Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63236 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 07, 2015
italo:

Haba!

Didn't you see it in the book of Charlsecy chapter 1 verse 1?
Oh I see shocked grin
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by monex(m): 8:52am On Jul 07, 2015
eyenibibio:

This is where the problem lies.

exactly.

most issues pointed at the church fail to focus on the real differences. for instance, catholics are accused of Mariolatry (which is a sin according to the catholic church) even though the real issue comes from "Communion of saints" and belief in "Symbolism and Veneration"
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jnrbayano(m): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
I didn't say she's a mere woman.

My point is that she's not God and should not be worshiped

Who exactly worships Mary?

Are you okay dear Catholic faithful?

You want us to believe you don't regard her a mere woman yet you wont believe Catholics never worship Mary.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jnrbayano(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
ILIDEFI:

The 24 elders are not Saints of God. They were never earthly human beings. They are heavenly beings. Part of their roles and the roles of angels is presenting the prayers of the church before God. They don't speak and intercede for humans.
Christ's job in heaven isn't to carry all the prayers of the church to God. He defends you before God, and gives God reasons why he should answer your prayers, forgive your sins and save you etc. So you see, it's different from the work of the Angels.

....And yet Christ is that same God presenting things to himself in heaven.

SMH!!

Your confusion knows no bounds.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Chanteh(f): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
mikron:
Mary knows no sin? Meaning she was blemishless, no sin, pure as snow, that means she is a second God and making God a liar cos my Bible tells me only our Lord Jesus Christ passed tru earth without sin. Read and understand ur bible very well

Mary was conceived without sin and is full of all graces.
Don't overlook the role of a mother in the family.
The fathers are always recognised but behind the father, a mother makes him who he is.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Tallesty1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
jnrbayano:

Who exactly worships Mary?

Are you okay dear Catholic faithful?

You want us to believe you don't regard her a mere woman yet you wont believe Catholics never worship Mary.
Can you make a man unsee what he has seen?

I have gone deep into the catholic teachings and doctrines and can tell you where and how Mary is being worshiped.

The reason I am still with them is because there is no "Best Church" on earth, moreover it is the Christ in you that takes you to heaven not your church, you dig??

I know what's is wrong and I can't do it even if the whole world is doing it.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jnrbayano(m): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
Can you make a man unsee what he has seen?

I have gone deep into the catholic teachings and doctrines and can tell you where and how Mary is being worshiped.

The reason I am still with them is because there is no "Best Church" on earth, moreover it is the Christ in you that takes you to heaven not your church, you dig??

I know what's is wrong and I can't do it even if the whole world is doing it.

Your understanding is different from the catholic understanding...

Hold fast to your tenets!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by mikron(m): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Chanteh:

Mary was conceived without sin and is full of all graces.
Don't overlook the role of a mother in the family.
The fathers are always recognised but behind the father, a mother makes him who he is.
i don't understand the term "she was conceived without sin" say God used her as a vessel to give birth to the Lord not that she was without sin. Don't say that

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
italo:
I understand. This is another way of saying "I don't want to admit that praise is prayer because that would mean that Angels and Saints pray." That would mean the Catholics are right.

We have seen many of your type...even those that are for more intelligent than you.

That's why you Protestants have millions of denominations teaching contradictory doctrines.

Hypocrisy.

Do Angels and Saints intercede? That's my question for you.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
jnrbayano:

....And yet Christ is that same God presenting things to himself in heaven.

SMH!!

Your confusion knows no bounds.

By writing God, I meant God the Father.
My response to you is Hebrews 4:14-16; 5:1-10

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by JayB11(m): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
witnezHD:
Catholics be kneeling in front of that stripper,ho dick sucker stature and be asking for blessing .....that bullshit....y'all can keep worshiping your fake I idol
Their is no difference between you and a barbaric Islamic Boko Haram. If you don't understand, ask.

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by JayB11(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
Biblical proof that she has fore-knowledge of our problems or that she hears our prayers bro.

You are alive, you can hear and see but Mary is dead. That's the difference.
And where in the bible is it written that she died
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by JayB11(m): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
I personally don't say that prayer, though I am catholic.
And you don't wish to ask? Who even told you that she is no virgin Do you understand English or words from the scripture
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by JayB11(m): 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
An2elect2:
Catholics worship a certain Mary not the Mary of the bible of course because if she were here she will rebuke them totally.

When i was a catholic, a priest tried explaining that passage to mean some kind of special blessing accrued to Mary. And He said something like "blessed are those who hear the word and keep it LIKE MARY"
I almost believed Him but i knew something was wrong with his interpretation. Jesus didn't say LIKE MARY. Where did he get that from? i thought! And how Jesus swiftly responded to the woman's words, bothered me,but all these things did not deter me from continuing with catholicism until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.
until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.

Are you sure you know what you are saying? Besides, which church did you find yourself in Lemme know!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by JayB11(m): 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
Acekidc4:

See the Fooolish Question you are Asking Me!!
Did Mary Die a VirginAnswer Me Fast fast!!
Did your ancestor sleep with her See me see one type of christian ooo!!!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by JayB11(m): 11:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
Kalatium:
This has always been the case.This was one of the reason Protestant broke out from Catholics. Mary should not even be honoured because Jesus never gave that authority.
Am not sure that you know the history to an extent that you will comment. Am not sure you either know how your church came into existence. Help yourself with the link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ninety-Five_Theses
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by JayB11(m): 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
Genesis 25 v 8

Then Abraham breathed his last and died at a good old age, an old man and full of years; and he was gathered to his people.
And yet you are a christian because you don't believe what Jesus says
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by An2elect2(f): 7:01am On Jul 08, 2015
JayB11:

until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.

Are you sure you know what you are saying? Besides, which church did you find yourself in Lemme know!
i know what i am saying !

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Chanteh(f): 8:34am On Jul 08, 2015
mikron:
i don't understand the term "she was conceived without sin" say God used her as a vessel to give birth to the Lord not that she was without sin. Don't say that

Any Vessel God Uses to save mankind is devoid of sin. Which any way you put it, we are saying the same thing.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Tallesty1(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2015
JayB11:

And where in the bible is it written that she died
Nowhere but I can take you to her grave if you can pay for our transportation and feeding. Don't worry about shelter, we'll pass d night in her grave
JayB11:

And yet you are a christian because you don't believe what Jesus says
I believe in everything He said I also believe in the teachings of the of the apostles and the word of God in Galatians 1:8
JayB11:

And you don't wish to ask? Who even told you that she is no virgin Do you understand English or words from the scripture
Ask who? Holy spirit explains scriptures to me.

I don't understand English, please can you teach me?

She was a virgin before she gave birth to Jesus Christ, it is written in the bible. But she was not a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus' brothers and sisters.

Finally, I am going to tell you something that will confuse you the more.

Do you know that you, yes you that is reading this can be Jesus' mother?

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Rejoice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by herald9: 8:18am On Jul 09, 2015
grin
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by JayB11(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2015
Tallesty1:

Nowhere but I can take you to her grave if you can pay for our transportation and feeding. Don't worry about shelter, we'll pass d night in her grave
I believe in everything He said I also believe in the teachings of the of the apostles and the word of God in Galatians 1:8
Ask who? Holy spirit explains scriptures to me.

I don't understand English, please can you teach me?

She was a virgin before she gave birth to Jesus Christ, it is written in the bible. But she was not a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus' brothers and sisters.

Finally, I am going to tell you something that will confuse you the more.

Do you know that you, yes you that is reading this can be Jesus' mother?

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Rejoice
Owkay Thanks!!!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by eepa: 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
My first question is what constitute worship.Moreover Catholics however misconstrued the opinion of the world is do not worship mary.Rather we honour mary.Just like God through the angel Gabriel salutation (Rejoice o highly favoured) did.Let us not tune scripture to suit ourselves.Mary is loved an honoured by catholics is scriptural.Even the bible extols her in are song of praise(Lk1:46-55).Verse 48 says "for he as remembered is lowly handmaid,henceforth all generations shall call he blessed".We cannot not read one scriptural passage and draw conclusion or make assumptions.Jesus loves his mother and except all to love and honour her.Do not be fooled by the stands of people who are quick to forget her role in Christian salvation or in the early church.Mary's name continues to echo in scripture from the birth of christ,to his presentation,to his find in the temple,to the miracle at the wedding feast at cana,on the way to calvary,at foot of the cross,even at the birth of the church.Many christians will have loved to strike her name out of scripture.But like every personality in scripture God wants us to learn something from her.Mary will fovever be loved and honoured d bible tells me so.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Maryalex1805(f): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2015
witnezHD:
are you gonna take me to zaria court
If need be

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Aizenosa(m): 11:43am On Jul 10, 2015
ILIDEFI:

What's your point really? Praise can be an aspect of prayer. Still doesn't change anything.

Praise alone can't replace effective prayer, which is supposed to be a communication with God. It's a 2 way thing.

In Acts of the Apostles, Paul and Silas prayed and sang, before the prison doors and chains were broken. They are 2 activities that are interlinked, but it doesn't meant praise is equal to prayer.

my dear I'm as much as u don't know praise is a powerful form of of prayer
u must have heard he who sings prays twice
also D events of David and Saul each time David played the harp the devil left Saul
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Aizenosa(m): 11:51am On Jul 10, 2015
eepa:
My first question is what constitute worship.Moreover Catholics however misconstrued the opinion of the world is do not worship mary.Rather we honour mary.Just like God through the angel Gabriel salutation (Rejoice o highly favoured) did.Let us not tune scripture to suit ourselves.Mary is loved an honoured by catholics is scriptural.Even the bible extols her in are song of praise(Lk1:46-55).Verse 48 says "for he as remembered is lowly handmaid,henceforth all generations shall call he blessed".We cannot not read one scriptural passage and draw conclusion or make assumptions.Jesus loves his mother and except all to love and honour her.Do not be fooled by the stands of people who are quick to forget her role in Christian salvation or in the early church.Mary's name continues to echo in scripture from the birth of christ,to his presentation,to his find in the temple,to the miracle at the wedding feast at cana,on the way to calvary,at foot of the cross,even at the birth of the church.Many christians will have loved to strike her name out of scripture.But like every personality in scripture God wants us to learn something from her.Mary will fovever be loved and honoured d bible tells me so.
Thank a lot for that
Also Christ said he came to fulfill the laws and prophets and not abolish them therefore the commandment love honor your father and mother so that your days on earth maybe long on earth applied to Christ also
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
ILIDEFI:

The 24 elders are not Saints of God . They were never earthly human beings. They are heavenly beings.Part of their roles and the roles of angels is presenting the prayers of the church before God. They don't speak and intercede for humans.
Christ's job in heaven isn't to carry all the prayers of the church to God. He defends you before God, and gives God reasons why he should answer your prayers, forgive your sins and save you etc. So you see, it's different from the work of the Angels.

No,they are not saints of God, they are your village oracles.

Is it not the saints of God that are to receive crowns of glory in heaven? Now look at this:

Rev.4:10 "the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying,...". You guys should just stop this arrogance in ignorance. Look at you, playing God and assigning roles to some imagined heavenly beings, completely unsupported by the scripture he claims to uphold.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
Syncan:

No,they are not saints of God, they are your village oracles.

Is it not the saints of God that are to receive crowns of glory in heaven? Now look at this:

Rev.4:10 "the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying,...". You guys should just stop this arrogance in ignorance. Look at you, playing God and assigning roles to some imagined heavenly beings, completely unsupported by the scripture he claims to uphold.

By saying the saints of God, I meant those who lived and died in Christ. Those are the people recognised as Saints of God in the scriptures.
Read Revelations 7. Pay attention to verses 13&14 thus:

13Then one of the el­ders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”
14I an­swered, “Sir, you know.”
And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great trib­u­la­tion; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Do you still want to argue that the 24 elders are among those who died in Christ? My dear, they are simply heavenly beings, just like the four living creatures. As for their crowns, does God himself not have a crown?

As for what I mentioned about roles, I only commented based on scriptures. Read Rev 5:8:

8And when he had tak­en it, the four liv­ing crea­tures and the twen­ty-four el­ders fell down be­fore the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were hold­ing gold­en bowls full of in­cense, which are the prayers of God’s peo­ple.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 7:39am On Jul 12, 2015
ILIDEFI:

By saying the saints of God, I meant those who lived and died in Christ. Those are the people recognised as Saints of God in the scriptures.
Read Revelations 7. Pay attention to verses 13&14 thus:

13Then one of the el­ders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”
14I an­swered, “Sir, you know.”
And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great trib­u­la­tion; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Do you still want to argue that the 24 elders are among those who died in Christ? My dear, they are simply heavenly beings, just like the four living creatures. As for their crowns, does God himself not have a crown?

As for what I mentioned about roles, I only commented based on scriptures. Read Rev 5:8:

8And when he had tak­en it, the four liv­ing crea­tures and the twen­ty-four el­ders fell down be­fore the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were hold­ing gold­en bowls full of in­cense, which are the prayers of God’s peo­ple.

Oga you need to read again, Scripture also called the people of God on earth saints (Eph.1:1) ...but that is by the way now. So elders in what ever institution you find yourself are not part of it right? God has a crown you say, and I ask, and so what? Who are the "heirs of God and are coheirs with christ"? Rom.8:17. It is these heirs of God and coheirs with Christ that wear Crowns. The elders wore crowns didn't they? You have not said anything so far, you quoted Rev 7:13 as saints of God and i ask you who told you the elders are not part of them, and indeed their leaders. I will not go into the significance of presentation of incense before God, who does it, and the act of intercession, the scripture is filled with it.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by spiralwedge(m): 1:01am On Jul 13, 2015
Roman Catholicism is a cult just like its brother, Jehovah's Witnesses,Mormonism, Grail Message.
. etc

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Aizenosa(m): 6:28am On Jul 13, 2015
spiralwedge:
Roman Catholicism is a cult just like its brother, Jehovah's Witnesses,Mormonism, Grail Message.
. etc

And u belong to what
lol self righteousness will send plenty people like u to hell trust me
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by mrZENographer: 10:15am On Jul 13, 2015
khachee:

There is a difference between reading and studying, go back and study that passage. Jesus didnt rebuke the woman.

And by the way honour is different from worship, catholics honour her

#my 2 cent

Must you honor her? Did any of the apostles honor Mary or command us to? Even Peter the so-called POPE u call him? Did Jesus command us to honor Mary? Did Angel Michael tell you that when you want to keep reciting Hail Mary for 100 time per session? Henceforth all women shall call me blessed, did Mary mean you should be reciting her name in ur prayers to Almighty God?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.