Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

"Contradictions" In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Contradictions" In The Bible (2743 Views)

D / Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Doctoralien(christian) / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
It is common for atheists and self acclaimed Christians to point to what they see as contradictions in the Bible. However, the atheist looks at the scriptures the same way an extremely nearsighted man would look at the Mona Lisa. To him, the painting is nothing but a meaningless blur, so he approaches it and studies the canvas from a distance of one inch (the only distance at which he can see anything in focus.)
Naturally, he concludes that the printing is horrible. This is because the only way he will ever appreciate its beauty and harmony is to step back and see the whole picture. The same is true of scripture. The Bible is intended to be read as a whole; when the complete picture is viewed, it makes perfect sense and its flawless beauty and amazing harmony can be seen.
Here are a few typical "contradictions" that skeptic present.

1. War or Peace? Exodus 15:3 "The Lord is a man of war; the LORD is his name." Contradiction: Romans 15:33 "Now the God of peace be with you all".
The Bible tells us that God fought many wars for Isreal, and that He promises "the peace of God, which surpasses every thought" to all who repent and trust the savior. It is clear that Exodus 15:3 is a reference to war, while Romans 15:33 simply refers to the peace of mind.

2. Who is the Father of Joseph? Matthew 1:16 "And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ." Contradiction: Luke 3:23 "Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli."
Luke follows Mary's genealogy, though he doesn't name any women in his list. He begins with the name of Joseph (her husband), who was Heli's son-in-law (in legal terms, his son by marriage).

3. Is Jesus equal to or lesser than God: John 10:30 " I and My Father are one." Contradiction: John 14:28 "You have heard me say to you, I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,'for my Father is greater than I."
Jesus was God manifest in human form(see John1:1-14). He was one with God in His preexistence (before He came to this earth), but in His earthly form He was "made lower than the angels for a short time so that by Gods grace He might taste death for everyone- crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death"(Hebrews 2:9). In His incarnation He was made lower than the Father in that He set aside the glory He had in Heaven and in His human weakness He became tired, hungry, and thirsty, and was limited to time and space.

4. Which came first-beast or man? Genesis 1:25,26 " And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,". Contradictions: Genesis 2:18,19 " And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.' Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name."
Genesis 1 gives us the day-by-day account of creation, whereas Genesis 2 focuses on details of man's creation. Since the creation work was finished in chapter 1, Genesis 2 begins by recapping: "So the heavens and the earth and everything in them were completed. By the seventh day, God completed His work that He had done....."(vv.1,2). Clearly, the animals came first as Genesis 1 states. In the original Hebrew used in Genesis 2, it says that God had already (ya^tsar) formed the animals from the earth, and then He brought them to Adam. He didn't create them again. Rather, He showed what He had already made to Adam. So the order is this: God made animals first, He made man second, showed the animals to Adam, and then He created woman.

5. God is no all powerful: Judges 1:19 "So the LORD was with Judah. And they drove out the mountaineers, but they couldn't drive out the inhabitants of the lowland, because they had chariots of iron." Contradictions: Luke 1:37 " For with God nothing will be impossible." God was unable to drive out the inhabitants of the valley because they have iron chariots.
Skeptics often cite the King James version, which says "he" in this verse is not a reference to God, but to Judah (as the New King James clarifies). It is clear that God helped Judah to take possession of the hill country, yet He didnt enable them to drive the people out of the valley. Perhaps it was because of their sin; regardless God has His reasons. God helped the apostle Paul in many ways, but He didnt enable him to overcome what Paul called a "thorn" in his flesh. God left him with a "valley" experience. This is common in the life of the christian. God leaves us with heavy experiences we cannot remove by ourselves. This keeps us on our knees, which is the safest place for the christian. See 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 for details of Paul's "chariot of iron".

6. How did Judas die? Matthew 27:5 states that Judas "threw the silver into the sanctuary and departed. Then he went and hanged himself." Contradiction: Acts 1:18 says of Judas "falling headfirst, he burst open in the middle, and all his insides spilled out."
The body begins to decompose shortly after death, and one exposed to air will decompose even more quickly. It seems that Judas's dead body was left hanging, and fell because of decomposition. This seems very clear in that we are told that his "insides spilled out."

7. How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign? 2 King 24:8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem. Contradiction:[/b]2 Chronicles 36:9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.
In ancient translations, eighteen is eight in Hebrews. As though as Uncle Hebrews was referred to as Brother in Babylon. You can compare 2 chronicles 36:10 "And when the year expired, King Nebuchadnezzar sent, and brought him to Babylon, with goodly vessels of the house of the LORD, and made Mattaniah (whose name was later changed to Zedekiah by King Nebuchadnezzar) his [b]brother
King over Judah and Jerusalem." with 2Kings 24:17 "And the King of Babylon made Mattaniah his father's brother (i.e Uncle) king in his stead, and changed his name to Zedekiah".

Each of the hundreds of "contradictions" in the Bible has a reasonable explanation. Sometimes it is cultural explanation, a spiritual or metaphoric interpretation, or the verses need other scriptures to explain or qualify what has been said. If you will take the time to consider the Bible as a whole, you will be able to comprehend its flawless beauty and amazing harmony, and will see that it is indeed the inspired words of our creator-God's revelation of Himself to man. The Bible is complete!

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
Observations
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by Temihatz(m): 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2015
Nice observations. Unfortunately they r many. Pls do more research. Thanks.
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Temihatz:
Nice observations. Unfortunately they r many. Pls do more research. Thanks.

yes thanks................Thats why i add the last Paragraph

Thanks alot
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by An2elect2(f): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
Well said! @ the last paragraph. I can't see any contradictions...maybe overlapping but definitely not contradictions.

The bible makes perfect sense to me and funny enough different narratives of some events and unclear explanations of some things fostered my belief in the authenticity of the Word of God.

God, wilfully allowed these, it was easy for Him to write like men, straightforward, easy but He chose instead to write in such a way that only those who know the author should understand His book.
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 9:48am On Jun 29, 2015
An2elect2:
Well said! @ the last paragraph. I can't see any contradictions...maybe overlapping but definitely not contradictions.

The bible makes perfect sense to me and funny enough different narratives of some events and unclear explanations of some things fostered my belief in the authenticity of the Word of God.

God, wilfully allowed these, it was easy for Him to write like men, straightforward, easy but He chose instead to write in such a way that only those who know the author should understand His book.

Yes that's true...... but its funny how atheist and self acclaimed Christians seems to grow by the day. Many of them rely on speculations that is not really based on any real evidence whatsoever.

The Bible is complete, it just take somebody that knows God to understand it in whole not part.
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 10:07am On Jun 29, 2015
lifter:

yes thanks................Thats why i add the last Paragraph

Thanks alot

Kindly visit this thread and explain this

https://www.nairaland.com/2396448/bunch-confusion-christianity
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by Medicis(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2015
MizJanet:

you don't believe in Jesus and you want him to explain a book you don't believe in. Keep deceiving yourself, ''your eye go soon clear"

2 Likes

Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
Medicis:
you don't believe in Jesus and you want him to explain a book you don't believe in. Keep deceiving yourself, ''your eye go soon clear"

In other words, a book of truth should not CONTRADICT cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
MizJanet:

Miss Janet

There is nothing worthy of confusion in this pick up verses rather they are short verses with big meanings, Those meaning you failed to understand or should i say see.

In the first point you said John 20:25 " so the other disciples told him, we HAVE SEEN the Lord" contradict 1Tim 6:16 " whom no man hath seen " . Explanation: The LORD in that John 20:25 means Jesus not GOD. [i]On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”[/i]John20:19-23 Now lets for to the verse that you omitted "verse 24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when[b] Jesus[/b] came."When He comes out of excitement the disciples tell him "we have seen the Lord" LORD is an appellation for a person or deity who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler.Jesus is a good example.

In 1Tim 6:16 Paul is Timothy a final Charge over his role as a minister of God. verse 15 "which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords," Now the difference is clear MizJanet John 20:25 is talking about Jesus while 1Tim6:16 is referring to God. Man have seen Jesus but NO MAN have seen GOD even Moses or Abraham mostly referenced to as "Father of Faith" didn't see God.

Point 2

1 Tim 6:16 " whom no man ... CAN SEE. This I thought we have talked about in the above paragraph.
Revelation 1:7 Is talking about Jesus not GOD, The second coming of the Son of Man.The Rapture. Man have seen Jesus and when He shall come every eyes shall see him too. Please read Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done." v.28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Mark 13:26 "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN CLOUDS with great power and glory. And Finally 1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord."

There is no contradiction in the Bible Miss, Only those that seek God finds him in His word. Have you never been amazed when a new convert opened a passage to you in the Bible and tells you wonders of it and you think inside of you that "Is this not the same verse that I have been reading myself? Why haven't I get the meaning? Its because the new convert diligently seek him.

I hope you have learnt somethings and therefore laid aside your doubt? Jesus is Real, God is the Creator- the Alpha and Omega

The grace to reign with him May He give us In Jesus Name (Amen)

Shalom!
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by trapQ: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
pls can you explain some other things to me. the bible really confuses me. I try to read the bible every other day but I get really confused most times and stop. when Jesus ressurected from the tomb and some women went to see him, why did some books say 2 women while some said 3. also some books said one angel was seen at the tomb who told them Jesus had resurrected while other books said two. pls explain this to me. thanks
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
lifter:

Miss Janet

There is nothing worthy of confusion in this pick up verses rather they are short verses with big meanings, Those meaning you failed to understand or should i say see.

In the first point you said John 20:25 " so the other disciples told him, we HAVE SEEN the Lord" contradict 1Tim 6:16 " whom no man hath seen " . Explanation: The LORD in that John 20:25 means Jesus not GOD. [i]On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”[/i]John20:19-23 Now lets for to the verse that you omitted "verse 24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when[b] Jesus[/b] came."When He comes out of excitement the disciples tell him "we have seen the Lord" LORD is an appellation for a person or deity who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler.Jesus is a good example.

In 1Tim 6:16 Paul is Timothy a final Charge over his role as a minister of God. verse 15 "which God will bring about in his own time— God , the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords," Now the difference is clear MizJanet John 20:25 is talking about Jesus while 1Tim6:16 is referring to God. Man have seen Jesus but NO MAN have seen GOD even Moses or Abraham mostly referenced to as "Father of Faith" didn't see God.

Have cancelled it out for you . The verse doesnt refer to God , " God" did not appear in 1Tim 6:15 . It was added by the dubious translators to blackmail you .

*Wrong translation*

Point 2

1 Tim 6:16 " whom no man ... CAN SEE. This I thought we have talked about in the above paragraph.
Revelation 1:7 Is talking about Jesus not GOD, The second coming of the Son of Man.The Rapture. Man have seen Jesus and when He shall come every eyes shall see him too. Please read Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done." v.28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Mark 13:26 "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN CLOUDS with great power and glory. And Finally 1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord."

There is no contradiction in the Bible Miss, Only those that seek God finds him in His word. Have you never been amazed when a new convert opened a passage to you in the Bible and tells you wonders of it and you think inside of you that "Is this not the same verse that I have been reading myself? Why haven't I get the meaning? Its because the new convert diligently seek him.

I hope you have learnt somethings and therefore laid aside your doubt? Jesus is Real, God is the Creator- the Alpha and Omega

The grace to reign with him May He give us In Jesus Name (Amen)

Shalom!

Sorry, *you used a Wrong translation of 1Tim 6:15* correct yourself.
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by johnw74: 3:37am On Jul 01, 2015
the saved see Truth
the lost see seemingly contradictions that hide the truth from them

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2015
johnw74:

[s] the saved see Truth
The lost see seemingly contradictions that hide the truth from them

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
[/s]

Start using your brain . A book of truth doesnt contradict, kindly explain this contradiction:

https://www.nairaland.com/239446/bunch-confusion-christianity
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by johnw74: 7:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Pro 26:11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool returns to his (her) folly.
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 2:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
johnw74:

SILLY MAN, am a Lady , u are a guy . So whom does the pronoun "his" in that verse fits ? cheesy cheesy
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
MizJanet:

Have cancelled it out for you . The verse doesnt refer to God , " God" did not appear in 1Tim 6:15 . It was added by the dubious translators to blackmail you .

*Wrong translation*

Sorry, *you used a Wrong translation of 1Tim 6:15* correct yourself.

Miss Janet,

Thanks to God you were able to understand Revelation 1:7, I hope you also read the other Bible verses, and if your mind is without doubt over that Glory be to God in the highest.

That being said, I read my own 1Timothy6:15 from New International Version (NIV). and it says "which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords," GOD was mentioned there.

From Good News Translation (GNT) "His appearing will be brought about at the right time by God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and the Lord of lords."

From 21st Century King James Version (KJ21) "which He in His times shall show — He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords," Potentate (noun) here means "a monarch or ruler, especially an autocratic one". Autocratic (adjective) means "of or relating to a ruler who has absolute power." King James Version(NKJV) have the same translation with 21st Century version.

Please take sometime to read this passage again and again when you are all alone with no distraction "I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen."

Mark 14:61New King James Version (NKJV) "But He kept silent and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” The high priest made reference to God here as The Blessed and Jesus as the son of The Blessed.
1 Timothy 1:11 "according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.

"The blessed and only Potentate". The phrase is a remarkable one. Potentate, which is found only in 1 Timothy 6:15 , is applied to God here only. It is used [b]of men[/b]j in Luke 1:52 "He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
And exalted the lowly." (the King James Version "the mighty," the Revised Version (British and American) "princes"wink and Acts 8:27 "And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,"("of great authority"wink.
The phrase is used to signify, by way of contrast, the superiority of the power of God over all earthly power.

If you are still not satisfy with my series of Bible translation, will you be kind enough to send me the version you are reading from? It will be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, Please read this 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10New King James Version (NKJV)

7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe,[a] because our testimony among you was believed.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
lifter:

Miss Janet,

That being said, I read my own 1Timothy6:15 from New International Version (NIV). and it says "which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords " GOD was mentioned
Are you ignorant of the fact that the christian bible was written in Greek AND NOT ENGLISH

"God " didnt appear in the greek of 1Tim 6:15 , am i speaking french ?

From 21st Century King James Version (KJ21) "which He in His times shall show — He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, " Potentate (noun) here means "a monarch or ruler, especially an autocratic one". Autocratic (adjective) means "of or relating to a ruler who has absolute power."

This version comes closer to the original , so who is the name king of kings and lord of lords reffering to ?
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by johnw74: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
MizJanet:

SILLY MAN, am a Lady

"a Lady", you are deluded

, u are a guy . So whom does the pronoun "his" in that verse fits ? cheesy cheesy

It refers to all fools, male or female, O brainless one.

johnw74:

Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 12:27am On Jul 02, 2015
MizJanet:

Are you ignorant of the fact that the christian bible was written in Greek AND NOT ENGLISH

"God " didnt appear in the greek of 1Tim 6:15 , am i speaking french ?

This version comes closer to the original , so who is the name king of kings and lord of lords reffering to ?

Miss Janet,

I believe God is helping you and you are getting hold of what I want you to understand gradually.

As was explained in your text, I assume you read the Greek translation of the Bible and in this text of my I will only quote from the Greek Bible that I can lay my hand on so there will be no clash in our translations or misunderstanding arises from difference in Bible translation.

You stated that God didn't appear in the Greek Bible version that you read but instead "the King of kings and Lord of lords". I believe that what confuse you is who was being made reference to between Jesus and GOD when Apostle Paul said "the King of kings and Lord of lords".

The phrase "king of kings" is used in the Scripture six times. Once, the title is applied to God the Father in (1 Timothy 6:15)SBL Greek New Testament (SBLGNT) "15 United times some with their own show the blessed and only ruler , the King of kings and Lord of conquered ," or as translated by New King James Version (NKJV)"15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords", and twice to the Lord Jesus in Revelation 17:14 New King James Version (NKJV) "14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.” and Revelation19:16 New King James Version (NKJV) "16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.. "
SBL Greek New Testament (SBLGNT) translation " and has on His robe and upon the thigh his name written : King of kings and Lord of lords." The other three; Ezra 7:12 New King James Version (NKJV) "12 Artaxerxes,[a] king of kings, To Ezra the priest, a scribe of the Law of the God of heaven: Perfect peace, and so forth" Ezekiel 26:7 New King James Version (NKJV) "7 For thus says the Lord God: ‘Behold, I will bring against Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses, with chariots, and with horsemen, and an army with many people." Daniel 2:37 New King James Version (NKJV) "37 You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory;"

The aforementioned refer to either Artaxerxes or Nebuchadnezzar, kings who used the phrase to express their absolute sovereignty over their respective realms (Persia and Babylon). The phrase "lord of lords" is used by itself in Scripture twice and refers to God the Father Deuteronomy 10:17 New King James Version (NKJV) "17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe." Psalm 136:3 New King James Version (NKJV) "3 Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!
For His mercy endures forever:"

In Revelation 19:16 Jesus is given the full title “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS” (Revelation 17:14 switches it to “Lord of lords and King of kings”). The title indicates someone who has the power to exercise absolute dominion over all His realm. In the case of the Lord Jesus, the realm is all of creation. In John’s vision, Jesus is returning to judge the world and establish His earthly kingdom, as He predicted in Mark 13:26 SBL Greek New Testament (SBLGNT) "And they shall see the Son of man cometh in the cloud with power much and glory."

When Jesus is called “King of kings and Lord of lords,” it means that, in the end, all other rulers will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all the earth. There is no power, no king, and no lord who can oppose Him and win. There are myriad references to this absolute rule of Jesus and His preeminence over other rulers throughout Scripture. To mention just a few, Isaiah 40:23–24 says that the Lord brings “princes to nothing” and makes earth’s rulers “emptiness.” The mere breath of the Lord will “carry them off like stubble.” Daniel’s vision of the son of man in Daniel 7:13–14 is of one whom he calls “the Ancient of Days” whose everlasting dominion is over all people, nations and languages. In the New Testament, we get a better view of the One these passages refer to. The writer of Hebrews speaks of the Lord Jesus: “He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the universe by the word of His power” (Hebrews 1:3). The next verse speaks of Jesus being “much superior” to the angels. Clearly, His rule over creation is absolute.

Fundamentally, the idea of Jesus being King of kings and Lord of lords means that there is no higher authority. His reign over all things is absolute and inviolable. God raised Him from the dead and placed Him over all things, “far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all” (Ephesians 1:21–23).

God The Father said "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart..." Jeremiah 29:13-14New King James Version (NKJV)

Please seek him, And you will be surprised that He is not far from you.

Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 3:53am On Jul 02, 2015
@ ' lifter
Lots of OFF TOPIC answers , if only you would check the deuteronomy u quote, you will discover it says ' God of gods and lord or lords' NOT AND NEVER " King of kings and Lord of lords " cheesy

Rev 19:16 says the NAME: king of kings and Lord of lords belong to Jesus , so how dare u claim it refer to the father in 1tim 6:15 ? I smell lies and hypocrisy.

Is bible describing the appearance of the father or the appearance of Jesus in 1tim 6:14,15 ?

Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2015
johnw74:

"a Lady", you are deluded

It refers to all fools , male or female, O brainless one.

The bolded part full of badmouth are kept for reference purpose .

*proof that Religion is filled with pretenders and hypocrites*
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by johnw74: 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
MizJanet:

The bolded part full of badmouth are kept for reference purpose .

But you are deluded calling yourself a Lady,
a lady doesn't use the bad language that you do.

*proof that Religion is filled with pretenders and hypocrites*

But Proverbs 26:11 does refer to all fools male and female, O brainless one.

The truth does hurt you doesn't it,
and you are self rigfhteous on top of everything else. smiley
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
johnw74:

[s] But you are deluded calling yourself a Lady, A lady doesn't use the bad language that you do.

But Proverbs 26:11 does refer to all fools male and female, O brainless one.
The truth does hurt you doesn't it, and you are self rigfhteous on top of everything else. smiley [/s]
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
MizJanet:
@ ' lifter
Lots of OFF TOPIC answers , if only you would check the deuteronomy u quote, you will discover it says ' God of gods and lord or lords' NOT AND NEVER " King of kings and Lord of lords " cheesy

Rev 19:16 says the NAME: king of kings and Lord of lords belong to Jesus , so how dare u claim it refer to the father in 1tim 6:15 ? I smell lies and hypocrisy.

Is bible describing the appearance of the father or the appearance of Jesus in 1tim 6:14,15 ?

Miss Janet,

Glory be to God in the Highest, your knowledge about the Bible is been broaden and God will continue to help us as we proceed.

I believe you made a mistake of not reading my earlier text very well before you reply. Please Miss Janet, I beseech you read my text with a mind to understand not just to respond and counter.

In my previous text I said "The aforementioned refer to either Artaxerxes or Nebuchadnezzar, kings who used the phrase to express their absolute sovereignty over their respective realms (Persia and Babylon). The phrase "lord of lords" is used by itself in Scripture twice and refers to God the Father Deuteronomy 10:17 New King James Version (NKJV) "17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe." Psalm 136:3 New King James Version (NKJV) "3 Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!
For His mercy endures forever:"

Please Note: Not in any way did I mention "King of Kings" in the above quoted verse. Please read that paragraph very well. Same applies to the Psalm 136:3 that was quoted.

Having said that, I move to your second level question. Let read again Revelation 19:16 it says[i] "King James Version (KJV) 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords."
[/i]
In my previous text I made it clear on this "[b]In Revelation 19:16 Jesus is given the full title “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS” (Revelation 17:14 switches it to “Lord of lords and King of kings”). The title indicates someone who has the power to exercise absolute dominion over all His realm. In the case of the Lord Jesus, the realm is all of creation. In John’s vision, Jesus is returning to judge the world and establish His earthly kingdom, as He predicted in Mark 13:26 SBL Greek New Testament (SBLGNT) "And they shall see the Son of man cometh in the cloud with power much and glory."

When Jesus is called “King of kings and Lord of lords,” it means that, in the end, all other rulers will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all the earth. There is no power, no king, and no lord who can oppose Him and win. There are myriad references to this absolute rule of Jesus and His preeminence over other rulers throughout Scripture. To mention just a few, Isaiah 40:23–24 says that the Lord brings “princes to nothing” and makes earth’s rulers “emptiness.” The mere breath of the Lord will “carry them off like stubble.” Daniel’s vision of the son of man in Daniel 7:13–14 is of one whom he calls “the Ancient of Days” whose everlasting dominion is over all people, nations and languages. In the New Testament, we get a better view of the One these passages refer to. The writer of Hebrews speaks of the Lord Jesus: “He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the universe by the word of His power” (Hebrews 1:3). The next verse speaks of Jesus being “much superior” to the angels. Clearly, His rule over creation is absolute.

Fundamentally, the idea of Jesus being King of kings and Lord of lords means that there is no higher authority. His reign over all things is absolute and inviolable. God raised Him from the dead and placed Him over all things, “far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all” (Ephesians 1:21–23)."[/b]

"Is bible describing the appearance of the father or the appearance of Jesus in 1tim 6:14,15 ?" Thanks for coming out boldly with what still troubles your mind.
1 Timothy 6:14-15New King James Version (NKJV) 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

In the verse Apostle Paul was urging Timothy [i]"in the sight of God" ....."and before Christ Jesus"......"until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing,"[/i]. As clearly stated, the verse is talking about the appearance of Jesus Christ. Read also[i] "So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (NIV, Matthew 24:43-44)",
Hebrews 9:28New King James Version (NKJV) 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.
Acts 1:11New King James Version (NKJV)
11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”[/i]

Read to understand; not to find the flaws to counter. Known therefor that there is no flaws whatsoever with the Bible. The Bible is so complete. It has stand the test of time, wars, great scientist and well known Atheist that are far more experienced and literate than you.

I don't mean to ridicule you, not at all because that is a sin itself unto my GOD and I am not judging you either because it is written " Matthew 7:1 (King James Version (KJV) Judge not, that ye be not judged".

Please read "2 Peter 2:21
It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them."

Peace of Jesus be with you.

Shalom!
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 8:17am On Jul 03, 2015
lifter

"Is bible describing the appearance of the father or the
appearance of Jesus [size=23]in 1tim 6:14,15 ?" [/size] Thanks for
coming out boldly with what still troubles your mind.
1 Timothy 6:14-15New King James Version (NKJV)
14 that you keep this commandment without spot,
blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15
which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the
Blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and
Lord of lords,
In the verse Apostle Paul was urging Timothy "in the
sight of God" ....."and before Christ Jesus"......"until
our
Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing,"
. [size=24]As clearly
Stated, the verse is talking about the appearance of
Jesus Christ. [/size]

Nice , as seen clearly from the above , you admit 1timothy 6:14,15 is talking about the appearance of Jesus Christ NOT THE FATHER.

Meanwhile , dont forget that verse 16 is a continuation of verse 14,15 that applies to the appeance of Jesus Christ . See the chart below

Vrs 14 : the appearance of the Jesus christ

Then verse 15 lists his titles

1) the blessed and only potentate,

2) he will manifest in his own time . (remeber he promised his disciples that he is coming),

3) King of kings and lord of lords,

Then verse 16 continues

4) the one alone having immortality

5) who dwells in unapproachable lights ( dont forget that the book of act says the light coming from jesus cause paul's blindness act 22:11), just to show you that those description is for jesus) cheesy

6) whom no man has seen > but his apostles see him

7) whom no man ... can see > rev 1:7 contradicts ' all eyes shall see him'

Point 6 and 7 is the reason for that contradiction ,
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by Bigbang2013(m): 8:45am On Jul 03, 2015
I don't know why Christians argues so blindly first jesus never sed worship me it was only when God spoke through great proohet he sed thy shall not worship any other God except for I lord God is one. throughout God life time in d bible e prayed to God above to the extent of even teach u chridtlike how to pray for example "our father who at in heave hallo be thy name thy Kingdom come ......and so on so forth .....the funniest of all is a book of truth should never have contradiction it should be straight forward that is why exactly the way quran was written it was published and u wull never see an interpreted quran without arabic beside it so this is a clear point of view that politics has invaded bible long time ago
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by Ranchhoddas: 8:59am On Jul 03, 2015
trapQ:
pls can you explain some other things to me. the bible really confuses me. I try to read the bible every other day but I get really confused most times and stop. when Jesus ressurected from the tomb and some women went to see him, why did some books say 2 women while some said 3. also some books said one angel was seen at the tomb who told them Jesus had resurrected while other books said two. pls explain this to me. thanks
lifter you have not answered this one.I'll like to see you wriggle away from this one.
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by Bigbang2013(m): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2015
bible errors are more than anything it has an high profile of immortality example book of Solomon 2:3
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2015
MizJanet:

Nice , as seen clearly from the above , you admit 1timothy 6:14,15 is talking about the appearance of Jesus Christ NOT THE FATHER.

Meanwhile , dont forget that verse 16 is a continuation of verse 14,15 that applies to the appeance of Jesus Christ . See the chart below

2) he will manifest in his own time . (remeber he promised his disciples that he is coming),

Then verse 16 continues

5) who dwells in unapproachable lights ( dont forget that the book of act says the light coming from jesus cause paul's blindness act 22:11), just to show you that those description is for jesus) cheesy

Hello Miss Janet,

Sorry for my delayed reply I have been so busy of late. How are you? And hope work/study is going on fine? If so Glory be to GOD.

Your taking the effort to list the attributes/titles is a wonderful development coming from you. It shows you are closely observing and studying the Bible now more than before. The Holy Spirit will continue to explain and interpret it to you in Jesus Name(Amen). Please take your Bible and read with me..........

1 Timothy 6:15-16New King James Version (NKJV)
15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

Let's summarize the divine attributes in Paul's elegant portrayal of God in 1Ti 6:15-16...

(1) Blessed

(2) Only

(3) Sovereign

(4) King of kings

(5) Lord of lords

(6) Immortality

(7) Dwells in unapproachable light

(cool Invisibility

Worship is derived from the Old English word "worthship", which in turn is from two words, worth or worthiness plus -ship denoting honor. Worship denotes the worthiness of the one receiving the special honor or devotion. For believers at the core of worship is an honoring or acknowledgment of the worth of our great God.Worship is an attitude of our heart which we should strive diligently to continually cultivate. And so it is fitting that Paul pauses once again to worship God even as he had done at the outset of this epistle...
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. (1Ti 1:17)

It should be observed that in this section (1Ti 6:15-16) God is...

characterized by an accumulation of titles and ascriptions of majesty and power noteworthy even in Paul, and indeed, in the entire Scripture. The ideas are parallel to 1Ti 1:17 but are more fully expressed. Paul's thought moves from God's manifestations to men as Potentate and King through His sovereign prerogative of immortality, back to His mysterious and inscrutable being, and leads to the final ascription of honor and eternal omnipotent sway.

Alone - The Original Greek version of the Bible has the definite article (Greek ho = English "the"wink preceding monos(Alone) and thus is more accurately rendered "the only". Why is this significant you ask? Notice that in John 5:44 Jesus uses the phrase "the only God".
Alone (monos) means only, sole or single; by themselves. To be sure both angels (good and demonic) and human beings (both saved and unsaved alike) are now immortal and will live forever in either heaven or hell. The difference of course is that the immortality of these created beings is derived from God Who alone possesses inherent immortality.

Possesses(echo) means to have or possess and in the present tense describes this as God's continual possession. The idea is to possess in the sense of having as one’s own. Paul proceeds to list God's unique Personal possessions!

Immortality (athanasia from a greek word "a [Alpha prefixed to a word negates its meaning] = without + thanatos = death) is a noun which literally means without death, "deathlessness", state of no death. It describes the state of not being subject to death, that which will never die, that which is incapable of dying.
The 1828 Webster's Dictionary says immortality is "The quality of never ceasing to live or exist; exemption from death and annihilation; life destined to endure without end; exemption from oblivion." The only other uses in the NT are in Paul's description of the believer's glorified, resurrection body as immortal. Hallelujah! What a blessed future we have to look forward to.

1Cor 15:53-54 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory.

It Immortality(Athanasia) expresses more than deathlessness, it suggests the quality of the life enjoyed, as is made clear from 2Corinthians 5:4.
For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.

In 1Timothy 1:17, Paul used the adjective aphthartos (greek) for immortal, which signifies that which is not subject to decay and death. In the introductory description of the Gospel (specifically describing every man's lost state and desperate need for the Gospel), Paul accused humankind of exchanging "the glory of the incorruptible (immortal) God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures." (Romans 1:23-note) In the context of the resurrection body which every saint will receive, Paul wrote that this eternal "acquisition" will occur "in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable (immortal), and we will be changed" (1Cor 15:52) and as Peter says will also "obtain an inheritance with is imperishable (immortal)" (1Peter 1:4-note) [/i]because we have been [i]"born again not of seed (the Word of God, the Gospel of our salvation) which is perishable but imperishable (immortal), that is, through the living and enduring word of God." (1Peter 1:23-note)

God is uniquely living, exhibiting life without a beginning or an ending! As such He is the source of all life.

Psalm 36:9 For with You is the fountain (literally a source of flowing water, here figurative as the Source) of life; In Your light ("unapproachable light"wink we see light. (metaphor of fountain and/or water for spiritual life or that which gives spiritual life - Jer 2:13, Jn 4:14, Jn 7:37-39, Rev 21:6, Rev 22:17)

Daniel 4:34 “But at the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever; For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom endures from generation to generation.
.............................................................To Be Continue
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2015
MizJanet:

Then verse 16 continues

...................................................CONTINUATION

John 5:26 “For just as the Father has life in Himself,[/b] even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself.
Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were born, or Thou didst give birth to the earth and the world, [b]even from everlasting to everlasting,
Thou art God.

Comment: Only God has essential immortality as an attribute of His being (1 Tim. 6:16). Since man begins at conception and does not come from eternity, he does not have essential immortality. Only God is from eternity to eternity (Psalm. 90:1, 2).

Habakkuk 1:12 Art Thou not from everlasting, O LORD, my God, my Holy One? We will not die. Thou, O LORD, hast appointed them to judge; And Thou, O Rock, hast established them to correct.

Micah 5:2 But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me (for God the Father) to be Ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity.

NOTE: To God alone belongs immortality essentially, underivatively. He is neither liable to, nor capable of, death. The Son of God could become capable of death only through incarnation. The argument that, because God cannot die, and yet Christ died, therefore Christ cannot be God, is utterly invalid. Christ, who was eternally one with the Father in Godhood (see e.g., Is. 9:6; Mic. 5:2), became man in order to die (Heb 10:5-10), and in doing so did not abandon His deity (Col 2:9). Being both God and Man He both could and did die, and the Gospel records bear irrefutable witness to the supernatural character of His death.

AND DWELLS IN UNAPPROACHABLE LIGHT, WHOM NO MAN HAS SEEN OR CAN SEE: (dwells: Psalm 104:2 Hab 3:4 1Jn 1:5 Rev 1:16,17 21:3 22:5) (Whom: Ex 33:20 John 1:18 6:46 14:9 Col 1:15)

Dwells (oikeo) means to reside in a place (to live, to dwell), to abide, to inhabit a place. Used of the Spirit dwelling in believers (1Cor 3:16). Of dwelling together or living together as husband and wife (marriage). Here in Timothy oikeo means to dwell in something (light). God is at home (present tense = continually dwells) in light which is inaccessible.

Unapproachable light - This phrase describes the glory of God's dwelling place and emphasizes the vast gulf between the holy God and sinful mankind. In the book of Exodus we see light used to symbolize God's presence among His people, as manifest by the continually burning oil lamp (Ex 27:20; 35:14; 39:23; Lev 24:2). On Mt Sinai Moses encounters the Angel of the LORD () in "a blazing fire" in the midst of a bush which was not consumed (Ex 3:2). Some refers to these as Shekinah Glory.1 John 1:5King James Version (KJV)
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

The Psalmist alludes to this characteristic of God dwelling in unapproachable light writing...
Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, Thou art very great; Thou art clothed with splendor and majesty, covering Thyself with light as with a cloak, stretching out heaven like a tent curtain. (Ps 104:1, 2)

He coverest himself with light as with a garment: wrapping the light about him as a monarch puts on his robe. The conception is sublime: but it makes us feel how altogether inconceivable the personal glory of the Lord must be; if light itself is but His garment and veil, what must be the blazing splendor of His own essential being! We are lost in astonishment, and dare not pry into the mystery lest we be blinded by its insufferable glory... The clearest revelation of God is still a concealment; even light is but a covering to Him. God is clothed with light as we see Him in His omniscience, His holiness, His revelation, His glory, in heaven and His grace on earth.

Unapproachable (aprositos from a = without + pros = toward + eimi = to be) describes that which cannot be approached. Inaccessible. This is the only use of this word in Scripture
God is
"Unapproachable in the essence of His being and the rights of His majesty, He has through the death, resurrection, and exaltation of His Son, “dedicated for us” “a new and living way” of access into His presence, “the holy place,” into which the believer may have “boldness to enter,” Hebrews 10:19, 20.

Light (phos from pháo = to shine) is defined by many lexicons as that which contrasts with darkness. Light is the medium of illumination that makes sight possible or makes things visible. In Scripture phos can refer to literal, physical light (Ge 1:3), but often is used metaphorically or symbolically, the greatest metaphorical use being used to symbolize Jesus as "the Light of the world." (John 8:12).
Habakkuk gives us an overwhelming description of God...
His radiance is like the sunlight; He has rays flashing from His hand, and there is the hiding of His power. (Hab 3:4)

James describes God as "the Father of lights" (James 1:17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

The verses below summarizes the uses of light in Scripture (apart from it's uses to describe natural illumination)...

(a) the glory of God’s dwelling–place, 1Ti 6:16;

(b) the nature of God, 1Jn 1:5;

(c) the impartiality of God, Jas 1:17;

(d) the favor of God, Ps. 4:6; of the King, Pr 16:15; of an influential man, Job 29:24;

(e) God, as the illuminator of His people, Isa. 60:19, 20;

(f) the Lord Jesus as the Illuminator of men, Jn 1:4, 5, 9; 3:19; 8:12; 9:5; 12:35, 36, 46; Acts 13:47;

(g) the illuminating power of the Scriptures, Ps 119:105; and of the judgments and commandments of God, Isa. 51:4; Pr 6:23, cp. Ps. 43:3;

(h) the guidance of God, Job 29:3; Ps 112:4; Isa. 58:10; and, ironically, of the guidance of man, Ro 2:19

(i) salvation, 1Pe 2:9

(j) righteousness, Ro 13:12; 2Cor. 11:14, 15; 1Jn 2:9, 10;

(k) witness for God, Mt 5:14, 16; Jn 5:35;

(l) prosperity and general well–being, Esther 8:16; Job 18:18; Isa. 58:8-10.

Which no man has seen or can see ("Invisible" in 1Ti 1:17) - More literally this Greek phrase reads "which saw no one of men but not to see is able", which of course is very awkward. Note that Paul twice uses the strongest negatives possible (absolute negatives = ou in oudeis and oude) to emphasize the fact that man has not and cannot see the essence of God. Paul has already stated God dwells is unapproachable light and now says he is invisible to men! This sounds fairly hopeless, were it not for the Lord Jesus Christ Who is the purveyor of eternal hope.

Explanation...

God is, in the essence of His being, invisible to the natural eye, Deuteronomy 4:12; 1John 4:12. He is seen by us in Christ alone, who is God revealed, the Father manifested and declared, John 1:18; 14:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Colossians 1:15; Hebrews 1:3. “Whosoever sins [present tense = goes on sinning, as a habit or a practice] has not seen Him, neither knows Him,” 1John 3:6. “He that doeth [present tense = a practice] evil has not seen God” (3John 11).

Spiritual vision is granted only to the truly regenerate.
And hereafter it is “the pure in heart” who shall see God, Matthew 5:8. Without “the sanctification, no man shall see the Lord,” Hebrews 12:14. In seeing the Son we shall see the Father. See also Psalm 17:15.

How will we see God in heaven?

We will never be able to see or know all of God, for “his greatness is unsearchable” (Ps. 145:3; cf. John 6:46; 1Ti 1:17; 6:16; 1Jn 4:12. And we will not be able to see—at least with our physical eyes—the spiritual being of God. Nevertheless, Scripture says that we will see God himself. Jesus says, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” (Matt. 5:cool. We will be able to see the human nature of Jesus, of course (Rev 1:7). [/i]But it is not clear in exactly what sense we will be able to “see” the Father and the Holy Spirit, or the divine nature of God the Son [i](Rev 1:4; 4:2–3, 5; 5:6). Perhaps the nature of this “seeing” will not be known to us until we reach heaven.

Although what we see will not be an exhaustive vision of God, it will be a completely true and clear and real vision of God. We shall see “face to face” (1Cor 13:12) and “we shall see him as he is” (1John 3:2). The most remarkable description of the open, close fellowship with God that we shall experience is seen in the fact that in the heavenly city “the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and his servants shall worship him; they shall see His face and His name shall be on their foreheads” (Rev. 22:3, 4).

When we realize that God is the perfection of all that we long for or desire, that He is the summation of everything beautiful or desirable, then we realize that the greatest joy of the life to come will be that we “shall see His face.” This seeing of God “face to face” has been called the beatific vision meaning “the vision that makes us blessed or happy” (“beatific” is from two Latin words, beatus “blessed,” and facere “to make”). To look at God changes us and makes us like him: “We shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2; cf. 2 Cor. 3:18). This vision of God will be the consummation of our knowing God and will give us full delight and joy for all eternity: “in your presence there is fulness of joy, in your right hand are pleasures for evermore” (Ps. 16:11).

SEVERAL PASSAGES ABOUT SEEING GOD

Exodus 33:18-23 Psalm 63:1,2
Psalm 27:8 Genesis 32:30
John 4:24 John 1:18
1Peter 2:9 John 14:9
Colossians 1:15 Hebrews 1:3
1John 5:20 Acts 7:55

TO HIM BE HONOR AND ETERNAL DOMINION! AMEN: (To Him: 1Ti 1:17 Ro 16:25-27 Eph 3:21 Php 4:20 Jude 1:25 Rev 1:6 4:11 7:12)
To Him be honor and eternal dominion - The verb "be" is added by translators. Paul prayerfully desires the reverence and respect that is due God Whose rule will never end.

God having all power and honor to Himself, it is our duty to ascribe all power and honor to Him. (1.) What an evil is sin, when committed against such a God, the blessed and only Potentate! The evil of it rises in proportion to the dignity of Him against Whom it is committed. (2.) Great is His condescension, to take notice of such mean and vile creatures as we are. What are we then, that the blessed God, the King of kings and Lord of lords, should seek after us? (3.) Blessed are those who are admitted to dwell with this great and blessed Potentate. Happy are thy men (says the queen of Sheba to king Solomon), happy are these thy servants, who stand continually before thee, 1Ki 10:8. Much more happy are those who are allowed to stand before the King of kings. (4.) Let us love, adore, and praise, the great God; for who shall not fear Thee, O Lord, and glorify Thy Name? For Thou only art holy,Rev. 15:4

Honor (to pay honor or respect) is the worth or value ascribed to a person or thing. That which is paid in token of worth or value.
1Ti 1:17; Heb 2:9;
1Pe 1:7; 2Pe 1:17;
Rev 4:9, 11; 5:12, 13; 7:12; 21:26

Honor or respect - Jn 4:44 (honor of a prophet), Acts 28:10 (Paul, et al), Ro 2:7,10 (honor to people from God), Ro 12:10 (believers to one another), Ro 13:7 (honor to those in authority positions), (1Cor 12:23, 24- members of the body of Christ whom seem less honorable), (1Th 4:4 could refer to one's wife or own body), (Honor to God - 1Ti 1:17, 1Ti 6:16, Heb 2:9, Rev 4:9, 11, 5:12,13, 7:12, Rev 21:26) (1Ti 5:17 - of elders, possibly referring to what we today call an "honorarium"wink. (Honor of slaves to masters - 1Ti 6:1) (Man had honor in creation - Heb 2:7) (As builder has more honor than house - Heb 3:3 - so Jesus has more honor than Moses) (Honor allotted to a high priest - Heb 5:4) (Honor of believers or of Jesus at His revelation - 1Pe 1:7) (Husbands grant honor to wife - 1Pe 3:7

Eternal(aionios from aion) means existing at all times, perpetual, pertaining to an unlimited duration of time (Ro 1:20 - God's power, Mt 18:8 - God's place of judgment, Ro 16:26 - God's attribute). Aionios (eternal) is the exact antithesis of proskairos (temporal).

Dominion(kratos) means strength or might, especially manifested power, the power to rule or control or dominion where our English word dominion describes the power to rule, supreme authority, sovereignty, the right to govern or rule or determine.
Dominion (Kratos) - 12 uses - Lk. 1:51; Acts 19:20; Eph. 1:19; 6:10; Col. 1:11; 1Ti 6:16; Heb. 2:14; 1Pe 4:11; 5:11; Jude 1:25; Rev. 1:6; 5:13, translated in the NKJV as dominion, 6; might, 1; mightily, 1; mighty deeds, 1; power, 1; strength, 2.

Amen (amen) is transliterated from the Hebrew word "amen" and primarily has the idea of "firm". Amen "came to be used as an adverb by which something is asserted or confirmed."At the beginning of a sentence amen conveys the sense of "truly" or "surely". Only Jesus uses "amen" at the beginning of a sentence.

NOTE: I blend some Greek words with it because you mentioned in one of your previous text that you read from the Greek version of the Bible.

I may not be there to explain what seems contradictory to you all the time but please whenever you want to read your Bible call upon the Holy Spirit to enter into your heart and interpret the word to you. May God Bless you!

Shalom
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 8:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Bigbang2013:
I don't know why Christians argues so blindly first jesus never sed worship me it was only when God spoke through great proohet he sed thy shall not worship any other God except for I lord God is one. throughout God life time in d bible e prayed to God above to the extent of even teach u chridtlike how to pray for example "our father who at in heave hallo be thy name thy Kingdom come ......and so on so forth .....the funniest of all is a book of truth should never have contradiction it should be straight forward that is why exactly the way quran was written it was published and u wull never see an interpreted quran without arabic beside it so this is a clear point of view that politics has invaded bible long time ago

Dear BigBang

Please read the conversation am having with Miss Janet, It will really help you out of your Predicament.

The Bible is written by those that were inspired by God to write it not by just any Historian, Script writer or Story teller who derive pleasure in fantasy.

Do not read it as someone reading a mere novel/story book. Call upon the Holy Spirit for the interpretation of it. What seem contradictory to you, if interpreted by the Holy Spirit might be the food your Spirit need to Prosper.

God Bless you Mightily!

Shalom

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make It To Heaven!!! / / The "Deaf" Theists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.