Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Gay Marriage Legalized In Usa; Jubilation Across The Country - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gay Marriage Legalized In Usa; Jubilation Across The Country (830 Views)

Jubilation, As Alaafin ‘resurrects’ Sango In Porto Novo / Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? / Queen Elizabeth Rules Out Gay Marriage In UK: “marriage Is For Man And Woman” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Marriage Legalized In Usa; Jubilation Across The Country by Brownhypo: 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
[b]Today, The US Supreme Court ruled that same-s*x marriages must be recognized in all 50 states of the United States of America making homosexual act legal across the country.
The court’s action marks the culmination of an unprecedented upheaval in public opinion and the nation’s jurisprudence. Advocates called it the most pressing civil rights issue of modern times, while critics said the courts had sent the country into uncharted territory by changing the traditional definition of marriage.
“Under the Constitution, same-s*x couples seek in marriage the same legal treatment as opposite-s*x couples, and it would disparage their choices and diminish their personhood to deny them this right,” Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion.
He was joined in the ruling by the court’s liberal justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen G. Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.
All four of the court’s most conservative members — Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justices Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr. — dissented and each wrote a separate opinion, saying the court had usurped a power that belongs to the people[/b]

://www.usatoday.com/

Re: Gay Marriage Legalized In Usa; Jubilation Across The Country by kestolove95(m): 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
Yansh go dey collect am legally now...dat means dem go dey mess and shit tru prick and piss tru anus bdat

1 Like

Re: Gay Marriage Legalized In Usa; Jubilation Across The Country by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
I weep for another Sodom. I dont pray to experience this sad news in Naija in my lifetime.

For antagonist, I am young and not ready to go even in six decades

1 Like

Re: Gay Marriage Legalized In Usa; Jubilation Across The Country by brize(m): 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
Let them continue na, only if buhari will withhold the pressure they will mount on him.

1 Like

Re: Gay Marriage Legalized In Usa; Jubilation Across The Country by Brownhypo: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nemeka:
I weep for another Sodom. I dont pray to experience this sad news in Naija in my lifetime.

For antagonist, I am young and not ready to go even in six decades
We Christians already saw that coming. I'm not surprised... not an inch!
The thing is just that Britain and USA rules the world... once they are involved in something ....other countries try to adapt the law too....some countries are forced into it
in some years from now ,Nigeria will start to revise the law too....

God help us

(1) (Reply)

Throwback:late Ooni Of Ife, Oba Sijuwade When He Arrived For His Coronation / Which African Country Is The Most Crucial? / Ibos Are Not Lying, Yorubas Have A Morbid Fear Of Hausa/fulani. Read This My Br

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.