Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,849 members, 7,806,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine (6277 Views)

Tokunbo Engine For Honda Bulldog / Camry 2.4L Grade 1 Tokunbo Engine / Pls How Much Is Rav 4 2004 Tokunbo Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by uridadole: 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
I have a carena E auto. The story of my engine is long but advice is needed on how to get a reliable tokunbo engine this time. I have bought twice and there are issues each time.
I am in Kogi and there is only one dealer whose stock was only three as at the time I got there. I have no confidence in any of the three especially that I have bitter experience in the first two I bought.
A friend suggested looking for engine from accidented cars but how and where? I don't mind travelling to lagos but I need clear advice on where to get reliable engine and at what likely price.

Any idea shared with me will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by colossus2: 5:45am On Jun 28, 2015
It is never advisable for you to go alone to purchase an engine if you are a novice or without a good and trusted mechanic.
If you intend going to lagos, gazzuzz can help you out 08033910382, 08023251039.
All the best man.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by Whizpeter(m): 8:12am On Jun 28, 2015
Always go with a reliable mechanic whenever you want to buy any auto parts you don't know much about.. Most especially the Engine and transmission.. Since you don't mind coming down to lagos, do as the person above said, contact Gazzuzz and your problems are as good as over..
Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by riadecoker(f): 8:29am On Jun 28, 2015
your best bet to to have it purchased directly from the reconditioned factory direct in europe or usa depending on the model of the car then you will have peace of mind but the only difference with be the logistic and price difference

http://www.247spares.co.uk/engines/toyota/carina_e

Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by uridadole: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
Thanks a lot.
I never bought the engine alone. I have gone with good mechanic and the engine we bought each time looked and felt so good. That's why I mentioned accidented car engine. But generally, can I get a satisfatory engine in Lagos may be ladipo? Wht shld my budget be like?

Will there be any form of guarantee?
Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
uridadole:
I have a carena E auto. The story of my engine is long but advice is needed on how to get a reliable tokunbo engine this time. I have bought twice and there are issues each time.
I am in Kogi and there is only one dealer whose stock was only three as at the time I got there. I have no confidence in any of the three especially that I have bitter experience in the first two I bought.
A friend suggested looking for engine from accidented cars but how and where? I don't mind travelling to lagos but I need clear advice on where to get reliable engine and at what likely price.

Any idea shared with me will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

What type of engine?

3s-fe or 4a-fe, or 7a-fe?

You don't have to travel to lagos, iv sent a lot of engines to Nlers all over Nigeria, contact me if you want me to purchase ans send you an engine.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
@gazzuzz how much can I get a Toyota corolla engine 2007 model
Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07am On Mar 23, 2016
leorayvon:
@gazzuzz how much can I get a Toyota corolla engine 2007 model

engine type?
Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
1zz 1.8l
Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by Akinadeisaac2: 10:07pm On May 26, 2021
Pls I need advices,I have 2003 Corolla with a Smoky engine but I had ringed it once but it wasn't up to 4months before I had an accident which was on Salah day when Muslims were celebrating their fasting.however I had fixed the car and tried my possible best to make the engine ok infact I bought something from jumi a called resur engine restorer but it still didn't prevent the smoke while I was planning to sell the car out just because of the smoke but the A.C is chilling very well,and I never worked on the ac before..
Therefore I was told not to sell the car but only change the engine,but I don't know any idea of buying engine and don't know the price?
Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by Dododawa01: 5:02pm On May 27, 2021
Don't sell d car but you can change d engine. Contact Gazzuz, he will give u better advice wheda to ring d engine once again or buy new engine but u will b fine 99.9% after d repair
Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by Jademimah: 5:46pm On May 27, 2021
Pls how much is 406 Peugeot Su10 engine
Re: Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine by emmancecute(m): 12:48am On May 28, 2021
Jademimah:
Pls how much is 406 Peugeot Su10 engine
should be around 100k or less for the engine alone, engine, gear box and other accessories i.e (complete) should be less than 150k.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

South Africa To Acquire Rights To Produce Nigerian Cars. / Advantages Of Oven Baked Car Painting Over Non-oven Baked? / Which Car Should Go First? (IMAGE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.