Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? (4649 Views)

Who Is The Funniest Of These 4 Nigerian Actors? / Nigerian Actors Who Combine Acting With Lecturing Jobs (Photos) / Do Actors Get Turned On Filming Romance Scenes? Nigerian Actors Respond (2) (3) (4)

Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by spade: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2006
Hi, I'm Spade

We've seen many performances from various nollywood actors and actresses so I just want to ask, If given the chance to present an oscar to any of them, who would you give it to?

Please state the name of the actor and the particular movie
Or just the name of the actor,
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Raymand(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2006
HAHAHAHHA! what a joke grin i
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by iice(f): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2006
Funny, people like Don Cheadle never win oscar tongue
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by momoney1(m): 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2006
maybe local Oscar by Nollywood ha ha ha grin grin grin

Oscar khe
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by ikamefa(f): 1:11am On Sep 22, 2006
i deserve it, yes me ika6 tongue considering all ma runs on nl grin, i really do deserve it!

oopsy shocked @ topic said nollywood actors abi? ma choice is Baba suwe " grin " tongue

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by spade: 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2006
Come on guys, Be serious. I really need to know this. At least ther should be a good nollywood actor or actress good enough to level up to the hollywood standards,

Well, In my own opinion, I think RMD deserves an oscar for his performance in the movie 'SHAME'. Though its an old movie, I have had time to watch that movie again and I think he really acted well. even better than most of his recent movies.

For the best actress position, I think Liz Benson deserves one for her performance in 'SCORES TO SETTLE'. I think her performance was groundbreaking in that movie.

The above mentioned are old movies quite alright, but I think they are good. I was given the chance to see these movies again and I discovered Nigerian actors and actresses were betterduring the 1997-1998-1999 period before these useles new people came in to abuse the pleasure of filmmaking. The practically ruined it for evverybody with their continious playing of thier former roles and always making love movies which they definitely aren't good at.

My worst actor is Pat Attah. Sentiments apart, HE CAN'T ACT!! He is cute, but just is stiff!!

My Worst Actress? Shan George. Is playing the role of a LovePeddler the only thing she perfects at for peace sakes!!

This definitely is what I think!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by iice(f): 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2006
There is a difference between hollywood standard and oscar standard. Not many hollywood people are worthy of an oscar. Wonder why some actors/actresses get nominated many times? I dont know about the others but i wasnt joking sha. grin
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Hugoboi(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2006
Quite honestly,I think Oscars r way out of the league of nigerian actors, the problem with nolly wood is a complex one ranging from inexperience,lack of professionalism to downright mediocrity.The whole industry suxx and needs a total overhauling.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Shokoloko(f): 12:10am On Sep 23, 2006
No Nigerian actor or Actress deserves even an Oscar nomination talk less of Oscar. Abeg O jare
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by kiki(f): 12:35am On Sep 23, 2006
they've not gottn there yet they need to work a lil more ok maybe a lot
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Busta(f): 4:17am On Sep 24, 2006
kiki:

they've not gottn there yet they need to walk a lil more ok maybe a lot
Word!
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by lizzy(f): 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2006
i will say RMD, MICHEAL EZURUONYE, RAMSEY NOAH, JIDE KOSOKO, YOMI FASH LANSO, ( and dis guy dat did OGA), den actresses, i will choose,, NGOZI EZEONU, LIZ BENSON, BUKKY AJAYI, RITA EDOCHIE, OMOTOLA JOLADE AND STELLA DAMASCUS.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by momoney1(m): 12:30am On Sep 26, 2006
if i must pick from your nominees i'll choose, RMD, Liz Benson, Bukky Ajayi(love dat woman), Omotola Jolade, Stella Damascus

and what about Joke Sylvia, Jim Ik cant remember others, arent they good enough?
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by yongbabe(f): 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2007
Genny deseres 1. infact she deserves 10!! that girl is 2 much kiss kiss
oh and then emeka ike, ramsey, rita domnic, uche jumbo n , ( still thinkin)
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by londoner: 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2007
Ngozi Ezeonu, Stella Damasus, Nkiru Sylvanus (I think thats her name)
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by trendy(f): 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2007
Genevieve nnajiu
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by ritchboi: 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2007
did sum1 jus mention uche jumbo,
roflmao,literaly.Oh my God,1 bucket of tears jus came outa my eyes.una go give me cardiac arrest 1 day,my ribs don break,abeg cal doctor ooo!
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by yongbabe(f): 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2007
i didnt like her b4, but when i say some of her recent movies, i had 2 admit that she was realy good.
if u have u seen games men play or total war u will know what i am talkin about.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by trendy(f): 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2007
Uche has really improved from that girl
to the girl to watch out for
i used to diss her as local before
but the transformation in that girl is over whelming
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by mellow(m): 9:48am On Sep 02, 2007
RMD and Liz Benson[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by SMC(f): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2007
The question posed on this thread is an insult to serious actors in Hollywood who toil very hard when making a movie [and don't churn out crap in a few weeks only to call such crap a movie]. Nobody in Nollywood deserves an Oscar. . . Period. Not even Olu Jacob and Joke Silva who trained and acted abroad and who are regarded among the cream of the Nigerian actors.

The standard of acting in Nollywood falls way short of Hollywood 'B' movies and even those sort of movies do not aspire to an Oscar nomination talk much less of actually winning an Oscar.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by naijababe2(f): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2007
joke silver ;d
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by yongbabe(f): 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2007
SMC:

The question posed on this thread is an insult to serious actors in Hollywood who toil very hard when making a movie [and don't churn out crap in a few weeks only to call such crap a movie]. Nobody in Nollywood deserves an Oscar. . . Period. Not even Olu Jacob and Joke Silva who trained and acted abroad and who are regarded among the cream of the Nigerian actors.

The standard of acting in Nollywood falls way short of Hollywood 'B' movies and even those sort of movies do not aspire to an Oscar nomination talk much less of actually winning an Oscar.

look, we have lots of talent in 9ja.
just because hollywood is better than nollywood.
dosent mean 9ja actors cant be beta than nollywood actors.
so shut it
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Nobella(f): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2007
SMC!
No offence here sis but honestly people like you make me wonder when we are going to stop woshirping the "developed world" IDOL!

If Nigerian Ghanian or any other African actors can put together amovie in less than amonth and its as beautiful "Keeping Faith" by RMD Genevieve Naji, Bimbo Akintola and the rest, yet HollyWood can take almost two years making acrapy movie like The Cabble Guy by Jimmy Carrey! Why shouldn't Nollywood actors have Oscars?

I am sorry if am hurting you hollywood worshiping ego but I believe big things come from small things and thats why today we have movies like 30Days coming our way!

Now tell me if you can not award actors like Olu Jacobs, Liz Benson,Bukky Ajayi,Joke Sliva, Genevieve Naji,RMD,SDA,Rita Dominic,Ramsey Noah, the list is endles! Who can you award?

Please tell me what Jemy Fox did in Ray that RMD could not have done in Critical Asignment! What did Angelina Jolie did in Mr and Mrs Smith that Genievie could not do in 30Days? I believe they are different roles and settings but same great acting so do not give us that hoodwinked HollyWood fantasy jsut because they (HollyWood) has resources and Nigeria does not.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Nobella(f): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2007
SMC!
No offence here sis but honestly people like you make me wonder when we are going to stop woshirping the "developed world" IDOL!

If Nigerian Ghanian or any other African actors can put together amovie in less than amonth and its as beautiful "Keeping Faith" by RMD Genevieve Naji, Bimbo Akintola and the rest, yet HollyWood can take almost two years making acrapy movie like The Cabble Guy by Jimmy Carrey! Why shouldn't Nollywood actors have Oscars?

I am sorry if am hurting you hollywood worshiping ego but I believe big things come from small things and thats why today we have movies like 30Days coming our way!

Now tell me if you can not award actors like Olu Jacobs, Liz Benson,Bukky Ajayi,Joke Sliva, Genevieve Naji,RMD,SDA,Rita Dominic,Ramsey Noah, the list is endles! Who can you award?

Please tell me what Jemy Fox did in Ray that RMD could not have done in Critical Asignment! What did Angelina Jolie did in Mr and Mrs Smith that Genievie could not do in 30Days? I believe they are different roles and settings but same great acting so do not give us that hoodwinked HollyWood fantasy jsut because they (HollyWood) has resources and Nigeria does not.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Nobella(f): 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2007
Hi,

I request the admin toplease delete one of my posts on this topic as I accidentaly posted two similar items and I cant seem to find away to delet the last one.

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Sharn06: 3:08am On Sep 03, 2007
RMD, Joke Silva
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by pterygott(f): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2007
dat one has not been born yet
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Kabibi(f): 11:38am On Sep 06, 2007
SMC you are way out of line. Register some respect for your own oh! angry
I would vote RMD and Liz Benson, they deserve those Ocars. Gene, Ramsey
Emeka, and Omotola are also future hot contenders. cool
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by marjson(m): 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2007
i nominate pete edoche,
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Princessty(f): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2009
Nadia Buari-Beyonce,The King Is Mine

Jackie Appiah-I Hate Woman,The Prince's Bride

Yvonne Nelson-Passion Of the soul and the beloved princess tyra

Majid Michel

Juliet Ibrahim

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde

Oge Okoye

Funke Akindele

Segun Ogungbe

Ini Edo

Fathia Balogun

Dakore Egbuson

Monalisa Chinda

Jummai Johnson

Kalsum Sinare

Kofi Adjorlo

Kofi Buckner

Girlz From girl Connection

Nana Ama Brown

Rama Brew

Genevieve Nnaji

Kate Nuttal Henshaw

Uche Jumbo

Jide Kosoko

Osita Iheme

Tchidi Chikere

Stephanie Okereke

Joke Silva

Liz Benson

Queen Nwokoye

Stella Damusus

Mama G (Patience Ozokwor)

Richard Mofe Damijo

Olu Jacobs

Sola Sobowale

Hilda Dokubo

Nkem Owoh

Ifueoma Ejenobor

Geraldine Okocha

Norbert Young

Sandra Achums
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by Princessty(f): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2009
one more Ramsey Noah

Mike Tyson Now Female! Sex Change Operation ‘A Complete Success’, Say Surgeons / Picture: Rapper Vector's Girlfriend, Gbemisola / MAN Bμsted By Wife In A Hotel Sleeping With A 16 Yr Old Student [photos]