Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Your Opinion On Danfo Business. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your Opinion On Danfo Business. (1709 Views)

5 Reasons Why Tosyne2much Opinion On Mmm Should Be Ignored / .. / 5 Important Business Lessons I Learnt From Lagos Danfo Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by benosky(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hello guys. Pls i need your advice. Am planing to get a danfo and give it to a driver. How much will it cost me to get a good one that wont give me problem, and how lucrative nd safe is it. I heard that daily delivery is 8k, how tru is this? Mature advice pls.
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by koredex4love(m): 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
hmmm,,
my advice is not to discourage but to tell you never you try this danfo business if you are not the one to drive it. whoever told you they deliver 8k is your enemy and part of who are ready to make you regret your act.
the highest a danfo deliver is 6k depending on trips, if you are to get this be ready to spend more on the danfo for maintenance which am sure you will almost cry along the line,mind you , 2k is what most of them deliver . they will collide with mechanic and keep telling you clutch pad today ,carburettor tomorrow, lastman, vio,e.t.c will be excuse for not working in the day which will deprieve you of your expected amount. and before you know it, all you have been getting happy to safe on the danfo will be spend on these cooked up problems.
with these my analysis ,I beseech you to decide your next decision .
God bless our hustling.

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by benosky(m): 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
koredex4love:
hmmm,,
my advice is not to discourage but to tell you never you try this danfo business if you are not the one to drive it. whoever told you they deliver 8k is your enemy and part of who are ready to make you regret your act.
the highest a danfo deliver is 6k depending on trips, if you are to get this be ready to spend more on the danfo for maintenance which am sure you will almost cry along the line,mind you , 2k is what most of them deliver . they will collide with mechanic and keep telling you clutch pad today ,carburettor tomorrow, lastman, vio,e.t.c will be excuse for not working in the day which will deprieve you of your expected amount. and before you know it, all you have been getting happy to safe on the danfo will be spend on these cooked up problems.
God bless our hustling.
Noted. Tnx bro
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
koredex4love:
hmmm,,
God bless our hustling.
True Talk.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by Tmex(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2015
koredex4love:
hmmm,,
God bless our hustling.
there's no better way you could Ve adviced him, the op should just other biz , but ur experience about this danfo thing is a replica of what someone I knew also encoutered .
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by Teeneyo(m): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2015
koredex4love:
hmmm,,
God bless our hustling.
I agree with your point...bt it can b overcomed if u tell ur driver to always take ur vehicle to ur own trusted mechanic if there is any issue wif the vehicle.on the case of the vio....it is only if u or d driver don't meet some regulations,d only way to solve all this issue is to put a Clause in d agreement that if he doesn't deliver d stipulated amount 3 to 4 times daily in a month.he has rendered d agreement null and void and the vehicle is returned to you back.dont act 2 kind with them,handle them wif iron hands.for every problem there is a solution.d daily amount shud b 4-5k.hope I helped.
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by koredex4love(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2015
you make me smile with the bolded words.which mechanic is trusted,is there any mechanic that wants to do free service and this is why I am not a fan of "let me take mechanic along to buy cars",tell me which mechanic will want you to buy a perfect vehicle,how will make money to feed his own family?maybe you need to do your survey or research very well,which danfo driver wants to sign agreement with you?this is not keke marwa,that is the only one you manage to see someone to do that.and you talk about road agencies,let me just silent on that.
have you actually do the business before or someone explain to you,if you are not carful,them go still beat you join your danfo self or make they tell you say agbero commot this one and that.

Teeneyo:

I agree with your point...bt it can b overcomed if u tell ur driver to always take ur vehicle to ur own[b] trusted mechanic [/b]if there is any issue wif the vehicle.on the case of the vio....it is only if u or d driver don't meet some regulations,d only way to solve all this issue is to put a Clause in d agreement that if he doesn't deliver d stipulated amount 3 to 4 times daily in a month.he has rendered d agreement null and void and the vehicle is returned to you back.dont act 2 kind with them,handle them wif iron hands.for every problem there is a solution.d daily amount shud b 4-5k.hope I helped.
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by signature2012(m): 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
@op,ma dan wo....dont ever try it bro,except u are the one to drive it,am telling you this from personal and family experience.
This kind of biz can cause HPB.
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by Teeneyo(m): 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
koredex4love:
you make me smile with the bolded words.which mechanic is trusted,is there any mechanic that wants to do free service and this is why I am not a fan of "let me take mechanic along to buy cars",tell me which mechanic will want you to buy a perfect vehicle,how will make money to feed his own family?maybe you need to do your survey or research very well,which danfo driver wants to sign agreement with you?this is not keke marwa,that is the only one you manage to see someone to do that.and you talk about road agencies,let me just silent on that.
have you actually do the business before or someone explain to you,if you are not carful,them go still beat you join your danfo self or make they tell you say agbero commot this one and that.

U hav a problem wit trust..al tho I haven't don d business before,bt I know some1 dat does and he is makin it dere.nt all drivers are bad..you just hav to b stringent in lookin for dem,if d driver won't sign d agreement with u den find some1 dat does,look at d drivers appearance,is he married,does he hav kids,who are his guarantors,are they upstanding peeps,does he drink,womanize or smoke,all this points you hav to put into consideration,as per d mechanic,is it possible for d mechanic that has been repairing my car for some year just turn tail cus he just met d bus driver,dat is wat I mean by trusted mechanic,some1 u no very well and hav dealt wif im in d past.people are making it in dis business.business is all about risk.
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by donbabade: 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
The posters above me are right as per the human elements involved in the biz.
I would love to partner with u though.
I ll deliver 5k daily for 6 working days for volkswagen lt35 / 28 bus.
I can vouch for myself as a driver.
Thanks
benosky:
Hello guys. Pls i need your advice. Am planing to get a danfo and give it to a driver. How much will it cost me to get a good one that wont give me problem, and how lucrative nd safe is it. I heard that daily delivery is 8k, how tru is this? Mature advice pls.
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by koredex4love(m): 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
Teeneyo:

U hav a problem wit trust..al tho I haven't don d business before,bt I know some1 dat does and he is makin it dere.nt all drivers are bad..you just hav to b stringent in lookin for dem,if d driver won't sign d agreement with u den find some1 dat does,look at d drivers appearance,is he married,does he hav kids,who are his guarantors,are they upstanding peeps,does he drink,womanize or smoke,all this points you hav to put into consideration,as per d mechanic,is it possible for d mechanic that has been repairing my car for some year just turn tail cus he just met d bus driver,dat is wat I mean by trusted mechanic,some1 u no very well and hav dealt wif im in d past.people are making it in dis business.business is all about risk.

Since you are not the one that is doing this business makes less border to reply you,try and invest your own capital first,then come back and write your testimony.
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by pepe1: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
I have done the biz before.
It is very lucrative... only

If you the owner would either be the driver or conductor.

If you have your normal day to day biz situated along the bus route and have all the time to go to anywhere...because they will definitely tell you stories and you will have to move immediately to confirm that.

If you are a soldier or naval officer.

If you have a soldier boy at your beck and call who must be ready to move at any time.

You are a top NURTW/NARTO agbero or you know one.

I could go on...but permit to inform you that the biz is very lucrative and some of the danfo drivers have more than ten buses on the road.
Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by bayplus: 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
I believe the risk is far higher than the net rewards ( if any)

The two categories of people that can do the business successfully are uniformed men and Senior Agbero who is a retired driver himself.

Anyone else outside these two groups is a potential Hypertension Patient in a short while.

The truth is, mthe personalities in the danfo industry is full of hardened criminals.

I witnessed one terrible incident about 17 years ago at Obalende. Annaged man was sold into the Danfo business, he bought and gave it to a useles driver who looked very innocent. The agreement was for him to ply Obalende-Sansfield route. On a fateful Saturday, some people came to the park to charter Commercial bus to a wedding in Ilesha, Osun state, without informing the owner, he negotiated and took off with the vehicle, they got there safely and he had more than enough drinks overnight, he made attemp to drive back early the following morning while still drunk, on their way back, they had avoidable accident.

According to the sory, while coming back, he was contending the road with a 40ft truck, when he lost the balance, he ran into 3people standing at the bus stop somewhere in iwo road, ibadan and those victims died instantly. Because it was early on a sunday morning, not many people were on the road, Immediately, he realised what happened, he ran away and equally informed his two guarntors to do the same. When the police trace the details on the vehicle license where the address of the owner was discovered, . It was then the owner knew what hit him.

They could not find him and his two guarantor by Tuesday when the owner led the police to the guarantors house in Ajegunle, an Uncle of the driver and the other one, a friend of his, both had left their house with their families.

The Danfo was confiscated by the police as evedence and the owner was detained for over 2months despite his old age because the parent (a lawyer) of one of the victims who just finished his NYSC wanted Justice and couldn't believe the oldman when he told them he couldn't find the culprit driver. The man went through hell, when he was left off the hook, he couldnt even ask for his danfo again.

You may not believe my story but that is understandable, sometimes, we hear stories of how people are robbed and we believe we are smarter than those victims until we experience worst. People don't learn from others experience when their mind is made up.

If you buy the Danfo and the driver mis-bahave, and you sack him, replace him with a more horible driver, you cannot recover your money again, even if you attempt to sell 2weeks after you bought it, the alue may have dropped by 50% or more!

Head or tail, you can't win in the business if you don't fall intomone of the two categories mentioned above.

With all said and done, you can still cary go if younthink you have midas touch to solve allmthe anticipated challenges.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Danfo Business. by Ayus34(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
hmmm....danfo business is very lucrative but so many things attached to it or else u might curse d day u made d decision.
1)drive ur car
2)be a uniform man
3)be d conductor
4)ur mechanic must also be honest
5)u must be ready to forget gentility and be rough..... remember did is not office job.

u must consider all these options before u dare d business or else don't try it!!!
if you are looking for a profitable transport business without tension go into agro haulaging.
if u need deep insight knowledge about the biznes u can let me know.....though I might charge my consultancy fee.....I ve found out that free things re not valued!!

(1) (Reply)

Loetue 100% Pure Cocoa Powder Needs Distrubutors Call Now - 09036013288 / 2/10 / How My Friend Stole My Business Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.