Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nigerians In Chicago!!help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Chicago!!help (3361 Views)

3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates / Any Nairalander In Chicago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Chicago!!help by girllostincity: 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hi everyone

I'm moving to Chicago and I fear being bored and lonely. I will be in Naperville to be specific.

I wanted to know are they Nigerians here (Chicago and Naperville) and where I can go to find them. Please tell me about restaurants, hang out spots, church, malls etc... I would also like you to narrow it down by telling me the type of Nigerians (social classes). I don't want to end up being mixed up with the wrong people, I hear Chicago is dangerous. I also don't want to feel out of place that's why I want to know the type of Nigerians that frequent the place. I would truly appreciate your help... Thank you smiley
Re: Nigerians In Chicago!!help by bankyblue(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
am in nyanya close to mararab, good hang out spot is there. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Chicago!!help by Lucasbalo(m): 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
girllostincity:
Hi everyone

I'm moving to Chicago and I fear being bored and lonely. I will be in Naperville to be specific.

I wanted to know are they Nigerians here (Chicago and Naperville) and where I can go to find them. Please tell me about restaurants, hang out spots, church, malls etc... I would also like you to narrow it down by telling me the type of Nigerians (social classes). I don't want to end up being mixed up with the wrong people, I hear Chicago is dangerous. I also don't want to feel out of place that's why I want to know the type of Nigerians that frequent the place. I would truly appreciate your help... Thank you smiley
Welcome to Chicagoland area. Naperville is about 45 minutes outside if Chicago and is a very beautiful place to live. Chicago is a beautiful city with a lots of Nigerians doing great. So many Nigerian restaurants on the north side and a lot of Nigerian social and cultural spots. Don't mind the people that says Chicago is a dangerous place. The crime in Chicago is limited to a small neighborhood just like any big city in the world. Been living here for most of my life and it's surely a beautiful life here if you are hardworking and keep yourself clean.
Re: Nigerians In Chicago!!help by girllostincity: 2:50am On Jun 28, 2015
thank you for your response Lucas....can you offer me more information about the nice spots
Re: Nigerians In Chicago!!help by Lucasbalo(m): 6:55am On Jun 28, 2015
girllostincity:
thank you for your response Lucas....can you offer me more information about the nice spots
Mostly on the north side of Chicago in Uptown and Rogers Park. That's a good part of Chicago. It's between Truman college and Loyola university. There are many African restaurants around there and churches too. If you are a Muslim, there is a Nigeria mosque too. Just try it and let me know if you like what you see.
Re: Nigerians In Chicago!!help by SirWahl1: 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Mostly on the north side of Chicago in Uptown and Rogers Park. That's a good part of Chicago. It's between Truman college and Loyola university. There are many African restaurants around there and churches too. If you are a Muslim, there is a Nigeria mosque too. Just try it and let me know if you like what you see.
Hello are you still in Chicago? I am new here and would really like some help
Re: Nigerians In Chicago!!help by Chuchunana: 10:08am On Mar 20, 2017
I was in Chicago last year(North side), stayed off West Touhy and it was safe and fun all through.

(1) (Reply)

Contact sheet was given to me in US embassy my reaffirm case second interview / How To Get Australian Working Visa / Is Certified Copy Entry Of Pursuant Of Birth Equals British Citizen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.