Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Episode 1: Behind Shades - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Episode 1: Behind Shades (674 Views)

Episode 9: Behind Shades / Episode 8: Behind Shades By Joy Akosa / Episode 5: Behind Shades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episode 1: Behind Shades by Joyakosa(f): 12:48am On Jun 27, 2015
You think the world is controlled by one person? You think you have a family?, you think you are smarter than I am, you think you are bolder than I am, you think you are the only one who knows how to serve God? You think so?; but I think you are dreaming. I am not one of the regular girls you see around, I am classy, intelligent, sexy, you can describe me with your own sweetest words.

But does it matter any way…You feel you have the worse challenges ever, because you don’t have money? Or because you are disappointed at some point in your life. Wait…chill…grab a bottle of coke and my story will shock you.
Becky as I am fondly called by my friends is a sweet down to earth lady. I am 28years old, working class lady, working in one of the biggest banks in Lagos. I am very rich and can buy myself anything I wish. Wondering how I got rich at 28? Stop pondering… the answers to all the questions in your mind is coming soon. Just be calm.

You see, in life, a girl just has to rise to the top of her game whether by hook or by crook, she just has to. My parents did me a lot of good by sending me to abroad to study, but they hurt me when they told me I should come back home to work. I came into Nigeria four years ago and it has been heaven in hell for me. Apart from all these lagos wahala here and there I was saddened by the fact that my parents always gave me time to leave the house and when to come back, even as an adult. I was wondering if my life was been controlled like some robot planted in the house. I obeyed sha, afterall I will soon get married and leave the house, so I thought.

One faithful evening, I was in my compound with some couple of friends, we were drinking and chatting so loudly, I felt so good that evening because I didn’t go to work that day. Been such a busy person that I hardly see anyone around me except at work. I was made the manager of the bank with the influence of my father so I even hardly relate with my colleagues.

A car drove into the compound and we all starred to look at who it was. OH MY GOD, see this fine boy as he come out from this expensive car, I was so engrossed starring at his looks more than the car. He was so handsome. He walked into my house and I quickly followed with style. I knew he was one of daddy’s clients. I entered the sitting room where he was already seated. My father introduced me to him immediately he saw me. I was melting , you need to see how my hands were shaking when I shook him. He smiled at me which even killed me more.

Let me take you back on how I have lived in the states all the while.

continue reading on: http://www.akosaseries.com/2015/06/episode-1-behind-shades-by-joy-akosa.html#more

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Navy Recruitment Form Is Out Now, / The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest / That Sunday Vibe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.