Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian (81456 Views)

I Will Collect My N4Billion From Sahara Reporters – Saraki / Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Even Nigerian Police Officers Can't Spell Correctly (SEE PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by neocortex: 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
citizenisb:
A lot of times we try to project the image of the benign, peace loving drunk from Otueke to cover up the complete rot his administration represented. It is just a repeat of history as most of us know that Shagari is a good man but his administration was very corrupt.

I stay in Abuja and I know that the corruption under the GEJ administration was monumental and the enormous revenue accrued to the government was wasted even much more than Abacha, Babangida and Obasanjo combined. Why are we so wicked to keep on defending his administration.

Buhari has a lot of personal flaws but if we can remember this election was a referendum on GEJ not necessarily about Buhari in the swing states of the South West and North Central.

Whether he appoints Ministers this night or next year it is a huge relief from the madness we just went through for six years.

It will take a lot for us to recover with the depleted external reserves, crash of crude prices, a possible Greek default, reduction in summer travel and GDP/ Oil use due to terrorism fears, a huge slowdown in China, 30 million barrels of stored Iranian crude about to hit the market with the removal of sanctions and two possible interest rate hikes by the US Federal Reserve.

We are in interesting times no matter who is at the helm and the earlier we all hunker down and pray to weather the storm without terrible social unrest that will come with job losses, subsidy removal, Naira devaluation and corresponding hyperinflation adding to the Boko Haram insurgency decimating the North East and the bankruptcy of the states.

Let me give you a brief example; Buhari told the governors to negotiate longer loan tenors with the banks up to 20 years to reduce the strain and inability to pay salaries, do you know how that will affect bank profits and systemic liquidity. What will happen to their Oil and Gas loans if oil prices dip further.

May God help this country but please it is sheer wickedness to bring up the previous administrations records. In other climes they would have been shot by now.

You need your examined by experts.
I wonder what you get from perpetuating hatred and propaganda.
All your rant was just cliches no single fact to back it up while some
zombies who would rather follow bandwagon than reason for themselves
went ahead and likjed your post.
Just tell me what Saraki citizenship have to do with the useless excuses
you cooked up for Buhari's apparent failures. Lacking any meaningful contribution
to this discourse , you thought throwing vitriolic outbursts at GEJ was fulfilling
for you.
Now I believe that not all "education" are equal.

Your life may be much more better if you concentrate inwards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by neocortex: 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
citizenisb:
A lot of times we try to project the image of the benign, peace loving drunk from Otueke to cover up the complete rot his administration represented. It is just a repeat of history as most of us know that Shagari is a good man but his administration was very corrupt.

I stay in Abuja and I know that the corruption under the GEJ administration was monumental and the enormous revenue accrued to the government was wasted even much more than Abacha, Babangida and Obasanjo combined. Why are we so wicked to keep on defending his administration.

Buhari has a lot of personal flaws but if we can remember this election was a referendum on GEJ not necessarily about Buhari in the swing states of the South West and North Central.

Whether he appoints Ministers this night or next year it is a huge relief from the madness we just went through for six years.

It will take a lot for us to recover with the depleted external reserves, crash of crude prices, a possible Greek default, reduction in summer travel and GDP/ Oil use due to terrorism fears, a huge slowdown in China, 30 million barrels of stored Iranian crude about to hit the market with the removal of sanctions and two possible interest rate hikes by the US Federal Reserve.

We are in interesting times no matter who is at the helm and the earlier we all hunker down and pray to weather the storm without terrible social unrest that will come with job losses, subsidy removal, Naira devaluation and corresponding hyperinflation adding to the Boko Haram insurgency decimating the North East and the bankruptcy of the states.

Let me give you a brief example; Buhari told the governors to negotiate longer loan tenors with the banks up to 20 years to reduce the strain and inability to pay salaries, do you know how that will affect bank profits and systemic liquidity. What will happen to their Oil and Gas loans if oil prices dip further.

May God help this country but please it is sheer wickedness to bring up the previous administrations records. In other climes they would have been shot by now.

You need your examined by experts.
I wonder what you get from perpetuating hatred and propaganda.
All your rant was just cliches no single fact to back it up while some
zombies who would rather follow bandwagon than reason for themselves
went ahead and liked your post.
Just tell me what Saraki citizenship have to do with the useless excuses
you cooked up for Buhari's apparent failures. Lacking any meaningful contribution
to this discourse , you thought throwing vitriolic outbursts at GEJ was fulfilling
for you.
Now I believe that not all "education" are equal.

Your life may be much more better if you concentrate inwards.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by baby124: 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
President, Vice President and all members of the NASS should hold only one passport. If our current laws allow this then it is a big issue. Other countries could influence us so much. This law should be repealed and changed. How do you expect your law makers to work in your best interest when they owe allegiance to another country or have escape route in times of trouble? This little loophole must be sealed. If your parents don't think Nigeria is good enough for you to be given birth to, or you voluntarily swear allegiance to another country, you shouldn't have rights over the laws of Nigeria as you are not independent in any way to make laws in the best interest of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Pque(m): 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]Was all these his profile he was elected a Governor,and hitherto a senator,or did he just start them?.

don't even waste time brother, during the era of his father, Olusola Saraki, the kwara pdp god, what ever his father says is final. Inec only signs his father's word and then rig election in his favour. his father select the governor to be and the rigging and necessaries are carried out to effect that choice. That was why he ran from PDP to APC after his father's death knowing the kind of atrocities his father has committed on the platform of pdp and the since the people's eye is now clear, seeing like hallogen lamp. He ran to apc to confuse the people again. In summary, they rigged election and bribed the necessaries to get there. They are not elected democratically but money politics.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by modhream: 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
OK. Just wish someone will bring this up via OS and go all the way to SCN so we can see how they'll rule. By the way, SCOTUS was something else this last Friday! Sleep tight Friend!!
You too.
SCOTUS only gave life to the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the 14th Amendment,USC.
Some may not like it,but that's the law of the land.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by omojeesu(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
Olusola Saraki is a Nigerian. If the source is really Sahara Reporters, shame on them!
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
You must have the saying by Festo -"There is no end to learning" Eagerly looking forward to pleadings.
modhream:

Okay,it appears we need a reset of relationship here.Apparently,you're still learning your way around citizenship/constitutional law so I'll go more easy on you.
Forgive my earlier abruptness.
So,where are you in your reading now?.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Stoical: 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
Common how do you situate s.28(1) within s.25 reading communally. Still baffles me why folks get so agitated to the point of the insultive when others reason differently! We can have an intelligent discussion without agitation. Stay calm!

Hello, I would like to know what is your take with regards this issue of Saraki senatorial seat and his allege "non-nigeria" or rather "not deserving a seat in the NA. Be informed that I ain't a law student nor professional. Thanks
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by meccuno: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
NavierStokes:
HOLYBUKOLA, indeed doesn't sound like a Nigerian name. grin
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by modhream: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
You must have the saying by Festo -"There is no end to learning" Eagerly looking forward to pleadings.
Well,the confidence with which you came out swinging at first,was as if you've been called to bar many years n is an authority on constitutional law.
I get many ignoramuses here on nl,who mouth off constitution at every turn without even knowing what the preamble says.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by BermudaTriangle(m): 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
NDPVF:
Tell that to your Yorubas,who always come here to claim saraki is a yoruba,so that they will cover up their political slavery to the North.

When, from early fifties to the seventies your forefathers led by Azikiwe subserviently followed the north like zombies, they were not in slavery, or were they ? Your major problem is the contaminated brain you carry in your skull which makes you write utter stuff and nonsence in search of worthless relevance.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
OK. Just wish someone will bring this up via OS and go all the way to SCN so we can see how they'll rule. By the way, SCOTUS was something else this last Friday! Sleep tight Friend!!
The SCOTUS ruling wasn't too surprising to me. The plaintiffs based their entire argument on the 14th amendment, which would have been hard to dismiss by the justices.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by BermudaTriangle(m): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
what is this one saying undecided

Has your brains gone on leave or for repairs ?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by charlycharles(m): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Remove Saraki and watch Ekweremadu become the senate president. what about dat apc mad dogs.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
[Oh, sorry - i must do other things now Sir but you'll do well to look at my previous posts/mohdrahms on the matter. quote author=Stoical post=35261659]

Hello, I would like to know what is your take with regards this issue of Saraki senatorial seat and his allege "non-nigeria" or rather "not deserving a seat in the NA. Be informed that I ain't a law student nor professional. Thanks[/quote]
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by NDPVF(m): 9:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
BermudaTriangle:

When, from early fifties to the seventies your forefathers led by Azikiwe subserviently followed the north like zombies, they were not in slavery, or were they ? Your major problem is the contaminated brain you carry in your skull which makes you write utter stuff and nonsence in search of worthless relevance.
Please am busy.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by StOla: 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
Emekamex:
Does it mean Obama isn't american since he was born in Kenya.

Is Hawai part of Kenya? Can a man born of a Kenyan father and American mother in Hawai be termed as born in Kenya?

Don't you know you must be born in America or American territory to be eligible for POTUS?

Only American birther conspiracy theorist propagate the political fable that Obama was born in Kenya, thereby calling for his impeachment.

I'm surprised you know no better.

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by StOla: 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
charlycharles:
Remove Saraki and watch Ekweremadu become the senate president. what about dat apc mad dogs.

With which votes would Ekweremadu win an election for the senate presidency?

Or you thought the deputy ascends to that position if the senate president is removed?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yes - been there for a while now. You must have read arguments by Constitutional Law titans like FRA, Sagay,GOK et all that look stupid at first but make some sense somewhere down the line. The point I keep pushing at you is to understand that even in the midst of the mess there is some message. There is something to learn even from a fool! Interesting been with you - I need some rest now. Enjoy your week ahead!
modhream:

Well,the confidence with which you came out swinging at first,was as if you've been called to bar many years n is an authority on constitutional law.
I get many ignoramuses here on nl,who mouth off constitution at every turn without even knowing what the preamble says.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by bigtt76(f): 9:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
Dimeji Bankole found himself in this same shoes (UK citizen) and scaled it ....wonder why people never de wan learn! This is no biggie
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
citizenisb:

Apologist!!!!!
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by gryhusky(m): 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
Buhari is from the moon? Abegiiiii....even if Saraki is from Iceland.....we like him like that.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Stoical: 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
[Oh, sorry - i must do other things now Sir but you'll do well to look at my previous posts/mohdrahms on the matter. quote author=Stoical post=35261659]

Hello, I would like to know what is your take with regards this issue of Saraki senatorial seat and his allege "non-nigeria" or rather "not deserving a seat in the NA. Be informed that I ain't a law student nor professional. Thanks

Well, I tried but was confused, so I decided to quote you for a clearer view. However, I understand your message...

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by blackjack21(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Emekamex:
Does it mean Obama isn't american since he was born in Kenya.

Rather Obama isn't a Kenyan since he has a American citizenship.

22:12:48
Sun, Jun 28, 2015
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by crisycent: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
Sahara reporters is just whack! Tinubu is obviously feeding you hungry birds. Time to write rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by otokx(m): 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
charlycharles:

You will be surprised how quickly He would defect to APC.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by otokx(m): 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
bigtt76:
Dimeji Bankole found himself in this same shoes (UK citizen) and scaled it ....wonder why people never de wan learn! This is no biggie

Where is Bankole sef?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by 989900: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
discusant:
Oh Poor Saraki:

NIGERIA' S CONSTITUTION (as delivered to us by northern Nigeria soldiers)

- Qualifications for Membership of National Assembly and Right of Attendance

65. (1) Subject to the provisions of section 66 of this Constitution, a person shall be qualified for election as a member of:
(a) the Senate, if he is a citizen of Nigeria and has attained the age of 35 years; and

(b) the House of Representatives, if he is a citizen of Nigeria and has attained the age of 30 years;

(2) A person shall be qualified for election under subsection (1) of this section if:

(a) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent; and

(b) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that party.

(1) No person shall be qualified for election to the Senate or the House of Representatives if:

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, has made a declaration of allegiance to such a country;

(b) under any law in force in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind;

(c) he is under a sentence of death imposed on him by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for an offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or any other offence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court;

(d) within a period of less than 10 years before the date of an election to a legislative house, he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of a contravention of the Code of Conduct;

(e) he is an undischarged bankrupt, having been adjudged or otherwise declared bankrupt under any law in force in any part of Nigeria;

(f) he is a person employed in the public service of the Federation or of any State and has not resigned, withdrawn or retired from such employment 30 days before the date of election;

(g) he is a member of a secret society;

(h) he has been indicted for embezzlement or fraud by Judicial Commission of Inquiry or an Administrative Panel of Inquiry or a Tribunal set up under the Tribunals of Inquiry Act, a Tribunals of Inquiry Law or any other law by the Federal or State Government which indictment has been accepted by the Federal or State Governments respectively; or.

(i) he has presented a forged certificate to the Independence National Electoral Commission.

Let me highlight the 'LOL' parts for you. cheesy

The parts in 'bold' automatically disqualifies 99% of our politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by porka: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
doctokwus:
He is playing dirty so he should expect dirt thrown back at him.The day is just dawning on Saraki, soon court cases and allegations will soon start flying.
He is now in d kitchen, so he should be ready for the heat.

[size=13pt]Are you guys ready to toe this path?

Bukola Saraki is a medical doctor, just a reminder.

He will treat your god's heart attack for free.[/size]
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by 989900: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
otokx:

Where is Bankole sef?

Enjoying his loot.

People like Bankole ensured the 'old cargoes' are relevant in today's politics.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by kayalla(f): 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
after how many years?

una investigation is quite thorough i must commend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Soldiers Dancing Over Removal Of Buratai As Chief Of Army Staff (Video) / Nasarawa Relocates Emir Sanusi To Awe From Loko Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.