Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,558 members, 7,809,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

How To Install "Windows Update" Manually - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Install "Windows Update" Manually (805 Views)

Upgrade From Old Windows 10 To New Windows 10 November Update Manually / How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Install "Windows Update" Manually by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
ok. for those of you like me, who like to keep your system updated buy do not have an internet connection or not enough data to update it, but you can access internet somewhere else but cant just get your system there, or in a cafe with no wifi....

in my own case, wifi full my office, with enough systems to browse and download but my laptop cant come with me to work, we even submit PHONES at the gate. talkless about laptop.

and i want to update it....

here is how

im talking about "windows updates" o and not upgrading from 8 to 8.1

1. open start and search for "windows update" pic 1

2. open it.... you should see something like pic 2, if not check for new updates only, do not download nor install(they are different updates for different pc, you need to know which is for your pc (no internet? no alternative yet but it should show updates, as long as you had connected your pc to the internet before)
NB: if you are going to connect to the internet, default setting of window update is set to automatically download and install, you will need to change it to "check for updates but let me choose if to install them" in the left side menu
as you can see my updates are over 1gb, i can not think of using my data to install it.

3. click on your important updates

4. select an update an you would find the info by your right

5. click on more information and it will open your web browser
--- no internet connection? copy the page url and continue to 6
--- got internet? continue to 8

6. open note pad and save the url in your flash (and yes you need a flash to also download the updates in)

7. open the url later when you have access to the internet

8. you should see a page like pic 4

Re: How To Install "Windows Update" Manually by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
9. scroll down till where you would find "The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center" or any link redirecting you to Microsoft Download Center under the tab "how to obtain update" note that this page varies among updates, so if you smart you should find your way around and to the download center page. you don't expect me to post where you would find the download center link for every update.

10. when the download center page loads, just click on download, when download completes, install. finish.if you don't have enough data, you can copy the link to download somewhere else. then your system become updated

alternatively you can copy the update name and google it, the open the download center result to download, but you might download the wrong update or file in this process. tenk.

you might also see variation in OS, remember to pick your own OS, for i example i pick windows 8.1 when there is variation, and cpu type, you might see more than one links or asked to choose btw x86 or x64, x86 means 32-bit while x64 means 64-bit system, i personally use 32-bit so i always select x86

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does Laptop Screen And Motherboard Cost? / Advice Needed / HELP MEEE Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.