Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:44 AM

Feedback For Chibi Brawl Head Coverings Offensive? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Feedback For Chibi Brawl Head Coverings Offensive? (917 Views)

Tiles - Google Play - We Want Feedback From You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Feedback For Chibi Brawl Head Coverings Offensive? by BraincakeLLC: 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hello, my name is Adam Snowflake. I'm an American game developer. I am working on a game that we plan to market world wide. But I was wondering...if anyone sees an issue with certain things we plan to do with the game? Or if its certain things are a silly idea. We plan on being inclusive, and I have a question about this.

In the game, we have character customization, where you can literally make yourself as a character. But I was wondering if theirs anything I should keep from adding in the game, in case it would offend anyone, or cause cultural insensitivity. For example I was wondering if certain head covering would be offense or seen as insensitive to put in a game, I don't want to offend anyone but I want people to feel comfortable playing the game as themselves. And to be comfortable having a character who looks like them.

But because games are still not taken seriously as an art form, I'm afraid it might come off as offensive. I'm afraid if I were to include the Kofia for example or head coverings of similar importance/cultural meaning, it would be taken the wrong way. I was wondering if it would be seen as inappropriate because games are still very much to be seen as children's entertainment where I'm from...I was wondering if its the same over here?

Lastly I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this thread. That was the exact opposite of my intention. I'm not even trying to advertise I'm just trying to figure something out. Below I have attached some art for the game in question titled Chibi Brawl. If your curious about it you can read more about it at. who knows it might help you answer my question.
www.chibibrawl.

Thank you. I'm not trying to advertise or anything but I'm trying to understand what is and isn't appropriate given I've searched this up and found nothing about this particular issue.

If you need to contact me through email for any reason you can contact me through my site.

(1) (Reply)

Gta San Andreas And Vice City / Who Has Pc Games In Abuja / Fifa 19 Champions League Official Trailer!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.