Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

"Contradictions" In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Contradictions" In The Bible (2742 Views)

D / Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Doctoralien(christian) / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2015
trapQ:
pls can you explain some other things to me. the bible really confuses me. I try to read the bible every other day but I get really confused most times and stop. when Jesus ressurected from the tomb and some women went to see him, why did some books say 2 women while some said 3. also some books said one angel was seen at the tomb who told them Jesus had resurrected while other books said two. pls explain this to me. thanks

Dear TrapQ

Please will you be kind enough to tell me the verses you are referring to?

God Bless You!

Thanks
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lampardizik(m): 9:00am On Jul 10, 2015
MizJanet:

Nice , as seen clearly from the above , you admit 1timothy 6:14,15 is talking about the appearance of Jesus Christ NOT THE FATHER.

Meanwhile , dont forget that verse 16 is a continuation of verse 14,15 that applies to the appeance of Jesus Christ . See the chart below

Vrs 14 : the appearance of the Jesus christ

Then verse 15 lists his titles

1) the blessed and only potentate,

2) he will manifest in his own time . (remeber he promised his disciples that he is coming),

3) King of kings and lord of lords,

Then verse 16 continues

4) the one alone having immortality

5) who dwells in unapproachable lights ( dont forget that the book of act says the light coming from jesus cause paul's blindness act 22:11), just to show you that those description is for jesus) cheesy

6) whom no man has seen > but his apostles see him

7) whom no man ... can see > rev 1:7 contradicts ' all eyes shall see him'

Point 6 and 7 is the reason for that contradiction ,

All these points you stated are referring to God the Father and not Jesus. let's take a look at Matt 24:36-37:
"But of that day and hour no
one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but
My Father only

That was Jesus talking to His disciples. So all the points you made so far points to the Father

God bless you
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
lampardizik:

All these points you stated are referring to God the Father and not Jesus. let's take a look at Matt 24:36-37:
"But of that day and hour no
one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but
My Father only

That was Jesus talking to His disciples. So all the points you made so far points to the Father

God bless you

We aint dumb, y'all are confuse

" which he will manifest in his own time" , whose manifestation is that ? That same Paul says its " the manifestation of Jesus" NOT manifestation of FATHER . Its all about jesus
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
lifter:

Dear TrapQ

Please will you be kind enough to tell me the verses you are referring to?

God Bless You!

Thanks

Two simple question will trash your whole long epistle .

1) whose manifestation is being described ?

2) according to bible , to whom does the name kings of kings and lord of lords refers ?
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lampardizik(m): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
MizJanet:

We aint dumb, y'all are confuse

" which he will manifest in his own time" , whose manifestation is that ? That same Paul says its " the manifestation of Jesus" NOT manifestation of FATHER . Its all about jesus

Is it not possible for me to show you someone else...this issue is just pure english,the Father manifests His Son in His own time...what is confusing in that?

Na wa oo
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
lampardizik:

Is it not possible for me to show you someone else...this issue is just pure english,the Father manifests His Son in His own time...what is confusing in that?

Na wa oo

and that son was described as the king of king and lord of lords , who only has imortality , whom no man hath seen or can see
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lifter(m): 12:12am On Jul 11, 2015
MizJanet:

Two simple question will trash your whole long epistle .

1) whose manifestation is being described ?

2) according to bible , to whom does the name kings of kings and lord of lords refers ?

Miss Janet

Please read the text again (with Bible in hand), so you can read the Bible references that I made but which I wasn't able to quote.

If after doing this you still don't get it, Pray to the Holy Spirit for Spiritual Guidance and Interpretation.

(Your aim is to trash my text not to understand what I am trying to pass across to you. I don't think I have the time for that type of conversation.)

God Bless You!

Shalom
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lampardizik(m): 12:55am On Jul 13, 2015
MizJanet:

and that son was described as the king of king and lord of lords , who only has imortality , whom no man hath seen or can see

Like I stated before...the Father(the doer,is being described with all those attribute being the King of kings and Lord of lords , who only has immortality , whom no man hath seen or can see) manifests(the doing,the action word,which is being done to somebody else) the Son(the one who is being manifested,the one on the receiving end of the action).

That is how best I can explain...I hope you get it
God bless you!!
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by MizJanet(f): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2015
lampardizik:

Like I stated before...the Father(the doer,is being described with all those attribute being the King of kings and Lord of lords , who only has immortality , whom no man hath seen or can see) manifests(the doing,the action word,which is being done to somebody else) the Son(the one who is being manifested,the one on the receiving end of the action).

That is how best I can explain...I hope you get it
God bless you!!

lol , but your bible said the name king of king and Lord of lord refers to Jesus ? YES OR NO. * you are afraid to admit since u know it will implicate you*

Let me ask the question this way : when you people go to your church and shout " King of kings and Lord of lord" , who do you have in mind ? Dont lie oh
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by madlatunji: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2015
And if I say that you are an olodo, what is the reasonable explanation?
Re: "Contradictions" In The Bible by lampardizik(m): 9:51am On Jul 13, 2015
MizJanet:

lol , but your bible said the name king of king and Lord of lord refers to Jesus ? YES OR NO. * you are afraid to admit since u know it will implicate you*

Let me ask the question this way : when you people go to your church and shout " King of kings and Lord of lord" , who do you have in mind ? Dont lie oh

Lady,lady,lady...to what aim
There a lot of things you don't understand about the Bible,but if you want to understand or know more,NL is not the place...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make It To Heaven!!! / Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.