Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

My Experiences With Pick-pockets - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experiences With Pick-pockets (24727 Views)

Experience With Pick Pockets In Owerri / Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) / Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Infomizer(m): 10:16am On Jun 26, 2015
Yes o! Na only me waka come!!!

It might sound unbelievable but it happened and I wouldn’t have written it (cause it sounded unbelievable) if not that it nearly happened again. Elsewhere!

Place: Ikorodu
Time: 20:00-21:00 Hrs ish

I had just alighted from the bus with other passengers who were busy spewing all forms of expletives at the bus driver and his conductor. Their crime? They had decided to discharge all passengers almost 1km to the bus stop and made a u-turn due to the notorious ‘rush-hour’ gridlock. Knowing that nothing I said (or did) would prevent them from repeating the same actions the next day, under the same circumstances, I just kept my cool and decided to use the strolling time to reply some pending pings on my phone. I had nothing to worry about after all - it was a busy place and I was partly aware of my surroundings since I still had to look up intermittently. I had in my possession, three phones (2 in the front left pocket of my jean pants and one in my hands) and my wallet (in the back right pocket of my jean pants).

Some seconds into my journey towards the Oga Roundabout, one guy walked past me (on my right side) and almost immediately slowed down and gave me this look indicative that I had just brushed him accidentally. I knew fully well that I didn’t brush him, and not wanting any tracasserie, I mindlessly apologized and continued chatting on my phone. He then engaged me in a chat that went somewhat like this:

Dude: “I think say you no go talk sorry, I for show you”.
Me: “No vex jare”.
Dude: “You be correct guy joor” (he extends his hand in an handshake gesture)
Me: (Giving him a girlish handshake - y’all know this type) “No lele

Note: none of us stopped walking, and he was slightly ahead of me, so he was quite close to me.

Dude: “If no be say you talk sorry ehn, I for punch you like this (he feigns a punch clearly not directed at me so I didn’t mind) or make I gbege you like this” (he then grips my jean pants by the waist on the left side and made as if to lift me).
Me: “Oga wetin dey worry you nao? Free me joor” (I pushed him away and wasn’t in anyway aggressive mainly because a highly concentrated waft of an alcoholic nature oozed from his mouth and nose [joking], and partly because I am not aggressive in nature).

Dude: “I just say make I tell you ni

I checked my back pocket for my wallet and thankfully it was still there, only for the guy to be like:

Dude: “Find something for your boy nao
Me: “Oga, nothing dey o! Next time abeg” (My default response to Lagos Beggars)
Dude: “No wahala bros” (He then extends his hand to give me another handshake which I took hurriedly and continued tapping away on my phone).
Dude: “Baba, which side you dey go?” (To be sincere, I was attributing this emergency paddy paddy to his inebriated state so I answered him)
Me: “I dey go that Agbowa-Imota side” (kinda false)
Dude: “Me I dey stay that side” (he points towards the direction I was headed from, though on the other side of the road). “If e just reach that side, ask of Taiwo” (I paused for a second to acknowledge his last statement with a nod and then I was likesmiley
Me: “No lele baba, nice meeting you

And for the umpteenth time, I faced my work phone and headed towards my destination. But I could notice from my peripheral vision that he was fixated on the phone I held in my hands (some bigass screen phone - bout 4.7” display). Then he was like:

Dude: “Bros, you suppose hide your phone for pocket o. The police for this Ikorodu dey para gan. Dem fit think say you be Yahoo boy o
Me: “Nothing dey happen joor, sebi na person wey be yahoo boy go dey fear

I was wearing a T-shirt, Jean pants and kicks and carrying a back pack containing my laptop so I don’t understand the “Yahoo boy” tag” but I still obliged and pocketed the phone (in the left pocket where the other 2 phones were), though mainly because I now wanted to really get out of this drunkard’s sight if he wouldn’t get out of mine.

Dude: “No talk so o! Dem go just come gbege you, drag you like this
(So he grabs me in the same ‘demonstrative’ manner he first did and this time around, I shoved him off a bit aggressively)
Me: “Guy, free me nao!! Wetin be all this one?

He releases his grip, stops in his tracks, and I go my way...but not without stealing one last look at him. Then I noticed that he tried to pull off his shirt, changes his mind, and wears it back. That was when I decided to check for my wallet again - and phones. I then discovered almost immediately that there were only 2 phones in my left pocket instead of 3, and upon closer scrutiny, it was the one I pocketed last that was missing. All this happened in less than 3 seconds! Immediately, I went back to him and was like:

Me: “Bros, I take God beg you, wey my phone?
Dude: (Raising his hands) “If e search me, e no see am, wetin make I do you?
Me: “Bros, I no want make we shout, I go find you something (I meant it), just give me back my phone

At this point, I was already frisking him, but to my surprise, the phone wasn’t on him. I swear down, that realization scared the bejesus out of me!

Dude: “I say If e search me, and e no dey, wetin make I do you?

Then a ‘Good Samaritan’ stopped by and asked:

G.S: “Wetin happen?

Sensing that there had to be an accomplice since the phone wasn’t on him, and this G.S had to be that accomplice, I immediately started frisking the G.S while my eyes were still fixated on my number 1 suspect.

Me: (While frisking the G.S) “This guy (referring to the first suspect with a head gesture) carry my phone and him dey deny
Dude: “Abi eleyi siere ni?” (Is this one mad), and he landed a punch on my face.

Note: Passers-by were still passing by and no one paid attention to our little 'ménage à trois'. Yet.

I first held my cheek bone where he hit, felt an excrescence immediately. The transition from 'drunk' to 'Mayweather' within 2 seconds got me going like WTF! I wanted to hit back but decided against it, but instead went for his collars - oppa women's-you-go-kill-me-today style, grabbed ‘em with all the strength I’ve got and shouted “Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!” at the top of my voice.

Since it was a busy place, some passers-by had stopped and had began to confront him while I held him. So I continued my verbal assault and was like: “He’s a thief! A pick pocket! He picked my pocket and stole my phone!!”.

Before I could say Jack Robinson, the G.S tapped me and was like: “No be your phone be this?”.

Y’all shoulda seen the wave of relief I felt when my phone touched my hand (My Precious!!!). I then released my grip completely and was explaining to one of the roadside sellers that the phone had surfaced o! Meanwhile, the baga was now sober and was apologizing to the elderly men that were tongue-lashing him. The G.S disappeared immediately and the roadside sellers were urging me to wait until the matter was completely resolved so the matter won’t escalate. For a second, I was considering doing just that. But in a matter of seconds, some thugs had arrived the scene and were shouting “Ki lon happen?” (What’s happening) and were attacking the small crowd that had formed with slaps and blows (apparently in a bid to disperse the forming crowd and get the pick pocket to fade out). I was even on the receiving end of one hot ‘sapa’ on my ‘ogo’ and upon receiving this, I left the scene shaperly, went into the nearby Addidae store, cooled off, and headed home - with my swollen face as a voucher to the invaluable lesson I just learnt, and my phone in my pocket.

Fast forward a few weeks later...Last Sunday to be precise

Place: CMS
Time: 17:30-18:00 Hrs ish

So I boarded a bus from Alausa to CMS and upon alighting at the last bus stop (close to Tantalizers), an impoverished-looking fella approached me and was begging for money. I ignored him and was walking towards Marina from Tantalizers and this guy was following me and was even specific in demand when he said: “Brother, please even if na 50 naira to buy Gala”. I didn’t even bat an eyelid (I detest Lagos Beggars!!!!!!) and continued in the direction I was headed. Just as the beggar was about to give up and probably look for a better prospect, I ‘ran into’ someone from behind and actually hit his leg with mine unknowingly while I was walking past him. I quickly apologized and was sincere in my demeanor when he said (yea you guessed right!!): “If to say you no talk sorry ehn, I for land you better punch”. Whilst he uttered this statement, he was actually trying to catch up with my brisk pace. I then remembered my Ikorodu episode and went Ben Johnson on him...

Then it dawned on me..there is a pattern! It’s a working modus operandi. They accuse you of brushing them, and whether you apologize or not, they try to confront you physically and empty your pocket.

In the second scenario, maybe if I had given the 'beggar' guy some money, the thief would have hinged on the fact that I just returned my wallet to my pocket, and as such, might be briefly distracted from there (after all, I had just put it back). I don't know what would've happened, but I'm glad I didn't wait to find out.

But before these recent encounters, earlier in the year, I boarded a Shuttle from Festac to Second Rainbow and when the shuttle discharged some passengers at Apple Junction, one weird looking plus-sized guy boarded and sat close to me. I was with a friend who sat close to the window and we were engrossed in our convo when this new passenger started sneezing at a rate of 20SPM (Sneezes per minute) or Once in 3 seconds. The distance between Apple Junction and Second Rainbow isn’t up to a minute on a good day and this guy sneezed all through. When we got to Second Rainbow, this guy paid, collected his balance and alighted, then a woman from the back seat wanted to alight so I allowed her (them shuttles only have two seat rows behind the driver). Immediately she stepped out, she bent and picked a phone from the floor (just by the front right tyre) and was like, “who get this phone?”. You can imagine how I felt when I realized that the phone that she held in her hands was mine. It was in my right pocket the last time I checked and I could only think of two explanations as to how it could’ve left my pocket.
1. The phone had a mind of its own and decided to leave my pocket in search of greener pastures...clandestinely.
2. The ‘sneezer’ distracted me with his sneezing bout and picked my pocket successfully, but he was unable to effectively hide it without drawing my attention so he was careless with it and it fell off while he tried to alight.

I might be wrong and completely paranoid, especially in the CMS scenario, but I think these pick-pockets have gone Nollywood on us all! They are street-trained psychologists/mentalists and have mastered the art of misdirection à la Apollo Robbins. You just need to have a default mindset that any stranger, that gets too close either knowingly or not, and whether s/he is acting un/necessarily friendly or not is a pick-pocket. That's how to be safe from their subtle overriding of your brain's mechanism of alert.

All these happened this year and after the third NTE case (I call it the Near-Theft-Experience), I began to think about appeasing the god of pick-pockets. I must’ve done something wrong at one point in my life and the Adjustment Bureau grin had selected 2015 as my year. I’ve survived all three attempts made at my pockets so far and I feel I owe my duty to everybody out there that commutes the streets of Lagos (or any metropolis). Learn from my gullibility o (I know ALL that I did wrong by in retrospect)! Bois are not smiling!!!

People, why not share your experiences be it NTE or not? Let's learn o!

188 Likes 24 Shares

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by lilee2hot(f): 10:16am On Jun 26, 2015
Grabs Pop corn to read this epistle...

@OP, bia you need cleansing ooo!!! Bring all your phones along for Sacrifice grin.

Shine your eyes is my watch word whenever I am in Lagos especially. I even act deaf and dumb and if possible lame too angry angryangry . Thanks for sharing, this is a must read for all and indeed an eye opener.

BTW I AM FTC: IRANU ABASHA... you so wish you were me tongue tongue tongue

CC Seun, Lalasticlala frontpage please.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by KOLZY(m): 10:30am On Jun 26, 2015
i din read it oh. all i saw was so many blah

2 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Abugab(m): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2015
Only you, from ikorodu to CMS to apple junction...you be Mongo Park for Lagos wey dey on expedition?
I dey even suspect you self.
Alertness is the word here in Lagos.
Don't get distracted no matter what and that's the only way to go.
Seems these urchins have started rearing their ugly heads again, where are the RRS police guys?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Infomizer(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2015
Abugab:
Only you, from ikorodu to CMS to apple junction...you be Mongo Park for Lagos wey dey on expedition?
I dey even suspect you self.

Baba cool down nao...all these happened within 6 months...Isn't it possible for the average commuter to cover these axes (and more) within such time frame?

*Edit*
For those that didn't get the Apollo Robbins reference, here's the link.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by obongtunji: 11:11am On Jun 26, 2015
Even though your epistle is long, I like it because it is a lesson for public so that we can be aware of how they operate, thanks for sharing.

12 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Abugab(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2015
Infomizer:

Baba cool down nao...all these happened within 6 months...Isn't it possible for the average commuter to cover these axes (and more) within such time frame?

Was just joking.
Typical Lagos boy hustle, we cover the length and breath of the town to make ends.

5 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Infomizer(m): 11:24am On Jun 26, 2015
Abugab:

Was just joking.
Typical Lagos boy hustle, we cover the length and breath of the town to make ends.

Gba!

4 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by blake777(m): 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
Infomizer:
Yes o! Na only me waka come!!!

It might sound unbelievable but it happened and I wouldn’t have written it (cause it sounded unbelievable) if not that it nearly happened again. Elsewhere!

Place: Ikorodu
Time: 20:00-21:00 Hrs ish

I had just alighted from the bus with other passengers who were busy spewing all forms of expletives at the bus driver and his conductor. Their crime? They had decided to discharge all passengers almost 1km to the bus stop and made a u-turn due to the notorious ‘rush-hour’ gridlock. Knowing that nothing I said (or did) would prevent them from repeating the same actions the next day, under the same circumstances, I just kept my cool and decided to use the strolling time to reply some pending pings on my phone. I had nothing to worry about after all - it was a busy place and I was partly aware of my surroundings since I still had to look up intermittently. I had in my possession, three phones (2 in the front left pocket of my jean pants and one in my hands) and my wallet (in the back right pocket of my jean pants).

Some seconds into my journey towards the Oga Roundabout, one guy walked past me (on my right side) and almost immediately slowed down and gave me this look indicative that I had just brushed him accidentally. I knew fully well that I didn’t brush him, and not wanting any tracasserie, I mindlessly apologized and continued chatting on my phone. He then engaged me in a chat that went somewhat like this:

Dude: “I think say you no go talk sorry, I for show you”.
Me: “No vex jare”.
Dude: “You be correct guy joor” (he extends his hand in an handshake gesture)
Me: (Giving him a girlish handshake - y’all know this type) “No lele

Note: none of us stopped walking, and he was slightly ahead of me, so he was quite close to me.

Dude: “If no be say you talk sorry ehn, I for punch you like this (he feigns a punch clearly not directed at me so I didn’t mind) or make I gbege you like this” (he then grips my jean pants by the waist on the left side and made as if to lift me).
Me: “Oga wetin dey worry you nao? Free me joor” (I pushed him away and wasn’t in anyway aggressive mainly because a highly concentrated waft of an alcoholic nature oozed from his mouth and nose [joking], and partly because I am not aggressive in nature).

Dude: “I just say make I tell you ni

I checked my back pocket for my wallet and thankfully it was still there, only for the guy to be like:

Dude: “Find something for your boy nao
Me: “Oga, nothing dey o! Next time abeg” (My default response to Lagos Beggars)
Dude: “No wahala bros” (He then extends his hand to give me another handshake which I took hurriedly and continued tapping away on my phone).
Dude: “Baba, which side you dey go?” (To be sincere, I was attributing this emergency paddy paddy to his inebriated state so I answered him)
Me: “I dey go that Agbowa-Imota side” (kinda false)
Dude: “Me I dey stay that side” (he points towards the direction I was headed from, though on the other side of the road). “If e just reach that side, ask of Taiwo” (I paused for a second to acknowledge his last statement with a nod and then I was likesmiley
Me: “No lele baba, nice meeting you

And for the umpteenth time, I faced my work phone and headed towards my destination. But I could notice from my peripheral vision that he was fixated on the phone I held in my hands (some bigass screen phone - bout 4.7” display). Then he was like:

Dude: “Bros, you suppose hide your phone for pocket o. The police for this Ikorodu dey para gan. Dem fit think say you be Yahoo boy o
Me: “Nothing dey happen joor, sebi na person wey be yahoo boy go dey fear

I was wearing a T-shirt, Jean pants and kicks and carrying a back pack containing my laptop so I don’t understand the “Yahoo boy” tag” but I still obliged and pocketed the phone (in the left pocket where the other 2 phones were), though mainly because I now wanted to really get out of this drunkard’s sight if he wouldn’t get out of mine.

Dude: “No talk so o! Dem go just come gbege you, drag you like this
(So he grabs me in the same ‘demonstrative’ manner he first did and this time around, I shoved him off a bit aggressively)
Me: “Guy, free me nao!! Wetin be all this one?

He releases his grip, stops in his tracks, and I go my way...but not without stealing one last look at him. Then I noticed that he tried to pull off his shirt, changes his mind, and wears it back. That was when I decided to check for my wallet again - and phones. I then discovered almost immediately that there were only 2 phones in my left pocket instead of 3, and upon closer scrutiny, it was the one I pocketed last that was missing. All this happened in less than 3 seconds! Immediately, I went back to him and was like:

Me: “Bros, I take God beg you, wey my phone?
Dude: (Raising his hands) “If e search me, e no see am, wetin make I do you?
Me: “Bros, I no want make we shout, I go find you something (I meant it), just give me back my phone

At this point, I was already frisking him, but to my surprise, the phone wasn’t on him. I swear down, that realization scared the bejesus out of me!

Dude: “I say If e search me, and e no dey, wetin make I do you?

Then a ‘Good Samaritan’ stopped by and asked:

G.S: “Wetin happen?

Sensing that there had to be an accomplice since the phone wasn’t on him, and this G.S had to be that accomplice, I immediately started frisking the G.S while my eyes were still fixated on my number 1 suspect.

Me: (While frisking the G.S) “This guy (referring to the first suspect with a head gesture) carry my phone and him dey deny
Dude: “Abi eleyi siere ni?” (Is this one mad), and he landed a punch on my face.

Note: Passers-by were still passing by and no one paid attention to our little 'ménage à trois'. Yet.

I first held my cheek bone where he hit, felt an excrescence immediately. The transition from 'drunk' to 'Mayweather' within 2 seconds got me going like WTF! I wanted to hit back but decided against it, but instead went for his collars - oppa women's-you-go-kill-me-today style, grabbed ‘em with all the strength I’ve got and shouted “Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!” at the top of my voice.

Since it was a busy place, some passers-by had stopped and had began to confront him while I held him. So I continued my verbal assault and was like: “He’s a thief! A pick pocket! He picked my pocket and stole my phone!!”.

Before I could say Jack Robinson, the G.S tapped me and was like: “No be your phone be this?”.

Y’all shoulda seen the wave of relief I felt when my phone touched my hand (My Precious!!!). I then released my grip completely and was explaining to one of the roadside sellers that the phone had surfaced o! Meanwhile, the baga was now sober and was apologizing to the elderly men that were tongue-lashing him. The G.S disappeared immediately and the roadside sellers were urging me to wait until the matter was completely resolved so the matter won’t escalate. For a second, I was considering doing just that. But in a matter of seconds, some thugs had arrived the scene and were shouting “Ki lon happen?” (What’s happening) and were attacking the small crowd that had formed with slaps and blows (apparently in a bid to disperse the forming crowd and get the pick pocket to fade out). I was even on the receiving end of one hot ‘sapa’ on my ‘ogo’ and upon receiving this, I left the scene shaperly, went into the nearby Addidae store, cooled off, and headed home - with my swollen face as a voucher to the invaluable lesson I just learnt, and my phone in my pocket.

Fast forward a few weeks later...Last Sunday to be precise

Place: CMS
Time: 17:30-18:00 Hrs ish

So I boarded a bus from Alausa to CMS and upon alighting at the last bus stop (close to Tantalizers), an impoverished-looking fella approached me and was begging for money. I ignored him and was walking towards Marina from Tantalizers and this guy was following me and was even specific in demand when he said: “Brother, please even if na 50 naira to buy Gala”. I didn’t even bat an eyelid (I detest Lagos Beggars!!!!!!) and continued in the direction I was headed. Just as the beggar was about to give up and probably look for a better prospect, I ‘ran into’ someone from behind and actually hit his leg with mine unknowingly while I was walking past him. I quickly apologized and was sincere in my demeanor when he said (yea you guessed right!!): “If to say you no talk sorry ehn, I for land you better punch”. Whilst he uttered this statement, he was actually trying to catch up with my brisk pace. I then remembered my Ikorodu episode and went Ben Johnson on him...

Then it dawned on me..there is a pattern! It’s a working modus operandi. They accuse you of brushing them, and whether you apologize or not, they try to confront you physically and empty your pocket.

In the second scenario, maybe if I had given the 'beggar' guy some money, the thief would have hinged on the fact that I just returned my wallet to my pocket, and as such, might be briefly distracted from there (after all, I had just put it back). I don't know what would've happened, but I'm glad I didn't wait to find out.

But before these recent encounters, earlier in the year, I boarded a Shuttle from Festac to Second Rainbow and when the shuttle discharged some passengers at Apple Junction, one weird looking plus-sized guy boarded and sat close to me. I was with a friend who sat close to the window and we were engrossed in our convo when this new passenger started sneezing at a rate of 20SPM (Sneezes per minute) or Once in 3 seconds. The distance between Apple Junction and Second Rainbow isn’t up to a minute on a good day and this guy sneezed all through. When we got to Second Rainbow, this guy paid, collected his balance and alighted, then a woman from the back seat wanted to alight so I allowed her (them shuttles only have two seat rows behind the driver). Immediately she stepped out, she bent and picked a phone from the floor (just by the front right tyre) and was like, “who get this phone?”. You can imagine how I felt when I realized that the phone that she held in her hands was mine. It was in my right pocket the last time I checked and I could only think of two explanations as to how it could’ve left my pocket.
1. The phone had a mind of its own and decided to leave my pocket in search of greener pastures...clandestinely.
2. The ‘sneezer’ distracted me with his sneezing bout and picked my pocket successfully, but he was unable to effectively hide it without drawing my attention so he was careless with it and it fell off while he tried to alight.

I might be wrong and completely paranoid, especially in the CMS scenario, but I think these pick-pockets have gone Nollywood on us all! They are street-trained psychologists/mentalists and have mastered the art of misdirection à la Apollo Robbins. You just need to have a default mindset that any stranger, that gets too close either knowingly or not, and whether s/he is acting un/necessarily friendly or not is a pick-pocket. That's how to be safe from their subtle overriding of your brain's mechanism of alert.

All these happened this year and after the third NTE case (I call it the Near-Theft-Experience), I began to think about appeasing the god of pick-pockets. I must’ve done something wrong at one point in my life and the Adjustment Bureau grin had selected 2015 as my year. I’ve survived all three attempts made at my pockets so far and I feel I owe my duty to everybody out there that commutes the streets of Lagos (or any metropolis). Learn from my gullibility o (I know ALL that I did wrong by in retrospect)! Bois are not smiling!!!

People, why not share your experiences be it NTE or not? Let's learn o!
Fact or fiction who knows? But one thing is certain ur a good writer bruv keep it up!

32 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Infomizer(m): 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
blake777:

Fact or fiction who knows? But one thing is certain ur a good writer bruv keep it up!

It is definitely fact! I wish I could prove it. It is. Thanks for the compliment man! wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by stainlex(m): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
Indeed an eye-opener!
I was once attacked by about 4 guys around 7 pm back in 2004-2005 on the last day of that year's trade fair in Lagos. Their own method was to accuse you of being a pick-pocket, and in the process of ransacking and abusing you, empty your pockets! What annoyed me that day was the fact that there were many people at the bus stop and they were all watching the assault. Some serious Bystander Effect stuffs. Methods plenty gan o! Lmsao @ 20SPM! OP, your own dey your body! Lol..

MODs should do the needful biko. NLers need to know.

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Afam4eva
Ikenna351
OAM4J

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by ayusco85(m): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
U won't believe what happened wen I entered an international flight with 6 fat yoruba women. The pilot had to beg them

42 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by bunmioguns(m): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Though I no read am but I will still say

Op, well done. .. . Kudos to you

cool

1 Like

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by tellwisdom: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Poor boi jumping buses sad...I trust myself....U blow one, u collect double wey go put you to stiff mood. BUTTY FACE, RUGGED HEART cool

1 Like

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by khalebzy(m): 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Shey yours was pick pockets?

Mine was a group of guys, they just stormed on me like i stole something, started beating me up then later robbed me of my stuffs.Thank God i made away with my Tablet and My life.Horrible experience

I pray for such guys,
even when you become born again, Evil shall not depart from you and your household angry
Amen!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by khalebzy(m): 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
tellwisdom:
Poor boi jumping buses sad
undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by freshness2020: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
Chai..
Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by asumo12: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hmmmm

OP becareful oooo!

I won't say u dey lie cause am a laspotian naxo tinx dey go for ikorodu garage ooo!

E get one day wey dem try amu with my guy omo we show dem say na we be igboro niooo! Dem roduce the wallet but 1k was missing within 15 minutes sha!

Ikorodu ooooo

Oshodi ooooooo

Cms oooooo

Mile 2 ooooo

Ojota ooooo

Dem yaa for there like

Lagmosquit niooo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by saasala(m): 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Lasgidi grin
Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
grin

You thank God say them no pick you put for pocket.

3 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by folabayo1(f): 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Me I never experience am before and in jesus name I no go experience am!

Dos ppl wicked gan

2 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by plainmirror(m): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
ayusco85:
U won't believe what happened wen I entered an international flight with 6 fat yoruba women. The pilot had to beg them

This is not jokes section !

2 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by ShakurM(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
Op, welcome 2 Lasgidi grin
Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Whizpeter(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
I've never experienced Pick-pockets before... Even if they jam me sef, they would be forced to deposit into my pocket out of pity..

2 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Minet16(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
[b]lol Nice write up OP. Sometime last year, I left Festac for Mushin, so i was gonna go through second rainbow. I boarded a shutle from Agboju to second rainbow. Seated beside me In the bus was this innocent, gentleman thief putting on a tie and displaying his "GOOD NEWS BIBLE". I was with over 30k in my right pocket, maybe that was what tempted the christian beside me. When we got to first Avenue, this guy started disturbing me, rubbinng my laps, asking me if i speak in tounges, and if i believe in the baptism of the holy ghost. I got carried away, I forgot i was going for Business, and that i was with cash. Still busy listening, The right side of my pocket became itchy, but the bus was to tight, i couldn't scratch, When we got past Apple Junction, I could no longer bear but to scratch, the holy ghost sermon was still on. The moment my hands touched my pocket, the pastor's hand was in there, but not fully, he stylishly removed his hands, my cash was still safe. My EYES kon Open. We dropped at second rainbow, the guy asked me where i was going

Pastor: So my Brother, the holy ghost is good for you. By the way, where are you headed
Me: I'm going to Mushin. (after all, he can't come with me)
but to my dismay
pastor:ah praise God, i'm going that way, lets board a bus together.
Me: *looked to my right, saw NNPC filling station. ah i feel pressed, i have to use the toilet in that station.
pastor:I'll wait for you then.
Me:*PROVOKES* come if you don't leave me alone now, i'll shout thief, ah ah what is it, you think i didn't know your plans in the bus ba.
pastor:*Face change* tries to explain

na so i hiss commot.

#@MINET16[/b]

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by Humblebloke(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Cool storyundecided
Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by laurel03(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dat is what dey call Eko wenjele...
Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by afuye(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Next time you don't talk to strangers

4 Likes

Re: My Experiences With Pick-pockets by oruzuruzu1ofnija(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
K

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Ex-convicts Re-arrested For Robbery In Lagos (photos) / NDLEA Arrests South African With Meth Consignments / Afeez Adebara, Others Jailed In The US For $2.5 Million Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.