Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus (64103 Views)

These Guys Maybe Occupants Of Your Car Too! / Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) / Container Falls On A Toyota Hiace Bus Along Ilasa-Oshodi Expressway (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by Orikinla(m): 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
[size=28pt]HOW PASSENGERS CAN STOP CARELESS AND RECKLESS DRIVERS ON THE ROAD.

If drivers are blind to reason, the passengers should not be blind too.
Once I am in a car or bus and the driver is careless and reckless, I caution him and if he refuses to listen and reason, I politely tell him that I want to urinate and that will make him to stop and interrupt his madness and I often to do near where there are Federal Road Safety Commission patrol officers or police officers and I report the driver to them. [/size]
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by ipreach: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
rip
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by millionaireman: 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
ijustdey:

the truck drivers needs to undergo physiatrist evaluation to determine their state of mind.....

this accident can be avoided if everyone kept to their lanes and not jump lanes and drive against traffic

Nigeria's FRSC hardly checks drivers for driving under the influence of alcohol. FRSC mostly look out for excessive speed, then the bad eggs go to extort money from road users.

Many Nigerian truck and bus drivers drive under the influence of alcohol and kill innocent people anyhow.

A truck or hus driver in the developed world cannot contemplate to drive under the influence of alcohol, unless he no longer cares to be banned from driving.

If the FRSC cannot improve in the job of policing Nigeria's roads against preventable accidents, let the organization be dissolved, and let road policing fully be returned to the Nigerian Police for a change.
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by Dammyrosky(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
R.I.P to the dead.
I pray we shall not die but live to declare the work of God in our lifes in jesus name.(amen)
let's cultivate the act of giving thanks to God, for it is not by our power or might we are alive this moment. It is by his grace upon us.
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by domopps(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
RIP to the dead!

Cheeeeers
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by chachanga: 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
MznAirA:
Wow!!! I still thank God for my life o! My bus was just some meters away from the scene today. Although my bus didn't stop but till I got to lagos I shivered and I'm still shivering now. The whole occupants of the bus died! Body parts were littered everywhere, the bus was crushed and flattened by the trailer. I saw a pretty young lady lying by the roadside lifeless. It was a very terrible scene. I screamed when I saw it. May God save us from untimely death esp in our prime. cry cry

babygirl, a million thanks to God for sparing your life o

and RIP to all those other poor OOUites...what a shame!

Truckers! Truckers!! Truckers!!! When will they stop being illiterate b@st@rds causing havoc everywhere on Naija roads?
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by Intendy: 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
dre11:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/26/container-falls-kills-all-occupants-of-bus/

Photo: Wreckage from the incident on Sagamu/Benin expressway this afternoon.

And the sad part is nothing happened to the driver of the container.
I've always and will continue to advocate
1) to chain your container to your truck.
2)fine them @least 1-2million naira with no option when they break simple traffic rule
But FRSC will prefer to take #5000 bribe.
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE IT WILL END NOW.
R.I.P to them all
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
vichks:
Who told you their souls are lost If you can't understand what you speak why not speak the one you understand
OK ..thanks for the correction (modify this)

Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by Orikinla(m): 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
millionaireman:

Nigeria's FRSC hardly checks drivers for driving under the influence of alcohol. FRSC mostly look out for excessive speed, then the bad eggs go to extort money from road users.

Many Nigerian truck and bus drivers drive under the influence of alcohol and kill innocent people anyhow.

A truck or hus driver in the developed world cannot contemplate to drive under the influence of alcohol, unless he no longer cares to be banned from driving.

If the FRSC cannot improve in the job of policing Nigeria's roads against preventable accidents, let the organization be dissolved, and let road policing fully be returned to the Nigerian Police for a change.

Motor parks are full of men and women selling alcoholic drinks and hemp for drivers to get intoxicated and the best way to prevent road acccidents by these careless irresponsible drivers is to check them at their motor parks and stop anyone smelling of alcoholic drink and hemp and also check their tyres and stop any vehicle with bad tyres from leaving the motor parks and depots of the trucks.
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by ghidefemi(m): 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
Too bad
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by pasol4real(m): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
Lord hav mercy .....This cud hav bin any body
May their souls Rest in Peace.
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by Baroba(m): 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
oboman:
Why I'm angry with majority of Nigerians is that we will offer prayers ( thank God for my life... Etc) and move on without any appropriate actions to stop the unfortunate event ever happening again.
I'm not a pessimist but prayers won't rectify mistakes we commit due to negligence. I'm sure there will be no investigation to determine the cause, no arrest, nothing! We will just shout Rip to the dead and move on!

This method of running society is insane!

Until the next tragedy, then we repeat the cycle again... We have this, " accident will never be my portion mentality in Jesus name" as if those affected are not just as religious as us..

The sad thing is the government does f..kall, I have never seen a country like Nigeria whereby the lives of its citizens dosen't matter. Pathetic
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by daslad(f): 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wreckage of the bus. So heart-breaking. May God forgive the sins of the departed. Amen!

Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by sogoisrael(m): 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
I passed that road to shagam like 2 minutes before this occurrence, I saw it on my way back, gosh I saw that Damn trailer, I can't thank God enough, a sinful me for that matter, thank u lord for not switching me off just yet.!
MznAirA:
Wow!!! I still thank God for my life o! My bus was just some meters away from the scene today. Although my bus didn't stop but till I got to lagos I shivered and I'm still shivering now. The whole occupants of the bus died! Body parts were littered everywhere, the bus was crushed and flattened by the trailer. I saw a pretty young lady lying by the roadside lifeless. It was a very terrible scene. I screamed when I saw it. May God save us from untimely death esp in our prime. cry cry
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by mrkings84(m): 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
MznAirA:
Thanks to God for ur life..... God alone is our refuge

Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by goodgate: 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
dre11:
Lalasticlala .... Let's inform anyone whose brothers/sister did travel did ply the road

RIP to the dead
2 of my female friends Omotola Ayilara and Eniola Joseph were supposed to come to lagos today, but i have not seen or heard from them. I pray GOD keeps them safe.
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by prothelley(f): 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
Readonee35L:
Rip to the dead....
I won't really blame that truck driver but the bus driver because that truck can't just fall on a Smooth road but on a bad road, the drivers want to get to their destination in seconds over taking trucks anyhow even when u know the road is bad and the truck can fall at anytime thy drag with it on bad roads

What are you saying? The truck driver drove against traffic, if he hadn't done that, there won't be any accident......call a spade a spade. Even in the US, there are still bad spots on road.
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by darlingboi: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
I witness d incident live d bus over take my bus not less than 10 mins , it wz terrable can't stop crying chia RIP
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by UncleDeeee(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
What a sad way to die.
I have been wondering why our government wait for news like this before they act.
Not too far from Eleme Junction, a trailer with a container has been there for the past 3 days. The container is almost off the lorry.
Don't know if they want people to die before they take it off the road.
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by yazz09(m): 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Readonee35L:
Rip to the dead....
I won't really blame that truck driver but the bus driver because that truck can't just fall on a Smooth road but on a bad road, the drivers want to get to their destination in seconds over taking trucks anyhow even when u know the road is bad and the truck can fall at anytime thy drag with it on bad roads

Are you for real, did you read the post at all or you just read the headline and jump straight to the comment just let it be you commented.
Quite true bus drivers can be reckless sometimes but my dear read, understand, before you comment.
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by damiloladuke: 8:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
OMG. RIP 2THE DEAD
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by ikorodureporta: 8:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
I dnt kno y vehicles usually go against traffic frm Shagamu, to Asaba....that keeps me watching anxiously - as if itz gonna stop any crash....
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by AsanwaKC(f): 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
rip to the dead....its such a painful way to die..
Imagine appearing before God with a container on the head cry cry
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by Sirlancelot(m): 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Sometimes life is just not fair,what is their offence for their life to be cut short like a criminal?It is really painful.My heary goes to their relatives who may have lost a bread winner,a future hope for family and many daddies to little kids at home.it is really unfortunate
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by omolorlarh: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
MznAirA:
thank God for his mercies dat kept u

Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by eaglechild: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
I am so sad and angry. Why would someone drive against traffic.
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by otiigba1(m): 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
All this could have been avoided if safety measures were taken undecided
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by Cyriloha(m): 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
AirstarKane:
crychai I fear d container tin like craze. Rip 2 d dead. shocked

why can't Nigerian Government make it mandatory that all container motor must move from 12:00 PmblaniƩ till 6:00 am although when will happen will surely happen but o think that will help ....Any objections ?
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by 3kay945(m): 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
MznAirA:

You made it more touching than the Op...... Make some little offering to the needy as a form of Thanksgiving.
cry
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by cdaboss: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
ppl dying everyday ...breathing alone Is a miracle
Re: Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus by MznAirA(f): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
omolorlarh:

thank God for his mercies dat kept u
yes o. Thank you

Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days / Toyota Unveils First Nigerian Toyota Vehicle Assembled In Lagos(photo) / This N600m 2000 Mercedes Benz CLK-GTR Will Leave You Speechless (photos & Video)