Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? (4055 Views)

Want To Import Your Car From Cotonou: Try Hassrash-from A Satisfied Customer / I Just Bought This Car From Cityhood / Am Based In Germany, Order Your Dream Car From Germany (reasonable Price) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by jkpretty(f): 2:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hello guys

I just ordered a car from jiji And i was told to pay a certain amount before they can deliver the car, so as to see my commitment towards it. Now if it were another country i would have sent it with out thinks, but in naija * sighs*

Just want to know if any one has bought a car this way and had to pay a little amount like 50k before delivery.

We r told on the site not to pay before delivery because of scammers, at the same time Im thinking some people can be honest.

Im to pay this money like right away in this persons acc. Pls if u have had any ugly experience, same me from throwing money away. Thanks
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by pamodulus: 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
Please don't pay. Unless you have a direct meeting with the person and sure of delivery. Find other sources to buy from.

2 Likes

Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
send somebody to them .Dont try it .scammmmm.

5 Likes

Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by Tallesty1(m): 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
Don't pay.......

2 Likes

Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by USAutoBuy(m): 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
Sounds like a scam. Dont fall for it

2 Likes

Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by USAutoBuy(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
pls post the website link here

2 Likes

Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by CORDROSS: 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
They are scammers ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Look very well my dear, request to meet with the owner on an open location and ask that the vehicle be brought for inspection again... a word is enough for the wise..
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by Gboliwe: 2:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
jkpretty:
Hello guys
I just ordered a car from jiji And i was told to pay a certain amount before they can deliver the car, so as to see my commitment towards it. Now if it were another country i would have sent it with out thinks, but in naija * sighs*
Just want to know if any one has bought a car this way and had to pay a little amount like 50k before delivery.
We r told on the site not to pay before delivery because of scammers, at the same time Im thinking some people can be honest.
Im to pay this money like right away in this persons acc. Pls if u have had any ugly experience, same me from throwing money away. Thanks

This is scam as it comes. The moment you make that deposit, you have fed the scammers and encouraged them to continue. Please don't do it. If you have no need for the 50k, I can send you my account number, it will go a long way in making me happy.

If you want to play this game, ask them for their exact location and tell them you found someone to come pick it up. Or that they should drive it down to somewhere very close to them that you just discovered you have somebody around them. All na format. Be wise.

5 Likes

Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
If you pay into their account then,OYO.
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by onatisi(m): 2:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
Op,pay the money first and let's see what happens grin

2 Likes

Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by gazmann(m): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Please haven't you seen any of the ride you want in ur neighbourhood. ABI you want auto thrills and frills . Their is this trend of making buying car sensational meet a dealer nearby pay for his car it pays oo
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by jkpretty(f): 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thanks all, i really appreciate ur replies. I have stopped the transfer, i posted him till monday . lol. I must be silly sef to order a car and pay without my hubby's knowledge.

Thanks again. I'll search around.
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by Stancity(m): 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
We have many dealers with trust and guarantee on NL here... The jiji stuff, the person you are discussing with may be at the burder, Once you pay the 50k, he go carry your money fly... Even the oversees u mentioned, someone needs to check it out and test drive it for you or else na OYO for you....

My advice is BE WISE!!!
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
your money is about to be 'jijied' cool
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by caesaraba(m): 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thank God you stopped the transfer. Na free clubbing money you for just provide some con-men. Dude has probably updated "TGIF" on his TL while waiting for the money to land.
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by poca4real(m): 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Scamm
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by phemi01(m): 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
All car adverts on jiji.com are scams. if you look closely, you'll see two different adverts for thesame car showing different prices and location. they make use of badagry and apapa most times. one idiot man i tested told me to p 15k to gain access into the port to inspect a car.
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by sammhi(m): 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
don't ever pay for any delivery ..if not you will be scammed. better to physically inspect it and go with a trusted friend . many of them are online....they will tell you is in Abuja, port or badagry or it is custom ..all these are scams , the moment you pay you wont be able to contact them or they will tell you stories like car impounded or car break down , we are on the way etc
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by familierl: 2:52am On Jun 27, 2015
Contact me to pre order your car today.
Re: Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? by abulude: 10:15am On Oct 19, 2016
There is one Olawale that operates a crime syndicate with cells in Ijebu-Ode, Lagos, Daura, Kankara and Katsina. His mobile numbers are 08104457552, 08063171655 and 07036701844. He is a highly skilled fraudster. Members of public should beware!

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot 308 CC 2012 Model Convertible / Nissan Almera 2012 Manual Drive(bought Brandnew)... 1.3m / 4RUNNER 05 Used Sale@1.650m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.