Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians (17528 Views)

"Meet With Nnamdi Kanu" - Obasanjo Tells Buhari / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan / Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by SPEEKER: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2015
A former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has called on Nigerians to celebrate themselves at all times.

He said this on Thursday in Abeokuta at a ceremony organised in honour of His Lordship, Josiah Odowu-Fearon, on his appointment as the Secretary-General of the World Anglican Communion.

Obasanjo said Nigerians should not wait for outsiders to celebrate them, adding that Nigerians have always been celebrated from people outside the country.

He said, “We should celebrate ourselves all the time. Nigerians have always been celebrated by outsiders. We should try to honour ourselves like what we are doing here today.”

Fearon, who said his relationship with the former President dated back to the 70s, also urged Nigerians to shun anything that could endanger the unity of the nation.

While he described Obasanjo as a true national leader, Fearon called on Nigerians to shun religious violence and emulate the former President who though a Christian, built a mosque at his presidential library complex, in Abeokuta.

Also calling on Nigerians irrespective of religion to embrace one another, he stressed that “we serve only one God with different approaches.”

He urged the Yoruba in the South-West to teach their northern counterparts how people of all faith should live in harmony.

He, however, advised Nigerian youths to emulate Obasanjo by cultivating the culture of reading, who he noted, would soon complete his Ph.D programme.

The dignitaries at the event include Ogun State Deputy Governor, Mrs. Yetunde Onanuga, Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Senator Tunde Ogbeha and a presidential aspirant of All Progressives Congress, Sam Nda-Isaiah.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lets-celebrate-ourselves-obasanjo-tells-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Freciprocal: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2015
Baba! The Elder statesman. grin

*modified*

The guy below me is an aggrieved PDP sympathiser... Kindly encourage him with likes so as to soothe his pains
cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by SPEEKER: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2015
WHEN I HEAR this mans name it boils my blood, THIS MAN RUINED NIGERIA.. HE spoilt PDP.. AND NOW MOVED Over to APC..
All what we are facing today is cos of this obj.. see dollar 223 naira now..see d economy .. everyone was busy shouting change thinking Buhari is the saint.. now for over a month this nations economy is damn stranded.. all wat we hear is buhari is in daura to check his cattles, buhari is in germany,taking pix up n down.. NOTHING TANGIBLE.. the economy is fvcked..

MODIFIED

dey just did all dis to sabotage GEJs names , thats why fuel scarcity came up suudenly,den after inauguration NNPC decided dt we wll strt producin fuel,Nepa light is nw a bit stable, and d credit is given to buhari.. you all shld wake up.. SOME OF U ALL ARE BLINDED BY MERE TRUTH.. TINUBUOIDS

77 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by CecyAdrian(f): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2015
True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 26, 2015
celebrate unpaid salary?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by dunkem21(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2015
Celebrate ourselves for what

..For insurgency, non payment of salaries, free for all abi armed robbery?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by olaric(m): 8:22am On Jun 26, 2015
SPEEKER:
WHEN I HEAR this mans name it boils my blood, THIS MAN RUINED NIGERIA.. HE spoilt PDP.. AND NOW MOVED Over to APC..
All what we are facing today is cos of this obj.. see dollar 223 naira now..see d economy .. everyone was busy shouting change thinking Buhari is the saint.. now for over a month this nations economy is damn stranded.. all wat we hear is buhari is in daura to check his cattles, buhari is in germany,taking pix up n down.. NOTHING TANGIBLE.. the economy is fvcked.. dey just did all dis to sabotage GEJs name

Who sabotaged GEJ if I may ask you? Are you saying that we should continue to support a government that's is not doing us any good because he is from the south? Buhari may not have achieved anything yet, but he has four years to prove himself, so let's just wait and see what his scorecard will be after that period. After all GEJ had 6 years to either succeed or fail, and he choose the later.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by nerodenero: 8:30am On Jun 26, 2015
I don't like being sentimental, I'd rather say all our leaders have failed us. I think the likes of OBJ, GEJ, IBB, PMB, ABDULSALAM, SHONEKAN etc would be happy to celebrate Nigeria because Nigeria as a nation has offered them more than they could ever need in life. I have been around for sometime now, what has the country offered me? Many would say what have I offered the nation too but they fail to understand that the masses can only offer their own quota if only we have institutions working to support the growth of the country. USA is a good example. Nigeria should offer us an enabling environment, we would reciprocate and celebrate her.
SPEEKER:
All what we are facing today is cos of this obj.. see dollar 223 naira now..see d economy .. everyone was busy shouting change thinking Buhari is the saint.. now for over a month this nations economy is damn stranded.. all wat we hear is buhari is in daura to check his cattles, buhari is in germany,taking pix up n down.. NOTHING TANGIBLE.. the economy is fvcked.. dey just did all dis to sabotage GEJs name

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by SaiBuharii: 8:32am On Jun 26, 2015
Baba for life!!!

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by MillionDollars: 8:33am On Jun 26, 2015
please don't mind me diqressinq from the thread, I've noticed tribalism is already in the blood of nairalanders to the extent that they even created a section for it. Its seriously not fair o, let's tryna stop it, and its not even so in real life. I'm seriously pained by this tribalism

7 Likes

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by buskie13(m): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2015
when i hear de name OBJ.. it just sounds like Tortoise…….he's de greatest con artist/politician Nigeria has ever produced..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Sarhamsyn(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2015
Nigerians no matter what let celebrate grin
Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by OgaMosco(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2015
Hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by tolexy007(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2015
b
Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Kufie(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2015
Coming from a fat ugly thief grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 26, 2015
Obj has never been a messiah rather he is the problem that rears its ugly head in Nigeria always

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by jimi4us: 8:34am On Jun 26, 2015
monster university alumni

1 Like

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 26, 2015
lol
Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by ammyluv2002(f): 8:35am On Jun 26, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 26, 2015
buskie13:
when i hear de name OBJ.. it just sounds like Tortoise…….he's de greatest con artist/politician Nigeria has ever produced..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by adioolayi(m): 8:35am On Jun 26, 2015
SPEEKER:

Dont kill yourself just yet...How much was a Dollar to Naira when GEJ became President... How much was it when he left

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by MrBasketball: 8:35am On Jun 26, 2015
Tanoids aren't ready to celebrate... Because they are still pained.

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by naijathings(m): 8:35am On Jun 26, 2015
baba has a reason to celebrate abi ?
Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Joy83(m): 8:35am On Jun 26, 2015
That's my man.... Ebora of yorubaland!
Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 26, 2015
WHAT angry

RESERVE IS THE CASE,

THIS TIME NA ANIMALS DEY CELEBRATE WHILE WE HUMAN (BLACK MAN) DEY KILL AND KIDNAPPED OUR SELF LIKE CHICKEN.

THERE IS NOTHING TO CELEBRATE,
Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Bobbystanley(m): 8:36am On Jun 26, 2015
Stupid man

What is there to celebrate wen u masterminded the problem this country is facing today for your own selfish interest.

There is absolutely nothing to celebrate @ baba Iyabo
Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by Indianguyrupees: 8:36am On Jun 26, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by horpe132(m): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2015
SPEEKER:

Good Morning Mr Orubebe........!!!

7 Likes

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by allanphash7(m): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2015
For those who des not know who he is.....

He is Ebora owu
baba iyabo inernational
the slayer of Jona......
The Living legend
The man with a Lion heart
The no nobsense man

.Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo

Our Role model

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by glundy: 8:37am On Jun 26, 2015
Nigerians, let's go back to the songs of one famous musician and a prophet we did not appreciate, then we will be able to appreciate all he was singing and doing. Buy and listen to FELA's Music.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2015
SPEEKER:

SHUT UP!!! angry angry angry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai Signs Agreement With Skipper Seil, Indian Company To Build 100MW Plant / Makarfi-led PDP National Convention Committee (FULL LIST) / Militants Blow Up NPDC/ND Western In Otu-Jeremi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.