Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,556 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:57 PM

I Gave My Kid A Slap - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Gave My Kid A Slap (2352 Views)

I Gave My Wife Money For Abortion / She Left Me After My Effort With My Kid / Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Gave My Kid A Slap by mamaput(f): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2006
And i feel so bad.
Some people may ask what is in a slap, my kids can count the slaps they have gotten from me on one hand.
Well this is what happened.
She has finished primary school and her new school started yesterday. I asked her to pick her bag lets go, she told me she was not going to take that bag to school , She wants a new bag Nike black or blue any colour but not red or green. (one strap ) side bag not a back bag.
Well she went with out a bag to school. And i got her her new bag,
Today as usual she really took her time getting dressed the sister was telling her to hurry up she did not want to go late and her friends will not wait for her.
I came out of my room and ask what is taking her so long she answered "live me alone" and my hand just Land on her face. It was not a hard slap but i did it.
She likes to delay alot and complain she has nothing to ware. But her wordrobe is busting with cloths.
But if she feels like pink and there is no pink at the moment then she will strike.
But now her sister cannot go late because of her.
The new school is futher away and i want them going together for the start

But i feel so bad.I even told her i will get up with her everyday to give her a slap she went to school crying.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Seun(m): 9:24am On Sep 21, 2006
Aww.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by iice(f): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2006
Awww mamaput.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by layi(m): 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2006
Ouch!!!!
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by donjazzie(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2006
after u slap am she come early ba?u nor do well mama put.make u go apoilogise sharply
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by GNature(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2006
Na impulse cause am
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Seun(m): 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2006
Now that we have emphatized, does Mamaput want more comments?
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Damsal(f): 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2006
don jazzie:

after u slap am she come early ba?u nor do well mama put.make u go apoilogise sharply

I want to believe that you wrote this statement in a hurry and didn't read through it before posting it, cause clearly you missed that fact that this is a KID Mamaput is talking about.

If she is going to grumble over the issue that she has nothing to wear when she clearly does or get angry and not go to school becasue she does not like the bag her mother picked put for her then she has got a lot of learning to do, Mamaput you have absolutely no apology to make. You are the mother and your daughter has to realise that you make the rules.
Maybe next time you shouldn't hit her so swiftly because on the occasions i've been slapped trust me i could curse in words i'd never use on a normal day but this helps her in the long run to learn about satisfaction. What about kids who have to learn to work from childhood for what they have to eat should they grumble and blame their parents for not having the money No, cause not everyone is given the chance not every one can be a lawyer or Doctor actually not everyone gets what they want

She's priviledge and should learn to realise that. I'll just suggest that next time maybe you should be a little slower with the slaps(Okay,and no slaps keep it to the butt) Please
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Seun(m): 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2006
@Damsal: I'm not in support of this slap, or slapping of children in general. It's almost always not necessary, and therefore very wrong. However I'm not going to preach on this thread. Mamaput just wants empathy.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by donjazzie(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2006
Damsal:

I want to believe that you wrote this statement in a hurry and didn't read through it before posting it, cause clearly you missed that fact that this is a KID Mamaput is talking about.

If she is going to grumble over the issue that she has nothing to wear when she clearly does or get angry and not go to school becasue she does not like the bag her mother picked put for her then she has got a lot of learning to do, Mamaput you have absolutely no apology to make. You are the mother and your daughter has to realise that you make the rules.
Maybe next time you shouldn't hit her so swiftly because on the occasions i've been slapped trust me i could curse in words i'd never use on a normal day but this helps her in the long run to learn about satisfaction. What about kids who have to learn to work from childhood for what they have to eat should they grumble and blame their parents for not having the money No, cause not everyone is given the chance not every one can be a lawyer or Doctor actually not everyone gets what they want

She's priviledge and should learn to realise that. I'll just suggest that next time maybe you should be a little slower with the slaps(Okay,and no slaps keep it to the butt) Please

u r for sure right i wrote that in a hurry and i'll like to just let you know dat no matter wat.who we are talkin abt here is a kid.this issue reminded mi while in one of ma classes we got discussin wit my faculty who had disciplinarian parents and he said anytime he made a mistake @ home he always got strokes of d cane for his mistakes,but something was always amiss he kept on repeating the same mistakes over and over and nevr stop being flogged.as a child he thot his parents hated him(which was far from the truth)so he didn't care wat ever happened cause to him anything he would do the consequences would be flogging.so he lived his life to come with terms that flogging was part of his life as a result he never got close to his parents until he became old but then it was kinda late for him to start frolicking around with his parents.no matter wat it is a child is a child and she is naive no matter the amount of slaps u give her she would still do d same thang.there are better ways of adressing such issues with kids like depriving them of some stuffs so they'll tend to know u r incharge.bt if mamaput apologises to the kid and talk to her that issue is addressed totally but if the same slaps happens over and over again,the kid would barely change and if it's anaughty kid might even start disrespecting her mum.i beleieve u were once a kid and u knew how u felt if u got smacked over and over again on a particulary issue by your parents.she's gotta apologise and look for a better way to address that issue.than slappin her daughter.even as a mother i know to some extent she didn't feel good abt her actions
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Damsal(f): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2006
I didn't say mamaput should slap her daughter for every wrong she does i'm just saying there are right circumstances when it is necessary. I know a kid presently who everytime i see her she brings out the worst in me cause she is rude, obnoxious, undiciplined, fat and has the most untrained mouth ever.

Okay i apologise for the use of the word fat, i told u this girl brings out the worst in me cheesy. But i do realise that beating a child consistently wouldn't make them any better. I just don't believe that mamaput should apologise.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by donjazzie(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2006
the slap has already been slapped(lol)
but more seriously she needs to make the kid feel back in place.it won't do no harm
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by ANGELX(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2006
hi guys, i believe theres always tme for every action.though excess makes it a personal addiction which automatically becomes a bad idea.
the kid might need correction but there r times u need 2 make him or her understand her faults without 'slaps'.then the correction would count cool
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by mamaput(f): 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2006
Well i felt bad about the slap but i did not say am sorry .
I had a vision of her going late to school every day and i lost control.
she always likes to delay even if she wakes up at 5 oclock she will not be ready by 7 becauses she has to talk to the cat or cannot find the yellow pant that will fit to her pink top or stupid things like that.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by mamaput(f): 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2006
I am ganist beating but all my kids know that i do not liketo talk too much ealy in the day.
Later i can take anything and talk to all lenghts
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by EmemJU(f): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2006
I guess this doesn't happen everyday. It's said when you beat a child with the righthand, you draw him to yourself with the left.
Let her understand why you did that. After really talking to her, I assure you she'l be the first to apologise.
Remember this is about the only stage you can shape her behaviour.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Rhea(f): 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2006
Only one slap? Why not give her a very good knock on the head as well.

It's quite difficult (often impossible) to reason with kids at such a tender age. Grab a cane, and they'll align instantly. Then with time, you can relax the cane and start preaching. People in the diaspora will quickly cut me off here though. (My neighbour will call the cops [size=6pt][/size]grin cheesy)

It will take a miracle for my kids not to get whacked once in a while. I was brought up that way. Years back, I got 12 lashes of the bulalah on my creamy butt for getting a D in english language.

Now look what I turned out to be grin
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Seun(m): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2006
You turned out to be someone who is very happy to hit a child. Is that what you call turning out well?
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by donjazzie(m): 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2006
Seun:

You turned out to be someone who is very happy to hit a child. Is that what you call turning out well?
lol
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by ladykool(f): 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2006
haha hahahhah
lol dat was funny
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by mamaput(f): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2006
Slapping or beating is the easy way out.
I was already in a bad mood because i had had a hard days work the day b4 ,.
And 2 i do not like to talk too much in the morning.
My big daughter knows that for long and in the good old days when she was still coming home with bad notes she used to bring them to me in the morning to sign because she knew i will sign with out talking to her on it and by the time i come back in the evening i am already relaxed not to be mad about it.
The kids can talk and i listen but only what is nesessary "i need money for this" or after school i want to go here or there" or what ever .
I only want yes and no answers and no long talk. so when she said live me alone , that was something that will lead to long talk for me. I cannot take it at that time of the day.
Thats why i also work late.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Seun(m): 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2006
If you had asked for advice, I'll have said an apology is the best option since you know you did something that's below your personal standard of parenting. Since you don't believe in what you did as being the correct way.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by mamaput(f): 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2006
Seun she already dealt with me.
I ask her to meet me in the Town in my break time to buy her new books.
Guess what she missed her bus because she forgot the time , so i ended up waiting one hour for her at the bus stop to get the next bus. And on top of that i almost went late for work. my whole break was used in rushing the shopping.
I asked her if that was my punishment she just laughed,.But she embraced me and gave me a kiss.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by ladykool(f): 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2006
@mamaput
i know slapping is tempting for parents when they go angry but i dont think is good for u to apologise
well, i dont think so i think the best way for u to handle it is sit her down and tell her wat she did is wrong they is nothing bad in it and you dont know how she feels, why she said that, so i think u need to talk to her and find out
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by mamaput(f): 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2006
I did not say sorry to her (am not that mad)
and i know why she said it. her sister was getting on her nerves asking her to hurry up.
my second daughter can nag alot . But this time she did not want to go late,
An example.:
I ask the last one to brush her teeth. She dose not go. NR 2 daughter will start nagging her to go and brush.
<NR one or nr 3 give me a time they are coming home.Nr 2 the nag will now nag me that its *** oclock and they are not back should she phone . And she will go on and on and on.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by ladykool(f): 11:19pm On Sep 22, 2006
she has a phone so why dont she phone and kids they like to have their privacy they dont like their parent knowing wat they are doing. like when i was in secondary skool too thats how i was i do that a lot i dont like ma family to know were i am and when i come back late they start shouting at me so i guess u should just watch them and monitor them cuz is frm small kids start behaving badly
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by mamaput(f): 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2006
She is my child not my co wife or mother.
if anyone is comming late then its my biz i do not need one of the kids reporting and reminding me of the time every 5 minutes.
In fact am worried about it because if she gose on like that she will never be happy in any relationship.
I rather my kids do not even talk to me when i come home, than meet me at the door b4 i even sit down to report who did what.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by kiki(f): 12:41am On Sep 23, 2006
@ Damsal
i am really dissapointed so what if it is a kid don't u know kidz remember things alot and it makes them hate u tho i know she did an bad thing but she need to make her realize what she did is wrong by delayin her sistaer and that she didn't mean to slap her and for her saying this doesn't mean next time i ain't gon whoop u but be cosiderate it takes a lil talk to make a child feel bad cos if she continues slappin her like that it will get to a point the child will change and u will not like it
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Damsal(f): 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2006
kiki:

@ Damsal
i am really dissapointed so what if it is a kid don't u know kidz remember things alot and it makes them hate u tho i know she did an bad thing but she need to make her realize what she did is wrong by delayin her sistaer and that she didn't mean to slap her and for her saying this doesn't mean next time i ain't gon whoop u but be cosiderate it takes a lil talk to make a child feel bad because if she continues slappin her like that it will get to a point the child will change and u will not like it

Okay em, i've been beaten for not wearing the right shoe as according to my mum, i've been beating for my brothers not flushing the toilet in their room, i've been smacked for accepting money from my mum's friend, i've been locked out at midnight when i was going to school the next day and once my mum caught me talking to a boy in our nieghbourhood (whose mum is my mum's friend) and brought out a cane and decided to give the two of us the beating of our lives FOR TALKING.

i can't remember occassions on which my mum has beaten me when i was little but trust me she has, casue i do remeber a time when my bother and i were going to teach her a lesson and so we tied a string to a chair so when she was going into the kitchen so that she would trip but well that plan never worked casue the string was very thin and we had not planned well.

My point is this kid is in primary school these are memories she's going to forget, all the ones i remember happened to me at a teenage level, and as Mamaput said the girl later on hugged her all these things have absolutely no effect on her casue they are very minimal. Now my mum has aplogised to me only once ever and that was casue she beat me so hard the neighbours came over and had to stop her. These certainly have dire effects cause now when i sit in a room with my mum the conversation is often onesided casue i tend to watch what i say to her. Now my point is this is far much more than just a slap, if you think Mamaput should apologise what should i do take my mum to court for a sentence.
I mean i once vowed never to hit my kid but after coming here i realised that if you don't give a kid a warning you as a parent would just be taken for a ride.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by unit(f): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2006
@mamaput
i had the strictest mum growing up as a child it was so bad my lil sister used to tell her friends my mum wasn't her mother that's why she is dark skinned n different from the rest of us but trust me my mum knew all her kids n knew them well i.e she knew the evils we were capable of doing but all she did which includes beating,slapping n threats were to make us better people for ourselves n she did cause no one i repeat no one loves like a mother does.i was closer to my dad as a child n his still my best friend on earth but my mum n i have a special bond no one can break she loves me in such a way no one can,i still call her when am broke n she's always got my back.If my mum wasn't strict i would have turn out wayward but my mum saw all these n clamped down on all i could do n today am grateful to her.
A child's first fears are of parents before any other person even God
From all i ve read about you n yours kids mamaput you know them n their capabilities
so do what you can to keep them on the straight n narrow.
if you dont curb their excess now they will pay for it one day n blame you.My dear mum had a problem going early for everything except our exams n today i go late for every thing except job interviews
so do the best you can for them n they will thank you someday
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by kiki(f): 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2006
Damsal:

Okay em, i've been beaten for not wearing the right shoe as according to my mum, i've been beating for my brothers not flushing the toilet in their room, i've been smacked for accepting money from my mum's friend, i've been locked out at midnight when i was going to school the next day and once my mum caught me talking to a boy in our nieghbourhood (whose mum is my mum's friend) and brought out a cane and decided to give the two of us the beating of our lives FOR TALKING.

i can't remember occassions on which my mum has beaten me when i was little but trust me she has, casue i do remeber a time when my bother and i were going to teach her a lesson and so we tied a string to a chair so when she was going into the kitchen so that she would trip but well that plan never worked casue the string was very thin and we had not planned well.

My point is this kid is in primary school these are memories she's going to forget, all the ones i remember happened to me at a teenage level, and as Mamaput said the girl later on hugged her all these things have absolutely no effect on her casue they are very minimal. Now my mum has aplogised to me only once ever and that was casue she beat me so hard the neighbours came over and had to stop her. These certainly have dire effects cause now when i sit in a room with my mum the conversation is often onesided casue i tend to watch what i say to her. Now my point is this is far much more than just a slap, if you think Mamaput should apologise what should i do take my mum to court for a sentence.
I mean i once vowed never to hit my kid but after coming here i realised that if you don't give a kid a warning you as a parent would just be taken for a ride.

trust me she's not gon forget see all u said u got ur ass whooped for talkin to a boy well next time when u want to talk to a boy u gon go somewhere else to do it the whoopin u had will not stop u from talkin to a boy all i'm sayin is if a child keep getting whooped by his or her parent that will draw the child farther away from the parent and their are somethings the parents are suppose to know about the child that they won't get to know cos the child gon feel like i'm gon get my ass whoped for that is like when a child want to have a boyfriend the first person that is suppose to know about it is d mum but when the child knows the consequences then she gon do it at d back of the mama later the mama gon start screamin d child is pregnant i don't blame the kid cos she would av told u but she knows wat was gon happen so she decided not to talk to the mum so a lil talk with kidz somtimes don't hurt em that much atleast they'll know their mum is there for them to talk to but but when the mum is always whoopin them wat d hell do u think
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Rhea(f): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2006
Seun:

Not quite boss.

Just delete the 'happy' part, make it 'my child' and not just 'a child',

and

bulls-eye.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Frank Edoho, A Divorcee, Anchors Gov Rochas' Daughter's Wedding / Cussons Baby #capture The Moment Contest / What Should I Do To Gain More Weight? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.