Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. (33122 Views)

Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Ecobank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service / What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by 10kgod(m): 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Are u for real or u are joking grin grin grin grin
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by tompat86(m): 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
take heart bro! change is here quote me and?
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
I greeted "Good afternoon, I came for my pin, here's my card" the guy looked at me and ignored my outstretched hand for about 30 seconds before snapping in a loud voice "did I ask for your card?"

I replied that I was a customer and he had no right to talk to me that way, his reply was to snatch the card from me and tell me "you are a goat". So I told him I wouldn't stand there and let him berate me... His response was to fling the card at me. He flung it with so much force that I had to avert my head as the card almost struck my left eye.

I called the head office and try as they did, the guy refused to apologize to me, claiming instead that he was older than me and that why did I call the head office. This was from some guy who called me a goat!

Eden1747, I am trying very hard to believe you but it is not easy. I'll tell you why.

You are a lady and it is a well known fact that most Nigerian ladies of today carry this air of arrogance and have this "I am a woman and so i can get away with anything" attitude. Don't get me wrong...i am not saying you are arrogant but the thing is, i do not see why that guy would just snap at you simply because you stretched your hand to give him your card over the counter.

It is possible that you were so upset with the fact that you came to the bank before and met his absence and therefore on your return, lost your cool and said something you shouldn't have said.

I am not saying that the way the guy treated you was good but sometimes, you just have to hear from both sides of the story to determine the whole truth.

12 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by hrykanu231(m): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dem no born the heddiot well make him treat person like that. Most of this staff that interface with customers need to take regular refresher courses on Customer Relationship Management. The main aim for existence of such organisation is that satisfaction of consumers needs. They better sit up or watch their competitors snatch their customers away.

1 Like

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by PenAndPaper: 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Eco bank is the worst bank ever.. I use them for my salary account.. I regret everyday.
Prefer my GT anytime any day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by otiigba1(m): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Click like if you agree that the guy should have been sacked straight away! angry but wait o! Is that the only bank in that country?

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by money121(m): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
priscaoge:
Same ancient bank NYSC forced us to open account with? angry angry angry angry

i guess that is Adamawa camp??
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by 9jatatafo(m): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
CSM is on lean allawee so he was paranoid. But you can sue his a$$. How I wish you recorded or video the incident, the csm would be your bingo.
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by okonja(m): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
Eden1747:

I however returned today, friday 26th and as I walked down the banking hall towards his cubicle. I greeted "Good afternoon, I came for my pin, here's my card" the guy looked at me and ignored my outstretched hand for about 30 seconds before snapping in a loud voice "did I ask for your card?"

I replied that I was a customer and he had no right to talk to me that way, his reply was to snatch the card from me and tell me "you are a goat".

[size=18pt]I swear to God, I would land him a dirty slap and start a fight[/size]... angry

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Ralphlauren(m): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
Eden1747, You've done well by sending that email.

Are you sure you also copied in head office top shots? You have to copy in as many people as possible.

A customer service lady tried such rubbish with me many years ago at FCMB. . In my own case, she left me unattended to intentionally for a long period - on two separate occasions and then she had the audacity to give me a rude response when I asked about the whereabouts of my ATM card. I calmly walked out but ohlalala, she didn't know that she had messed with the wrong bloke.

I got home and drafted an email that same day. My email was so well composed - right down to what the lady was wearing and where she sat in the office (to ensure there was no case of mistaken identity). My email shook them all - from the branch right to the head office.

That same day before 5pm, I had calls and calls and emails from the lady in question right to her boss to the branch manager to the regional manager right to some top shots at FCMB apologising.

She very nearly lost her job. I had to convince the top shot to let her remain with the bank but she was however moved to a back office role.

I was later told that she was well known and highly notorious for her rude behaviour to customers as well as her colleagues and that the whole incidence (that is, reporting her) actually changed her for good. She had a rethink about her life/ways as it was clear I didn't know her from Adam, I didn't give her rats a$$ about her and I was nothing but an innocent individual that she had exhibited her bad character to.

I was also told that the branch in question was "loss making" despite being situated in a busy commercial area and the bosses had been cracking their heads wondering what they were doing wrong. It was clear that the lady's behaviour would have put off many customers from coming to the branch in question or even referred new customers.

Kudos to FCMB for the way they dealt with my complaint. I was really impressed. That's why till date I have happily kept my banking relationship with them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by money121(m): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
FredTony11:
Welcome to the great brotherhood,have you been looking for an opportunity to be one of the brotherhood,this is the right time to join the illuminati brotherhood,it will make you famous,rich,excel in your business.it will established your business round the world and you will be recognized in your country,join the illuminati,if you are interested contact us at:thegreatilluminati666@outlook.com or call: +2348168007545

oloriburuku ni eee...

Mod banned dis goat

4 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by pussygotlips: 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
If na me eehh, i go stage fight o, i be small boy but if you misbehave i will treat your fvck up anyhow, especially when we are in a public place.
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by manny4life(m): 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
okonja:

[size=18pt]I swear to God, I would land him a dirty slap and start a fight[/size]... angry

That's right... Supported.

3 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by mkoabiola: 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Are u sure u ddnt insult hm 1st

1 Like

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Dapsy75(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
Eco bank is useless

1 Like

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
Simple solution, walk back to customer service and tell them you would like to close the account. But e be like the money wey dey the account no let you close. grin
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
shocked shocked

Haaaaa!!!! I will unleash my arsenal of bad mouth. angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by ibrahym47(m): 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
kingthreat:
If na me, we go scatter office there.
aswear

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
ECOBANK?
Should I be surprise?

You are even lucky the guy didn't put your card between his anatomical divide and scrub his scrotal sacs before flinging it to your face...

Eco can't be Good.... Closely followed by UNITY

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by ahmbal(m): 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
many tinx re involve in situation lyk dx,
1. maybe d turn out on 1st quarter profit WS low for that branch(pressure everywhere)
2. pressure from his supervisor or manager
3. salary not being paid YET
4. contract staff full of frustration
5. seen a new job es to resume nxt month
6. maybe es to relieve d person on duty(lack knowledge nd etiquette)
7. ......... other reasons I don't knw nd other reason I cnt disclosure here

am very sure, u wud receive an apology letter/ mail b4 d month runs out
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Frank3n2(m): 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
My dear, please close the account, no matter the amount there and open a new account in a well mannerd bank like first and diamond, just to mention a few. Afterall na goat money dem dey use pay am salary. Cheers!!
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
money121:

oloriburuku ni eee...

Mod banned dis goat
Motion seconded

1 Like

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by callmenow: 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
The OP should mind his bleeping business. If you were humiliated, then deal with it. After all Jonathan was humiliated and he went on holiday. Was buhari not humiliated by SARAKI? Did they come here to discuss it? Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by emmatok(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
Scrypt:

Simple solution, walk back to customer service and tell them you would like to close the account. But e be like the money wey dey the account no let you close. grin

Ha you don't know Ecobank they will be glad to close the account shap shap, they are just like Union bank they don't care.

@Op don't rush to close the account, give them hell.

3 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
ECOBANK WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE OR I CLOSE MY ACCOUNT IN PROTEST, SIMPLE AS THAT AND I EXPECT ALL WELL MEANING NAIRALANDERS TO DO SAME

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Aitee1: 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
Jinyjagz:
same as d one in my area at agbara, dat one will even tell u if u want to close ur acct nobody is holding u..ecobank agbara branch is worst...all dere tinz na one one, 1door, 1atm, 1customer care,1cleaner

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
priscaoge:
Same ancient bank NYSC forced us to open account with? angry angry angry angry
you are complaining, during my NYSC in kwara NYSC opened an account for me with Nigeria Agricultural bank in Shao and when we complained they relocated us to Union Bank. Imagine I was really unlucky with bank
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by BreezyRita(f): 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by BreezyRita(f): 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
lovinhubby2wife:
Eeeya sorry o
... BTW what is a street tout with an unbridled tongue looking for in a profession that requires so much courtesy.

Lol. I taya for Ecobank o.....

BTW, hilarious moniker. Really??
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by zoomzu(f): 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
Jinyjagz:
same as d one in my area at agbara, dat one will even tell u if u want to close ur acct nobody is holding u..ecobank agbara branch is worst...all dere tinz na one one, 1door, 1atm, 1customer care,1cleaner

That ECOBANK for Agbara na shop, no be bank at all. I once experienced that at UBA when a Teller refused to take my cash of over 300k on the premise that it was mutilated upon his boss's instruction to take the cash from me. I walk out of the bank and went to another branch where it was collected with any question. I reported the case and got over 5 calls from their headquarters apologizing to me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christmas Picture Of Tony Elumelu And Family / Godstime Chukwubuikem Samuel Gives Dangote A Portrait In Imo. Photos / Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.