Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Connecting Android To PC Wifi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Connecting Android To PC Wifi (775 Views)

I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned / How To Share VPN Network From Mobile To PC Using DF Tethering Fix App / How To Send Files From An Android To Iphone Using Xender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Connecting Android To PC Wifi by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hello, Technicians and gurus in the house,
I have this connectivity issue thats been giving me migraine for the past few days, i normally have ample data on my PC, with MTN modem (Huawei E153), so recently i felt it was a no-brainer subscribing on my phone (Samsung s3, 1747). So, i decided to connect my phone to the PC wifi, all to no avail. Interestingly, i can detect other wifi from my PC, and also from my phone, but i have not been able to detect my PC wifi with my phone. i have browsed different websites and tried different solutions, no way. I thought maybe i can post in a a forum like this, so i can interact.
Another problem is that i do not know how to extract my wifi password, maybe i can be helped with that too
i will appreciate any useful help
Re: Connecting Android To PC Wifi by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
I think the only way to make it possible is to make ur PC an hotspot. U can do this by google-ing applications that can do that. Once installed, ur phone wuld c ur pc as an hotspot.
Connectify is a perfect example, download it below.
Thank Me Later

Connectify Installer: http://downloads2.connectify.me/?v=2015.0.5&src=

1 Like

Re: Connecting Android To PC Wifi by ITbomb(m): 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Search for Connectify (full version 16 up) and install. It is the simplest means to share wifi from pc.

Create the hotspot, choose WPA2... as security, put your 8 alphanumeric passkey and activate

To connect phone wifi to pc, check here www.ityunit.com/2015/05/how-to-connect-to-or-create-wi-fi.html
Re: Connecting Android To PC Wifi by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
ITbomb:
Search for Connectify (full version 16 up) and install. It is the simplest means to share wifi from pc.

Create the hotspot, choose WPA2... as security, put your 8 alphanumeric passkey and activate

To connect phone wifi to pc, check here www.ityunit.com/2015/05/how-to-connect-to-or-create-wi-fi.html
that is one of the problems i have, i do not know how to extract my wifi password
Re: Connecting Android To PC Wifi by ewizard1: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
7Alexander:

that is one of the problems i have, i do not know how to extract my wifi password

Noooo...

Download connectify, install and open the program. You would be asked to set a password. Then use u
ur phone to search for wifi, enter the password and get connected.

1 Like

Re: Connecting Android To PC Wifi by ewizard1: 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
ITbomb:

Connectify has version 16? I know the latest version to be 9.
Re: Connecting Android To PC Wifi by ITbomb(m): 1:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
ewizard1:

Connectify has version 16? I know the latest version to be 9.
You are right, my mind was on a IDM download I was on
Re: Connecting Android To PC Wifi by yemmybx(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
please should I download the app "CONNECTIFY ME" on my Android phone OR my PC

thanks.
Re: Connecting Android To PC Wifi by yemmybx(m): 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
ITbomb:

You are right, my mind was on a IDM download I was on
please should I download the app
"CONNECTIFY ME" on my Android phone OR
my PC

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note For Sale In Enugu / Tecno Camon C8 Now Live On Jumia / Battery Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.