Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,005 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. (10357 Views)

Do You Work On Iwriter? Come On In If You Desire To Be A Premium Or Elite Writer / Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote / We Can Help You Buy All That You Desire In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2015
ceaser:

Currently have issues with my BBM. But could you use this forum to answer my inquiries for now?

Thanks for the earloer response.
My next question is why would a Nigerian importer on Alibaba prefer forwarding agents? I assume that like on Aliexpress, there are also options for shipping goods thru China Post, Singapore post, Netherland post etc that will get the item straight to the post office nearest to your delivery address.

How is this option comparable to forwarding agents cost-wise, logistics-wise and time of delivery?

Also is the FOB price of an item on Alibaba inclusive of the price to get it to Nigeria, as it is done on Aliexpress?

If I will be using a forwarding agent, which of the two prices - EXW or FOB - should I insist the seller quote?

please an urgent reply will be appreciated.

To ur first question china post is synonimous to snail just like our nipost. Remember time is money. Their service is slow to put it simple.
2. Goods can get missing. No insurance.
Agent can get ur goods down here within 2day.
Courier service like dhl, ups are more expensive but reliable.
F.o.b means free on board not including freight charges. If they add c.i.f to ur fob then cost, insurance and freight. shipping is included.
If u are shipping to ur agent just negotiate with ur seller if they can send it free to ur agent. Sime will accept some will not. Usually the price is always minimal.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by ABDULKKR(m): 7:42am On Jul 27, 2015
@shawn5ng, please can you list me a reliable shipping agents/companies and how I can get to them
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
ABDULKKR:
@shawn5ng, please can you list me a reliable shipping agents/companies and how I can get to them
Try Non-king. Their service is good.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by pepe1: 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
shawn5ng:

Try Non-king. Their service is good.
@shawn5ng, are you not aware of the numerous complaints from customers against Noniking.
Pls if you have their password, kindly share with us.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
Honestly i don't have problem with them. Maybe because am their account officer but besides that they treat all customer on the same platform but that is not to say there wont be an error of .5% but they are still the best.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by ceaser: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
shawn5ng:

To ur first question china post is synonimous to snail just like our nipost. Remember time is money. Their service is slow to put it simple.
2. Goods can get missing. No insurance.
Agent can get ur goods down here within 2day.
Courier service like dhl, ups are more expensive but reliable.
F.o.b means free on board not including freight charges. If they add c.i.f to ur fob then cost, insurance and freight. shipping is included.
If u are shipping to ur agent just negotiate with ur seller if they can send it free to ur agent. Sime will accept some will not. Usually the price is always minimal.

Thank you. Brief and explanatory.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by ceaser: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
shawn5ng:
Honestly i don't have problem with them. Maybe because am their account officer but besides that they treat all customer on the same platform but that is not to say there wont be an error of .5% but they are still the best.

Oh, that's good then. We know who to ram it on when we get f*cked up by Nonny. grin
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by Yungstev007(m): 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
shawn5ng:
I want to buy some items from different seller but I want it to get here as a single package. Is it possible? If yes How!!!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 4:21am On Aug 04, 2015
Yungstev007:
I want to buy some items from different seller but I want it to get here as a single package. Is it possible? If yes How!!!
Oh yes it is very possible. Send the same address to those sellers and get ur tracking number from them all. Forward it to ur clearing agent given them instruction not to ship as u are expecting more goods. On getting all ur goods inform them to package it in one bag. Shikenah.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by abbeyforex(m): 7:51am On Aug 11, 2015
Updated Aug. 11, 2015 7:10 a.m. Nigerian Time

BEIJING—China’s central bank(PBOC) devalued its tightly controlled currency, causing its biggest one-day loss in two decades, as the world’s second-largest economy continues to sputter.

Chinese authorities said the change would help drive the currency toward more market-driven movements. The move also signaled the government’s growing worry about slow growth. A shift toward a weaker currency could help flagging exports at a time when many other efforts to boost the economy haven’t proven very effective.

China’s yuan(RMB) has been on an upward track for a decade, during which the country’s economy grew to be the second largest in the world and the currency gained importance globally. The devaluation Tuesday was the most significant downward adjustment to the yuan since 1994, when as part of a break from Communist state planning, Beijing let the currency fall by one-third.

Effect to we Importers :

As a currency becomes cheaper versus other currencies, it becomes more attractive for investors to buy it because they can often take a long (wait for the price to increase) position and make money that way. It also gives more incentive for investors/creditors to invest in large projects that are happening within an economy. Products that are created in a china become more attractive because of their price. Products now become lesser if one takes solely relative purchasing power into account.

One historical example of keeping a currency artificially cheap is China keeping the Renminbi cheap and pegged to the dollar. They wanted consumers/companies from abroad to buy their products so their businesses could continue to grow. This is one reason why China saw a booming economy in export industry. Many Western companies chose to have their products sourced from China because they knew they would get a good exchange rate, thus making the product cheaper. By keeping the Renminbi cheap, China was able to promote trade and begin to help their struggling economy. They have only recently begun to take away some of their instruments that artificially keep the prices low.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by shawn5ng(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
Good development for we importers.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by adebayo3449(m): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
please what is the normal price for customized wrist band and please if you have any customer introduce me to them
Re: Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
adebayo3449:
please what is the normal price for customized wrist band and please if you have any customer introduce me to them
You can pay me to customise the wristbands for you at an affordable price. Check my signature for my Contact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Open A Bank Account In Nigeria / Keystone Bank Introduces ‘Zero Data’ Mobile Banking App / 4 Ways To Improve Your Brand Identity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.