Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:20 PM

The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. (3805 Views)

According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 9:28am On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
How many stalls and horsemen?

1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for
his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses
and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he
bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

The bible is The Word of God in the words of men”. Forty thousands and forty, does it matter to our salvation?
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Random75: 9:57am On Jun 28, 2015
jcross19:
yes its confusing to mere one sided thinker. You won't understand if you don't wan to and it remain confused to you.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Islam is the only true religion. All the responses the op is getting are baseless.

This one says blue
That one says purple and you are still telling him that he doesn't have the spirit and nonsense like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 10:17am On Jun 28, 2015
Princecalm:
one must understand that the people who wrote most of the books in the Bible never witness the real happenings and so only wrote on assuptions and accounts given by other people. Writers like St Luke, st Mark and other never met Christ nor witness the happenings of what they wrote about.

That makes the bible unreliable.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 10:19am On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
Is it foolishness to be wise or not?

PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that
increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1CO 1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

check the context of each verse you quote , 1corinthans 1:19 was talking about the message of the cross is foolish for people like you,and when ever you see "it is writing" it mean a prophecy is being fullfiled.
As we preach the message of the cross to the unbelievers, they render it foolishness

Ecc 1:18
Verse 18. - For in much wisdom is much
grief. The more one knows of men's lives, the deeper insight one obtains of their actions and circumstances, the greater is the cause of grief at the incomplete and unsatisfactory nature of all human affairs. He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow; not in others, but in himself. http://biblehub.com/commentaries/pulpit/ecclesiastes/1.htm
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2015
Jeffboi:
Carnally. Minded people don't understand the things of the spirit

Simple.

Pray the holy spirit should lead you

Or you remain confused ever.

I like this comment. cheesy

So, bros, please tell me which of the thousands of churches is been led by the holy spirit?

Its not possible for the holy spirit to be leading them to different direction, you know?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:

Can God be seen

EXO 24:9,10; AMO 9:1; GEN 26:2; and JOH 14:9

God CAN be seen:

"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my
backparts." (EXO 33:23)

"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (EXO 33:11)

"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (GEN 32:30)

God CANNOT be seen:

"No man hath seen God at any time." (JOH 1:18)

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no
man see me and live." (EXO 33:20)

"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1TIM 6:16)
God didn't literally talk face to face with Moses, for no man can see God's face and live (Exodus 33:20). This is a figurative expression intended to convey the intimacy of their relationship that is captured in the phrase,"as a man speaketh unto his friend" (verse 11).
Exodus 33:11 intimates not only that God revealed himself to Moses with greater clearness than to any other of the prophets, but also with greater
expressions of particular kindness than to any other. He spake not as a prince to a subject, but as a man to his friend, whom he loves, and with whom he takes sweet counsel. The communications made by God to Moses were not by visions, ecstacies, dreams,
inward inspirations, or the mediation of angels, but with familiarity and confidence with which the Divine Being treated his servant.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 10:37am On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

So, bros, please tell me which of the thousands of churches is been led by the holy spirit?

Its not possible for the holy spirit to be leading them to different direction, you know?
do you know the work of the holy spirit? The holy spirit don't override your decision, the holy spirit convict sinner.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 10:42am On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
Judas died how?

"And he (Judas) cast down the pieces of silver in the temple,
and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief
priests...bought with them the potter's field." (MAT 27:5)

"Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out." (ACT 1:18)
in matthew judas hang himself and in act1:18" he FALL headlong, he burst asunder" from were did judas fall ? the rope broke first.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 10:45am On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
Did those with Saul/Paul at his conversion hear a voice?

ACT 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood
speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

ACT 22:9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and
were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to
me.

Why the contraction?
The Greek word for "hear" (#191 akouo) is used in
two Greek cases in these two verses. The genitive case is the sense of "being aware but not understanding", whereas the other is in the sense of "you heard it."
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 10:45am On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
do you know the work of the holy spirit? The holy spirit don't override your decision, the holy spirit convict sinner.

So, the dude I quoted was talking trash, isn't it??

How come this holy spirit is yet to convict the catholic church or the Jehovah witness ? After all, you believe they are sinners, aren't they?

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2015
sexynabila:
my bothet i tire too...d one dat got me confused d most, was d one jesus said dt , he has not come to abolished the law of d prophet but to fulfill it...wat abt dt particular law of d prophet dat says "an eye for an eye"....but jesus instructed us dt if are been slapped we shuld turn d other side to be slapped....so dnt understnd how dis two laws fulfill each other...
Jesus explained that the moral commandments were not to be followed merely to the letter of the law, but also to the intent of the law. So, it was not enough to abstain from adultery, but God required that one not even look
on a woman with lust (Matthew 5:27-28).
Likewise,it is not enough to abstain from
murder, but God requires that nobody
hate another without cause, with calling
another person "a fool" making one
guilty enough to suffer the judgment of
Hell (Matthew 5:21-22). So God's laws
require not only perfect performance,
but also perfect attitude and motive.

When Jesus is said to have fulfilled the
law, it means that>>>>
HE PERFECTLY KEPT THE LAW AND HE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW, AND NEVER SINNED

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

How come this holy spirit is yet to convict the catholic church or the Jehovah witness ? After all, you believe they are sinners, aren't they?

let me explained myself again, the spirit don't override someone decision, if your decision is to abandoned your believe in God, there will be thought in your mind that will keep on saying, "are you doing the wrong or right thing?" this is how the spirit convict you.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 10:58am On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

read the blunder made by muhammed here https://www.nairaland.com/2409052/explanation-wanted
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 11:04am On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
let me explained myself again, the spirit don't override someone decision, if your decision is to abandoned your believe in God, there will be thought in your mind that will keep on saying, "are you doing the wrong or right thing?" this is how the spirit convict you.

My question still stand, or else you want to tell me the holy spirit duty according to the bibleis not to guide believers.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 11:06am On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
read the blunder made by muhammed here https://www.nairaland.com/2409052/explanation-wanted

Mtshewww. same old crap.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 11:06am On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
Who Moved David to anger? God or Satan?

II SAMUEL 24: And again the anger of the LORD was kindled
against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go,
number Israel and Judah.

I CHRONICLES 21: And SATAN stood up against Israel, and
provoked David to number Israel.
http://www.gotquestions.org/David-census.html

The parallel account of the
incident surrounding the census reveals
it was Satan who incited David to take
the census: “Satan rose up against Israel
and incited David to take a census of
Israel” ( 1 Chronicles 21:1). However, the
wording of 2 Samuel 24:1 says that it was
God who “moved David” to take the
census. This discrepancy can be
explained by the understanding that
sometimes God sovereignly permits
Satan to act in order to achieve His
purposes. God uses Satan in various
ways, among them the refining,
disciplining and purification of
disobedient believers ( Luke 22:31-32; 1
Corinthians 5:1-5; 2 Corinthians 12:7-10).
Such is the case with David. God allowed
Satan to tempt him, and David sinned,
revealing his pride and allowing God to
deal with him for it.
As to why God was angry at David, in
those times, a man only had the right to
count or number what belonged to him.
Israel did not belong to David; Israel
belonged to God. In Exodus 30:12 God
told Moses, “When you take a census of
the Israelites to count them, each one
must pay the LORD a ransom for his life
at the time he is counted. Then no
plague will come on them when you
number them.” It was up to God to
command a census, and if David counted
he should only do it at God's command,
receiving a ransom to "atone" for the
counting. This is why God was angry
again with Israel and is also why David
was “conscience-stricken” after he
counted Israel. David knew it was wrong
and begged God to take away the guilt of
his sin ( 2 Samuel 24:10).
God gave David a choice of three
punishments for his sin—three years of
famine, three months of fleeing before
his enemies, or three days of plague.
David chose the third, and the Lord then
punished Israel with a plague which
killed 70,000 men from Dan in the north
to Beersheba in the south. As for why
God punished the whole nation for the
sin of the king, that is exactly the
question David asked in v. 17. Why,
when he was the one who had sinned,
did the people have to suffer? He even
requested that God’s hand be against
him and his family only, and that God
would spare the people. But as with the
account of Job, God chose not to give a
reason for His actions. Perhaps it was
because of Israel’s multiplied sins and
rebellion against God throughout the
centuries. Perhaps it was a lesson to the
people (and to us as well) that the people
suffer when their leaders go astray. The
reality is that God didn’t justify His
actions with a reason, nor does He have
to.
The psalmist tells us, “As for God, His way
is perfect” ( Psalm 18:30). If God’s ways
are “perfect,” then we can trust that
whatever He does—and whatever He
allows—is also perfect. This may not
seem possible to us, but our minds are
not God’s mind. It is true that we can’t
expect to understand His mind perfectly,
as He reminds us “For my thoughts are
not your thoughts, neither are your ways
my ways, says the LORD. For as the
heavens are higher than the earth, so
are my ways higher than your ways and
my thoughts than your thoughts” ( Isaiah
55:8-9). Nevertheless, our responsibility
to God is to obey Him, to trust Him and
to submit to His will, whether we
understand it or not.
As we see in 2 Samuel 24:16 God was
grieved because of the things that were
happening to His people and called off
the punishment. Even through His
rebuke God still shows His love and
mercy.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 11:13am On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

My question still stand, or else you want to tell me the holy spirit duty according to the bibleis not to guide believers.
how do you guys reason at time? Did you read comment with blind mind? The eye is of no used when the mind is blind.

I am a criminal but God will not force me to give it up, He will convict me that what I am doing is wrong. God has already declared us righteous, but WE must WORK to live what God has already declared us to be.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 11:14am On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Mtshewww. same old crap.
you have nothing to say there.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

The holy spirit is our companion. So he's everywhere not necessary in the church grin
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Medicis(m): 11:41am On Jun 28, 2015
1 Corinthians 2:14 ►
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Verse 14. - The natural man. The Greek word is ψυχικὸς (psychical); literally, soulish, i.e. the man who lives the mere life of his lower understanding, the unspiritual, sensuous, and egoistic man. He may be superior to the fleshly, sensual, or carnal man, who lives only the life of the body (σωματικὸς); but is far below the spiritual man (πνευματικός). St. Paul (1 Thessalonians 5:23) recognizes the tripartite nature of man - body, soul, spirit. Receiveth not; i.e. "does not choose to accept." He judges them by the foregone conclusions of his own prejudice. Because they are spiritually judged. The organ for the recognition of such truths - namely, the spirit - has become paralyzed or fallen into atrophy, from neglect; therefore the egoist and the sensualist have lost the faculty whereby alone spiritual truth is discernible. It becomes to them what painting is to the blind, or music to the deaf. This elementary truth is again and again insisted on in Scripture, and ignored by sceptics (Romans 8:6, 7; John 3:3; John 6:44, 45; John 14:17; 2 Corinthians 4:3-6). This verse is sometimes used to depreciate knowledge, reason, and intellect.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
how do you guys reason at time? Did you read comment with blind mind? The eye is of no used when the mind is blind.

I am a criminal but God will not force me to give it up, He will convict me that what I am doing is wrong. God has already declared us righteous, but WE must WORK to live what God has already declared us to be.

Your problem is, you always find it hard to comprehend simple questions. . so, you are still affirming to the underlined and you find it hard to answer this question?

How come this holy spirit is yet to convict the
catholic church or the Jehovah witness ? After all,
you believe they are sinners, aren't they?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
you have nothing to say there.

I swear to God, I have a lot to say. But of what benefit will it be for a stiffnecked being that you are?

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I swear to God, I have a lot to say. But of what benefit will it be for a stiffnecked being that you are?
NO, if you cannot convinced me, you can convinced other muslims who are reading.

If the holy spirit convict the catholic, he is a sinner and needed the mercy of God, but the catholic refused to heed to the warning, do you think the spirit will imposed His will on him (the catholic)?
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
NO, if you cannot convinced me, you can convinced other muslims who are reading.

And what makes you think other muslims are gullible ignorant folks like you?

If the holy spirit convict the catholic, he is a sinner and needed the mercy of God, but the catholic refused to heed to the warning, do you think the spirit will imposed His will on him (the catholic)?

What makes you think they refused to heed to warning being the fact that Catholic Church is the world's largest single religious body and the largest Christian church, comprising over half of all Christians ( 1.1 billion Christians of 2.1 billion ) ? Is it possible that 1.1 billion people wouldnt heed to this alleged holy spirit?
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Orunto: 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
No. Go back, pray and read Genesis, Psalms, Daniel, Gospel of John, Hebrew and Revelation. Remember I say Pray before you read each one of them.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by kinggenesis(m): 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hahahahaha! indeed. The bible was written for spirits. I believe you.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

And what makes you think other muslims are gullible ignorant folks like you?

What makes you think they refused to heed to warning being the fact that Catholic Church is the world's largest single religious body and the largest Christian church, comprising over half of all Christians ( 1.1 billion Christians of 2.1 billion ) ? Is it possible that 1.1 billion people wouldnt heed to this alleged holy spirit?
why are mine not surprise!!! In your opinion, NUMBERS matter the most with God and not GENUINE FAITH. Many are called but FEW are chosen.

View the thread and see how your fellow muslims fail woefully!!!
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Medicis(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
How many stalls and horsemen?

1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for
his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses
and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he
bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

1KI 4:26 ''OF HORSES''. 2CH 9:25. ''FOR HORSES''. You get Spiritual cataract nii?The two passages describe different types of stalls

1 Kings 4:26 says:
“Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen”.

2 Chronicles 9:25 says:
“Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen”.

The two verses do not contradict because they describe different types of stalls.  The stalls in 1 Kings 4:26 were "of horses" which were used for chariots and by horsemen.  Nothing in this verse says that these stalls were for the chariots.  On the other hand, the stalls in 2 Chronicles 9:25 were for "horses and chariots".  Such a stall to house both horses and chariots would not have been as numerous as stalls to house just horses because there is always a smaller ratio of chariots to horses.  In fact, 2 Chronicles 1:14 says there were 1,400 chariots.  Hence it makes sense that there would be less of these stalls that were capable of storing both horses and chariots.

Whereas 2 Chronicles 9:25 describes the purpose of the stalls (i.e. "stalls for...."wink, 1 Kings 4:26 describes the purpose of the horses (i.e. "horses for...."wink.  In saying that the purpose of the horses was for Solomon's "chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen" (interpreting the "twelve thousand horsemen" as part of the conjunctive list belonging with "chariots"wink, 1 Kings 4:26 effectively links the horses to items of which we know the numbers.  If these horses were for 1,400 chariots (2 Chronicles 1:14) and 12,000 horsemen, the number of horses would have been considerably large.  Even with the conservative assumption of 2 horses per chariot and 1 horse per horseman, the number of horses needed for 1,400 chariots and 12,000 horsemen is 14,800 horses.  If there were one horse on reserve (a spare) per every horse on duty, that would already be 29,600 horses.  Hence, 40,000 stalls would have been a reasonable number to accommodate this many horses.

In conclusion, there were 40,000 stalls that were for housing horses, and 4,000 stalls that were for storing horses and chariots.  The two numbers could be harmonized if each of the 4,000 stalls with the space to house a chariot had 10 subdividing stalls for individual horses.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
why are mine not surprise!!! In your opinion, NUMBERS matter the most with God and not GENUINE FAITH. Many are called but FEW are chosen.

Mtshew. keep fighting it, sho gbo?

View the thread and see how your fellow muslims fail woefully!!!

[b] What would you have said if not your ignorant conclusion up here? Well, that's the definition of stiffnecked gainsayer that you are. I won't bother myself by engaging with you, because I know its a futile mission.

Bon voyage.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Medicis(m): 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
Judas died how?

"And he (Judas) cast down the pieces of silver in the temple,
and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief
priests...bought with them the potter's field." (MAT 27:5)

"Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out." (ACT 1:18)
Judas hanged himself in the potter’s field (Matthew 27:5), and then, after his body decayed and bloated, evidently the rope broke, and he burst into pieces on the land of the potter’s field (Acts 1:18-19). The Acts passage presumes Judas' hanging, as a man falling down in a field does not result in his body bursting open. Only decomposition and a fall from a height could cause a body to burst open. When Judas threw the thirty pieces of silver down, the priests took the money and used it to buy the potter’s field (Matthew 27:7), not knowing that Judas was going to hang himself there. Judas may not have purchased the field himself, but it was the money Judas received for betraying Jesus that purchased the field. The two verses are complementary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In His Live Service, TB Joshua Bitterly Complains About... Us! / In What Year Was Jesus Born? / How Primate Elijah Ayodele Prophesied Epl Title Victory For Chelsea Fc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.