Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song (2495 Views)

Would I Be The First Nairaland Artiste To Be Signed Into A Major Record Label? / How To Get Signed To @donjazzy’s Mavin Records – Mavin 2.0 / How To Get Signed To A Record Label In Nigeria!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song by Paulscholari(m): 6:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
Sorry this thought just entered into my head now. Lol. Quite hilarious thou. Is it possible for such to happen. I was listening to a music programme on the radio, and I was quite engrossed with the things am hearing from the programme of how our artists are making exploit and also elated in my spirit and I feel like a super star, then i remember that i have no recorded song even thou i have been writing songs... Oh my, what of those record labels can they see my ability through the prowess of my songs lyrics even without a recorded song,!!!!

Food for thought

cc:whoever
Re: Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song by Awesomeking: 4:52am On Jun 29, 2015
Paulscholari:
Sorry this thought just entered into my head now. Lol. Quite hilarious thou. Is it possible for such to happen. I was listening to a music programme on the radio, and I was quite engrossed with the things am hearing from the programme of how our artists are making exploit and also elated in my spirit and I feel like a super star, then i remember that i have no recorded song even thou i have been writing songs... Oh my, what of those record labels can they see my ability through the prowess of my songs lyrics even without a recorded song,!!!!

Food for thought

cc:whoever
yeah you can,but not as an artist..you could be a lyricist or a songwriter,am a songwriter in over 9 labels (contractual)

i watch songs i wrote being played on soundcity everyday,so its weird though :/

dont worry,you just have to get another thiiing thats important to the label,like u could be a d.j or promoter,manager..stylist,personal label dancer for the music videos...there are endless possibilities dude..never dispute that
Re: Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song by Paulscholari(m): 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
Awesomeking:
yeah you can,but not as an artist..you could be a lyricist or a songwriter,am a songwriter in over 9 labels (contractual)

i watch songs i wrote being played on soundcity everyday,so its weird though :/

dont worry,you just have to get another thiiing thats important to the label,like u could be a d.j or promoter,manager..stylist,personal label dancer for the music videos...there are endless possibilities dude..never dispute that
Wow, that's nice bro. But how can one be part of a label being a lyricist, songwriter, promoter or label dancer. Am so interested.
Re: Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song by Awesomeking: 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
Paulscholari:
Wow, that's nice bro. But how can one be part of a label being a lyricist, songwriter, promoter or label dancer. Am so interested.
its all about starting small with a very very large amount of talent,not just anyone can be a songwriter or lyricist,you have to graduate from music school first dude..you cant just walk into the hq of mavins and say you wanna be the songwriter there...if you are talented and u know your stuff..do a few free jobs..when the market becomes large..then you add a price...as you are getting better and more popular,you increase your price per verse...then when you arre fully known in the underground as a good songwriter,thats when the label owners call you to write for them ..trust me its a very long process..you have to be determined and start very early,i started when i was 12,am 17 and already making a living..how's that?? smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song by ponti93(m): 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
Awesomeking:
its all about starting small with a very very large amount of talent,not just anyone can be a songwriter or lyricist,you have to graduate from music school first dude..you cant just walk into the hq of mavins and say you wanna be the songwriter there...if you are talented and u know your stuff..do a few free jobs..when the market becomes large..then you add a price...as you are getting better and more popular,you increase your price per verse...then when you arre fully known in the underground as a good songwriter,thats when the label owners call you to write for them ..trust me its a very long process..you have to be determined and start very early,i started when i was 12,am 17 and already making a living..how's that?? smiley smiley smiley
plz can we talk biz, here is my mail poundsconcept@gmail.com .
Re: Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song by Awesomeking: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
ponti93:

plz can we talk biz, here is my mail poundsconcept@gmail.com .
that depends on the kinda biz we are going to talk about,something good?
Re: Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song by ponti93(m): 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
Awesomeking:
that depends on the kinda biz we are going to talk about,something good?
music business
Re: Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song by Awesomeking: 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
ponti93:
music business
alright then
Re: Can One Get Signed Into A Record Label Without Having A Recorded Song by ettaetta(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nope, try and record at least one track then start promoting it. U have to build ur music career to and extent before they will sign u, they hardly sign raw artist

(1) (Reply)

Throwback: Porsh Kayiana – Blackberry Ft. Duncan Mighty (2010) / Take Care Of Me Video [download]- Skales / Don Jazzy Replies Kelly Hansome Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.