Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators (9817 Views)

David Beckham Retires From Football / Paul Scholes Retires From Football / 5 Brilliant And Funny Quotes From Mario Balotelli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by eldee(m): 11:33am On Mar 01, 2009
The two strangest things I ever heard from commentators . . . Both in one week.

'He's got the pace, he's got the strength, he's athletic. . . he just lacks the natural TOUCH of a footballer!!!'

Sky commentator after Eboue missed that begging chance on Tuesday.

'It's Nasri, he's going to shoot!!! Oh no . . . It's Arsenal!!!'
That pretty much sums up Arsenal's season.

Are there any other funny/crazy or just out-of-this-world commentaries you've heard. Post them in honour of these wonderful people that have used their words to increase and slow down our heartrate whenever they feel like. (I'm talking of the commentators, not Arsenal)
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by MrCrackles(m): 11:47am On Mar 01, 2009
Andy Gray

I watched the match and i saw an awful lot of it
! grin
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by eldee(m): 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2009
'Theo Walcott, will he?? is he?? And Theo Walcott scores a hattrick for England'

That's vaguely what I heard the commentator say in the Croatia match.

'AND THAT'S HOW HE MAKES A LIVING!!!'

A commentator shouted out exactly those words after Andy Cole scored a stunner.
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tayoccu(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2009
DYNAMITE!!!! ABSOLUTE DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the home scene "bcc lions ans shooting stars played a 1-1 goaless draw" grin grin grin

honest
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tollu: 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2009
A 1-1 goaless draw? Now that's classic.
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tayoccu(m): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2009
14th march 2009, arsenal vs blackburn rovers.

"GOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL for arsenal, and by who? the arsenal goal machine Emanuel Eboue!"

or sumtin like dat.
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by allboyz(m): 5:04pm On Mar 15, 2009
"Oh . . . a terrific TENEDO from Uche Kalu" - SKY SPORTS commentator

NIG vs Malawi (not sure though) WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by FBS: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2009
you folks should watch Gol TV (La Liga matches) and listen to Ray Hudson.
Haaaa. . .its beautiful. That crippy voice. . .the best.
brb to post some video and quotes. You will love them.
pity he doesnt comment on EPL matches.

meanwhile enjoy this. close your eyes and listen. . .haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2008/ray-hudson-greatest-soccer-commentator-p1.php
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by asha80(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2009
'What a great goal of great quality from a quality player' from an english commentator after maradona scored the lenght of the field goal against england in mexico 86.
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by invisible2(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2009
Ferdonando Hierro sends the ball to an unrushing Loise Enrique and holllly mozzzzzzzzes! Was that shot? Or an explosion?
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by A40(m): 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2009
tayoccu:

DYNAMITE!!!! ABSOLUTE DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the home scene "bcc lions ans shooting stars played a 1-1 goaless draw" grin grin grin

honest

You gotta be joking grin grin grin

allboyz:

"Oh . . . a terrific TENEDO from Uche Kalu" - SKY SPORTS commentator

NIG vs Malawi (not sure though) WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS
My ohh my!!
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by akinalabi(m): 12:08am On Mar 16, 2009
By The Late Ernest Okonkwo

The Guinean number 7 shirt beats Christian Chukwu. . .

He beats Christian Madu. . .

He has beaten 2 Christians. . .

He must be a Muslim grin
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by chamotex(m): 12:34am On Mar 16, 2009
Martin Tyler - Sky Sports

"Salomon Kalou, the African International" shocked shocked Does Africa have a football team?
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tayoccu(m): 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2009
You gotta be joking Grin Grin Grin

no I ain't scout's honor! sports world on LWT (lagos weekend television) 1990.

He must be a Muslim

Akin why did you have to?
now my ribs are aching.

england vs brazil 2002 world cup IN PORTUGUESE

"ronaldinho gaucho ,

, GOALAZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOO! GOALAZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOO!! ,GOALAZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOO!!!GOALAZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOO!!!!GOALAZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by youngies(m): 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2009
Richard Asiegbu or Ernest Okonkwo commenting on Frank Udemezue's team of South Korea '88 Olympics:

John Ene Okon now with the ball . . . what does he do . . .a chance for Nigeria! . . . a chance for Nigeria!! . . . oh, ladies and gentlemen, a goal for Brasil!! cheesy

Nigeria lost that match 4:0
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tayoccu(m): 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2009
I to Nigeria Drew 3-3 with Brazil in seoul
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by dayokanu(m): 1:03am On Mar 17, 2009
@Tayoccu In Seoul Nigeria lost 4-0 to Brazil, 3-1 to Yugosi-alafia grin, and 1-0 to Australia.

The team I remember Okwaraji, Yekini, was our keeper Ngodiga?
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tayoccu(m): 10:11am On Mar 17, 2009
thanks for the info mate
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by youngies(m): 10:25am On Mar 17, 2009
@DK

Do you mean that Okwaraji, Yekini and keeper Ngodiga were in Seoul 88 team?
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by allboyz(m): 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2009
akinalabi:

He must be a Muslim grin

grin grin grin grin grin oh my ribs . . Akin . . . nor kill me o0o . . grin grin Just too funny
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by dayokanu(m): 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2009
Yeah Youngies I think so
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tosinaded(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2009
And here goes robben,he's gotta be the oldest lookn 21year old alive
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by presido1: 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2009
akinalabi:

He must be a Muslim grin
This was said in a match bt Rangers and Pillers in the early 80s.
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by doyin13(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2009
I remember the Intercontinental Cup in 1995 held in Saudi Arabia, where Naija represented Africa.
NTA was broadcasting one of the Naija games with an Arab Commentator.

Okocha was really bringing many of his skills to the fore

The Arab commentator was like:

''OKOSHA, OKOSHA, OKOSHA. . . . . . . .ALLAHUUUU AKkkBAR''
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tkb417(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2009

He must be a Muslim

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this is really funny tho ive heared it b4
meeen, we used to have great men in this country
Emeka Odipo and Ernest Okonkwo. Is Emeka odipo still alive lipsrsealed

Presido1
i dont think so. I dont think C.Madu played for Rangers. Not sure tho
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tkb417(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2009
I remember the Intercontinental Cup in 1995 held in Saudi Arabia, where Naija represented Africa.
NTA was broadcasting one of the Naija games with an Arab Commentator.

Okocha was really bringing many of his skills to the fore

The Arab commentator was like:

''OKOSHA, OKOSHA, OKOSHA. . . . . . . .ALLAHUUUU AKkkBAR''
lmao!! make una no kill pesin today o grin
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by switch47(m): 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2009
    OH!! bendel insurance nosakhare is on a free run !!!!!!!!!!!!! and he dribbles past the last defender----in the vital area shocked oh my God! Oh my God!! oh my God---What does he do??he takes a look at the on rushing goalkepper and he SHOOOOOOTSS----oh no and the ball goes out of the stadium!! grin grin 

ogbe stadium cool
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tayoccu(m): 9:40am On Mar 19, 2009
switch has done it again!!!!
good one dude.

"Kanu!! he has to score!!! ,

how did he miss that? even my Grandmother would have scored that"

-the sitter kanu missed 3 seasons ago.(can't remember which club he played against)
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by allboyz(m): 10:56am On Mar 23, 2009
liverpool Vz A.Villa EPL gane week 30 Sunday 5PM NIG TIME 22END MARCH 2009.

Build up to Liverpool's 4th goal . . .

" Its Reira . .he lays a pass for Alonso . .Alonso . .a shot . .Oh No,the A.Villa Centre back pulls him down its a freekick for Liverpool just outside the penalty area.

its Alonso's territory,he's to take it . . no no . .it a goal by Gerrad . .they are goals up just 50 mins into the game . . what a cracker game it is . . 4 goal after 50min,its started with Real Madrid in the 2nd leg of the Champions league . .they won 4 nil,4 days after,the trashed MANCHESTER UNITED 4 Goals to 1 now its 4 GOAL TO NIL" . . .I don't think any team should be playing Liverpool this time around" grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by allboyz(m): 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2009
We sure will more this weekend ESP from the African games
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by Fadajasi(m): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2009
@allboyz, thats gonna be pretty funny
Re: Favourite Quotes From Football Commentators by tayoccu(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2009
Adebuywhore . . . !!!!!!!!!!!!
. . . Oh what a miss!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Luton Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 30th December 2023 / Sheffield United Vs Manchester City (0 - 1) On 31st October 2020 / Juventus Vs Barcelona : UCL (0 - 0) On 22nd November 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.