Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? (3507 Views)

69-year-old Herbalist Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife / Photo: Can This Kind Of Relationship Exist Again In This World? / Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by jammin(m): 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2006
i watch the happenings in movies all the times and i am begining to wonder if it can really happen.
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by obua: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2006
Juju, Obeah, vodoo are all manipulations by demons ie fallen angels. They actually exist.
A few Europeans will give them all sorts of names to make them look scientific, but they are not. They are spirutual things that can take any form at all. they can take the form of dead people or animals etc.
They are evil. Run away from them.
They come to steal, kill and destroy.
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by jammin(m): 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2006
@obua
sensible people will say that this is mere superstition. i mean there is no way that anyone can prove that an evil happening/juju occur. another arguement to dispel is that notion,,,, how is it that the people that participate in these rituals are usually poor? why cant they use their powers to get wealthy?
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by Oracle(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2006
It does exist even in this our present JET AGE, The fact that you've not seen or had an experience of something doesn't mean itz not there

As long as there is Good, there definitely will exist evil
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by jammin(m): 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2006
@oracle. u did'nt address the issue of using their powers to get wealthy.
secondly, how can one recognise this occurence when it is in progress?
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by Oracle(m): 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2006
That may be one of their laws.
Besides, Prophet Elijah and other people that God used were not rich either.
Some of these thing are distractions, so God may not really give them so that they can serve him better.

Secondly, regarding recognition of the presence: Whether you recognise it or not, it is there.
Most people don't believe in such things but know that they exist.
If you believe in it, it will work for you.
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by jammin(m): 12:20am On Sep 22, 2006
therefore if you dont believe it cannot harm as well
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by jaybaby(f): 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2006
It's not abt believing - it does EXIST all u have 2 do is not LOOK 4 TROUBLE
Do not tempt GOD!
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by jammin(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2006
@jaybaby what do you mean by" not look for trouble". an example. lets say that you and i have cultural difference, and i did something to upset you, would'nt it be best to let me know that i've upset you, rather than seek revenge?
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by jaybaby(f): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2006
I'm not even talking abt that -what i'm saying is that- Do not go 2 their place of worship
let us make an exp of a VILLAGE settin! u no this ppple tie sm RED cloth in their faRm jus becuz u dnt BELIEVE in it-u walk in2 it it will surly CATCH u! dat was y i said u shldt FIND TROUBLE! wink
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2006
it does not work,no matter what anyone says its satanic.and don't forget when the devil gives with the left hand,he gets back with the right hand.no evil thing lasts forever.light would always triumph.no good ever comes out of any evil dealings,so those that keep decieving themselves and going to these evil herbalists are just selling their souls to the devil. sad
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by Mystique(f): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2006
It works for those who believe in it i guess undecided
Re: Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? by phoenixman: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2007
This thing about Obeah is just a whole lot of mumbo jumbo.

(1) (Reply)

My Hubby Impregnated My Daughter, Family Wants Me To Keep Quiet - Must Read / My Daughter Is Becoming Wayward; Please Advice Me.. / If You Are The Father Of This Girl, Will You Give Her The Money? - PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.