Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (5679 Views)

Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / Why Do Some Men Stop Their Wives From Doin Some Certain Things After Marriage? / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by kaboninc(m): 8:14am On Jun 30, 2015
dangotesmummy:
she's fine cool

You're sambarry...or you want to lie about that too?
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by dangotesmummy: 8:44am On Jun 30, 2015
kaboninc:

You're sambarry...or you want to lie about that too?
deny what undecided

I'm so scared because I don't want you to hit me that's why I'm lieing undecided

can't you see i'm already shivering
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by kaboninc(m): 9:09am On Jun 30, 2015
dangotesmummy:
deny what undecided

I'm so scared because I don't want you to hit me that's why I'm lieing undecided

can't you see i'm already shivering

Just confirming
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by dangotesmummy: 9:23am On Jun 30, 2015
kaboninc:

Just confirming
continue confirming and by the way when you are addressing a billionaires mother you refer to me using ma tongue

you don't just address me shaka anyhow like that because I am older than you financially moreover do you know the efforts I put in in raising a billionaire tongue

be warned
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by cococandy(f): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2015
There's no amount of respect that will prevent someone predisposed to violence from acting out. And of course respect goes both ways. No one should disrespect their spouse. Husband or wife.
Stressing respect for the husband is subtly saying respect for a wife is not as important.
It is just as important. Very much so.

There are many psychological issues that people go through which could lead to killing a fellow human being. Attributing such to lack of respect is basic at best. How many women kill their husband's because he disrespected them. Does it mean it doesn't happen?

There's something very dark inside someone that will make them go as far as taking a life.
not being respected enough is not one of them.

mutter:
No one not even the state or any institution has the right to take life.
But of what use is this when the life has been blown out. We need to look for ways to prevent it happening.
Laws made to protect women before are now being used by women to exploit men.
These laws where made when women had a disadvantage on the job market but modern technology has made it possible for women to do every job a man can do.
So the women today are more exposed more educated and are using the laws as a weapon to deal with the men.

I just find it sickening when I see how some of these girls that came from home talk to their husbands.
I always scold them when they do it in my presence.A woman's respect is her husband. Respect your husband and you achieve more respect for yourself.
I don`t even understand how a woman can live under the same roof with a man she does not respect!A real woman delights joy in respecting her husband and submitting to him.
Gosh when I try to imagine how a home would be where this is missing!
When you respect and love a man you share everything with him. It is no longer about mine and yours.

I know some will say the men are not working hard enough but did the women not know that when they followed him there.
What people do not understand is that there is sometimes a very long and hard process to first get into America and then have the right to stay there. These men have sometimes spent years living a hard life without a regular routine. So they have in some ways been broken by the system. Now the woman the marry and brings does not go through that struggle. She now gets there and spits in the face of the man that provided her with something better.
So sad in a foreign land the family should be strong and united to survive. Now the man is gone the home is broken and hardly any good comes out of the kid`s.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by babygirlfl: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2015
mutter:

True. Nobody has the right to take life.

But of what use is this when the life has been blown out. We need to look for ways to prevent it happening.
These laws where made when women had a disadvantage on the job market but modern technology has made it possible for women to do every job a man can do.
So the women today are more exposed more educated and are using the laws as a weapon to deal with the men.

I don't think the law was protecting any gender. when a marriage breaks down, the proceeds from the marriage is divided between the couple. However, when kids are involved, the kids become the priority and it only makes sense that the spouse who gets the kids keeps the house. You do not expects the kids to leave the house. In other words, the kids get to stay in the house with the parent who gets full custody. If the husband gets custody, he stays with the kids in the house while the wife leaves the house. If the wife gets custody, she stays with the kids in the house while the husband leaves the house.

People exploit laws wherever possible. Men in Nigeria exploit women everyday because the law favours them. The same man goes abroad and starts shouting exploitation. Have we not heard of women being chased out of a house she built with her husband? So my dear, most people will exploit the law when possible. Most of the men who go home to marry are also exploiting the Nigerian laws and culture as they hope their bride remains bound by the Nigerian law. Unfortunately, for the men, most ladies will change.

I just find it sickening when I see how some of these girls that came from home talk to their husbands.
I always scold them when they do it in my presence. A woman's respect is her husband. Respect your husband and you achieve more respect for yourself.
I don`t even understand how a woman can live under the same roof with a man she does not respect!A real woman delights joy in respecting her husband and submitting to him.
When you respect and love a man you share everything with him. It is no longer about mine and yours.

Respect is reciprocal and both partners should respect each other.

I know some will say the men are not working hard enough but did the women not know that when they followed him there.
What people do not understand is that there is sometimes a very long and hard process to first get into America and then have the right to stay there. These men have sometimes spent years living a hard life without a regular routine. So they have in some ways been broken by the system. Now the woman the marry and brings does not go through that struggle. She now gets there and spits in the face of the man that provided her with something better.
So sad in a foreign land the family should be strong and united to survive. Now the man is gone the home is broken and hardly any good comes out of the kid`s.

I understand what you are saying. People go through a lot sometimes to go into and get their stay abroad. Some women went through same thing and went home to marry a man only for the man to get his papers and divorce her to marry another woman. Do these men deserve to be killed?

Your story is one sided. Have you spoken to women who married these kind of men? Most of these men want them to remain perpetual slaves because they brought these women abroad. You need to first of all understand the psychology of most men who go home to marry. Most of them are men who want a slave and not a wife. The almost always leave a girlfriend abroad to marry one from home. They want women they can control. They go for those women they think they can control. With this type of man, having an opinion can be interpreted as arrogance because they expect you to jump at their command.

You need to also understand the psychology of most of these women these men marry. These are women who want to go abroad by all means. They don't care what type of man he is. They just want any man that can take them abroad. Some of these women even go into nursing school with the mind that these men from abroad can come and whisk them away.

Now this two people getting married is disaster. It's just a matter of time. If anything has to be done to curb this menace both sides of the divide should be addressed.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by mutter(f): 10:41am On Jun 30, 2015
babygirlfl:

I don't think the law was protecting any gender. when a marriage breaks down, the proceeds from the marriage is divided between the couple. However, when kids are involved, the kids become the priority and it only makes sense that the spouse who gets the kids keeps the house. You do not expects the kids to leave the house. In other words, the kids get to stay in the house with the parent who gets full custody. If the husband gets custody, he stays with the kids in the house while the wife leaves the house. If the wife gets custody, she stays with the kids in the house while the husband leaves the house.

People exploit laws wherever possible. Men in Nigeria exploit women everyday because the law favours them. The same man goes abroad and starts shouting exploitation. Have we not heard of women being chased out of a house she built with her husband? So my dear, most people will exploit the law when possible. Most of the men who go home to marry are also exploiting the Nigerian laws and culture as they hope their bride remains bound by the Nigerian law. Unfortunately, for the men, most ladies will change.

I understand what you are saying. People go through a lot sometimes to go into and get their stay abroad. Some women went through same thing and went home to marry a man only for the man to get his papers and divorce her to marry another woman. Do these men deserve to be killed?

Your story is one sided. Have you spoken to women who married these kind of men? Most of these men want them to remain perpetual slaves because they brought these women abroad. You need to first of all understand the psychology of most men who go home to marry. Most of them are men who want a slaves and not a wife. The almost always leave a girlfriend abroad to marry one from home. They want women they can control. They go for those women they think they can control. With this type of man, having an opinion can be interpreted as arrogance because they expect you to jump at their command.

You need to also understand the psychology of most of these women these men marry. These are women who want to go abroad by all means. They don't care what type of man he is. They just want any man that can take them abroad. Some of these women even go into nursing school with the mind that these men from abroad can come and whisk them away.

Now this two people getting married is disaster. It's just a matter of time. If anything has to be done to curb this menace both sides of the divide should be addressed.

Thank you for covering this topic more extensively. I indeed only analysed the öne side of the coin . You flipped it. I agree with you on the whole .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by bukatyne(f): 10:52am On Jun 30, 2015
babygirlfl:

Your story is one sided. Have you spoken to women who married these kind of men? Most of these men want them to remain perpetual slaves because they brought these women abroad. You need to first of all understand the psychology of most men who go home to marry. Most of them are men who want a slaves and not a wife. The almost always leave a girlfriend abroad to marry one from home. They want women they can control. They go for those women they think they can control. With this type of man, having an opinion can be interpreted as arrogance because they expect you to jump at their command.

Beautiful....

I did not read the OP grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by babygirlfl: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2015
mutter:

Thank you for covering this topic more extensively. I indeed only analysed the öne side of the coin . You flipped it. I agree with you on the whole .

Thank you too Ma.
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by babygirlfl: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2015
bukatyne:

Beautiful....

I did not read the OP grin

Thanks dear
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Obodo999(m): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
kubba:

I understand, but, You sound cold! Don't you miss them? Your kids shocked

Its the best way for a man to live longer.
and.. no, I don't miss the kids.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by pickabeau1: 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
Obodo999:

Strange that you don't miss the kids

Why do u think they will look for you
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by kubba: 2:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
Obodo999:

Chineke shocked idi egwu

Wait a min! They ain't yours then
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Obodo999(m): 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
pickabeau1:

Strange that you don't miss the kids

Why do u think they will look for you

If they don't look for me, its their loss. cool

I don't need Children to enjoy a long healthy Life. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by pickabeau1: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
Obodo999:

If they don't look for me, its their loss. cool

Ok.. do u have a second family
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Obodo999(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
pickabeau1:

Ok.. do u have a second family

No second family yet.

I don't need Children to enjoy long and healthy Life. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by pickabeau1: 2:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
Obodo999:

No second family yet.

I don't need Children to enjoy long and healthy Life. cool

Interesting the words yet

Ok.. good for u man
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by raayah(f): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by pickabeau1: 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
raayah:

Exactly. My father left my mum and I.

I have no interest in looking for him, neither does my mother.

If I may ask.. why?
Don't you want to know why what happened, happened
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by raayah(f): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
/
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by pickabeau1: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2015
raayah:

He left for another woman. I have half-brothers and sisters out there. He has made no effort to keep in touch even when i tried to communicate through facebook.

You actually tried to reach out
That is separate then

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by raayah(f): 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
/
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by 5minsmadness: 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
raayah:

I reached out because of family pressure not because i needed to.

The point is - You reached out.
And you were rebuffed.
It's understandable why you are angry.
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
mutter:

I always scold them when they do it in my presence.A woman's respect is her husband. Respect your husband and you achieve more respect for yourself.

Wow. Wise woman you are!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Stillfire: 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2015

On this account alone. Thread closed! grin grin We've not even talked about all women naija men dump after getting their green card.
I mean, if the women that Nigerian men used for green card massacred them off, I doubt many naija men would be posting on NL today. shocked grin grin

@OP

Is it not the aggression I'm talking about! Rotflmao! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Besides when an mgbeke tastes freedom, all fraudulent 'submission' flies out the window cheesy cheesy cheesy. It's just a normal human response, abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by pickabeau1: 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
raayah:

I reached out because of family pressure not because i needed to.

ok
Are u married now?
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by 5minsmadness: 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
The point of the matter is:

If you as a single Nigerian girl think you can 'dagbo' a man into marrying you and taking you abroad where u can enjoy American freedom and think you will use this freedom to milk the man of all his hard earned money and properties AND children....

Then you are most likely going to die.
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by KanwuliaJara: 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Those angry women provoked the violence. grin

Ewatan "Braaaa ShyMESS"?

Koyo o! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
@babygirlfl, you really knocked her pseudo-intelligence off.
That's superb!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
babygirlfl:

Your story is one sided. Have you spoken to women who married these kind of men? Most of these men want them to remain perpetual slaves because they brought these women abroad. You need to first of all understand the psychology of most men who go home to marry. Most of them are men who want a slave and not a wife. The almost always leave a girlfriend abroad to marry one from home. They want women they can control. They go for those women they think they can control. With this type of man, having an opinion can be interpreted as arrogance because they expect you to jump at their command.

Best and classiest reply I have read so far devoid of insults unlike uncultured anti-feminists who insult, and claim it's the rights.
You are indeed wise, cool, calm and collected. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
Stillfire:

Besides when an mgbeke tastes freedom, all fraudulent 'submission' flies out the window cheesy cheesy cheesy. It's just a normal human response, abeg.

Yes, I wholesomely agree.
Even male gold-diggers tend to be rude after exhausting Madam's money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Help Oo. Which Is The Best Rechargeable Fan / Jide Kosoko's Wife Involved In A Fatal Road Accident- Pic / No Child Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.