Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

When Kids Say The Darndest Of Things. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Kids Say The Darndest Of Things. (810 Views)

Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast / List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / Kids Do The Darndest Thing (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Kids Say The Darndest Of Things. by africanpea: 10:00am On Jun 28, 2015
It happened a friend of mine lost a 17week old pregnancy and only told me the tragic news today while I was at work. I promised to check on her unfailingly today to console and encourage her been that i've been there and I sure know how painfully it is. I'll narrate my ordeal on my miscarriage on a stand alone post. 

When I got to her home I met her niece and her two kids playing on the patio, I asked for their Mommy and I was told she was in the shower I decided to sit on the lawn chair at the patio and  wait for her. Muna the older of the kids whom is so fund of my older son asked after him and I promised i'll bring Josh over for a play date soon. I'd say Muna is quite an overly active kid that talks a bit too much ‎, before I could even rehearse my first line of consolation I wanted to offer his Mommy he had narrated 10different stories. How his daddy bought him a tablet device, took him to Games, bought him a swatch wrist watch and so on...he went on to say he loves his daddy so much but he beats mummy a lot. My ears  stood as I heard that last story,
" your daddy beats your  Mommy"? I Asked Muna.
He said yes confidently and added his Daddy only beats Mummy at night and quickly started giving sexual movements to show how Daddy beats Mommy. I was too shocked to say a word, I began to wonder what this little dude have been exposed to this early in life. How could his parents be so careless to practice the precious moments in front of their son? Enough of the entertainment I said to myself, I quickly told him to remind his Mommy I was around. 

When she came we exchanged pleasantries and I consoled her sincerely and promised her God will always replace every loss in her life. She expressed her gratitude and offered me a malt drink. We talked a bit on current affairs and life generally and I announced my intention to leave. She asked to take a walk with me since I wasn't mobile, on our way I decided to tell her of the "special"‎ Mommy and Daddy fight Muna told me about. She obviously was embarrassed but that wasn't my aim, my aim was make her aware it isn't the right thing to do in front of minors even though you think they are asleep. 

She threatened to spank Muna, well, I didn't discourage her from doing that, an 8years old boy should learn what to say and what not to say. ‎

On this note I urge parents to be discrete with there bedroom activities around their kids. ‎ Don't assume they are kids and don't know what you both are doing or they are sleeping. Suspend or take it elsewhere if around minors, you could ignorantly be teaching them something very wrong, you wouldn't want them to practice it on someone else's kid, would you? 

Source: www.diaryofanaijamom..com
For more interesting stories click on the link above.

1 Like

Re: When Kids Say The Darndest Of Things. by MosakuAW(m): 10:01am On Jun 28, 2015
Good story

Good advise.

Kids are more wiser this days compare to the 70's andy 80's.

We should be more careful with what we say or do when kids are around us
Re: When Kids Say The Darndest Of Things. by Pineapp: 11:13am On Jun 28, 2015
africanpea:

It happened a friend of mine lost a 17week old pregnancy and only told me the tragic news today while I was at work. I promised to check on her unfailingly today to console and encourage her been that i've been there and I sure know how painfully it is. I'll narrate my ordeal on my miscarriage on a stand alone post. 

When I got to her home I met her niece and her two kids playing on the patio, I asked for their Mommy and I was told she was in the shower I decided to sit on the lawn chair at the patio and  wait for her. Muna the older of the kids whom is so fund of my older son asked after him and I promised i'll bring Josh over for a play date soon. I'd say Muna is quite an overly active kid that talks a bit too much ‎, before I could even rehearse my first line of consolation I wanted to offer his Mommy he had narrated 10different stories. How his daddy bought him a tablet device, took him to Games, bought him a swatch wrist watch and so on...he went on to say he loves his daddy so much but he beats mummy a lot. My ears  stood as I heard that last story,
" your daddy beats your  Mommy"? I Asked Muna.
He said yes confidently and added his Daddy only beats Mummy at night and quickly started giving sexual movements to show how Daddy beats Mommy. I was too shocked to say a word, I began to wonder what this little dude have been exposed to this early in life. How could his parents be so careless to practice the precious moments in front of their son? Enough of the entertainment I said to myself, I quickly told him to remind his Mommy I was around. 

When she came we exchanged pleasantries and I consoled her sincerely and promised her God will always replace every loss in her life. She expressed her gratitude and offered me a malt drink. We talked a bit on current affairs and life generally and I announced my intention to leave. She asked to take a walk with me since I wasn't mobile, on our way I decided to tell her of the "special"‎ Mommy and Daddy fight Muna told me about. She obviously was embarrassed but that wasn't my aim, my aim was make her aware it isn't the right thing to do in front of minors even though you think they are asleep. 

She threatened to spank Muna, well, I didn't discourage her from doing that, an 8years old boy should learn what to say and what not to say. ‎

On this note I urge parents to be discrete with there bedroom activities around their kids. ‎ Don't assume they are kids and don't know what you both are doing or they are sleeping. Suspend or take it elsewhere if around minors, you could ignorantly be teaching them something very wrong, you wouldn't want them to practice it on someone else's kid, would you? 

Source: www.diaryofanaijamom..com
For more interesting stories click on the link above.
grin

Over information.
This wasn't necessary
Re: When Kids Say The Darndest Of Things. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
Nd spanking muna would solve what?
The kid only described what he saw, he doesn't even know what was actually going on, how then can he know what to say or not to say...
Your friend should counsel him and be more careful.... 100% of the blame is on her and her husband

1 Like

Re: When Kids Say The Darndest Of Things. by mutter(f): 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
From the mouth of babies comes the truth. But sorry I just think it was not an appropriate topic on a consolation visit. A woman in pain should be consoled and not made aware that her children she has left have issues. I believe in this case it is the adult that said the damndest thing.
Re: When Kids Say The Darndest Of Things. by angieberry(f): 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
She shouldn't have spanked that boy! Not only was it not his fault, it will them arouse his curiosity on what mommy and daddy were doing that made them spank him! He was only speaking innocently, now, he might want to find out what was so bad about what His parents were doing that made them punish him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can't Trace A Father / Question For The Yoruba's / solution to this urgent issue if marraige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.