Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,144 members, 7,780,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:21 AM

Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) (985 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Bank Verification Number (BVN) And Crowded Banks (photos) / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) by zumen(m): 1:56am On Jun 28, 2015
Bank Verification Number, BVN, is a CBN initiative to check fraud in the banking system by giving every customer in the Nigerian banking system a unique identification number that can be verified across all banks in Nigeria.

Below are things You Need To Know About the bank verification Number which in past week has caused a huge congestion in our banks Nation side.

1.Your BVN gives you a unique identity that can be verified across ALL Nigerian Banks (it is not peculiar to one Bank)

2.Your Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access

3.It reduces fraudulent activities on bank accounts

4.Gives easy access to Banking operations

5.Your BVN is accepted as a means of identification across ALL Nigerian Banks

6.Registration in one bank covers all accounts the individual might have in all other banks

7.The deadline for registration is Tuesday, 30th June, 2015.

8. A small temporary registration acknowledgement slip will be issued to you, followed by an email or SMS conveying a similar information.

9.A BVN identification card with a computer chip bearing your embedded personal information will be issued to you for collection at your designated bank branch.

10.BVN registration is for individual account holders for the meantime till further notice.

11.Registration in one bank covers all accounts the individual might have in all other banks.

12. Its free

Read more of such article @ : http://zumiinfo.com/things-you-need-to-know-about-bank-verification-number-bvn/
Re: Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 28, 2015
Okay...
Over 1/4 of banking population haven't done it till now...
Re: Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) by dominique(f): 3:10am On Jun 28, 2015
What are the requirements to get this BVN? I called the customer care of my bank but was on the line for almost 7 minutes, nobody responded.

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) by ogoplus: 8:36am On Jun 28, 2015
dominique:
What are the requirements to get this BVN? I called the customer care of my bank but was on the line for almost 7 minutes, nobody responded.

@dominique.... No special requirements....Just walk into any branch of your bank(s) and ask. I did mine 3 weeks ago. It took less than 30 minutes

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) by dominique(f): 8:46am On Jun 28, 2015
ogoplus:

@dominique.... No special requirements....Just walk into any branch of your bank(s) and ask. I did mine 3 weeks ago. It took less than 30 minutes

Ok thanks. I'll dedicate tomorrow for it
Re: Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) by ogoplus: 9:47am On Jun 29, 2015
First Bank account holders can also submit their BVN obtained from other banks online (no need to go to the banking hall).
Kudos to FBN

http://firstbanknigeria.com/

Re: Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) by barry40: 9:56am On Jun 29, 2015
[size=18pt]Thanks for this information. It will educate the mass populace.
For your daily entrepreneurial tips, ideas and education, visit www.businessinfohub.com
[/size]
Re: Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN ) by gudtalentgt(m): 7:17am On Jul 10, 2015
THE BENEFITS OD DOING YOUR BVN

1: Bank verification number (BVN) gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank)

2: Standardized efficiency of Banking operations
for more details, click the link below http:///1LZq87D

(1) (Reply)

PACKAGED Water Treatment Plant / Putting The Records Straight...what I Know About Remita / T.B. Joshua's Absence Affects Local Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.