.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
kinglekan:

As in ehnn!!

I just tire for AY. cheesy

Have you voted
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kinglekan: 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
booqee:
Abeg eye dey pain me!!!! angry angry angry

Do I look like an optician?
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by efit(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
this is the best Suo has ever done
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kinglekan: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
Omotayor123:
Have you voted
For Buhari?
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
kinglekan:
Do I look like an optician?
ur font and the colour is hurting someone's eye

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kinglekan: 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
booqee:
ur font and the colour is hurting someone's eye

Go wear your glasses. angry
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by xtervaganza(m): 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teeboy15:

Didn't jst watch it. Av watched it a dozen times, jst decided to open a thread on it now
for an overrated movie you had to watch it a dozen times

makes sense
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by sunnyt1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

CC: lalasticlala, tosyne2much and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

Exactly the same opinion ( and more) i had when i watched it. The 1st thing i said when i finished watching it was, thank God i didnt buy it.

The issue is, criticism is not welcomed in this part of the world. The majority of our society are so stereotyped in such a way that they see proffesors, superstars and anyone that appears on the podium as an alpha human who can never be wrong.

I have said it over and over again, AY is not a comedian. Is he really funny?

Yea, i commend his intelligence in assembling natural comedian

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Korean Season Film Gist / BBNaija: Hard Ike After Humping Mercy / BBNaija: Food Vendor (Ewa Agoyin Seller) Seeks Votes To Support Whitemoney (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.