Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

How Old Is The Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Old Is The Earth? (845 Views)

How Old Is Jesus This Year? / Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? / How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Is The Earth? by Kalatium(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
Christians date the earth to about 6000 years others 10 000 or 14 000.But scientist say it is 4.5 billion years.Which is the truth.I need your comments
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
Huh...
The most accurate is the scientific one
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by plaetton: 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:
Huh...
The most accurate is the scientific one
Obviously.

But why would the op be asking which is the truth in this year 2015?
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Obviously.

But why would the op be asking which is the truth in this year 2015?
He wants to know obviously...
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by piicity(m): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
THE EARTH IS 2015 YEARS OLD AND DON'T ASK ME WHY COS AKPORS KNOWS THAT BETTER,IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW,FAST FOR 7 DAYS ON ERIO MOUNTAIN AT ERIO EKITI OR GO ASK BABA GOD
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
None can give a conservative estimate of the earth. U only believed wat u wer told.
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by CountDracula(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
Who cares?
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by plaetton: 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:

He wants to know obviously...

I don't mean to be rude, but should we not worry why, in Nigeria, adults, not children, are asking these type of questions after presumably going through our educational system?

It worries me greatly.
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

I don't mean to be rude, but should we not worry why, in Nigeria, adults, not children, are asking these type of questions after presumably going through our educational system?

It worries me greatly.
It doesn't...
Really, it's a normal question that even a Professor or Neurology can ask...
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by plaetton: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jollyjoy:
None can give a conservative estimate of the earth. U only believed wat u wer told.

Belief? shocked

Why are you still talking about belief when the scientific answer has been given to you?

Why are Nigerians science deniers, while enjoying all the products of scientific enterprise?
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Old Is The Earth? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Belief? shocked

Why are you still talking about belief when the scientific answer has been given to you?

Why are Nigerians science deniers, while enjoying all the products of scientific enterprise?
undecided undecided
i d come bak for u.
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by plaetton: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:

It doesn't...
Really, it's a normal question that even a Professor or Neurology can ask...

Which professor?
Nigeria professor, perhaps?

That is the problem I am talking about.

What is it in our Nigerian brains that is just allergic to scientific explanations?

Have they stopped teaching science in Nigerian schools since I left secondary school 25 years ago?
Seriously.

1 Like

Re: How Old Is The Earth? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Which professor?
Nigeria professor, perhaps?

That is the problem I am talking about.

What is it in our Nigerian brains that is just allergic to scientific explanations?

Have they stopped teaching science in Nigerian schools since I left secondary school 25 years ago?
Seriously.
So you knew How old the universe was in Your Secondary school days?
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by Karlovich: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
4.5 billion years
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by plaetton: 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:

So you knew How old the universe was in Your Secondary school days?

Yes.

But, to be honest with you, I didn't believe it then because 4.7 billion years was too Large a number to even fit into my mind.
But the figure still stuck in my brain, and made me even more curious to understand the mechanics of the universe.
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by anangboy(m): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
Searching for answers, you are not in the wrong.
The scientific analysis is obviously plausible.
Re: How Old Is The Earth? by Kalatium(m): 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
I can agree the earth is 4.5 billion years but what abt man evolving from ape. It goes contrary to the bible and its confusing.
If you accept the earth to be 4.5 billion years and deny evolution then you are bias.

(1) (Reply)

Lilith: The First Wife Of Adam / Advise!!!my Mum Doesn't Want Us To Eat Sallah Food. / Olumba Olumba Obu Consecrates 214 New Bishops And 2 Arch-bishops In One Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.