Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

BVN: A Warning To Nigerians Regarding Scam Emails. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN: A Warning To Nigerians Regarding Scam Emails. (721 Views)

Can I Change My BVN Picture? / BVN: No More Deadline Extension, CBN Warns / BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BVN: A Warning To Nigerians Regarding Scam Emails. by misterh(m): 6:22am On Jun 27, 2015
Owing to the last minute rush by Nigerians to get their BVN done and its consequent inconveniences, it is pertinent to tell Nigerians about the need to be security conscious.
I just received a mail from a questionable source claiming to be StanbicIBTC to click on a link to do my BVN, even though I've done mine (with GTBank though). My suspicion was aroused by the grammatical blunders in the mail. Upon further query, I noticed that the email address doesn't belong to the bank. I learnt these type of emails seek to wrestle the control of your account from you.

Nigerians, the BVN can't be done online. You have to be at your branch physically. Below are the screenshots of the email and the address.

Thank you.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Good Bank For Average Savings / My First Event As BBQ Entrepreneur / I Need A Business Idea Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.