Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group (8325 Views)

5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / RESULTS: Annual Nairaland State Census (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Now that we have established that Ndiigbo were almost double the population of Yorubas in the past. As collaborated by an independent and then neutral colonials who were on ground.

Now, we have to establish that Ndiigbo remains almost double the size of Yorubas in this present era.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by Rivertemz: 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
macof:

When I first saw you debunk the op I thought you did well cus Hausas are still more than yoruba
But this here. ..claiming yoruba are not more than iigbo is pure ignorance
Are you blind ?!
What makes you think he debunked me, he showed me an old census data that I already stated and only a few percentage increase at today's current data, so how the hell is that debunking Foolish people everywhere
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by Rivertemz: 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:
Now that we have established that Ndiigbo were almost double the population of Yorubas in the past. As collaborated by an independent and then neutral colonials who were on ground.

Now, we have to establish that Ndiigbo remains almost double the size of Yorubas in this present era.

Now you're trolling, did you pass maths in secondary school ?

3 Likes

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by macof(m): 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rivertemz:

Are you blind ?!
What makes you think he debunked me, he showed me an old census data that I already stated and only a few percentage increase at today's current data, so how the hell is that debunking Foolish people everywhere
Obviously Yoruba are less than Hausa. .. especially with minorities already hausalized in the north

I don't know where you got your information from
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by Rivertemz: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:

A 1963 population figure that has Anambra, Enugu, Ogun, Kwara, etc in its data, when those anomalies created by Gowon only started existing from 1970.

Secondly, a dubious figure that took cognizant of of Yorubas presence in Kwara and Kogi, but ignored the Igbo presence in Delta, Edo, Rivers, Benue, etc.

Thirdly, how many of those Lagos population, actually belongs to Yorubas, seeing that we have huge population of non Yorubas in Lagos,which Ndiigbo consists the majority of?

In conclusion, your link, like most things associated with your people, is nothing but an Igbophobic lie, cooked up to massage your egos, but very far from being a representation of facts or truth.
why do you assume that all people hate igbis, no one cares about you !

3 Likes

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rivertemz:

Now you're trolling, did you pass maths in secondary school ?

I should be asking you that. I wasn't great at mathematics in school, but I was good enough to know that 3,927,000 is almost double of 2,113,000.

Don't you think so? *grins*
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by Rivertemz: 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
macof:

Obviously Yoruba are less than Hausa. .. especially with minorities already hausalized in the north

Are u just going to critisize the claim instead of doing the research yourself, the latest data shows this...what else do you want to convince you. Research it yourself.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by Rivertemz: 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:

I should be asking you that. I wasn't great at mathematics in school, but I was good enough to know that 3,927,000 is almost double of 2,113,000.

Don't you think so? *grins*

But Those numbers mean nothing, I see how you weren't great at maths, you do realize that 21% is greater than 18%
Or that 20.3% is also greater than 16% ?

1 Like

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rivertemz:

But Those numbers mean nothing, I see how you weren't great at maths, you do realize that 21% is greater than 18%
Or that 20.3% is also greater than 16% ?

Numbers you pulled from your ass?

When was the ethnic census conducted in Nigeria? The last independent ethnic population estimates done in Nigeria by the unbiased colonials as of then was in 1921, and it clearly showed the Igbo numbers almost double of Yorubas.

This is a historical fact.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Other unpoliticized stats, done using state of Origin rather than state of resident, often concur with the 1921 estimated figures.
For example, take a good look at what JAMB stats was telling us, before some people got too uncomfortable and allergic to the truth and stopped the jamb state of Origin breakdown stat. https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

What the above JAMB stat was telling us was that either it is a historical and current fact that the Igbos far outnumber the Yorubas, or that the Yorubas don't go to school like they want the rest of the world to accept.

Tsk Tsk, what is it gonna be? Either way, one of your false propaganda must be brought down by that JAMB stat. Personally, I would go for the bogus population claim of yours.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by scholes0(m): 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:
So in your
eyes, Igbos are almost double of Yorubas,
right?)

This is the fact you have to swallow, it's bitter, but it will heal you of your Igbophobia.

I don't have any Igbo phobia or whatever you call it.... I am just stating facts.
You think Igbos are almost double the Yoruba in population (lol), but never has the population of the South East + Delta North senatorial, + the Igbo areas of Rivers state, surpassed the South West in Population- Even minus Lagos.
Not to talk of South West + Kwara + Kogi West. ...... bigotry has clouded your ability to reason "commonsensically" ... And it is my duty to make you see reason.

IGBOS WITHIN IGBOLAND BREAKDOWN:
About 27% of Delta state are Igbo and Igbo related (Ika, Ukwuani, Aniocha) collectively known as Aniomas. and lets assume 40% of Rivers state are Igbo & Related groups (Etche, Ikwerre, Ogba and Co). Let's also Assume that the Igbos that chose to remain in Lagos and be enumerated there were 20% of the Population.
Here is what the Ethnic populations would look like:
South East: 16.381 Million = 11.7% of Nigeria.
Anioma Delta LGA's = 1.114 Million
Igbo and Igboid Rivers = 2.074 Million
Igbos in Lagos for the Census = 1.80 Million
TOTAL = 21.369 Million = 15.26% of Nigeria

YORUBAS WITHIN YORUBALAND BREAKDOWN:
About 80% of Kwara state, and 30% of Kogi state are Yorubas.
In the South West, Lets Say Yorubas are only 70% of Lagos census figures (remember, a lot of people from other areas went to their home regions to be enumerated)
South West - lagos = 18.5 Million
South West - Non Yoruba residents in Lagos = 24.8 Million
Yoruba speaking Kwara = 1.89 Million
Yoruba speaking Kogi = 977 Thousand
TOTAL = 27.675 Million = 19.76% of Nigeria

Now lets not forget that Lagos was grossly undercounted in that same Population census, and the Lagos state government, which carried out a parallel census, to the Federal Government organized one, claims to have counted up to 21 Million Logisians...... With this put into consideration, The Yoruba Population would rise to around 24% of Nigeria, while that of the Igbos would rise to around 17% of Nigeria.

Add all the Other Igbos in other parts of Nigeria, and maybe the 17% would rise even further...... by how much would be a subject of speculation , but I would say maybe another 2-3%
Add Yorubas in other parts of Nigeria, and maybe the 24% would rise by around 1% ....

Summary of the whole epistle is that, there is no rational analysis of Nigeria's population, that would place igbos ahead of Yorubas in Population... Talk less of far outnumbering them... This is a hard fact that you will have to learn to live with.
Source: http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/Nigeria06CensusFigs.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by scholes0(m): 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
macof:

Yoruba and Hausa population has always been neck to neck. It is the Population of HAUSA LANGUAGE SPEAKERS that outnumber that of yoruba language speakers.
You won't classify a Berom indigene of Jos, or a Nupe indigene of Bida, or a Kanuri indigene from Pottiskum who Speak Hausa as a means of communicating with other Northern Peoples as Hausa would you? .... It's the same way Scots who speak nothing but English are still not English.
Spoken Language is not Ethnic identity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by Rivertemz: 6:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:

Numbers you pulled from your ass?

When was the ethnic census conducted in Nigeria? The last independent ethnic population estimates done in Nigeria by the unbiased colonials as of then was in 1921, and it clearly showed the Igbo numbers almost double of Yorubas.

This is a historical fact.

1921 loooooooooool
Please Abeg, keep on taking your pills before the nurses dose you to sleep

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 8:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
scholes0:

I don't have any Igbo phobia or whatever you call it.... I am just stating facts.
You think Igbos are almost double the Yoruba in population (lol), but never has the population of the South East + Delta North senatorial, + the Igbo areas of Rivers state, surpassed the South West in Population- Even minus Lagos.
Not to talk of South West + Kwara + Kogi West. ...... bigotry has clouded your ability to reason "commonsensically" ... And it is my duty to make you see reason.

About 27% of Delta state are Igbo and Igbo related (Ika, Ukwuani, Aniocha) collectively known as Aniomas. and lets assume 40% of Rivers state are Igbo & Related groups (Etche, Ikwerre, Ogba and Co). Let's also Assume that the Igbos that chose to remain in Lagos and be enumerated there were 20% of the Population.

In the South West, Lets Say Yorubas are only 70% of Lagos census figures (remember, a lot of people from other areas went to their home regions to be enumerated)

Now lets not forget that Lagos was grossly undercounted in that same Population census, and the Lagos state government, which carried out a parallel census, to the Federal Government organized one, claims to have counted up to 21 Million Logisians...... With this put into consideration, The Yoruba Population would rise to around 24% of Nigeria, while that of the Igbos would rise to around 17% of Nigeria.

Add all the Other Igbos in other parts of Nigeria, and maybe the 17% would rise even further...... by how much would be a subject of speculation , but I would say maybe another 2-3%
Add Yorubas in other parts of Nigeria, and maybe the 24% would rise by around 1% ....

Summary of the whole epistle is that, there is no rational analysis of Nigeria's population, that would place igbos ahead of Yorubas in Population... Talk less of far outnumbering them... This is a hard fact that you will have to learn to live with.

Trash.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
Your estimates were built on Nigerian much politicized 2006 population census. That already renders all your calculations flawed. Everybody know that the Zoo has been unable to conduct a census since it's independence. 2006 census was a joke.

All non politicized census and stats in Nigeria, like that of 1927 by the colonials and the JAMB stats all points to one universal fact: IGBOS ARE ALMOST DOUBLE THE POPULATION OF YORUBAS.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rivertemz:

1921 loooooooooool
Please Abeg, keep on taking your pills before the nurses dose you to sleep

Yet this JAMB non politicized 2000s stats, still collaborated what the whites said in 1921. https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

Isn't it amazing the power of facts and truth? They stand the test of time and above all, sets you free.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by scholes0(m): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:

Yet this JAMB non politicized 2000s stats, still collaborated what the whites said in 1921. https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

Isn't it amazing the power of facts and truth? They stand the test of time and above all, sets you free.

Now, I can see that you are unreedemable.
The figures you are yapping so much about (if they are anything to go by) also shows that The SE had more than 7 times the enrollment figures for the NW.
Lets all go by your logic here, and declare that the SE has 7.3 times more people than the North-West shocked
... Yaaay, The Igbo bigot's logic. grin grin

And as for that data.... don't even get me started on dispelling them.... figure by figure...

1 Like

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by scholes0(m): 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:
Your estimates were built on Nigerian much politicized 2006 population census. That already renders all your calculations flawed. Everybody know that the Zoo has been unable to conduct a census since it's independence. 2006 census was a joke.

All non politicized census and stats in Nigeria, like that of 1927 by the colonials and the JAMB stats all points to one universal fact: IGBOS ARE ALMOST DOUBLE THE POPULATION OF YORUBAS.

Quote any Census Figures you like..... but dont be bringing 1927 figures here... lol.
1n 1927, The Yoruba Identity (Question of what groups are actually Yoruba) hadn't even fully formed yet..... lool

1 Like

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by scholes0(m): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
This is another Statistical figure that gives a fairly rough Idea of Ethnic breakdown for the Big three......
It is the Figures for TOTAL Number of eligible voters by region (2014/2015) based on total number of people who registered themselves in each Zone of Nigeria......

South South (Nigeria): loosely known as Niger Delta; includes Edo State, Delta State, Rivers State, Cross-River State, Akwa-Ibom State and Bayelsa State (10,059,347/14.6%)

South West (Nigeria): includes Lagos State, Osun State, Oyo State, Ogun State, Ekiti State and Ondo State (13,731,090/19.9%)

South East (Nigeria): includes Abia State, Anambra State, Imo State, Enugu State and Ebonyi State (7,665,859/11.1%)

North Central (Nigeria): loosely known as Middle Belt; includes Benue State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Nassarawa State, Niger State and Plateau State (9,767,411/14.2%)

North East (Nigeria): Adamawa State, Bauchi State, Borno State, Gombe State, Taraba State and Yobe State (9,107,861/13.2%)

North West (Nigeria): Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Sokoto State and Zamfara State (17,620,436/25.6%)
http://jide-salu.com/2015/01/16/inec-nigeria-breakdown-of-voters-registration-by-state-calculate-your-2015-election-permutations/

Again, the SW figures remain consistent at around 20% of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by macof(m): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rivertemz:

Are u just going to critisize the claim instead of doing the research yourself, the latest data shows this...what else do you want to convince you. Research it yourself.
And you think I haven't researched myself, why?
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
scholes0:

Now, I can see that you are unreedemable.
The figures you are yapping so much about (if they are anything to go by) also shows that The SE had more than 7 times the enrollment figures for the NW.
Lets all go by your logic here, and declare that the SE has 7.3 times more people than the North-West shocked
... Yaaay, The Igbo bigot's logic. grin grin

And as for that data.... don't even get me started on dispelling them.... figure by figure...

Stop disgracing yourself in the public. This argument is about Yorubas and Ndiigbo, we all know that the far North is a semi arid region with large landmass and sparse population.

We also know that Yorubas claim to be the most educated/ sophisticated ethnic group in Nigeria, and hence enrole for tertiary education more than any other group.

Therefore, that we have more Igbos enrolling for JAMB can only mean three things:

1. That the Yorubas though populated are stark illiterates that don't have desire for tertiary education like Ndiigbo. Which of course renders your claim to "sophistication" a false propaganda we all knew it was anyway.

2. That Yorubas are still education inclined, but have less population than Ndiigbo, such that even when 90% of eligible Yorubas enroll for JAMB, just a 50% of Igbos that enroll will outnumber them and give a false impression of Igbos being more interested in education, when in actual sense, about 50% of Igbos still didn't enrol and will end up as non uni graduates, where as, only 10% of the Yorubas will end up as non uni graduates.

3. The Igbos are more in population than Yorubas, and still have a greater percentage of their population enrol for uni education than the Yorubas.

None of those scenarios look good for the Yorubas.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by macof(m): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
scholes0:

Quote any Census Figures you like..... but dont be bringing 1927 figures here... lol.
1n 1927, The Yoruba Identity (Question of what groups are actually Yoruba) hadn't even fully formed yet..... lool

gringrin he got nothing, why ddo stil waste time on that dunce

1 Like

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by scholes0(m): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
macof:

I'll just leave him alone....
I wonder how he keeps saying to himself that Igbos are about Double Yorubas in population, without even thinking twice about how stoupid that sounds...

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
scholes0:
This is another Statistical figure that gives a fairly rough Idea of Ethnic breakdown for the Big three......
It is the Figures for TOTAL Number of eligible voters by region (2014/2015) based on total number of people who registered themselves in each Zone of Nigeria......

http://jide-salu.com/2015/01/16/inec-nigeria-breakdown-of-voters-registration-by-state-calculate-your-2015-election-permutations/

Again, the SW figures remain consistent at around 20% of Nigeria.

Voters registration takes record of state of residence only and not state of Origin. This is what separates it from JAMB stats that takes record of state of Origin and not state of residence.

Again, voters registration exercise is highly politicized with alot of factors that is directly attached to the same politicized shadow 2006 population census.

Eg, a sparsely populated area in Jigawa, thanks to the bogus 2006 population census , gets assigned more polling units than a densely populated Abia( Aba), leading to overcrowding in polling units in Aba, which in turn scares most would be voters in Aba away, leading to low voters registration in the area, unlike Dutse with Less population than Aba, but thanks to the bogus 2006 population census, gets more polling units than Aba, and hence more registered voters as polling units become less congested.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
macof:

You have been warned, you have no monopoly to use of foul language. This is the second time you are using foul language on me. If you cant stand the heat, leave the kitchen. Any other attempt by you to denigrate my person, will be met with worst derogatory words, respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
scholes0:

On the contrary. The whites are quite meticulous people. More meticulous than those in the Zoo that have been unable to conduct an ethnic composition census since then, for they fear the truth.

The whites knew all Yoruba groups and included them in that ethnic group estimations. Most Yoruba groups in Ogun, Osun and present Oyo state were under Oyo empire, and where simply designated as Oyo. Independent groups like Ekiti were represented as single entities.

Igbo groups that would normally tell you they are not Igbos today for political reasons and gains were identified as Igbos and counted
as such by the colonials. They knew the groups.

You are simply trying to discredit that 1927 estimates, because, you are allergic to the truth, but either way, I will keep forcing it down your throat.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by scholes0(m): 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:

On the contrary. The whites are quite meticulous people. More meticulous that those in the Zoo that have been unable to conduct a ethnic composition census since then.

The whites knew all Yoruba groups and included them in that ethnic group estimations. Most Yoruba groups in Ogun, Osun and present Oyo state were under Oyo empire, and where simply designated as Oyo. Independent groups like Ekiti where represented as single entities.

Igbo groups that would normally tell you they are not Igbos today for political reasons and gains where identified as Igbos and counted
as such by the colonials. They knew the groups.

You are simply trying to discredit that 1927 estimates, because, you are allergic to the truth, but either way, I will keep forcing it down your throat.

Okay.... Show me the Ilajes, the Ikales, the Akokos, the Aworis, the Ijeshas and the Igbominas, The Okuns (Yagba) among others. in your census pls.
Patiently waiting.....
I have given you salient reasons why that 1927 census you keep talking about is faulty... but you wan form Rambo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
scholes0:

Scholes, ori e pe jare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 9:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
scholes0:

Okay.... Show me the Ilajes, the Ikales, the Akokos, the Aworis, the Ijeshas and the Igbominas, The Okuns (Yagba) among others. in your census pls.
Patiently waiting.....
I have given you salient reasons why that 1927 census you keep talking about is faulty... but you wan form Rambo.

Lol! Common sense should tell you that those groups were all probably counted under their nearest largest groups.

If you want to go that way, I can as well ask you where is Idemili, Orumba, Ekpon, Okigwe, Njikoka,Asa, Ohafia-Abriba, Bende, Umuahia groups, Dunukofia, Etche Igbo groups etc in that Igbo grouping.

But common sense should tell me that Idemili, Njikoka and Dunukofia groups were actually grouped under onitsha, even though Idemili and the rest were never ruled by Onitsha, neither do we consider ourselves onitsha. But we were simply grouped under onitsha for easy classification.

You have no case. As of 1927, the colonials knew all the ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by scholes0(m): 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! Common sense should tell you that those groups were all probably counted under their nearest largest groups.

We are quoting what are supposed to be FACTS here .... (except they are not)
Unless explicitly stated that these groups have been counted and lumped under Another, then Assuming so would be wrong.

The Ilajes for example are a riverine Yoruba people of Ondo state (What larger group were they enumerated as)?? The largest closese froups to them are the people of Ondo and environs (Ikales), who are again missing from the list..... note these are in no way small groups.
The Yagbas/Okuns are the Yorubas of Kogi state (who are missing).... They sure were not enumerated as Ekiti, because they are very different groups.. Again, the Akokos are completely missing. Infact As a whole, (Ondo state groups are totally absent)...

And in case you don't know, There were other census carried out under British rule, such as the one of 1952.
You can quote that one too, and bring it here for analysis.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
scholes0:

We are quoting what are supposed to be FACTS here .... (except they are not)
Unless explicitly stated that these groups have been counted and lumped under Another, then Assuming so would be wrong.

The Ilajes for example are a riverine Yoruba people of Ondo state (What larger group were they enumerated as)?? The largest closese froups to them are the people of Ondo and environs (Ikales), who are again missing from the list..... note these are in no way small groups.
The Yagbas/Okuns are the Yorubas of Kogi state (who are missing).... They sure were not enumerated as Ekiti, because they are very different groups.. Again, the Akokos are completely missing. Infact As a whole, (Ondo state groups are totally absent)...
But I'll just leave you alone at this point.
You are clutching at straws here. You don't expect all your mushroom groups to be counted as independent groups?

Where is Idemili, Dunukofia, Etche, Ohafia-Abriba, Orumba,Okigwe,Asa,Bende, etc, in the Igbo grouping?

Once again, you have no point.
Re: 2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group by scholes0(m): 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
pazienza:

You are clutching at straws here. You don't expect all your mushroom groups to be counted as independent groups?

Where is Idemili, Dunukofia, Awka, Ohafia-Abriba, Orumba,Okigwe,Asa,Bende, etc, in the Igbo grouping?

Once again, you have no point.

The groups I talked about are not mushroom groups Mr.
And since you said "I shouldn't expect all groups to be counted" by your dear colonialists, whom you claim are aware of all cultural groups in Nigeria..... Any sane person would therefore deem those figures wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic / What Is The Traditional Music From Your Town/state Like? / Looking For A Thread? Check Out These Links!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.