Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola (15977 Views)

Any Attempt To Impeach Buhari Will Be Resisted As It Was Done In Turkey–APC Govs / Pro-Lawan Senators Move To Impeach Saraki - Punch / Don’t Impeach Aregbesola Because Of Jonathan’s Recklessness – Asiwaju Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by fitzmayowa: 5:25am On Jun 27, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party has hailed the courage of the Osun State House of Assembly for commencing impeachment process against Governor Rauf Aregbesola following a petition by Justice Folahanmi Oloyede.

The state PDP Publicity Secretary, Mr. Bola Ajao, commended the House in a statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Friday.

Oloyede, who is a serving judge in Osun State Judiciary, had petitioned the Assembly asking the lawmakers to impeach the governor and his deputy because of their inability to pay workers’ salaries for the past seven months.

The statement read, “We want to commend the lawmakers for commencing the process of impeaching Governor Aregbesola in order to save the state.

“For us as a political party, our concern is beyond playing the traditional role of opposition party. It is about the people of Osun State. It is about men and women who are supposedly gainfully-employed but are now refugees in their own land, living on handouts from compassionate religious and corporate bodies.

“It is about the present and future of the state. It is about generations unborn and questions that would be asked us if we don’t act collectively now.

“Even members of Aregbesola’s party know that he spoke from his heart when he said he was clueless about how to rescue the state from imminent doom.

“The lawmakers will be writing their names in gold, irrespective of party affiliations, if they take the lead in rescuing their constituents from penury and impending economic catastrophe.

“History and posterity will not forgive the lawmakers if they allow the fading administration of Aregbesola to scuttle the impeachment process on the altar of political exigency and partisan conspiracy.

“We are aware of the tremendous pressure being brought upon the lawmakers by the insensitive leaders and chieftains of the All Progressives Congress within and outside of the state, but the lawmakers owe posterity and their generations unborn this moment of history to offer the state the last straw before it would collapse irretrievably.

“We have it on good authority that a deal had been reached between Governor Aregbesola and the leadership of the Assembly to kill the impeachment process by referring his response to Justice Oloyede’s petition to a Kangaroo committee of the Assembly that would rule that the governor has no case to answer on the weighty allegations raised by the petitioner.

“This is completely unacceptable to the traumatised people of Osun State and such shenanigan will be fiercely resisted.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-hails-lawmakers-move-to-impeach-aregbesola/

11 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by fitzmayowa: 5:25am On Jun 27, 2015
Aregbe making the news for all the wrong reasons...

30 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 27, 2015
PD P's stupidity know no bounds

11 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Tolexander: 5:34am On Jun 27, 2015
Impeachment my foot!

So Osun PDP doesn't know the Osun impeachment is nothing but a comedy or Osun PDP is also playing along the comedy lines.

12 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by arabbunkum: 5:37am On Jun 27, 2015
Dreamers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by modath(f): 5:40am On Jun 27, 2015
Aregbesola drropped the ball with his fiscal indiscipline but why the excessive attention on him when he is not the only gov owing ?

Where was the PDP when suswan was owing teachers for over ayear thereby keeping the primary school kids home for that year?

PDP should stop rejoicing over the state workers misfortune, Aregbe will survive the threats & moves (will pay this month), the workers may not be happy presently but he is the best Gov the state has ever had..

The seat will not go to Omisore even if he is impeached,so what's the Joy about

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Obijulius: 5:42am On Jun 27, 2015
You don't get it.

He might not be only one owing. But he'll be used to set an example for others.

This is a victory for democracy.

modath:

Aregbesola drropped the ball with his fiscal indiscipline but why the excessive attention on him when he is not the only gov owing ?

Where was the PDP when suswan was owing teachers for over ayear thereby keeping the primary school kids home for that year?

PDP should stop rejoicing over the state workers misfortune, Aregbe will survive the threats & moves (will pay this month), the workers may not be happy presently but he is the best Gov the state has ever had..

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Maxymilliano(m): 5:44am On Jun 27, 2015
Aregbe has admitted his helplessness by saying the situation in Osun is beyond his control, that's enough to kick him out ...

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 27, 2015
PDP? I just hate to hear this fvcking name

9 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by modath(f): 5:54am On Jun 27, 2015
Obijulius:

You don't get it.

Unlike BIASED minds who get their stories from the media without any recourse to the affected people,I'm not SLOW!!

Aregbe will not be impeached.. If his problems were to be misappropriation of funds or stepping on godfather's toes, Maybe!

But mark this thread & todays date " HE WILL NOT BE IMPEACHED"

A 25 out of 26 APC members of a state where the gov still enjoys a measure of goodwill despite his mis steps will not do it..

Victory for democracy was sending the PDP to the opposition gallows (don't be fooled by the NASS thing,it doesn't translate to access to national coffers so its moot) where they really belong... smiley

11 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Tolexander: 6:07am On Jun 27, 2015
modath:

where were you when almost all achievements existing on papers and no where in reality were blown here like rapture trumpet?

He has enjoyed the praises, let him br given the disgrace!

Moreover, list the achievements qualifying him to be rated the best Governor in the state!

18 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by fitzmayowa: 6:10am On Jun 27, 2015
Tolexander:
where were you when almost all achievements existing on papers and no where in reality were blown here like rapture trumpet?

Moreover, list the achievements qualifying him to be rated the best Governor in the state!

I tire ooo, is people like this that makes the like of aregbe feel confident that "nothing" dey happen...I guess owing workers can count as achievements too

No wonder will always end up with governors like aregbese...SMH

18 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by modath(f): 6:35am On Jun 27, 2015
Tolexander:

Do you know Osun beyond the media's reportage? How many towns & villages have you ever been to before & after Nov 2010?
Have you asked from the people of Gbogan, Iwo, Esa Oke, Ilesa,Ikeji,Ode omu, Osu, itagunmodi, etc about the impact of this present govt & his predecessors?...

I will never condone his fiscal irresponbility, cos he never had a plan B for a state totally dependent on oil revenue with an almost non existent IGR....

but as for his achievements being on paper, I'll leave you to verify yourself since you already have a stand, so I'm not the person to convince you, I don't do fruitless endeavours.

Sorry. smiley

10 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 27, 2015
I support APC, aregbesola gat no excuse for owing 6months... if the excuse is the reduction in allocation, he's not the only gov in that shit ... ekiti, benue and osun are civil servant states, u can't afford to owe workers more than 2month salary.
Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by mrvitalis(m): 6:45am On Jun 27, 2015
Thought pdp are now sensible but they will always prove u wrong

1 Like

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Tolexander: 6:46am On Jun 27, 2015
modath:

Do you know Osun beyond the media's reportage? How many towns & villages have you ever been to before & after Nov 2010?
Have you asked from the people of Gbogan, Iwo, Esa Oke, Ilesa,Ikeji,Ode omu, Osu, itagunmodi, etc about the impact of this present govt & his predecessors?...

I will never condone his fiscal irresponbility, cos he never had a plan B for a state totally dependent on oil revenue with an almost non existent IGR....

but as for his achievements being on paper, I'll leave you to verify yourself since you already have a stand, so I'm not the person to convince you, I don't do fruitless endeavours.

Sorry. smiley
oga, ju gbogbo iyen danu!

So explicit enough, list Aregbesola's achievements.

IGR almost not existing?
You must be 'baba suweing'.

Who enjoys the highest IGR between him and his predecessors?

Mind you, I dwell in Osun!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 27, 2015
Obijulius:
You don't get it.

So him be escape goat.
Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by cooljude(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2015
I think for him admitting that he can't solve the problem in Osun state, he should be sent packing.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by jogsman01(m): 7:05am On Jun 27, 2015
i m not a fan of dat silly asshole of a governor but he'll never be impeached. If he refused to pay salaries dis month sef, he ll also be welcomed.

1 Like

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by jogsman01(m): 7:07am On Jun 27, 2015
modath:

best governor my foot

9 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by jogsman01(m): 7:07am On Jun 27, 2015
modath:

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2015
handsomeclouds:
PD P's stupidity know no bounds

Six months...no salaries.

Something must be done....if not impeachment....at least a through investigation.

Please.....wemust no longer allow our leaders take us for a ride. Democracy is not so that you can vote....it is also to make it easier for you to put pressure on your leaders.

Aregbe has not done well.

10 Likes

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by ignis: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2015
PDP will soon lose their respect with moves like this. ..

1 Like

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2015
Good move! Send away thief from the government!! LOL

Get Motivated Daily: Bookmark #Wisdytech_Quotes for all your Motivational Quotes on Facebook @WisdytechQuotes & On Twitter @WisdytechQuotes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by msmon(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2015
APC is a better opposition party!

Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - See Reasons
www.nairaland.com/2408865/buhari-steady-not-slow-leadership
Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by oismail(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2015
They are claiming opposition grin
Employ Tinubu or Lai

Modified.....
To be sincere
PDP actually caused this mess
And it's not only the State of Osun that's owing salaries
I pity those in the State Assembly what if the situation come back to normalcy?
They will returned loyal?
Democracy sha!!!
Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by eaglechild: 9:13am On Jun 27, 2015
It is long overdue.
Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by yurme(m): 9:14am On Jun 27, 2015
Kai pdp jst dy laf apc
Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Helkayklassic(m): 9:14am On Jun 27, 2015
Baba Kamo in trouble
Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by myklangelo(m): 9:14am On Jun 27, 2015
I'd been waiting for this action to be put on the table since. Aregbesola just de act like the madman in the Igbo proverb that his house is on fire and he was busy pursuing rat in hiS room.

He don't give any damn about his state and his citizens at all. He needs to step down since he can't take care of what haas been given to him!

My tutorial for the week is out...Igbo ga-adiririri!

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

1 Like

Re: PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Nairalandar: 9:14am On Jun 27, 2015
Good move..... Please do well to check my signature and do the needful... Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila / PDP Crisis: Why Is Atiku Afraid To Let Ayu Go? / Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.