Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? (22277 Views)

I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? / Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? / I Got This Job. Pls Should I Accept It ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by bobcharly(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by HenryThegreat1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Beckybeky:

Its not just abt sharing flyers.
There's a target to every mkting job in dis country. But why I even accepted is becos d product is marketable. It its sth like Insurance, I won't even bother.
Just dat I feel its not proper for them to ask me to go and prove myself first.
. Connect to them let's work together I'm a professional marketer. I have sell insurance, microfinance products, e-commerce services and tangible items.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by ylaa(f): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE COLLECTED THE FLYERS AND MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
vickylala239:

Na wa ohhhhh!!

why Dnt throw flyers away n go bck Dat u Hv distributed. Na Na wa ohhhhh.

The most dangerous kind of work is marketing, Cuz u maynt b paid at all,Cuz of xcuse of target dis Nt Dat.tym frame n blah blah.

To convince Ppl hard eh,Xpecially Nw Dat 419 is everywhere,and small tin Nw is 419.
...thank you oooo. Peeps be commenting like, upon sharing a million copies of fliers, she earns a salary undecided
She has a target to meet, people! She's to be paid based on her "production"! Get it, the employer giving her transport fare isn't an assurance it will continue, trust me sad
Op, the choice is yours.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by sammer4life(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
HenryThegreat1:
. Connect to them let's work together I'm a professional marketer. I have sell insurance, microfinance products, e-commerce services and tangible items.
Mr Henry, pls, do u work with Mayrays? If yes, is that ur house in Asaba stil free?
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by SortCode(m): 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
You've started the work already
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by ojosegun2011(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
If you apply to a media house and you were given topics or scripts to write or edit as a way of testing your ability to perform, will you do it or not? There are some jobs like that which requires an employee to proof their prowess in their chosen field. In those days when private and public institutions wanted to employ they usually gave their employees between 3 to 6 months probational or tempoirary employments. Those who were able to satisfy their employers were given permanent employments and others have their appointments discontinued verbally without any letter of dismissal or lay-off. I'm genuinely advising you to take it up, proof yourself and God may lift you up therefrom. That was the usual practice from time immemorial but style is just modified.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
angry
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
Beckybeky:
So I went to an interview and after discussing with the potential employer, I realize it was a marketing job. In order to ascertain my ability to the job, he asked me to write down strategies I would use to market the product.

I had no problem with this so I went ahead and did so.

After reading it, he said he's not yet convinced. He gave me some flyers and said I should do what I can to get a particular number of clients within a given period. This is not free as I would be paid a certain sum of money. He also gave me some money for tfare.
What am able to bring in will determine if I get to continue or not.

Now my question is: Is this right? Do I have to prove myself before I get a job, apart from the normal interview process?

Pls mature advice needed, as I'm thinking of returning the damn money and flyers to them. Is there something I should have done that I didn't do?

If you think it's okay atleast
u said u will get paid for the trial so go ahead convince them you have what it takes. It's not about certificate , I guess the company had hired a Toronto certificate before so they have learnt the hard way.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by bankyblue(m): 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
Beckybeky:

There's a target to every mkting job in dis country. But why I even accepted is becos d product is marketable. It its sth like Insurance, I won't even bother.

u better stop all this long talk and start looking for potentail customer.
if u think is easy, take loan and open a buz to start ur own and work on ur own terms.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by itoese(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
Please be careful so you do not regret later. Your employment contract must be written in black and white before you do anything. Cheers.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
Fvck the damn job!! undecided
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by RennyX: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Why all dis job related threads just dey enter Fp since yesterday
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
Beckybeky:
So I went to an interview and after discussing with the potential employer, I realize it was a marketing job. In order to ascertain my ability to the job, he asked me to write down strategies I would use to market the product.

After reading it, he said he's not yet convinced. He gave me some flyers and said I should do what I can to get a particular number of clients within a given period. This is not free as I would be paid a certain sum of money. He also gave me some money for tfare.

Now my question is: Is this right? Do I have to prove myself before I get a job, apart from the normal interview process?

Pls mature advice needed, as I'm thinking of returning the damn money and flyers to them. Is there something I should have done that I didn't do?

Yes and yes, you have to prove yourself.

The only catch here is that you are required to bring in clients before gettting the job, which might take time.

There is really nothing wrong if an employer requests that you prove yourself before giving you a job.

It's up to you to either prove yourself, or walk away. If you don't have marketing skills then you don't have any business with such job.

I personally won't hire a marketer who can't bring in clients.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
@ Beckybeky

U don start work be that oo
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Fourwinds: 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
Beckybeky:

indirectly he is telling u to market d company using whatever means including ur puna. I don't know y u find it had to comprehend d parable
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by NewsINigeria(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
sammer4life:
Nothing wey person no go see for this country. My dear, if the pay package is okay and it's what you can afford to do, give it a try. But I never hear about this trial job package

Mr. Ibu Now A Basketballer?
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by chimauk(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
Agimor:
You've already know your decision irrespective of what wound been said here.
bross abeg read ur comment urself undecided
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by fashrola(m): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
Upload sample of the flyer here.... or are we not prospective clients? undecided
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
Beckybeky:

What product is that?
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by esere826: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
Beckybeky:

sales job is not the best job, especially when your basic salary is very small or none existent, and the bulk of your earnings is based on commission on the sales that you bring in.

....this is something a number of school leavers don't know>>
You can come together with a group of friends and actually do sales jobs for yourselves instead of for an employer
you guys can even hire others and pay them based on what they bring in
its that simple
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by poseidon12: 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
As some one else said, this is actually good for both you and the company. Since they gave you money to cover your transport fare, I'll advice you go ahead and give it a try and if you find it is not something you will like to do, then politely decline and thank them for the opportunity given to you.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
poseidon12:
As some one else said, this is actually good for both you and the company. Since they gave you money to cover your transport fare, I'll advice you go ahead and give it a try and if you find it is not something you will like to do, then politely decline and thank them for the opportunity given to you.

1000 likes for you.

If a company asks you to prove yourself, then do just that. As long as they provide all necessary tools to get the job done.

It's akin to Practical skills test given to technicians and Software engineers during the hiring process.

Imagine hiring a Software engineer who can't write a useful program, just because you didn't test his acclaimed skill set.

If you really like marketing, then go ahead and do it. I used to have a friend during NYSC, that loved marketing, he could sell anything to anyone. I really envied him, that's a rare skill to have in this age and century.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by fako1(m): 5:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
Most of you aint getting the point? Sum are already saying she has gotten the job.

Wats d assurance she isnt the only one told to share d flyer?

Wat if she share d flyer and doesnt get the job?

Wat if dey just wanted to use her to market der product (if dey are new).

I think a marketing job, an interation with an applicant is atleast a score-point.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Originalsly: 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
How many clients?....how much time?...how much pay? Would you be paid if you bring in the clients within the time? If the time is more than 3 days then you are being used...you would be working yourself off for tfare.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
fako1:
Most of you aint getting the point? Sum are already saying she has gotten the job.

Wats d assurance she isnt the only one told to share d flyer?

Wat if she share d flyer and doesnt get the job?

Wat if dey just wanted to use her to market der product (if dey are new).

I think a marketing job, an interation with an applicant is atleast a score-point.

The issue here is not if she has gotten the job or not.

She is the person who can guage what the company is really up to, judging by their setup when she went there.

Other than that, I see no reason why a company cannot use whatever acceptable means to get the best candidates.

As long as she feels she doesn't need to prove herself before getting the job, then she is not qualified, neither does she have any marketing skills.

Let her take or leave the offer based on her personal preferences, not because the employer has really violated her fundamental human rights.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by callonme(m): 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
I wish you the same wish I have for myself.........goodluck under Buhari's regime and forever........In other words....

My blog is still loading.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by bummyla(m): 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
If It Is A Marketing Job! SweetHeart You Need To Prove Your Salt Before You Would Be Taken!

http://www.bummyla.com

Beckybeky:

Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Franky9584(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
na question i wan ask oo. assuming d trail target z to get 10 pple and unfortunately u ended up in geting 4 or 5pple, abd finally u lose d job...will dey discharge dose pple or kip dem as customers wen u are no longer there?

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by U2ice(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
If u dnt do it nw ull do it after de might av employed u....
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by Lovexme(m): 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
Seem like one of those real estate marketing job.
Re: Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? by olutsen: 3:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Beckybeky:

What a pity? Let me tell you this, after you and about 20 of you who came for interview were asked to get 20 clients withing the 1 week period, you came back with 15, someone else with 10, another 17 and another 20 etc. He would claim to retain the one that met the target, the rest of you would now be paid based on the task and told you didn't meet up, but the clients you have brought would be kept and followed up with.
Now this same process would go over and over again and each period, they are building more clientele base while they aren't engaging the potential staffs. they just pay you a token and say bye. Now who is losing? You or them? You are a one-time contract staff. Simple! And my other question is this, a job you haven't started and them having this methodology of dealing with potential staffs, when you become a full staff what happens, it would be 22nd century slavery.
I don't just get the part we become so desperate that we get involve in jobs that would derail out dreams, I have seen how our fathers and mothers, young men and women in the name of let me manage this job end up not doing a job that suits their pathway to become successful in life. Am sure you have a talent you can exploit but unfortunately you don't want to go the hard way of making it your strength through which money go come in.
Do you know most of our parents out there are fed up with their jobs and regret doing it but can't leave because they are afraid of taking the risk of leaving the present job and they end up doing the same job for 10 years without anything meaningful, something that reduces them to mere men.
Madame, if you thing of how badly you need the job, you would never make the right decision, whether jobs they out there or not, what is yours would be yours without people exploiting you.
How I wish out school frats maintained the founding fathers paths, they would have developed men and women of mental strength that can withstand the present pressure of our society rather than counting scores with a life and scamming people is their strength.
The guy is just out to exploit people in need of jobs while saving costs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? / British American Tobacco Recruitment Engineering Support Services Invite / Union Bank Nigeria Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.