Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Nigerians Interested In Research And Development - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerians Interested In Research And Development (520 Views)

Learn Web Design And Development 100% Live Practical,with The Help Of IT Guru's / You Want To Build A Career In Web Design And Development? / E.on, ABB And Ericsson Collaborate On Sustainability Research And Innovation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Interested In Research And Development by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
I think it is time we Nigerians start looking into Research and Development.
Nigeria as a country is runs a natural-resource-driven economy and this have affected Nigerian graduates that made every tom d1ck and harry wants to work in an oil company forgetting that these oil companies wouldn't be in existence without technology. As a matter of fact, these oil companies and other top manufacturing companies lure our smart brains with their mouth watering offers, teach them job specific activities like taking measurements, changing parts, maintenance, installation, troubleshooting and servicing; making you believe you are practicing engineering whereas this is what anyone can do if trained without even studying engineering in school.
Like we all know, these companies take the lion share of the revenue generated from our God given resources yet we all seem satisfied with no one coming for our rescue. In 50 years time (when they predicted the world reserve of crude oil will go extinct), they are still the ones to sell their alternative energy source to us.
They problem we have is the mentality that technology is for the whites and that's the reason our leaders won't want to invest in Scientific Research and Development because they all have same mentality. I have come to realize that what they whites can do, we can do better if we are determined.
Let's emancipate ourselves from mental slavery and save Nigeria and Africa.

An engineer is one who come up with ideas, makes design and execute tasks that solves existing problem(s).

Please i'l like to hear your advice and contribution.
If you are in, Post your field of interest let's build a network of researchers. If we come up with something good, i bet you, we won't seek for support.

For me i'm an Electrical/Electronics Engineer. I have started alone in a self-sponsored research in field of electronics and IT but i feel two heads are better than one. I don't mind getting as much people as are interested in research in same field.

P.S: This thread is not limited to Engineers alone.
Re: Nigerians Interested In Research And Development by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
See this my other thread on the worlds top technology driven nations.
https://www.nairaland.com/2405825/worlds-top-10-technology-driven#35157927
Mind you, people living in these countries don't have two heads neither is their brain mad of semiconductor chips. grin
Re: Nigerians Interested In Research And Development by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 26, 2015
Hmmmm . . .
*narrows eyes.
Re: Nigerians Interested In Research And Development by kcid(m): 6:48am On Jun 27, 2015
So true, I wish our government will show in interest in areas of biochemical research and it likes

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Interested In Research And Development by ciskenn(m): 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
wonderful thread from a great mind. The future belongs to us when we can think out of the box and come up with innovations that will last the test of time. Am planning on a testing laboratory. A graduate of chemistry with polymer science

(1) (Reply)

How To Delete Picasa Photos On Android Phones / Which One / Nigerians Plagued By Mobile Malware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.