Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental (2247 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Not Too Active On Twitter? / Why Are Nigerians Terrified Of Gay Marriages In America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by missKiffy(f): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
It baffles me sometimes why some Nigerians are so judgemental, if for instance you see a topic about a lady or child being raped or someone who lost his or her life in one tragic incident or the other, but instead of some Nigerians condemning the act of the culprit, they will choose to throw blames around or judge the victims, some even go as far as blaming or judging the dead. Let me use rape as an example, if a post about rape is posted here, hardly will you not see a comment blaming or judging the victim, some won't even bother condemning the act at all, and this is mostly done by guys, who also have mothers, sisters, nieces, cousins, if any of them gets raped will you start blaming them, then why blaming the other person, only because she's a stranger. I think this is one attitude we need to put an end to as Nigerians. Let us show support to victims of rape, armed robbery, kidnapping etc instead of throwing blames around or even judging the victims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by demmy0325(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by pickabeau1: 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
You need to travel out more

This is not a trait unique to any nationality or ethnic group

It is a human trait

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Kimoni: 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
grin grin grin

Pickabeau the "nationalist" tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by pickabeau1: 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
grin grin
Kimoni:
grin grin grin

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Kimoni: 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
pickabeau1:
grin grin

You should have been born in the days of Awolowo, Azikiwe, Balewa and co. Those were true nationalists They would defend this country with their blood.

But these days, na stomach infrastructure sure pass or to carry chair dey fight for senate lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by pickabeau1: 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
Kimoni:

You should have been born in the days of Awolowo, Azikiwe, Balewa and co. Those were true nationalists They would defend this country with their blood.

But these days, na stomach infrastructure sure pass or to carry chair dey fight for senate lipsrsealed

well, nationalists............hmmm...... they were also great ethnic leaders who got the principle of federation right
You cant build a federation without strong federating units/regions

Don't forget Sardauna

All of them these days are only interested in their tummy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Lumpyy(f): 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
pickabeau1:
You need to travel out more

This is not a trait unique to any nationality or ethnic group

It is a human trait
i was just going to say that ma'am,Whats with naija this.....naija men/women that?If Oyinbo people aint judgemental why is BULLYING all over the place?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by pickabeau1: 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
Lumpyy:

i was just going to say that ,Whats with naija this.....naija men/women that?If Oyinbo people aint judgemental why is BULLYING all over the place?

I tire oo

Naija men cheat.. is cheating a Nigerian word
Naija women are materialistic... is materialism a naija word.. meawhile u never jam ZA chicks... grin grin

So much beef for naija by naijans undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Kimoni: 3:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

well, nationalists............hmmm...... they were also great ethnic leaders who got the principle of federation right
You cant build a federation without strong federating units/regions

Don't forget Sardauna

All of them these days are only interested in their tummy

Stomach infrastructure cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by pickabeau1: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Kimoni:

Stomach infrastructure cheesy

Na so grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by raumdeuter: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
Aside the fact that every human regardless of their country does the same, There is also a possibility that the victim due to wrong decisions put himself in the position to get hurt

E.g An accident happened, There is a possibility the driver was drunk, speeding or reckless and maybe the passengers didnt caution him

Its only rational and wise to look at both sides

If there are thieves in your area some of your responsibility is also to take the needed caution
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by damiso(f): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
Kimoni:
grin grin grin

Him and bellong grin grin grin grin

I am sure Bellong, has not seen this the OP for hear am.

But make we no lie sha, Nigerians are 'quick to judge' ducks pickabeau and bellong's missiles grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Yustash001(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
All in all....our leaders are to blamed...
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by missKiffy(f): 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Yustash001:
All in all....our leaders are to blamed...
How, why do we seem to blame our leaders for everything
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Yustash001(m): 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
missKiffy:

How, why do we seem to blame our leaders for everything
if everything had been put in order....Crime rate would have reduced....
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Miami11: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
Because Nigerians are hypocrites period!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by bamidele029: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
Miami11:

Possibly the biggest hypocrites in the world undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Lumpyy(f): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

I tire oo

Naija men cheat.. is cheating a Nigerian word
Naija women are materialistic... is materialism a naija word.. meawhile u never jam ZA chicks... grin grin

So much beef for naija by naijans undecided
I tell u,if they are not satisfied with thier root they should switch abeg undecided,its hard to read what we write about ourselves abeg!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by sexymoma(f): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
bamidele029:

Possibly the biggest hypocrites in the world undecided
Are you with us or you re against us angry....People like you i've never stepped out of your street so u don't really know much about human nature... Go to other Countries and see how they do... The op was talking bout been judgemental and you re here doing same thing... Shio

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by missKiffy(f): 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
Miami11:
Thank you jare
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by pickabeau1: 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Lumpyy:

I tell u,if they are not satisfied with thier root they should switch abeg undecided,its hard to read what we write about ourselves abeg!

na so... undecided

the major issue is enlightenment which will take time
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by bukatyne(f): 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
@OP:

Our society is very hypocritical.

How would people know you are 'good' if you do not 'judge' others?

Never mind you do same thing in your closet.

You not referring to you grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Kimoni: 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
damiso:

But make we no lie sha, Nigerians are 'quick to judge' ducks pickabeau and bellong's missiles grin

grin grin grin

They are brothers nau.

To see their red eyes is not difficult at all grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by raumdeuter: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
How many countries have you sampled to know Nigerians are the most bla bla bla in the world

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by An0nimus: 8:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
raumdeuter:
How many countries have you sampled to know Nigerians are the most bla bla bla in the world

NL is the sample space representing the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by pickabeau1: 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
An0nimus:

NL is the sample space representing the whole world.

Hahhahahhaha

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Karleb(m): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by bellong: 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
damiso:

The OP is a young lady. At least she knows how to use "some", " most" rather than sweeping generalisation.

However, as it has been said, condemnation and being judgemental is not country specific. You and Kimoni can testify to it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by kpolli(m): 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
missKiffy:
It baffles me sometimes why some Nigerians are so judgemental, if for instance you see a topic about a lady or child being raped or someone who lost his or her life in one tragic incident or the other, but instead of some Nigerians condemning the act of the culprit, they will choose to throw blames around or judge the victims, some even go as far as blaming or judging the dead. Let me use rape as an example, if a post about rape is posted here, hardly will you not see a comment blaming or judging the victim, some won't even bother condemning the act at all, and this is mostly done by guys, who also have mothers, sisters, nieces, cousins, if any of them gets raped will you start blaming them, then why blaming the other person, only because she's a stranger. I think this is one attitude we need to put an end to as Nigerians. Let us show support to victims of rape, armed robbery, kidnapping etc instead of throwing blames around or even judging the victims.

Because we are Nigerians duh!!! tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 27, 2015
damiso:

We are not. We are just quick to say it out not hide it. Other nationalities will show it in their actions,policies,laws,laws and discrimination . Britons judgement can be oh so subtle its like a silent bomb

(1) (Reply)

These Motivational Quotes Will Increase your Daily Work Productivity by 20% / Tiwa Savage Finally Succumbs To Ankara Before Date With Hubby / The Safest Part Of Uyo To Settle With A Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.