Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? (4651 Views)

Who Is The Funniest Of These 4 Nigerian Actors? / Nigerian Actors Who Combine Acting With Lecturing Jobs (Photos) / Do Actors Get Turned On Filming Romance Scenes? Nigerian Actors Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by MrCrackles(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2009
Oscar ke shocked shocked shocked shocked
I am sorry to say, NONE!!!!!!! grin
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by eezzy(f): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2009
Genny obviously, bimbo akintola, patience, ramsey, jim iyke and mike ezeruonye, oh and desmond elliot. The rest are supporting artists
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by omar22(m): 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2009
What did Angelina Jolie did in Mr and Mrs Smith that Genievie could not do in 30Days? I believe they are different roles and settings but same great acting so do not give us that hoodwinked HollyWood fantasy jsut because they (HollyWood) has resources and Nigeria does not.

Let me see

Jump out of a window of a high rise
Leap from one building to another
Kiss brad pitt
shoot any type of gun
murder someone
jump out of a moving car

Do you want me to go on,
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by olivety: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2009
Hi,
i think is Jim Iyke because he's all in one na, he's in vogue, he's more than an actor.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Actors Or Actresses Do You Think Deserves An Oscar? by joewee87: 11:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
SMC: The question posed on this thread is an insult to serious actors in Hollywood who toil very hard when making a movie [and don't churn out crap in a few weeks only to call such crap a movie]. Nobody in Nollywood deserves an Oscar. . . Period. Not even Olu Jacob and Joke Silva who trained and acted abroad and who are regarded among the cream of the Nigerian actors.

The standard of acting in Nollywood falls way short of Hollywood 'B' movies and even those sort of movies do not aspire to an Oscar nomination talk much less of actually winning an Oscar.

@SMC: Please do try and be optimistic about our movie industry. We know that the level they are now is really nothing to write home about but it's worth our support. I believe you can agree with me that the likes of RMD, Olu Jacobs, Stella Damascus, Joke Sylva, Omotola, Genevive and a host of other credible actors are worth nominating if given the chance considering the fact that they have done something out of nothing. I hope you do not want to compare our movie industry with that of America cos that's like comparing Nigeria's economy with theirs....they are not our mates in anything, so please let's give kudos to those who have tried their best raising Nigeria's movie industry from nothing to something. The American government supports and invest in their movie industry why can't ours do same?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rihanna Passed Away / A Tribute To Late Sam Loco Efe / {PHOTO} Actress Naturi Naughton Flashes Her Undies In Photo Shoot Gone Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.