Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63173 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by stuhporh: 11:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
Alexmoses007:
How many times did God say for the sake of David my servant even though David was not on earth
During the transfiguration Jesus spoke to Moses and Elijah.
Perhaps you would also blame Jesus for speaking to them since they had left the world. God is the God of the living and not the dead

you lack total understanding of everything you are saying
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by witnezHD(m): 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
ideatoprince18:
........I guess u also call ur mom a ho?!!!
idol worshippers *^▁^*
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by BERNIMOORE: 12:20am On Jul 06, 2015
VcStunner:
befor u read dat holy book again, u shuld pray very well for spiritual guidance aii? So go ahead and REPEAT d lords prayer. Save urself the strenght of argument and worship God in spirit and truth. The verse u quoted is saying a lot about meditation but u can't effectively meditate if u can't garther ur tots together, the catholic rosary, d islamic bead, the hindu beads etc etc are not a form of prayer but a guide to meditation. The alchemist will tell u to say "may my 2 become one and let my work be established" and continue dat for ours until d law of attraction creates a sync btw ur desire and ur tots. Its deep but its dat simple. Crave for righteousness, cuz making heaven is not by condemnation of contrary belief but by grace sir.
its easy to see that catholic practices and beliefs contradicts the sacred scriptural teachings; can you explain these below? ( 1) The Glories of Mary by Alphonsus de Liguori explicitly mentions Marian worship in the fifth stanza of the hymn, “Mary, Virgin of Virgins” (page 589).

“[size=14pt]Queen thou art, whom all things worship,
Earth and hell, and heaven above;[/size]
But thy heart o'erflows with goodness,
Just and sinners feel thy love.”
http://willingshepherds.org/Aspirations%20to%20Mary.htm

2) or the pope who prostrate to man made shrine in self deceit and pure disobedience to Gods command of idol worship......Pope John Paul made more than 40 pilgrimages to her shrines at Lourdes and Fatima.

He wrote in his Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, the following words:

[size=14pt]“I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary.”[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SalC: 1:09am On Jul 06, 2015
johnnyblakes:
so its either u r telling us that joseph married another woman that gave him children or he died never having a child fathered by him,which do u mean?
Ok now I get where you are coming from. It is your soft spot for the noble and caring Joseph, who you can't bring yourself to believe he probably had no child that led you to conclude Mary must have had children for him.

Well, am not discussing Joseph as it stands otherwise I would've answered you. I had just one intention while making the post you quote, "to show scriptural prove the people mentioned are not the children of Mary mother of Jesus" if you won't counter my last post in line with its content, we will simply bring it to a halt peacefully.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by chubbyswit(m): 1:32am On Jul 06, 2015
most of these laws like the worship of mary, the saints, purgatory, etc where satanic laws imposed into the catholic church by the so called past popes and bishops which have eaten into your minds to the extent that you see it as the truth, let the bible be your standard and not the doctrine of man. Even they the catholics have removed the 2nd commandment which condemns the worship of idols to justify worship and bowing down before graven images. The conclusion here is that catholic church is the doctrine of satan go and start indepth research if u doubt me and stop defending what u knw nothing about. My people perish for the lack of knowlege.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SalC: 1:32am On Jul 06, 2015
Jonathan:

Shut da fùck up
Idol worshipper
If you don't change,
On the day of judgment,
Mary will deny you
Jesus will even deny you.
Sign of frustration smiley.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by chubbyswit(m): 1:43am On Jul 06, 2015
i dont know why people choose to follow blindly what they hear from others. Do not be decieved, satan is the prince of this world remember and he is the master of deception. Mary was just fortunate to be used by God to fulfill the scriptures which says and a child will be born of virgin and his name will be called emmanuel. God could ve decided to use another woman but he just choose mary. And who says that mary died a virgin when she was married to joseph and even gave birth to other chldren? Those can only be lies from the pits of hell

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by chubbyswit(m): 1:54am On Jul 06, 2015
catholics argue without using the bible as their standard instead they use what their so called popes and bishops ve brainwashed them over the years. Now my question is, who should you believe? The word of God which is the bible or man who is filled with sin?

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by zonax(m): 2:48am On Jul 06, 2015
RapLawd:

Ask em, how is their so called prophets and men of God qualified to intercede between them and God!

Their is always a mediator even in human dialogue
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by nurusystem(m): 5:02am On Jul 06, 2015
grin..even Jesus neva claims divinity .,so where did Mary com from..it may be d priest who conquer things together .n they will just tell u have faith..y will u honour Mary is she anointed by god.,people shud wake up.,.we dnt suppose to have man or woman god.,he dat is spirit is spirit n he dat is born of flesh is flesh. This is not true 3god=1 god .,n 4=1 fathert how com who said Jesus claims to be man god .,u have to be serious friends.,.so com to Islam with your question your answer is there anykind of it.,.,.,to prov to you infidels dat 1=1.,., Allah is great.,
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexmoses007: 6:01am On Jul 06, 2015
chubbyswit:
most of these laws like the worship of mary, the saints, purgatory, etc where satanic laws imposed into the catholic church by the so called past popes and bishops which have eaten into your minds to the extent that you see it as the truth, let the bible be your standard and not the doctrine of man. Even they the catholics have removed the 2nd commandment which condemns the worship of idols to justify worship and bowing down before graven images. The conclusion here is that catholic church is the doctrine of satan go and start indepth research if u doubt me and stop defending what u knw nothing about. My people perish for the lack of knowlege.

Would you call the reverence shown to the Ark of the Covenant as idolatry by the Isrealites ?

David danced before the Ark, God even struck someone dead for touching it while it was about falling during a procession.
Even the shadow of Peter healed the sick. Would you accuse those who laid their sick so that the shadow of Peter would fall on it of idolatry?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexmoses007: 6:07am On Jul 06, 2015
nurusystem:
grin..even Jesus neva claims divinity .,so where did Mary com from..it may be d priest who conquer things together .n they will just tell u have faith..y will u honour Mary is she anointed by god.,people shud wake up.,.we dnt suppose to have man or woman god.,he dat is spirit is spirit n he dat is born of flesh is flesh. This is not true 3god=1 god .,n 4=1 fathert how com who said Jesus claims to be man god .,u have to be serious friends.,.so com to Islam with your question your answer is there anykind of it.,.,.,to prov to you infidels dat 1=1.,., Allah is great.,
Mr man have some respect this not an Islamic thread
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 6:07am On Jul 06, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Praise is totally different from intercession. You guys ask Mary and the saints to intercede for you, and not to praise God for you. Praising God is their duty in heaven, but intercession isn't.

The question was "is praise prayer?"

And please show me where the Bible said the bold.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexmoses007: 6:09am On Jul 06, 2015
chubbyswit:
catholics argue without using the bible as their standard instead they use what their so called popes and bishops ve brainwashed them over the years. Now my question is, who should you believe? The word of God which is the bible or man who is filled with sin?
You should only believe the correct interpretation of the Word of God. And Catholic Church has the correct interpretation 1Tim 3:15.
Through its visible head who is the pope ( Jn21:17 Christ told Peter, the first Pope to "feed my sheep"winkunion with all its bishops (he who hears you hear me)
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by bamuffy: 6:10am On Jul 06, 2015
DennisEche:

i pity you boy...... Know the truth amd it shall set you free
He even said in mattew that 'I can of myself do nothing,as i hear i judge and the judgement of God is true' so stop wasting ur worldly time by worshiping Jesus and his mother mary. None of them can save u!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 6:14am On Jul 06, 2015
ILIDEFI:

It wasn't 3 times at once. It was at different times. The fact that you asked God to help u pass your exams yesterday doesn't mean you shouldn't pray again today, till u get your answers. That was what Jesus did.

Repetitive prayer can never be at the same time. It is always one after the other.

Jesus repeated the same prayer 3 times with (at most a few hours). The four living creatures repeat the same prayer for eternity.

What is your problem with Catholics?

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by bamuffy: 6:15am On Jul 06, 2015
livebullet:
i am a living testimony of Marian, Angels n Saint "worship". I have no logic to butress or much time to argue...but my life experiences assures me evryday why catholic theology n scripture is d only way...Try praying tru Mary n I bet u get ur answers according to God's will....St Josemaria Escriva said in "the way" 558....."d rosary is a powerful weapon, Use it n u will b amazed at its result. I have neva bn failed by Marian intercession!
He(Jesus) said in mattew that 'I can
of myself do nothing,as i hear i
judge and the judgement of God is
true' so stop wasting ur worldly time
by worshiping Jesus and his mother
mary. None of them can save u!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 6:19am On Jul 06, 2015
clefstone:
well, for starters, Mary herself said 'all generation shall call me blessed'(Luke 1:48). Therefore, it wasn't a wrong act by that woman to call her blessed.
Now, why did Jesus rebuke the woman for calling his mother blessed? Because he knew the woman called Mary blessed for the simple reason of her being his mother(compare with the passage where Christ rebuked the rich young man for calling him 'good'). However, Mary is not blessed just for that reason, but for the fact that she obeyed God's will. Read that passage again and understand.
@poster, this very passage is read in the catholic church during the year(daily mass reading), so don't think you are calling to the church's attention something she chose to ignore.
@ italo and syncan you guys rock
Cc honourhim

Thank you
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 6:23am On Jul 06, 2015
bamuffy:

He(Jesus) said in mattew that 'I can
of myself do nothing,as i hear i
judge and the judgement of God is
true' so stop wasting ur worldly time
by worshiping Jesus and his mother
mary. None of them can save u!

So you believe what the Bible says.

John 1:1 in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.

You still believe the Bible, Muslim?

smiley
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by bamuffy: 6:27am On Jul 06, 2015
Alexmoses007:

Mr man have some respect this not an Islamic thread
He even said in mattew that 'I can of myself do nothing,as i hear i judge and the judgement of God is true' so stop wasting ur worldly time by worshiping Jesus and his mother mary. None of them can save u! IF Jesus said u should follow the laws of Moses of which the Pharisees are the custodians (Mattew 23:1-3), then Islam is the way out?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 6:40am On Jul 06, 2015
nyabinghi:
who shouted eli eli lamasabachtani and to who, God is the creator of jesus so worship not and not a man created by God

I will not respond to you a muslim, in a Christian religious section, unless you put this in your profile "Jesus is Lord and Saviour". When you do, call on me again. Let's start from being fair to all.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 6:47am On Jul 06, 2015
ILIDEFI:

My brother, where in the Bible is it stated that the saints who died in Christ intercede for the living? Why would you share the role of Christ with another being/individual entirely? Those who died in Christ are resting, awaiting the second coming of Christ. They are not engaged in any intercessory duty. It's unscriptural to ascribe any such place to them.

"the twenty-four elders,fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints" Rev. 5:8.

Angels do the same thing: "[An] angel came and stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden censer; and he was given much incense to mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar before the throne; and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel before God" Rev. 8:3–4.

So tell me, were they sharing the role of Christ there?

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2015
clefstone:
well, for starters, Mary herself said 'all generation shall call me blessed'(Luke 1:48). Therefore, it wasn't a wrong act by that woman to call her blessed.
Now, why did Jesus rebuke the woman for calling his mother blessed? Because he knew the woman called Mary blessed for the simple reason of her being his mother(compare with the passage where Christ rebuked the rich young man for calling him 'good'). However, Mary is not blessed just for that reason, but for the fact that she obeyed God's will. Read that passage again and understand.
@poster, this very passage is read in the catholic church during the year(daily mass reading), so don't think you are calling to the church's attention something she chose to ignore.
@ italo and syncan you guys rock
Cc honourhim

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 7:02am On Jul 06, 2015
chubbyswit:

When the early Christians argued, what did the use to settle the dispute in Acts 15? Who did the believe? The Bible or Pope Peter and Bishops James, Andrew, John etc?

Read Acts 15 before you answer. I know your pastor will not read that chapter in your congregation.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by chubbyswit(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2015
Alexmoses007:

Would you call the reverence shown to the Ark of the Covenant as idolatry by the Isrealites ?

David danced before the Ark, God even struck someone dead for touching it while it was about falling during a procession.
Even the shadow of Peter healed the sick. Would you accuse those who laid their sick so that the shadow of Peter would fall on it of idolatry?
answer this question before i answer yours, what did God do when he discovered that the israelites made for themselves a golden calf which in their mind they thought represented God? God is a spirit and we must worship him in spirit and in truth not look for him in graven idols. He cant speak to u tru an idol its only satan and his demons can.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by bamuffy: 7:14am On Jul 06, 2015
italo:

So you believe what the Bible says.

John 1:1 in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.

You still believe the Bible, Muslim?

smiley
how can I belive in such an ambiguity,confusion? God is not the author of confusion but Men. In this case it is PAUL OF TARSUS,the father of christianity who preached all these doctrines unapprove by Jesus himself. Now back to that statement which form the basis of ur xtians doctrines. GOD IS AN ENTITY(LIKE U FOR INSTANCE), HIS WORD IS AN ENTITY(LIKE UR STATEMENT FOR INSTANCE). SO HOW CAN HIS WORD(UR STATEMENT) equal to him(U)? THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!! INSTEAD, GOD'S WORD WHEN HE WISH ANYTHG IS 'BE AND IT WILL BE' (KUN FA YAKUN). HE USED IT TO CREATE EVERYTHING FRM THE TIME OF HIS OWN EXISTENCE TILL ETERNITY.
FINALLY, If Jesus said u should obbey the laws of Moses through the pharises(Matt 23:1-3). Definitly, ISLAM IS THE WAY,THE SOLUTION!!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by chubbyswit(m): 7:18am On Jul 06, 2015
Alexmoses007:

You should only believe the correct interpretation of the Word of God. And Catholic Church has the correct interpretation 1Tim 3:15
i'm sure u ve not read your bible from genesis to revelation before jumping to that conclusion. The catholic who has profaned the word of God by adding and removing some contents and replacing them with lies? Bro go and do alittle research about ur church and stop being a blind worshipper. Do not be decieved for God cannot be mocked.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by nekta(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2015
SSPX:
One thing i love about my parish priest is that he takes his to explain some certain passage in bible. Jesus spoke Aramic during his days on earth which makes it hard to transilate in English Language, you should have ask your priest then what was the original text of this particular passage
so wat u re tryin 2 say is if d text was 2 hard 2 convert 2 english de decided 2 convert to wat we read nw abi?dat means almost half of the bible translation is wrong
the truth is jesus is the only way to God no prayers to mary she died a human death y pray to mary wen pipo like a elisha were lifted up to heaven nd dias no wia in d bible do u here of tins like dat abt mary nd u pray 2 here in ma opinion if u tink its right to pray 2 dose saints as de call em then u just took d job of jesus nd prayin a fruitless prayer to a deadman nd somehere says its honour nd nt worship u pray nd beg sum1 to help u talk to God wen jesus is at the right hand of Dat pers0n u re prayin to let catholics relook at some of dia doctrines cos dat wat broke oda churches 4rm em.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by chubbyswit(m): 7:30am On Jul 06, 2015
italo:

When the early Christians argued, what did the use to settle the dispute in Acts 15? Who did the believe? The Bible or Pope Peter and Bishops James, Andrew, John etc?

Read Acts 15 before you answer. I know your pastor will not read that chapter in your congregation.
its very shameful that for someone to pretend he reads and understands the word of God when he cleary doesnt. Dude go back and study the bible deeply and ask the spirit of God to help u understand it i.e if u guys even believe in gift of the holyspirit and his powers. He that has ears let him hear

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by nyabinghi(m): 7:34am On Jul 06, 2015
Syncan:

I will not respond to you a muslim, in a Christian religious section, unless you put this in your profile "Jesus is Lord and Saviour". When you do, call on me again. Let's start from being fair to all.
you have no brain how can someone who couldn't save himself save me, only Allah(SWT) can save. Can I hear you shout Allah akbar

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by bamuffy: 8:08am On Jul 06, 2015
nyabinghi:
you have no brain how can someone who couldn't save himself save me, only Allah(SWT) can save. Can I hear you shout Allah akbar
ALLAH AKBAR!!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by AngelJennifer: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2015
[quote author=starlingslimnet post=35501703]Sorry OP Catholics are doomed for destruction they can never Repent. [/quote

if catholics are doomed, then protestants / pentecostals are also doomed for destruction, because they will never repent from robing people of their money. A divided house can never stand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecies For 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.