Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

My Story As Third Class Graduate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Story As Third Class Graduate (5926 Views)

My Story As A Physically Challenged Entrepreneur. / HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD / My Story As An Underemployed Graduate In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story As Third Class Graduate by Ahmedie25(m): 11:44am On Jun 28, 2015
Nowadays the fear of a third class graduate has so alarming due to saturated labour market of our country, I graduated with a third class ( Electrical & Computer Engineering) & am now lecturing in a federal polytechnic
I have decide to share my story so as to give hope for those that graduated with a third class, I was devastated with my result bt I work hard to neutralise d effect
Immediately after my Nysc program , a recruitment was going on in my state , I applied & was fortunate 2 b invited for a interview, at d interview I performed so great because i really prepared , I was employed as an electrical engineer in my state ministry of power & energy,
I was so dedicated to my work & nice with my ogas at office, a year after a request letter came for governor"s office request for a staff frm our ministry 2 serve as special assistant 2 d governor on power & energy, due 2 my hardwork I was nominated & governor approved my nomination,
As a special assistant 2 d governor , my financial status became high , I then immediately enrolled 4 a post graduate diploma program in computer engineering, & finished with upper credit, I use my influence 2 secure my masters degree admission in Abu Zaria , with grace of God I graduated last year, M.Eng( computer engineering)
I quickly realized that my appointment as special assistant will terminate by may 29, so I quickly applied 4 a lecturing job in federal polytechnic, I was invited for interview & 2 weeks later called 4 appointment letter
so am now lecturing in federal polytechnic, no third class graduate should loss hope.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by letsbet(m): 11:47am On Jun 28, 2015
Lucky you. i quess there's hope for anybody who doesnt accept the status quo and never give up the pursuit of success.

2 Likes

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Christine01(f): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by sammyscholar(m): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
Ahmedie25:
Nowadays the fear of a third class graduate has so alarming due to saturated labour market of our country, I graduated with a third class ( Electrical & Computer Engineering) & am now lecturing in a federal polytechnic
I have decide to share my story so as to give hope for those that graduated with a third class, I was devastated with my result bt I work hard to neutralise d effect
Immediately after my Nysc program , a recruitment was going on in my state , I applied & was fortunate 2 b invited for a interview, at d interview I performed so great because i really prepared , I was employed as an electrical engineer in my state ministry of power & energy,
I was so dedicated to my work & nice with my ogas at office, a year after a request letter came for governor"s office request for a staff frm our ministry 2 serve as special assistant 2 d governor on power & energy, due 2 my hardwork I was nominated & governor approved my nomination,
As a special assistant 2 d governor , my financial status became high , I then immediately enrolled 4 a post graduate degree program in computer engineering, & finished with upper credit, I use my influence 2 secure my masters degree admission in Abu Zaria , with grace of God I graduated last year, M.Eng( computer engineering)
I quickly realized that my appointment as special assistant will terminate by may 29, so I quickly applied 4 a lecturing job in federal polytechnic, I was invited for interview & 2 weeks later called 4 appointment letter
so am now lecturing in federal polytechnic, no third class graduate should loss hope.
I applaud your doggedness and resiliency

1 Like

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by chinchong: 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
that's exactly what we are saying.if you set your goal and you work toward achieving it,no matter the certificate you are holding, you will surely get there.....hey man! you are indeed an inspiration!
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Mixty: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
Great inspiration, though I think you must have lived and schooled in the North. I guess you come from the North. Only Northern/aboki schools will accept third class grads as lecturers.

This is very good for FP. It will motivate 3rd class graduates.

cc lalasticlala

crazyman
1forall
xfire

Sagamite should learn from this too. Graduating with 3rd class is not the end of the world for you. tongue

1 Like

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Ahmedie25(m): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
Mixty:
Great inspiration, though I think you must have lived and schooled in the North. I guess you come from the North. Only Northern/aboki schools will accept third class grads as lecturers.

cc lalasticlala

crazyman
1foral
xfire

Sagamite should learn from this too. Graduating with 3rd class is not the end of the world for you. tongue
People like u can never change their altitude, my story was 2 inspire other 3rd class graduate,bt u are trying 2 discourage them, so 3rd class graduate will not make it in South, pls wake up, mind u am with my M.Eng b4 employe as lecturer.

2 Likes

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Nobody: 2:49am On Jun 29, 2015
you just told us the juicy part of your story, an encouragement though
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Mixty: 5:41am On Jun 29, 2015
Ahmedie25:
People like u can never change their altitude, my story was 2 inspire other 3rd class graduate,bt u are trying 2 discourage them, so 3rd class graduate will not make it in South, pls wake up, mind u am with my M.Eng b4 employe as lecturer.
Your English is bad. You need to improve on your grammatical construction and spelling. Believe me, if this was the the type of grammar you were speaking at your interview, then you come from an educationally backward state to excel at the interviews and even serve as special assistant to the governor!

i am not discouraging anyone. On the contrary, I even advised the mods lalasticlala to put this on front page for others to learn and be encouraged.
One love, bro

3 Likes

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Mixty: 5:49am On Jun 29, 2015
what I learnt most is that networking is key. You put in your best and also you were nice to everyone at work.
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by MrIyke222(m): 6:08am On Jun 29, 2015
CONGRATULATIONS broh!!
I like ur spirit. U are my kind of guy. Am into Human Capacity Dev., nd i knw wot it means for one not to look dwn on himself or herself in any way, bt always have d right mentality to life in pursuit of success.

It is not all abt certificate but ur mentality and ability. Bsides, its so unfortunate dat wit ur money, u can buy certificate here in naija, but to defend it may be a story 4 d gods.

Bfor, I bcame a graduate, i ws priviledged to work at a place wr i ws d only school cert holder nd Diploma undergratuate among HND nd Degree graduates, but i was credited wit better perfomanc dan dem.
So its all about ‘ your success mental attitude’
" the result of theory is shown in d practicals"

1 Like

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Ahmedie25(m): 6:28am On Jun 29, 2015
Mixty:

Your English is bad. You need to improve on your grammatical construction and spelling. Believe me, if this was the the type of grammar you were speaking at your interview, then you come from an educationally backward state to excel at the interviews and even serve as special assistant to the governor!

i am not discouraging anyone. On the contrary, I even advised the mods lalasticlala to put this on front page for others to learn and be encouraged.
One love, bro
No wonder , u are not progressing in ur life, an enemy of progress like u will never progress, u need 2 improve in ur manner, altitude & behavior or else u will remains like this forever .

2 Likes

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Mixty: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2015
Ahmedie25:
No wonder , u are not progressing in ur life, an enemy of progress like u will never progress, u need 2 improve in ur manner, altitude & behavior or else u will remains like this forever .
attitude, not altitude. Learn to accept correction instead of being bitter.

1 Like

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Ahmedie25(m): 8:26am On Jun 29, 2015
Mixty:

attitude, not altitude. Learn to accept correction instead of being bitter.
Is better 2 ignore jobless guy like u.
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by promisechild(m): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2015
forget it, third class is a no no for me.
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by pweetiedee(m): 11:36am On Jun 29, 2015
Mixty:

One love, bro
shut up!

3 Likes

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Mixty: 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
pweetiedee:

shut up!
Who the fvck are you to tell me to shut up undecided
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Sagamite(m): 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
Mixty:

cc lalasticlala

crazyman
1forall
xfire

MIXTY!

MIXTY!

MIXTY!

It is a fuuktard like you who thinks an accountant doing her Articles meant she wrote articles for publication by her accountancy firm that wants to insult an intellectual GOD like me as getting a third class? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It is a fuuktard like you who parambulating the streets on Nigeria looking for a job that wants to insult an intellectual GOD like me as getting a third class? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a pure cretinous fuuktard! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Mixty: 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sagamite:

MIXTY!

MIXTY!

MIXTY!

It is a fuuktard like you who thinks an accountant doing her Articles meant she wrote articles for publication by her accountancy firm that wants to insult an intellectual GOD like me as getting a third class? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It is a fuuktard like you who parambulating the streets on Nigeria looking for a job that wants to insult an intellectual GOD like me as getting a third class? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a pure cretinous fuuktard! grin
Negro, you are so narrow minded. Really!
Is accounting/management the only body of knowledge in the world. I can say a million things in engineering and oil/gas that you know absolutely nothing about!
I ain't narrow-minded and myopic, daft one. I try to broaden my knowledge, to learn as much as i can.
I ain't gonna start bragging here like you do. won't wanna discuss career here.
Let me refrain and keep cool!

1 Like

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Sagamite(m): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
Mixty:

Negro, you are so narrow minded. Really!
Is accounting/management the only body of knowledge in the world. I can say a million things in engineering and oil/gas that you know absolutely nothing about!
I ain't narrow-minded and myopic, daft one. I try to broaden my knowledge, to learn as much as i can.
I ain't gonna start bragging here like you do. won't wanna discuss career here.
Let me refrain and keep cool!

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

You brightened your knowledge so much that by your 20s you did not know the exams people in one of the major occupations do? grin grin grin grin grin

Moronic fuuktard, you are going to brag about what? ............Being broke and sending out CVs? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by pweetiedee(m): 10:53am On Jun 30, 2015
Sagamite:

You brightened your knowledge so much that by your 20s you did not know the exams people in one of the major occupations do? grin grin grin grin grin

Moronic fuuktard, you are going to brag about what? ............Being broke and sending out CVs? grin grin grin grin grin grin
LOOOL! i love this. MIXTY MIXTY MIXTY.

2 Likes

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Mixty: 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
Sagamite:

In Nas's voice - negro pleeeeeease...Never knew you were this dumb and myopic. Can you mention the exams people write in aviation, marine, engineering, oil/gas or even the medical industry
You are so full of yourself thinking the accounting/management profession is one of the few 'major' professions grin. Back in those days, only the dullards read management courses. Even in the labour market, the engineers dust the management graduates to gain jobs in the banks and the big 4. Poo on management / accounting field bro...it's a no man's field. Every dick, tom and harry can excel in such.
I am not braggadocios but lemme say a lil about myself - you are actually right. I was a child of the hustle. embarassed During my time in the labour market searching for a good living, I got to the final stage of one of the big 4. But I didn't go for the interview. Why? Cos I got better offers elsewhere. So fcvk it! angry You ain't a superstar if all you can only think within your tiny box called 'management consulting', a very vague term by the way. Every broke and jobless guy out there claims to be a 'consultant'. Negro, you are broke!
So stop being daft and bow! angry tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Mixty: 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
pweetiedee:

LOOOL! i love this. MIXTY MIXTY MIXTY.
Park one side jor. undecided I will advise you to stay off this. You won't be able to handle the barrage when I start. I am offering you a wise advice. You will be stupid to ignore my advice.. wink
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mixty:

Park one side jor. undecided I will advise you to stay off this. You won't be able to handle the barrage when I start. I am offering you a wise advice. You will be stupid to ignore my advice.. wink
haha!!!

You're in with sagamite, that guy is a cretinous fucktarrd. grin grin
Oh god!!, watching both of you in 10D.

Grabs my popcorn and Hennessey.
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by chic2pimp(m): 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mixty:

During my time in the labour market searching for a good living, I got to the final stage of one of the big 4. But I didn't go for the interview. Why? Cos I got better offers elsewhere. So fcvk it!

Are you telling me you were that close to possibly securing a job at one of the Big 4 firms and you turned it down? Not only did you turn it down, you also had "BETTER OFFERS" elsewhere? Really? Common Brah grin.

1 Like

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by KELVIN086: 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
epic
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Mixty: 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
chic2pimp:

Are you telling me you were that close to possibly securing a job at one of the Big 4 firms and you turned it down? Not only did you turn it down, you also had "BETTER OFFERS" elsewhere? Really? Common Brah grin.

I was referring to the big 4 audit firms in Nigeria. In case you don't know, they are one of the least paying corporations in Nigeria...I am sure the dummy sagamite doesn't know that. In addition, most engineers rightly prefer to work in engineering firms. No engineer wants to end up in an audit firm...that which sagamite is dying for grin
That guy is narrow-minded cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by chic2pimp(m): 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mixty:

I was referring to the big 4 audit firms in Nigeria. In case you don't know, they are one of the least paying corporations in Nigeria...I am sure the dummy sagamite doesn't know that. In addition, most engineers rightly prefer to work in engineering firms. No engineer wants to end up in an audit firm...that which sagamite is dying for grin
That guy is narrow-minded cheesy

My bad Bro grin. Thought you were referring to the Big 4 Accounting Firms. I'm not going to and neither I am willing to get myself involved in you and Saga's higgi hagga(as the Hon Patrick would say grin).

I am actually quite surprised that they are one of the least paying firms. Are there any specific reasons for that being the case? I would have thought they would be looking to attract the best brains the Nigerian Labour market has to offer? How are they able to do that when other firms are offering healthier financial packages? Or are they just getting by on their name alone meaning people are willing to work for them regardless of pay packet?
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
LadyFiona:
haha!!!

You're in with sagamite, that guy is a cretinous fucktarrd. grin grin
Oh god!!, watching both of you in 10D.

Grabs my popcorn and Hennessey.

Is it your family's God you just insulted?

Mixty:

In Nas's voice - negro pleeeeeease...Never knew you were this dumb and myopic. Can you mention the exams people write in aviation, marine, engineering, oil/gas or even the medical industry
You are so full of yourself thinking the accounting/management profession is one of the few 'major' professions grin. Back in those days, only the dullards read management courses. Even in the labour market, the engineers dust the management graduates to gain jobs in the banks and the big 4. Poo on management / accounting field bro...it's a no man's field. Every dick, tom and harry can excel in such.
I am not braggadocios but lemme say a lil about myself - you are actually right. I was a child of the hustle. embarassed During my time in the labour market searching for a good living, I got to the final stage of one of the big 4. But I didn't go for the interview. Why? Cos I got better offers elsewhere. So fcvk it! angry You ain't a superstar if all you can only think within your tiny box called 'management consulting', a very vague term by the way. Every broke and jobless guy out there claims to be a 'consultant'. Negro, you are broke!
So stop being daft and bow! angry tongue

You are a daft cretinous fuuktard!

You want to excuse your stupidity? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why do you make it so easy to humiliate you? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol! That was a joke. You don't make it easy, it is just easy because you are a ................fuuuktard. Cretins are always easy to humiliate. grin grin grin

First of all, fuuktard, Articles is not the name of the exam accountants write, you cretin. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Secondly, in virtually all parts of the world, some of the premier career lines are Law, Medicine and Accountancy.

Cretin, any well educated and knowledgeable person should have an idea of the exams in those 3 areas. And you are so cretinous to say you have "brightened your knowledge"? grin grin grin grin grin

Who the fck gives a shit about what exam you do as a carpenter or plumber? grin grin grin grin

I can't believe this fuukard just said accountancy has historically not been a major religion.

Fuuktard, which failed institution produced you? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You got better offers but are still unemployed? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Sagamite(m): 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
chic2pimp:

He had better offers but he is still unemployed and looking for a job.

He got to the final stage of the Big 4 accountancy firm but he thought someone doing the Articles in a Big 4 was writing an article for publication.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Soon he would tell us the Democrats have been harassing him to run for US presidency after Obama finishes. grin grin grin grin grin

chic2pimp:

My bad Bro grin. Thought you were referring to the Big 4 Accounting Firms. I'm not going to and neither I am willing to get myself involved in you and Saga's higgi hagga(as the Hon Patrick would say grin).
I am actually quite surprised that they are one of the least paying firms. Are there any specific reasons for that being the case? I would have thought they would be looking to attract the best brains the Nigerian Labour market has to offer? How are they able to do that when other firms are offering healthier financial packages? Or are they just getting by on their name alone meaning people are willing to work for them regardless of pay packet?

If the fuuktard was employed, he would know that in Nigeria, bar O&G industry, the Big 4 tend to pay higher entry salaries than most Engineering companies.

That just shows you this cretin is lying he got offers. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by pweetiedee(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mixty:

Stay Off? Nah.
Re: My Story As Third Class Graduate by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
smileyInteresting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Resign From My Bank Job? / Cibn / 11 Best Places To Learn For Free Online (& Get A Certificate Of Completion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.