Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,579 members, 7,770,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. (85647 Views)

Car Conversion (rhd To Lhd) / Rhd To Lhd Conversion. / Rhd To Lhd Enquiry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 9:03am On May 26, 2009
siena

what is really goin on??

im really getting pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed off as time go by

angry
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 7:24am On May 28, 2009
angry
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2009
still fuming!!

very very angry
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2009
best thread

my ass!! angry
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Midas02(m): 8:21pm On May 28, 2009
lol, @Siena what is biting this guy grin
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ama27(f): 12:00am On Jun 06, 2009
@Siena

Please could you tell me if you are able to do a 54 reg 407 or 54 reg passat. How much will it cost and how long would it take.

Thanks
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by shoking(m): 11:57am On Jul 15, 2009
How much wld it cost to do conversion for Ivtech Honda accord 2005, from RHD to LHD.

Heard the onces that come to naija with brown leather interior have problems getting conversion parts owing to high demad
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2009
I only just saw this thread and boy. . . . . . .its packed full of information.

I almost slit my wrist when i saw siena'spost in response to Mastro's query(first page).
Less than £2000 to modify a Car. That is bloody cheap.

My brother shipped a 2006 S-type Jaguar to Nigeria recently. Over a million naira was spent to modify the car.
Going by Siena's post i believe the mechanic has pulled a fast one and prolly still spending the money as we speak.

Siena i shall shoot you an email soon. Lemme just get my act to gether.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by lala25: 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2009
hello folk,will like to know if anybody has an info on where to convert rhd to lhd in niaja plz
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2009
I only just saw this thread and boy. . . . . . .its packed full of information.

I almost slit my wrist when i saw siena'spost in response to Mastro's query(first page).
Less than £2000 to modify a Car. That is bloody cheap.

My brother shipped a 2006 S-type Jaguar to Nigeria recently. Over a million naira was spent to modify the car.
Going by Siena's post i believe the mechanic has pulled a fast one and prolly still spending the money as we speak.

Siena i shall shoot you an email soon. Lemme just get my act to gether.

na 419 molue ur bro enter lipsrsealed shocked
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Uchek(m): 1:52am On Jul 29, 2009
It is illegal to import RHD into Nigeria in the first place? ( See Guardian March 15, 2009 ;FRSC to boost patrol with more equipment, begins clampdown on right-hand-drive vehicles By Moses Ebosele)

The National Road Traffic Regulation (2004), states that "no motor vehicle shall be registered or driven on any public road if the steering apparatus of the motor vehicle is fitted on the right-hand side of the vehicle.

According to Lagos State Sector Commander of FRSC, Jonas Agwu "it is against safety standard and the National Road Traffic Regulations, 2004, especially, after 37 years of its official prohibition, as provided in the right hand steering drive change over Act of 1972."

Are we not deliberately contributing to the lawlessness and "anything goes" system in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ping2ping: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2009
Siena,

Whats the price of converting 96 camry and 01/02 Primera(hatchback)??
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by mhard26339: 9:43am On Aug 28, 2009
Hi Sienna, What a great thread, the most informative on this subject I've found. Could you give me a quote to convert 04 Landrover Freelander to LHD. Thanks.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by bandore(m): 10:29am On Aug 28, 2009
@siena,, could you pls give me a quote to convert these cars frm rhd to lhd,
406 salon manual
rover 75 manual/auto
freelander,, manual/auto
honda legend 99/00-auto
camry-pencil light -auto
cheers,
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by babeface3: 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2009
I have the options of buying 406 '98 550k naira or carina e 450k naira all rhd. Please need your advice if this is a good deal considering the conversion and which is better in conversion considering the prices and availability of expersts in Naija. Thanks
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by bandore(m): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2009
@babeface3 i would suggest you go for the 406 rhd, as that is more quality and nigerians are good with converting this , my converter has converted over 10 406 this year for me,,i can also get you a clean 1999 406 rhd for 560k instead of 98,,email me on statehousegovt@yahoo.com, or i can get you a camry pencil light 1999 for 750 rhd.alagos cleared,
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by babeface3: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2009
@bandore, please which one is pencil light ( 4give my ignorance of autos), is it camry tiny light, could u post pic
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by bandore(m): 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2009
@babeface convertion by this expert is done at 200k,,,so I can get a clean 406 salon 99 for 560k , if u add 200k tht is 760,, tht is a very very good bargain, tht type in lhd wld sell for atleast 900k, toks
and yes I am talking about the toyota camry,

Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ping2ping: 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2009
@bandore
Please what will be the cost of a RHD camry 96, lagos cleared? Is the cost of conversion same for all cars? You said 406 is 200k, what about camry 96. Please i'm interested.

Expecting your reply
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by bandore(m): 12:57am On Sep 01, 2009
camry 1996 rhd ,, hmm well, to lagos a bit difficult but if ready I should be able to lagos clear it for 600k,convertion of the 96 camry would be lower than 200k for sure,,
why dont u just get a 99 right hand drive pencil light for 750k,,got 2 orders already,
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by buddyluv: 2:18am On Oct 01, 2009
@ siena pls i would like to know how much it would cost to convert a honda accord 99 model (honda adidas) to lhd, pls would like to know asap, my number is 07536239998.thx
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by bandore(m): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2009
@siena, keep the good work going, pls could u give the cost of conversion of these cars, u could email me pls,,,
406 salon 99/0001 manual
jaguar xj6/xj8 98/99/00 auto
rover 75 connoisseur 99/00 auto
toyota camry 97-99 auto
honda accord es 99/00 auto-
thanks,
email is-- brins22002@yahoo.com
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Inter101: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2009
@siena, pls could you give the cost of conversion of Honda Accord 08.
Thanks
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by adessolar(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2009
Hello Siena, please i have a Nissan Primera 2005 that needs changing from rhd to lhd and will want to do it almost immediately you send me the cost involved, if you are able to do it pls kindly get in touch with me on adessolar@yahoo.com or reply me on the tread, Tanxs and God bless,
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2009
seina

ikey called but no answer
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Busybody2(f): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
Hey Superman, Bigbumper too called but didn't get no reply tongue Howdy Blud, laang time no hear cheesy
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 11:55pm On Nov 10, 2009
@@@@

body no bad at all; just credit crunch hahahha joking cuz god dey

well dnt know the reason he aint pickin up cuz i see him on line shocked shocked shocked shocked

i need him to send over the face of my car radio

thats not too much shocked shocked

nawoo
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2009
hmmmmmm

nawoo
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Globaltrux: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2009
Gentlemen, This thread could go on for ever & ever. Weighing up the pro's & con's ofthis subject is extremely difficult.
I think one of the important factors to considwe prior to buying a car for conversion is, european cars Merc / BMw / Landrover etc are all made predominantly for the lefthand arket (the exception being RHD 3 series BMW, c Class Merc & VW golf, these are all built in South Africa exclusively for the RHD markets). As the European built cars are as i said designed for the LHD market, the body pressings normaly come with cutout s for the components passing through the front bulkhead, therfore conversion is made easier.
The Japanese, Korean & cars are built specifically for either the RHD or LHD markets and as such are much harder to convert due to the fact that the front bulkheads are not normaly punched for the purpose of conversion.

The most attractive factor regarding UK RHD cars for most people (Not only Nigerians) is the purchase price, they are the cheapest (Comparing apples with Apples), probably the lowest mileage as well as most likely the best maintained, so if someone wants to buy a good value used car from a RHD country and convert it, so what ! as long as the buyer is happy, he understands the specification he / she requires and the quality they can expect / accept for the money they are willing to pay, then let them be happy.

One aspect of this debate that has not been raised is "Final " landed / cleared price in Nigeria.
If you buy a LHD car and export it to Nigeria, you must pay the full duty applicable on the invoice value, if you buy a RHD car and get an invoice for the car only, then you will only pay the duties relivant to that invoice value, if the cost of conversion is invoiced seperately, you would not necessarily pat duty on that amount ??

We convert Trucks, busses & vans to LHD here in the uk (With very few problems), in fact we convert and export to other parts of europe to european MOT standaeds. I have stated previously on this forum, we would be willing to consider certain cars as an experiment if someone is willing to take the chance, gcontact us and let us discuss the matter.

Regards

Iain McKee globaltrucks@btinternet.com
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2009
HMMMM
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Shomoba01(m): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
i want to convert a 406.
how much will it cost

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

***Point 'n' Kill - Motorcycles - Motorbikes - Powerbikes Only*****let's GO!!!! / Lagos Plate Number Is Available / I Finally Bought The Tokunbo E250 Ford Econoline For 1.4m (PICS ATTACHED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.