Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes (5253 Views)

World No 1 Voip PBX Service For Your Business | Vitel Global / Einstein: Separating Facts From Fiction / 5 Sci-fi Fantasy Weapons You Didn't Know Already Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by bqlekan(m): 6:11am On Jan 22, 2017
Blakjewelry:

Crime rate will only reduce when man fully become mentally mature. When man thought analysis of every action before they are carried out. In one of my quotes I said *the most peaceful society in the world is not due to their advanced security system, but due to the fact the people choose to be reasonable*

And do you think man can ever be mentally mature? Greed has poisoned men soul. We no longer feel for each other. I don't see that changing in the nearest future.
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 1:00am On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

And do you think man can ever be mentally mature? Greed has poisoned men soul. We no longer feel for each other. I don't see that changing in the nearest future.
I believe it is a gradually process, we will get their some day. Most of the bad part people exhibit are innate, they are there to protect you. Our ancestors depends on most of these behavior for survival, in fact without those attributes, I don't think the early man would have survived, but it is time to do away with most of them
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 1:19am On Jan 23, 2017
SirWere:

I think no.1 will have limit to the distance the electricity can travel, for it to properly work, sending electricity across a will not require coding and decoding information rather it will require sending it as an electromagnetic waves which be relayed or up by a system that will amplify with.

As for no. 4 i wish we can find a way to put that issue to rest
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by bqlekan(m): 9:19am On Jan 23, 2017
Blakjewelry:

I believe it is a gradually process, we will get their some day. Most of the bad part people exhibit are innate, they are there to protect you. Our ancestors depends on most of these behavior for survival, in fact without those attributes, I don't think the early man would have survived, but it is time to do away with most of them

Well, let's see what the future holds for the black community.. I hope we can witness the revolution
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2019
I'm late

Space travel

Faster than light travel. Hopefully in the next 100 years (OK, too optimistic).
Large underwater and sky city complexes
Human settlements on and terraforming of Mars and Venus.
My personal favorite: Genetic engineering...to cure genetic related diseases, by injecting artificially modified viruses that would cause the genetically sick person to be altered at the cellular level (Of course, it may leave us exposed to some superbug from space that may kill us all...but then again)
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
tactius:
I'm late

Space travel

Faster than light travel. Hopefully in the next 100 years (OK, too optimistic).
Large underwater and sky city complexes
Human settlements on and terraforming of Mars and Venus.
My personal favorite: Genetic engineering...to cure genetic related diseases, by injecting artificially modified viruses that would cause the genetically sick person to be altered at the cellular level (Of course, it may leave us exposed to some superbug from space that may kill us all...but then again)

"faster than light travel" hmmm I wish that one day we will be able to achieve that but except some significant breakthrough occur that alter our present established physics, that may never come to light.

most of the theories out there that can take man to 10% of the speed of light requires huge energy and there is space radiation which can be handled with magnetic shielding to how to counter the force of initial the list goes and the famous warp drive proposed to bend spacetime require anti matter equivalent the mass of the earth to get to our closer neighbor alpha centauri, worst still we can't created em except a minute one by the large particle collider and we don't have the vessel to contain it nor do we have the tech know how to manipulate into propulsion.

terraforming a planet is also one of my fave but then a the tech is not within our reach also it won't see light soon or maybe never because

1. the search for life outside planet will require everything remains the same for now and that is also one of the most NASA probs and mission equipments are highly sterilized so as not to contaminate the studied body.

2. when the sun finally grow old its going to destroy virtual almost the solar system so no use building more home were it definitely going to be destroyed except our population explosion threatened the planet.

also on a side note when you terraform a planet, it definitely going to require thousands if not millions of years for things to settle.

your last call is my fav because it is very much achievable, its within our reach, with that aside sickness and disease we actually have some cool ability like night vision, infra vision, high thermal resistance, stronger, super intelligence and so on
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Teslason(m): 6:26am On Oct 19, 2021
Blakjewelry:
OK let our imagination run wild for awhile, you can can post what you want or what you will like science and technology to achieve in the future.
it can be what might be possible in the future or let just say it might be impossible anyway let just hear it. I will go first.
1. antigravity device. it will help future flying cars and it will also facilitate easy take off and landing of spacecraft, as for how it works? I think our understanding of graviton might see it through.

2.device that can view the past,as for how it will work,I don't have any idea

3. Faster than light travel, this will be possible in the future as there are alot theory that support the this and even nasa Lockheed Martins are working toward that line.

4. Beaming tech. Transportation in the form of energy beam, I.e the person or object is converted into energy then rematerialize at the destination. But the truth be say whether na your original copy or photocopy me I no know. String theory might make that possible in the future.

The first is possible, the invention is not yet released to the public. The craft charges the air and the air in return propel the craft upwards, making it climb the G-well(gravity well).

The second. It is an experiment called project looking glass. It's was a secret project.

The third. Very possible. Einstein's theory of relativity ain't correct. Particles traveling at light speed became lighter instead of the opposite Einstein claimed.

The fourth. Well, I think project rainbow(or Philadelphia experiment) is related but not same.
Teleportation is used by ths Secret space program for the teleportation of people there.
Insiders of the SSP attested and ascertained they were involved.
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Teslason(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2021
bqlekan:

If only humans can do away with the need for money, greed will not be a potential problem anymore!
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2021
Teslason:

The first is possible, the invention is not yet released to the public. The craft charges the air and the air in return propel the craft upwards, making it climb the G-well(gravity well).

The second. It is an experiment called project looking glass. It's was a secret project.

The third. Very possible. Einstein's theory of relativity ain't correct. Particles traveling at light speed became lighter instead of the opposite Einstein claimed.

The fourth. Well, I think project rainbow(or Philadelphia experiment) is related but not same.
Teleportation is used by ths Secret space program for the teleportation of people there.
Insiders of the SSP attested and ascertained they were involved.
What you mentioned as one is just regular propulsion system. I am not sure that will ever going to happen because right all fact points that gravity is not a force rather just curve space time around massive object in space, how matter interact with space time is what we are trying to understand.

2 I am not a conspiracy theorist, I like to basey claim on fact. Einstein said if you have a telescope big enough, you will see the past, that is the method use in gathering information about the universe. Most of light coming some of the star are already in the past, some millions to billions of years and their light just reaching us. But seeing what happened some days back within our own environment is something to behold.

3. Einstein has been right, his theories has been test again and again it held up. The only way to travel at speed greater than the speed of light is to manipulate time and space.

Teleportation is still far off though possible within science but we are not there yet not even close. It will require huge amount energy source and super computers not available now but the quantum computing is promising.
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Teslason(m): 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
Blakjewelry:

What you mentioned as one is just regular propulsion system. I am not sure that will ever going to happen because right all fact points that gravity is not a force rather just curve space time around massive object in space, how matter interact with space time is what we are trying to understand.

2 I am not a conspiracy theorist, I like to basey claim on fact. Einstein said if you have a telescope big enough, you will see the past, that is the method use in gathering information about the universe. Most of light coming some of the star are already in the past, some millions to billions of years and their light just reaching us. But seeing what happened some days back within our own environment is something to behold.

3. Einstein has been right, his theories has been test again and again it held up. The only way to travel at speed greater than the speed of light is to manipulate time and space.

Teleportation is still far off though possible within science but we are not there yet not even close. It will require huge amount energy source and super computers not available now but the quantum computing is promising.

Well, Physics laws are dynamic.
The problem is that, they've not updated the mainstream Physics.
Before 2050, you'll find out that Tesla could build an antigravity flying object, harvest free energy and even wireless electricity is possible.
You'll get to find out, they kept it secret since 1945!
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
Teslason:

Well, Physics laws are dynamic.
The problem is that, they've not updated the mainstream Physics.
Before 2050, you'll find out that Tesla could build an antigravity flying object, harvest free energy and even wireless electricity is possible.
You'll get to find out, they kept it secret since 1945!
Lol in physics the rules are constant but they can be tweaked with better understanding. These Tesla guys are not scientist they are business men, though business has caused giant leap science in recent times. I really wish for antigravity but I am not sure it happen based on our understanding of gravity. The truth there is nothing hidden about science, once you know the basics, it is universal
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Teslason(m): 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Lol in physics the rules are constant but they can be tweaked with better understanding. These Tesla guys are not scientist they are business men, though business has caused giant leap science in recent times. I really wish for antigravity but I am not sure it happen based on our understanding of gravity. The truth there is nothing hidden about science, once you know the basics, it is universal
Sir! I'm not talking about Tesla company, I'm talking about the greatest engineer, Nikola Tesla that did first hand experiment not theoretical Einstein (not against Einstein though)
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
Teslason:

Sir! I'm not talking about Tesla company, I'm talking about the greatest engineer, Nikola Tesla that did first hand experiment not theoretical Einstein (not against Einstein though)
Tesla did alot of experiments but Einstein is on another level. Till date advance and very sensitive instrument still can't disprove rather confirm what he predicted
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Teslason(m): 2:08am On Oct 21, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Tesla did alot of experiments but Einstein is on another level. Till date advance and very sensitive instrument still can't disprove rather confirm what he predicted
There's always a difference between an engineer and a Physicist.
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Darealrick(m): 10:09am On Oct 24, 2021
Imagine they do a surgery on your eye and when you wake up you see things like a video game with your health and vital signs at one side of your field of vision a map at the upper right ,if you stare at something for some time it will show information regarding that object,person or landmark

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Science And Technology In Nigeria:the Way Forward / Photos: Amazing Things You Won't Believe Exist In This World / PAY WITH CAPTURE....... Access Bank Plc Has Introduced A New Multi-banking Payme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.