Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. (10354 Views)

Do You Work On Iwriter? Come On In If You Desire To Be A Premium Or Elite Writer / Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote / We Can Help You Buy All That You Desire In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
psalmade:
hi Mr Shawng when sourcing for supplier on alibaba are all the gold supplier trusted? and also how does one know a manufacturing company and a trading company cos most of them write both there

Yes gold suppliers are more trusted and reliable cos they have a lot to loss if found wanting. Most of them in alibaba are manufacturing company who might be in trading to boost sales. You can also know this by reading their company profile. I hope this answer your questions.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by psalmade(m): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
shawn5ng:

Yes gold suppliers are more trusted and reliable cos they have a lot to loss if found wanting. Most of them in alibaba are manufacturing company who might be in trading to boost sales. You can also know this by reading their company profile. I hope this answer your questions.
yea thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by aralgreen: 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
hi shawn5ng which chinese site wld u say offers the best quality items
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 7:15am On Jul 20, 2015
aralgreen:
hi shawn5ng which chinese site wld u say offers the best quality items
Alibaba and dhgate.com personal opinion.why? cos u can give them ur specifications.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by pepe1: 5:38am On Jul 22, 2015
Pls how do I make t/t transfer?

How do I pay through Nonnykings?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by iykebest1(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2015
Shawn5ng. Am I in the right place or is there any other thread I need to check up?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 11:19am On Jul 22, 2015
For those who are interested in the joint importation u can read info on my thread:
Joint importation/collective bargaining-Alibaba manufacturers/uk products
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 11:26am On Jul 22, 2015
iykebest1:
Shawn5ng. Am I in the right place or is there any other thread I need to check up?
We spoke right. You can read all u need to know on this thread.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 11:29am On Jul 22, 2015
pepe1:
Pls how do I make t/t transfer?

How do I pay through Nonnykings?
T/T is done thru bank. It means Telegraphic Transfer.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by iykebest1(m): 11:57am On Jul 22, 2015
shawn5ng:

We spoke right. You can read all u need to know on this thread.
yea. Am doing that already. Thanks again buh still expect my calls.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by pepe1: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2015
shawn5ng:

T/T is done thru bank. It means Telegraphic Transfer.
What rate do they use?
For instance, stanbic gives #199.5/$. Will they still use that and is there other charges?
I am trying to compare using
1. T/T
2. Shipping agent, their charges and exchange rate differential.
3. PayPal and paying the PP charges for the seller.
4. Western Union

In terms of costs and security.

Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
pepe1:

What rate do they use?
For instance, stanbic gives #199.5/$. Will they still use that and is there other charges?
I am trying to compare using
1. T/T
2. Shipping agent, their charges and exchange rate differential.
3. PayPal and paying the PP charges for the seller.
4. Western Union

In terms of costs and security.

Thanks
1 T/T is not that secure except u have 100% trust in the seller.
2. One applies to westy too.
TT charges is 0.5% of the fund +2250
Westy is 18k on every $1,000
Exchange rate is determine by the market force.

Among the dual paypal is more secured.
Hope this has answered ur question.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
shawn5ng:
For those who are interested in the joint importation u can read info on my thread:
Joint importation/collective bargaining-Alibaba manufacturers/uk products

Moderator has deleted my thread for no reasons. Have been on naira land since 2007. Have sold several phones thru this medium. No one has ever accused me of cheating or duping them. Am still surprised why my thread will be deleted without going against the terms and condition of nairaland. Is it now a sin to do genuine business on nairaland again. I strongly protest against this action. Shawn
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
shawn5ng:

Moderator has deleted my thread for no reasons. Have been on naira land since 2007. Have sold several phones thru this medium. No one has ever accused me of cheating or duping them. Am still surprised why my thread will be deleted without going against the terms and condition of nairaland. Is it now a sin to do genuine business on nairaland again. I strongly protest against this action. Shawn
you too..why are you charging people before they can join your group?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 7:19am On Jul 24, 2015
omoteamac:
you too..why are you charging people before they can join your group?
You see we need to understand something in business. Firstly, this pull of 1k is for us all.
2. There are logistics involve.
3. The balance will be used to clear our goods and if we have to add to it it will just be a token
And all these will be delibrated during our group chat. For God sake we are running a transparent biz here.
The 1k is just to get only serious minded ppl rather than everybody that will be pulling us back.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by newacca: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2015
Importing from China is good for people who know how to handle embarrassment ( no disprect ) cos I have heard a lot of sad stories about goods from that side. Though great products too come from that end, but when you are not too sure, go to market where you get quality products.
I import from US,Canada and UK, even the China products that go into those countries are checked for standard and quality assurance. smiley

If you wan know whether na true abi na lie I dey talk, grin check the goods I just imported for the states
https://www.facebook.com/phonesplusgadgets/posts/915332811863343

Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2015
shawn5ng:

You see we need to understand something in business. Firstly, this pull of 1k is for us all.
2. There are logistics involve.
3. The balance will be used to clear our goods and if we have to add to it it will just be a token
And all these will be delibrated during our group chat. For God sake we are running a transparent biz here.
The 1k is just to get only serious minded ppl rather than everybody that will be pulling us back.
but you didn't state all these on that thread..
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 6:50am On Jul 25, 2015
omoteamac:
but you didn't state all these on that thread..
Well, maybe not but thats the plan.
Anyway not to derail this thread has any body imported recently base on the question and answer.
Just discover a new shipping agent that is reliable and cheaper. Brb.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by MUSACALLY(m): 7:19am On Jul 25, 2015
Please....After searching for the product I want to buy and getting it.... what process do I follow in the payment, is it through the website or through agent like chirvalic mall ...and if its through the website (like alliexpress) how do i let them no that it's to Nigeria that they'll ship the product for me....
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by ceaser: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2015
shawn5ng:

Anyway not to derail this thread has any body imported recently base on the question and answer.

Friends, I need urgent advice.
I was able to get in touch with a portable solar home system seller on Alibaba thru facebook and subsequently whatsapp. She said she won't be able to get me the quotations until Monday.
But I noticed that she wants to know if more info about me. She complimented my looks (apparently saw my whatsapp dp). She has asked if I was a businessman to which I answered in the negative and now she is asking if I am from Nigeria. She even wants to know what exactly i do for a living. I feel she wants to know more. Should I oblige her the answers or do I have tk thread softly and avoid too much familiarity which I feel she is heading towards? Heck! What is it with these guys using females as sale agents.
Please advise
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2015
MUSACALLY:
Please....After searching for the product I want to buy and getting it.... what process do I follow in the payment, is it through the website or through agent like chirvalic mall ...and if its through the website (like alliexpress) how do i let them no that it's to Nigeria that
they'll ship the product for me....
My ten kobo advise is this.
Never you ship direct to naija if u dont want ur goods stay 1 month on sea.
Buy thru third party and they ship for u
Or buy urself and look for clearing agent to help u ship it. It is more faster this way.
To ur question

Send them ur agent address and phone number but for aliexpress u can add the agent address under shipping address or send ur agent address and contact to the seller. They know what to do.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2015
shawn5ng:

ok bro..no wahala..
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by horlash96: 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
Please room... How can I get free samples from aliexpress.com or China online stores like dhgate and others
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by ceaser: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
shawn5ng:

Abdulkr what do you intend to import
How do you intend to sell
Who are ur target market
What is your capital for the business
Which location do you want to operate from
Ask your self these questions and revert.

shawn5ng. It appears you are not on whatsapp. I can't find you you in the liat. Is there anybother playfoem fo instant messaging? I am not on wechat.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
ceaser:

Friends, I need urgent advice.
I was able to get in touch with a portable solar home system seller on Alibaba thru facebook and subsequently whatsapp. She said she won't be able to get me the quotations until Monday.
But I noticed that she wants to know if more info about me. She complimented my looks (apparently saw my whatsapp dp). She has asked if I was a businessman to which I answered in the negative and now she is asking if I am from Nigeria. She even wants to know what exactly i do for a living. I feel she wants to know more. Should I oblige her the answers or do I have tk thread softly and avoid too much familiarity which I feel she is heading towards? Heck! What is it with these guys using females as sale agents.
Please advise

Let ur conversation be strictly biz. No familiarity

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
ceaser:

shawn5ng. It appears you are not on whatsapp. I can't find you you in the liat. Is there anybother playfoem fo instant messaging? I am not on wechat.
Bb pin7E312B7A
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
horlash96:
Please room... How can I get free samples from aliexpress.com or China online stores like dhgate and others
Free sample is based on the seller u are dealing with. Some will send u free while some will ask u to pay for sample.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by Amalaaba: 5:24am On Jul 26, 2015
shawn5ng:
Do u know that you can start your importation with just 20k. Look inward look around things are happening. Your own is to ask, our own is to answer.

I live in PH and i want to start importation business with N50,000 immediately.

Please walk me through the process of choosing the products, bringing the products and selling.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
Amalaaba:

I live in PH and i want to start importation business with N50,000 immediately.

Please walk me through the process of choosing the products, bringing the products and selling.

Thanks in advance!
You have to define what u intend to import. Honestly there are various things to import that u might even get confuse on what product to import. My advise is check ur environment and look for a product that seems scarce.
Go online and register with alibaba, aliexpress or dhgate, search for product and send mail to the seller on price, terms of payment, moq and shipping. Ur shipping agent will send the goods down to lag or ph base on ur arrangement with them.
Scroll thru this thread u will see contacts of shipping agent i use myself.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
shawn5ng:

Shawn..Can you say more abt this?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by kaposky(f): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
You can start your mini importation business by
knowing the peculiar products to start importing that
sells fast in Nigeria.
I have compiled it for you for free.
Get it from my signature link below.
Enjoy
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by ceaser: 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
shawn5ng:

Let ur conversation be strictly biz. No familiarity
shawn5ng:

Bb pin7E312B7A
Currently have issues with my BBM. But could you use this forum to answer my inquiries for now?

Thanks for the earloer response.
My next question is why would a Nigerian importer on Alibaba prefer forwarding agents? I assume that like on Aliexpress, there are also options for shipping goods thru China Post, Singapore post, Netherland post etc that will get the item straight to the post office nearest to your delivery address.

How is this option comparable to forwarding agents cost-wise, logistics-wise and time of delivery?

Also is the FOB price of an item on Alibaba inclusive of the price to get it to Nigeria, as it is done on Aliexpress?

If I will be using a forwarding agent, which of the two prices - EXW or FOB - should I insist the seller quote?

please an urgent reply will be appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Open A Bank Account In Nigeria / Keystone Bank Introduces ‘Zero Data’ Mobile Banking App / 4 Ways To Improve Your Brand Identity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.