Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! (39614 Views)

My Son Won't Let Me Get Any Action / She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Bollinger(m): 3:57am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:
So I got married recently, and my in laws are quite religious. Last week I got a new job after waiting for so long for it... T

he problem now is, my in-laws claim they prayed about it, and I shouldn't take d job. It's at an NGO, with a beautiful package and future for me.

I also have till 2nd of July to give my answer to the regional office.

I need mature advices on how to handle this matter pls!!!

I think you've been very vague. What kind of job is it exactly? what do you tasks and responsibilities involve? I had a friend whose wife got a job in the "hospitality industry" with a "nice package". Sounds good doesn't it? Not knowing she got a job as a bad tender. 6 months later they were in the final stages of a divorce.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Cutemichelle(f): 4:01am On Jun 27, 2015
angry No offense OP but he sounds like a " Tell-Mommy-kinda-guy coz I don't think u told ur in laws straight away the moment u got d job offer and I wonder how dey got to know. My advise, ask ur pastor (at least am sure if he says you shud take d job, they'd believe since its coming from a "man of God"wink, take the job and let ur hubby know that he doesn't have to tell his family everything that hapns in ur home..I mean, is he married to "family"??!!!!
Sorry if I sound harsh but these are things we choose to ignore while dating.. My cousin's hubby is like DAT..worst of all, he's lost his parents so he tell's EVERYTHING to my mum even b4 wifey knws...so my mum has to call and talk to her abt it.. So freaking annoying, I begin to wonder if she never saw these immature signs in him b4 rushing into the marriage... but I guess she ignored........

But if that's not ur Hubby's case then just explain to him and "family" y u'd like to take the job... they might understand..... *winks*

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by emmanok24(m): 4:17am On Jun 27, 2015
OP, kneel down let me pray for you... #Amen

Thus saith the Lord, make sure you contact the Regional Office before July 3, 2015.

I rest my case! angry

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by idu1(m): 4:26am On Jun 27, 2015
Na ur dp i dey look I no get time for any in-law.... undecided
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:
So I got married recently, and my in laws are quite religious. Last week I got a new job after waiting for so long for it... T

he problem now is, my in-laws claim they prayed about it, and I shouldn't take d job. It's at an NGO, with a beautiful package and future for me.

When Africans say they are religious, it is another way of saying they are dumb and cannot think.

So the only logical thing someone can come up with is that I prayed to God and Go told me not to take the job? How dumb can some Nigerians be?

Please analyse the situation critically. Is it a step in the right direction for you? Will it earn income and take you to where you want to go career wise? Will it seriously affect a balance in your family? Does your husband support you? If you are both cool with it, your 'religious' in-laws can shove their religion up their........

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by eromspete(m): 5:08am On Jun 27, 2015
This one honestly does not require too much thinking. Take the job. Tell your in-laws to pray again and tell you what the next job will be since they know how to see job offers

The prayers of your in-laws are good, no doubt but, you have to do what is best for you.

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by taiwoliu(m): 5:52am On Jun 27, 2015
taiwolusol:
they prayed about IT and God told them that you shouldn't take the Job.

Like OMG.

Let me tell you what happened to my Cousin early this year.
He was processing his admission to a Ukraine University through someone that knew someone there.
He did what many naive people do these days, he consulted pastors (three Men of God) and they told him it was all good. Apparently God told the pastors everything.... lol

The "someone" that was helping him with the admission requested for $$$ and he gladly went to the bank grin Ode Boi
Need I say? He was duped over #1m.

And the last time I checked, my God doesn't lie.
Apparently, Pastors do. Cos most times, they tell you exactly what you hope to hear.

Your inlaws can't possibly support you getting a Job few months into your marriage. Its very simple.

If you like, secure a Job with Shell or Chevron, or even with God himself. They will still pray about it and cook up bullish*t

Use you head and stand your ground.
Tell them you had a Vision and God Clearly told you he changed his mind. cheesy
u b very good bad boi..... I'm not a fan of this pray pray pray tin but I Blv if u need divine guidance, sit ur arss down nd pray on ur own.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by bummyla(m): 5:52am On Jun 27, 2015
Are You Not A Child Of God! pray concerning it and hear what the Lord is saying about the job, do not let another person determine your future for you! talk to God yourself! Hear from Him Yourself! Pleaseeeee!

http://www.bummyla.com

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by xtervaganza(m): 5:54am On Jun 27, 2015
If the job does not make you star in p0rn movies why do they even need to pray about it? naija people and oyinbo man religion, even oyinbo wey sell us this religion dummy no carry am for head like this

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by sexaddict08(m): 5:56am On Jun 27, 2015
nnamdiokere45:
beg dem for wat
that's respect (African culture).... don't underrate some of them ooo, they have been there b4 us.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by tonychristopher: 6:01am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

This is when they swear say u no go see better ... This is what your in laws are doing

But wait....u dey craze?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Kirinwa: 6:12am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

He's torn in between...

Torn in between in a simple matter like this? How mature is he? Can he comfortably take care of you or open a good business for you? Does the job entail travelling or staying away from him?

Most times people use God to put forward their own personal opinions. In-laws wahala.

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Sunbellar: 6:13am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

He's torn in between...
Is he a kid husband?

4 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Ahmedie25(m): 6:13am On Jun 27, 2015
Nobody is care 2 know d nature of d job,
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by sen8or(m): 6:17am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

if u must not take the job, then they should get u an alternative. Ur husband has a big role to play here
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Sunbellar: 6:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Mznaett:
People dey say "ladies fine" but 4dz pix wey dey 4 op profile i go say d babe "tight"die even if no b she o cool
Are you a Lez?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by steffans(m): 6:29am On Jun 27, 2015
After reading ur tread https://www.nairaland.com/1937121/baby-husband

Babe, u are in for a long thing... Ur husband is a mamma and a daddy's boy.. Ur case is serious they will control ur life bcuz every situation in ur marriage d parents will know about it.

My dear pick d job... In as much as ur marriage is new... U need to take a stand... But don't do it in a rude manner oo...

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by steffans(m): 6:45am On Jun 27, 2015
This is one of ur comments in ur other tread... Babe, u had dis thing coming..

This makes me understand more that all marriages are different.. And I ask my self.. Why do ladies still go ahead to marry if dey see red flags??
Is it bcuz all ur mates are getting married or what?

Ladies... Pls take a good look at ur fiancee b4 marriage or else.. Don't come and be disturbing us on NL and discouraging dos about to get married.

"U haven't seen exaggeration! A "man" calls his
mother for assistance on tins he can have his fiance do,
the mother knows when he has a headache before his
fiance,so Wat is d duty of a fiance? Have time for d folks
u say...do u know there's every possibility that he asks
his mother to move in with us after wedding, at dat point I
should say Wat? all I'm saying is dat it is immature of a
man to be dat clingy. Not a man in his 30's for heaven
sake!"

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by xakakes: 6:46am On Jun 27, 2015
I have also said it times without number,any husband that refuses to be a man and takes decisive decisions on behalf of his family than relying on friends and family is still a play toy boy.I run my home the way I wants it to be run and not how my family decides.So hubby be a man to your wife and help her out

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 27, 2015
@OP, Your inlaws shouldn't decide for you,and maybe the benefits attached to your job could be their problem because some inlaws don't believe in a wife earning more than their hubby.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by goshen26: 7:00am On Jun 27, 2015
What does ur husband say to this matter? A man should protect his wife, no matter wat, in a way that it does not spoil his relationship with his family too

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by MartialArt2(m): 7:00am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

He's torn in between...
WHY?

Check my signature
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by 6fit(f): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

ask google for advice.....can do dot by googling d full details of d company. U don't need any inlaw prayer
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Centurion13(m): 7:03am On Jun 27, 2015
No one is looking at this from a different angle!
What if is her husband that is using his patent to tell the young lady not to take the job.

You need to have a deep one on one with your husband and ask him if he sees any reason why you shouldn't take the job. Ask if he has any concern.

Your husband own the ace here , up to the extent that you need to know his opinion on the job regardless of what his parents saw or are saying.

Convince him on why you should take it and both of you should be in agreement , then go for the job.

NB: Dont take the job until you have convince the only person that matters in your life for now (Your Husband) and pray to God to lead you.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by darlenese(f): 7:09am On Jun 27, 2015
Bad sign
Your husband has sold u out, when more issues prop up he won't be able to protect u sad its a pity that some men don't know their roles I'm the family .
Who give husband family mouth to make decsion , msheeeeeeew
One day they will say they have prayed about u and that you are the winshy winshy in the family.
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by izzieman: 7:21am On Jun 27, 2015
Some in-laws do not like their daughter in-laws to get a job that would empower her. It is your life, empower yourself. You got a job in a country where that is like a camel through a needle's eye and you are going to let someone talk you out of it because of a prayer they had?

Where were they when you were looking for a job? How come their prayer never provided you a job before now? If God forbid, your husband falls ill, is unable to work, and supposing you already have children, are you ready to just sit at home with your in-laws providing for you? There are many things wrong with what they are asking you to do. Think seriously and tell them kindly that you prayed and decided to take the job and they should pray for you too.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by cherriex(f): 7:24am On Jun 27, 2015
Abeg if u don't want to work,pls what's the name of the NGO again

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

if that is you in that pix , pls dont take the job I got a better one for you ,,,, grin grin, na joke
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by gbagyiza: 7:31am On Jun 27, 2015
From my understanding of d word of God,our God does nt creat confusion around a scene.if truely it is God dat revealed 2 them abt u nt 2 take d job, dsame God will or could hv giving u a conviction withing ur self dat u shuld nt take it.my advice is that u shuld rub minds 2gether with ur husband,discuss n pray for God intervention before d given date.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 27, 2015
My dear u are one flesh with ur hubby... and not ur in-laws. His decision takes priority

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State?
Do you relish the desire to own your own
business with little start up capital and promising
returns in investment?
Do you hope to look into the mirror each
morning and know you are talking to the boss?
Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be?
Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the
box?
Then call or add me up on whatsapp
You will be glad you did
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by DavidEsq(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2015
Gosh I really hate it when ppl use religion to defraud odas . just do ur tin dear and when they com asking for cheese, tel em u prayed about it and the man upstairs havnt replied.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by don13011: 7:48am On Jun 27, 2015
Pay your tithe, ooooo
10% is even small for God, have u heard about cooperate tithing?

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram / Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.